Optima trial

Has anyone been asked to participate in this trial ? I have to make my decision by tomorrow and would like to hear from others before I decide . 

I was diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer in Feb this year . I have had a lumpectomy and breast reduction in April and then an axillary clearance in May . 3 out of 15 were affected , so I was asked to do this trial . My tumour was big , 6.5cm . I hate the thought of chemo and losing my hair , ridiculous I know . My hospital does not use the cold cap ! 

I would appreciate your opinions ?. 

Hello Nursekate

I was diagnosed with Grade 2 IDC HER neg ER pos - 3 cm tumour which was removed on 29th May, (they initially thought it was 6cm) had a therapeutic mammoplasty, already knew I had one node positive, after full node clearance they found another so two out of 25. 

Have appointment to see oncologist on Monday 25th, two consultant surgeons said I should have chemo but I’ve been told I too have to decide re this trial as I’m eligible apparently… 

Like you, I am really undecided, yes, would really like to avoid chemo, especially at my age (64) but I’m so conscious of being told I will definitely need it ! I’ve done a little research, and apparently this test (Prosigna) is pretty detailed, and should give an accurate result if chemo is needed, but it’s the doubt !! 

Would love to hear some advice from others, too… can I ask what happened at your appointment? 

I hope that you have managed to make a decision that will suit you, and leaves you feeling more positive about it all, it is a totally horrible thing, this…

Very best wishes to you.

Thistle 

Hi, I have just joined up for this trial, I’m having a Lymph node clearance on 10th Dec. I’m also worried about having Chemo unnecessarily… How are you progressing? Did you end up having Chemo?

Any information would be greatly appreciated x