Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain when going to the toilet

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Pain when going to the toilet

Hi Linda,

i was told to drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day which i am managing to do.

i started to take sugar free liquorice which i got at Aldi when i needed some bowel help and lots of fruit.. only needed 2 pieces and so far i'm still good .

good luck with your journey   Mini mad xx

Highlighted

Thanks Shi. Yes I have prunes and havn't needed laxatives yet but have some if need be. I do drink a litre at work at least but will try to increase that.

I have spoken to hospital re stitch and saw nurse also who cut it so not sticking out but I may have another now. I have also given a nail clipping to the nurse to have tested. Hope you are ok.x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Linda ❤️Sorry you’ve botty issues, have you tried the ask the nurse function on here, they could help till any others jump on and share tips 😘😘have you been doing the usual and getting plenty of fluids down and odd senokot/movicol/prunes? I’d let your bc nurse/unit know about the stitch you’ve had since surgery too and go to docs about nail infection 😘💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Ps.I also had a painful smear and am trying Yes moisturiser with applicators as that is another painful area too. I think I have a nail infection or maybe its taking time to recover as has my hair which is still curly although less so. My blood is not back to normal either and I have had a stitch and maybe another resurface after an op in May for symmetry. So maybe I am just taking a while to recover but any advice re my initial query and my private bits especially would be appreciated as its getting me down now. Many thanks.

Highlighted

Pain when going to the toilet

Hi,

I am still in pain when going for a number 2. I finished chemo in September and although it is not too bad now I have started using cream again as it hurts again. I think its related to the fissure I had last year or a new one. Has anyone else had issues lasting this long? Many thanks.

Linda x