327452posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2016 starters

Re: September 2016 starters - LGFB Workshops

Hi Ladies

For those of you that not yet booked yourself on on the LGFB workshops, if you enter your poscode you will be able to find out when the next is in your area.

http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/workshops-and-advice/dates-and-locations

You do receive a nice bag of makeup and cleaning goodies - so worth going just for that Woman Very Happy

Re: September 2016 starters

Hi everyone!

Just did Cycle 2 FEC on Monday.  Got EMEND for 3 days plus usual Ondansatron and Dexamethazone for 5 days.  I had really bad nausea on Cycle 1 and I really think EMEND has helped.  Im a lot less nauseous this time.

I also bought SEABANDS this time and am wearing them. 

Rosie Ro - I got the PICC from the start.  I wrap my arm tightly in clingfilm and put on the plastic sock.  I keep my arm up in the shower to minimise water contact and it works fine.  I have no bother sleeping on that side.  I also have no prob getting blood pressure taken on top of it just keep the catheter part out of the way

Sarah see above

Steph I am struggling to hold on to my hair.  5 days ago I tied it in a wee ponytail at the nape of my neck and kept it in with lots of clips.  I have not taken it out since and its holding my hair in place quite well. I said already I sleep on a silk pillowcase which I think is a godsend - no hair falls out at night.  I think I will get away with this for the rest of the week.

I hate my wig.  Its too blonde and too the one colour so it shines a bit.  They had promised me it would be darker at the roots like my own hair but I was so flustered I didnt say anything.  I am going to have to phone them tomorrow and say I can't wear it.

Elaine thanks for the comments on the Look GFB session.  I am now going to book into one - I'm told the free make-up is great!

I don't know if any of you are fond of a wee drink!  My mother gave me whiskey last night - she takes that if she is car sick!  I had a glass neat and it certainly settled my stomach a good bit.

So EMEND has helped me this cycle.  I also got Metoclopramide to take when I need to - nausea control - and it does seem to work well too.  I took Cyclizine the last time - turned me into a zombie for days - too severe.

I am going for lots of short walks even when i have nausea and the fresh air really does ease it when you are outside.

My next session is on Halloween.  Last year my local hospital put up a cardboard Halloween skeleton in the front window for all the passing traffic to see - it was so funny!

Keep on keepin on ladies!

Hi Elaine,

You seem to be at a very similar stage to me and I'm going to Look Good Feel Better on 24th.

Where in the country are you? I'm in the North West.

Cathy x

Hi Ladies,

I am now day 6 of 2nd cycle of FEC. Have cold capped x2 but hair now thinning a lot. I had lots of thick dark hair before and I miss it! My veins are a bit sore today and I keep knocking my hand ( had FEC via cannula). Oooch! However, today I went to a pampering session at my hospital called "Look Good Feel Better". It was really good. I think there are quite a few hospitals nationwide who offer this, so check it out. I met some other lovely women all at different stages of their "journey" and the lady next to me has invited me for a coffee! I was given a lovely Goodie bag to take away with skin products etc. Not really into make up etc but came away feeling better and less alone. Wig fitting tomorrow...... , may just try to master the scarf thing. All the best to everyone.

Elaine

Apologies for the radio silence these past few weeks.

The first couple of days after my 1st FECT (Docetaxcel) session on Monday 19th were great, I even managed to work. My experience since then hasn’t been so great.

I had awful stomach cramps and joint pains from Day 3 onwards, constipation followed by diarreah for a week, followed by a high temperature and low white cell count (I had the Neulasta injection). I was admitted on Day 6, spent 3 days on IV antibiotics and finally released late on Day 9 with more antibiotics to last me the week.

The stomach cramps gradually improved, however I felt tired and unable to do much until Day 14. The start of the 3rd week for me was a revelation, I had had more than 2 hours sleep and felt so much better, I met with the Oncologist and he reduced my Cycle 2 dosage by 20% which I had on Monday. The side effects are starting again this afternoon, just hoping they won’t be as bad as last time.

I am really grateful for all the comments and suggestions re: hair. I did the cold cap which was fine on the 1st cycle but much more hard going on the 2nd cycle this week, maybe due to having thinner hair on top. My hair is shedding at the moment, rather than clumps and is so thin on top, so I could well be making that call to the hairdresser in the next few days and my wig and headwear will make an appearance very soon. Thank You Steph for your last note, I think I may feel the same way.

I hope anyone experiencing SE’s starts to feel better very soon.

Big Hugs to all.

Hx

It's good people are getting some assistance with their side effects. I've spent the best part of 2 days in bed but feeling brighter and had a shower again today. The third week was just awful fatigue last time. Here's hoping it won't be this time as we have a short trip planned for our wedding anniversary. I had hoped it would raise my spirits. 

Good luck to all those having treatment in the next few days xx

Hi Flopsy,

Sorry to hear you had so many infections but it's really good to know that 4 week intervals worked well if the team decide to change my schedule.

Luckily my chemo is post surgery so at least I don't have the worry of that delay. It is now 9 weeks since my mastectomy and node clearance and the wound has healed well. One thing to be grateful for!

Good luck for your surgery if you haven't had it yet. 🍀

Hi Truey,

I had infections on every FEC cycle which was one of the reasons I changed from 3 weekly to 4 weekly. Simply wasn't recovering at all on the third week.

For the first infection I was admitted to hospital and got IV antibiotics. For the other two my GP treated me at home. It took so much out of me and was on top of the other serious side effects I had.

FEC worked really well for me at 4 weekly intervals. My lump shunk from over 3cm to barely there.

I know how you feel in a way. I was told about week 3 being recovery and I didn't have one of them!

Community Champion

Hi Rosie, with the PICC you can get a Limbo cover (waterproof for showers/baths) on prescription, so free.

The other covers cost about £18 and you get them from Live better with cancer. After a day or two you will not know it is there and it will not stop you turning over in bed. Exercise is just the same if and when you can manage it - keep it covered and honestly in a day or so you will be used it it and it will not interferre with whatever you want to do.

I hope you don't want to go swimming - I don't think you can do that. Or sit in a sauna.

Well, I'm at D 17 in my first FEC cycle and was looking forward to a week of near normality and little treats..How wrong was I. As soon as my neutropenia time was over, some old dental problems started to flare up and now I have an infection. My dentist, endo dental surgeon and onc team now have to figure out what to do to ensure I can have chemo 2 next Tuesday.  My face is swollen and my head is aching due to losing my hair (remainder is going today). It's crazy but this set back has upset me more than it should. I guess I feel my week of feeling normal has been stolen!

Has anyone else started getting issues only in the final week? I had very few problems with the chemo itself, only really nausea and indigestion plus a little tiredness...

Well end of rant and back to the round of appointments.

I was booked into the hairdressers this morning, but my partner wants to cut off what is left of my hair himself as wanted to make it personal - he is really struggling with this.Woman Sad

I think it will be Ok,I still have quite a lot of long strands left - so he will just cut it very short - hope this is a good ideaWoman Surprised

Some good tips here for scraves, never thought of padding out the hat to add volume - great tip!

https://youtu.be/ca-9fzyHMAk?t=5

xx 

Thanks Sarah - very helpful x

Hi ladies
Hope everyone well.
Lisa, I'm pleased you are seeing your Oncologist and fingers crossed they can help more with the side effects. Keep us posted.
Rosie, for me the Picc has been great. I cover it with a limbo which I got on Amazon, you can get them free with prescription but I'd already bought mine. Exercise wise the things they tell you not to do are swim, golf and tennis whilst it's in. Sleep wise no problems. I sleep on the side that it's in and absolutely fine. To be honest I forget it's there most of the time.
Sarah xx

Well after cold capping for cycle 1 on 22 Sept, I can confirm it's failed Smiley Sad

On day 14-16, I felt like I had tiny little pins and needles in my head. On day 18, it was like combing out clumps of hair, and today on day 19, I literally combed it all out.

Thankfully though, I received the call yesterday to say that my wig had arrived so I picked it up today. The salon was wonderful and it was time to bite the bullet and shave off what little was left. As my own hair is actually short, I was already properly fitted for my wig. It felt odd putting it on for the first time though knowing that I was now bald, but I must say I feel a sense of relief. Relief that I look ok, relief that I can now shower properly and not have another 'oh christ' moment as I see hair swirling about the bath, and relief that I don't need to feel that awful cold cap again.

I thought this moment would be the hardest but it turns out it's not so bad. I know it'll grow back, and with a good wig I now actually feel more confident than I have been in the previous week Smiley Happy

Dawn I'm glad you were able to have your final treatment. Do you feel as if you're on the home straight now?

My "official" wig (i.e supplied by the NHS for when I i need to look like a respectable adult) is ready but I won't be collecting it until next week because of other commitments. I had ordered a couple of fun wigs because why the heck not? They arrived last week and I took them to the hairdresser to be trimmed to suit me. One is a curly auburn bob, very Downton Abbey and the other is long rainbow curls. I wore the rainbow one to uni today and yesterday and got a lot of positive comments- even from perfect strangers! I'd ordered some cotton wig liners from Bohemian Headwear and they made wearing it very comfortable indeed.

I was going to add more but I've forgotten what I was going to day!

Good luck everybody with getting through the next few days, wherever you are in your treatment. Fingers crossed you all feel fit and well xxx

Hi See See,

I had to move to a 4 weekly cycle whilst on FEC as the side effects were so bad. Had 4 weeks after the last FEC infusion and then on to Docataxel (T).

Because I had so many side effects from FEC I asked for the dose of Docataxel to be reduced. Glad I did this as I didn't make it through the first infusion without throwing up. 

The side effects weren't as deeply severe for me as FEC just different. Once on Docataxel I was able to go back to 3 weekly cycles and after making a formal complaint to the hospital we even found a combo of drugs that helped control the sickness.

It is really tough.

Oh no! Can you go somewhere where you can try on and have proper fittin?. Mine makes me feel good when I look in the mirror so I'm hoping it doesn't make me itch after two hours! It's a short blond bob with longish side fringe and about the same colour as my original hair. The sort of style I will try when my hair grows back. Hope you find something lovely that makes you feel good too. Hugs xx

I bought a wig and wore it last Friday on my Birthday and it really felt like I had a dead cat on my head! Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

Going to have a look at getting another - just felt so frumpy in it!Woman Sad

Thanks Lisa. I think I'll need to bite the bullet now as I've been delaying getting any head wear in the hope of keeping some wearable hair! Looks like I will need sleep caps at least and maybe one turban. I have a nice wig curtesy of the NHS that will get first airing tomorrow and I'll use scarves in between. Xx

Hi Rosie

Cannot comment on the PICC line as I have had a port cath inserted instead, but I am sure the other ladies will come along to offer advice.

Love this expression:- "I gently combed out several small kittens worth of hair"  Woman Very Happy having what left of my hair off tomorrow - not sure how I am going to react at seeing myself with no hair!Woman Sad

I have spent quite a lot on scraves and hats (probably too much!) but I try and colour co-ordinate colours with what I am wearing - I know it does not hide the fact of what is happening to us but I have had a few compliments of how beautiful and sassy I look. Wishing you all well xxx

Dear all,
So sorry to hear so many people are having a tough time - it's stressful enough having to cope with what life throws at us let alone the SE to this horrible but necessary treatment regimen.
Dawn - your posts are always interesting and helpful - keep them coming please. I'm with you on the extended routines!

After suffering horrid sickness and vomiting (not able to move my eyeballs was a first for me!) on days 6 and 7 after my first chemo my anti sickness medication (Ondansetron) has been increased to cover me to day 8 and I'll keep taking the Domperidone up to that day too in the hope that I won't have the same experience. Second chemo yesterday and I cold-capped again just in case I manage to preserve the 1/5th of hair I had left. I say had, as this morning I gently combed out several small kittens worth of hair (I loved that expression - sorry I can't remember who said it) and am now left with an overall ancient old lady look of a thin covering plus a couple of bald patches. If it doesn't drop out I'll consider the cap again but it doesn't look hopeful! A friend gave me a lovely scarf that I managed to swirl up into a nice secure shape after finding helpful technique on line. However my vein really protested yesterday and treatment had to be slowed and one time stopped as it was too uncomfortable. So enough - I'm having a PICC line for the next chemo. Anyone any advice about best management for having showers, sleeping comfortably, and doing exercise please??
Best wishes to all, Rosie

You put a smile on my face Dawn with regards to all the lotions and potions. Woman Very Happy I must admit I keep forgetting to put stuff on my toes nails.

Sarah- just to let you know I contacted my Oncologist regarding treatment as per your message and have an apt next week - will be interesting to see what she says, thank you for the advice. xx

Lisa - sorry to hear you are having a rough time too. I can totally identify with the struggle to get up in the morning because the last couple of days the fatigue has started to catch up with me and I've got up later than usual. It takes ages and is such a fandango to get ready in the morning and at night, with all the various creams and other stuff I am putting on my face, body, feet, hands and nails to get them or keep them in good condition, including the anti fungal stuff on my big toenails, the Hydrocortisone for the eczema and the Zovirax for the cold sore! The late breakfasts the last couple of mornings have also affected when I can take the next antibiotic, meaning later lunches and teas, much to my husband's dismay! But it must be even more difficult having to drag yourself out of bed to work during the treatment. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty about not having to work, when others have no choice. If notthings continue to go reasonably well during this cycle and I feel up to it, I will ask about doing some work at home. There's no excuse for not doing some work if I am capable, and it will also be something to do to take my mind off the treatment. All the best and hope things will get easier as you recover.

Hi Anna and other September starters, and thanks for your good wishes. My blood test results were fine, and infection under control, so today I had my 3rd and final treatment of FEC - 2 days early! This is so that my treatment days can be changed from Thursdays to Tuesdays, the same day as the consultation with the oncologist, meaning that unless there are complications, I will only have to go to the hospital 2 days instead of 3 days from now on. It's too early to tell how I will react this time round, as it's all a bit unpredictable. We'll have to see... good luck and hugs to everyone else wherever you are in your regime. XXX

Hi See-See

Hope you are feeling better todayHeart

I am better than I was on Sunday & yestersay but now have a nagging back ache!

I cannot believe how this treatment is changing me and I don't like it one bitWoman Mad

As I am employed by our own company and can work from home although we do have a small office I cannot believe that it takes me until mid- morning or beyond to get out of my dressing gown - WTF is that about!

I used  get up chose something to wear for the day and put my my face on and presented myself as everyone knows me as, now I look horrible, last bit of hair shaved off tomorrow - just another thing to cope withWoman Sad  

After FEC 2 I spent days 6 & 7 in bed - sleeping, sore throat, aching and feeling generally awful. It seems it's the same again with FEC 3. They've told me I may need an extra week to get over this cycle before I start the docataxel. Is anyone else feeling this rough? My arm is still really painful and swollen from the injection of FEC 2 and looks a mess (like me). Tough stuff this going through chemo isnt it? 😳

Re: September 2016 starters - Anyone else feeling like this??

It's just shorthand for Side Effects.

Thanks Ladies, am I being really thick Woman LOL what is S  E that is mentioned?

Crossing my fingers for you, Dawn.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time, Lisa. Hopefully next time you can get the right meds to make sure the SEs are at a minimum.

I'm hoping my second, third, fourth, five and sixth cycles aren't as bad as my first!

Lisa - sorry to hear you are having worse SEs on your second cycle than on your first - in my case it was the other way round. I am now approaching the 3rd and last cycle of FEC, assuming the oncologist is willing to go ahead with it this week following the re-appearance of the infection, which has now thankfully cleared up again in response to the antibiotics. We are due to see him tomorrow morning so we'll see what he says. Fingers crossed...

Thank you so much Sarah really did not know that was an option? Not sure how to approach it because I really don,t want them to come back and say this the course ie 6 sessions etc and that I will have to have it Take care x

Hi Lisa

So sorry you feel like this. It sounds like my second session. First one wasn't great but second was so much worse. Very similar symptoms to you. I felt better by day 8 but you get to the point where you think you can't do it anymore. Speak to the Oncology nurses and see if there is anything they can do to help.
They are reducing my remaining sessions to a 90% dose and have also reduced the total number to 4 not 6. I know this isn't an option for everybody but you may find they can do somehing?
Sending lots of love and hoping the S.E reduce soon
Sarah x

My first chemo session went like a dream, no sickness, not too tired and all Ok.

Had 2nd chemo last Wed and last night I felt so awful. All my muscles hurt in my head and neck.

My breast implant is bulky and uncomfortable to lie on my side, the other side in uncomfortable due to the implanted port cath, so can only lie on my back.

I feel uncomfortable due to bloating. Even my face muscles hurt yesterday whilst cleaning my face.

Hating all of this Woman Sad

I forgot to say, I had Ondansatron for five days, which worked well. I also had steriods for three days and a back up anti sickness to take as and when I need them. I didn't finish those but I've kept them in case I need them for the future. Ondansatron work on the vomit centre of the mind and my back up ones work on the stomach, if the nausea becomes too much for me. My nurse rang me on Friday to find out how I had got on and she said she was keeping my drugs as they are for the next cycle; I shall see how I get on with my own coping strategies this cycle and if things aren't improved I shall ask for stronger drugs.

No worries Aine. Even after one cycle of chemo my brain cells are dying fast!! I dread to think what I'll be like by cycle 6!!

My appointment is at 8am but last time I had a good breakfast (I'm a student nurse so I'm used to eating at unsociable hours!), a mid morning snack and a light lunch and I shall do the same each cycle because there's nothing worse than being sick on an empty stomach. I was also recommended Sea Bands a couple of days after chemo and they really helped with the nausea so this time I shall take them to hospital and put them on straight after my chemo has finished.

I'm thinking of it as 2 down 4 to go. That sounds better than finishing in January!

oh just realised this is NOT your first chemo - sorry - omg my concentration is zero at the minute!

Aunienanna - good luck on Wed - it isn't really an unpleasant an experience - it is painless and the nurses have a good chat with you while it's being done.

The main thing is to try to fend off the nausea from the start.

Most of us have been having nausea problems and I had really bad nausea for 14 days - I'm back tomorrow for cycle 2 so have been thinking a lot about this.

Plenty of recommendations about anti-nausea med from our September buddies and I was stupid enough last time to give up on medication and suffered in silence - don't do that!

I am going to ask for Emend and Akynzeo and Ondansatron (my nurse says I should have stayed on that for more than 3 days as it is good).  I had dinner at 1pm and a snack at 6pm and will only have a banana for breakfast.  I will try to fast all day and drink water.  I hope I will be ok cos I could not go through that nausea again. 

x

I shall definitely enquire into this when I'm at the docs for my pre-chemo bloods on Tuesday.

I had my hair cut off on Friday; my Hairdresser refused to shave it but did her best with a pixie cut to hide my bald patches. I really dislike very short hair on myself so yesterday I wore my fun rainbow wig and today I wore my fringe, sleep cap and hat. My sensible adult wig has arrived at the wig suppliers but I won't be able to pick it up until a week on Wednesday due to prior commitments and my only free day being my chemo day.

I feel much more comfortable now I'm not brushing the equivalent of a kitten off my head twice a day. I just brush my pillow with my lint remover instead!

I'm rather dreading Wednesday, not because receiving chemo is particularly nasty but I know I'm going to spend the rest of the day feeling very unwell and being sick, and then feeling sick for days afterwards. Still if it means that any cells thinking of mutating are zapped it will be worth it in the end.

Dawn - I ordered 2 sleeping caps but now i better order a few more.

Lisa - book early for your cruise.  I have not been on one yet either.  I hear great reports about Alaska and the Scandinavian ones if you don't want to do a hot one.

I got the flu jab and the pneumococcal one (dunno how to spell that!) two days ago.  Flu no reaction but have a big sore swelling with the other one.  Just took paracetemol.

My hubby is reluctant to get the flu jab cos he's a complete coward.  Anyone else get their family members to get it?

A

Aine - I love this :- 'Don't tell me you are going to be with me on my journey unless you are taking me on a cruise!'

That's my plan next year - never been on one - what will start looking at booking on one next year!

Aine - glad to be of help. I forgot to mention, make sure you order in plenty of sleeping caps as soon as possible if you haven't already. These will not only help to contain the hair while it is falling out and reduce the mess, but will also keep your head warm at night and during the day around the house if you wear them under scarves, turbans and hats etc. Bohemia Headware and Annabandana have been very efficient at delivering orders to me, and if you just order sleeping caps only, they will deliver them by post in packages that fit through the letterbox, so no waiting around for packages you have to sign for.

Thanks for all your comments - this thread is such a great idea!

Blueash - no I'm not getting GCSF but will ask about it if there is a problem tomorrow

Lisad - congratulations on your birthday - I hope you were able to have a wee celebration!

Yes that sounds like what I got LIPOCILS.  It is definitely for eyelashes and eyebrows too.

You are a week ahead of me on this journey.

I got a funny card from a friend saying 'Don't tell me you are going to be with me on my journey unless you are taking me on a cruise!'

Old Dawn (you are not that old!) I will ask for Akynzeo too and thanks for all the supportive advice - you are right I won't suffer in silence again.  And maybe I will keep some of my hair - fingers crossed.  It is falling out a lot today.  I used dry shampoo on it today.  I'm afraid to wash it in case it all falls out.  It looks awful but I just want to go to hospital with hair tomorrow.  I will get the wig then.

However I noticed something yesterday which some others might have noticed.

I went out to walk the dog at 8pm in the cold air and I noticed that it almost stopped my hair loss for the rest of the evening.  I think it was the effect of the cold on my scalp.  Perhaps its the same principle as the scalp cooling cap? 

Anyone else notice that?

Sarah04 that is very interesting that they changed you to 4 cycles.

I am doing chemo as a precaution in case there are any stray cells anywhere else.  I was given the all clear after a mastectomy and implant reconstruction but they recommended chemo as the tumour was grade 3.

Heather's Hair was a great website and I have sent away for their hairband with hair at the back.

Also my daughter uses hair extensions sometimes so I sent away for some.  Only £9 and you can clip them yourself quite easily onto a hairband.  I tried them out and they look fine.  There are 8 pieces so you can have a thick or fine look under a hat.  You have to trim them to size which I haven't done yet.

Florata Fashion Hair clip-in hair extensions. jakeoffer.com

I got them from Ebay.

Keep your spirits up and CARPE DIEM everyone.  

I didn't get my bulbs planted as it started to rain but that's my task for today!

Hi AuntieAnna,

yes you can get. Refund. I had a pre-payment card and you can get a refund from when your 'medical exemption' one starts. My pharmacy reminded me.

Cathy

I have a prescription pre payment card; I wonder if I could get a refund on it? It would save me £104 per year so definitely worth asking when I'm in the surgery for bloods on Tuesday.

I second that - it has saved me a fortune too. I can get free prescriptions for all the medication I need, for anything, not just for the BC. For example, I've had several courses of antibiotics and dressings for my infection as well as Hydrocortisone cream for my eczema. Anyone who hasn't yet applied for a free prescriptions card should do it now. You fill in the form at your GP surgery, a doctor will then sign it and send it off for you and you should get the card in the post about a week later. You can also claim the money back for any prescriptions you have to pay for in the meantime, if you ask for a claim form from the pharmacy that dispenses your medication, provided that the date of the prescription post-dates the date on your card once it arrives. As long as this is the case, you can present your card with the completed claim form at any pharmacy and get a refund. 

Thank you for that - was not aware that I could get some non presciptive items things free, even though I get free drugs as over 60!

I just wanted to remind you all that because of your diagnosis you are entitled to free prescriptions for at least 5 years - you get the form from your gp.
I'm from the Sept 2013 group & its saved me a fortune 😃

Hi Aine

Sorry to hear you have felt so rubbish. I totally agree with OldDawn though and persist until you get the correct meds.
My team have been good and after Nausea on round one they switched me to Emend. I've just had my second round and they've switched the Metoclopromide this time too. I have had pretty bad side effects up to day 8, and my ONC has decided to drop 2 chemo sessions so I'm now having 4 instead of 6 and the next 2 will be at 90% dose too. They are quite happy that dropping 2 won't affect anything as that was the first thing I asked.
In regards to eyelashes. I have been using Revitalash which another lady recommended and so far so good. Whether they last through to the final round remains to be seen!
Sarah x

Aine - glad your sickness is over now, and hope your second cycle is better. Sorry to hear your hair is falling out as well, if it's any consolation most of mine had too by the end of Cycle 1, but what's left (admittedly not much!) seems to have survived Cycle 2 without any further significant loss (it is now Day 16), as have my eyebrows and eyelashes, without any special treatment, although they have thinned a bit. I hope I can hang onto them through Cycle 3! If you want to get a full wig it is best to do it through a hairdresser trained to fit and trim them to suit you. Athough I've got a cheap and cheerful fringe from Bohemia Headware that looks OK, I did have to customise it a bit by removing the metal clips and sewing it onto the headband. The Headcovers under hat 'halo' wigs look good (as does Vintage's Gisela Meyer headband hairpiece), and I am tempted by both! Let us know what you think of your under hat wig when you get it. Regarding the nausea, if they give you Emend next cycle and it still doesn't help (as it didn't for me on my first cycle of FEC), insist on something better - and yes there is something even more effective at stopping nausea and vomiting than Emend, called Akynzeo. You may have to badger them for it if all else fails because it is not widely available for BC patients at the moment. They gave me Akynzeo on my second cycle of FEC and I had no nausea at all. Not even a hint. They still stuck me on 3 Dexamethasone a day for the 3 days following chemo though, which I was a bit annoyed about because it makes me hyperactive, ravenously hungry and affects my sleep - as a result I  had to do withput back on all the weight I lost while in hospital by the end of Cycle 1! Anyway, whatever you do, don't suffer in silence next cycle, always ask for help if the anti sickness medication isn't working, or if you have any other SEs that make life difficult. That's what your oncology team are there for - you shouldn't have to cry to get what you need, but you must be firm. You could also consider taking a friend or relative along to the next treatment for moral support, preferably someone assertive who can tell them just how badly the first cycle affected you. Hope you get the support you need next time. XX