Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Chaffinch17

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

You’ve had to wait a long time for those results! Great boost x
CK

Colposcopy result came rhrough the post today and thank goodness its good news😘
No evidence of high grade CIN, CGIN, or invasive neoplasia but will have a smear in one year!

Theres not been a day go by without me thinking of this! I dreaded having the smear, then the colposcopy and then the results! Now, I can fully concentrate on treatment. Phew!!!

Have alarm guys in atm to sort flood lights and update alarm and a lot of drilling going on but glad its being done for peace of mind.

Although theres still a long journey, I have a smile on my face. Its funny how certain things can make you smile goung through treatment. I hope we all get more smiles ladies. Lots of love.xxx

CK

Fairydust
So glad to hear how well today went! Now rest up andenjoy more TV.
Talking about men, I forgot to mention my two hunky bodyguards at the hospital last week! Its always good to see a bit of eye candy!!!

You so need a cat😾😾😾

Been to work tonight and had a load of regulars in and my friend who lost her husband last week came in. It was very emotional but she did very well. She asked me to go to the get together after the funeral but I dont think I will as it will be too sad for me with this treatment.

Anyway, tired now so see you ladies tomorrow.xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

well done fairydust last tizer pee evening for you💕💕💕shi xx
Meesh73

Well done Fairydust. Good omen seeing the girl with sparkly unicorn tiara and then the pussycats! I saw a beautiful rainbow on the way to my chemo on Tuesday and everything seemed to go smoothly for me too usuable cannula in first time which was a first! Rest up and drink plenty, hope yo don't suffer with too many SEs.

sending you 🦄🌟🦄🌟🌟🌈🌈💫💫🌈💫🌈❤️🤗

Fairydust 14

Hi all you sparkly ladies..glad you're ok and eating something naughty but nice!

I went to chemo today, and on the way I saw a little girl with her mummy. The girl was wearing a unicorn tiara on her head with a horn and sparkly sequins on the veil. So cute...So I had to tell her she looked lovely with it on..she just looked at me blankly, but her mummy smiled at me...

..and then during chemo, on the TV in the unit, they were showing a repeat run of Jo Brands cat show, which had me wanting a cat even more...So adorable. There was a 3 legged cat named Hoppy..Lol!

Chemo went well. They told me my neutrophils were 1.7 which was great for me and so my last FEC the horrible red stuff went in. My chemo nurse was lovely and chose a vein that hadn't been used before and cannula went in first time really easily..nurses today we're all amazing, so cheerful, talkative, nothing too much trouble and the professionalism was spot on..amazed by them. One of the oncologist doctors walked through to talk to a nurse or patient, and he had the hairest arms I've ever seen...still strangely sexy though..maybe I'm just missing my date!

Back home now in my pjs and in my slanket watching QVC which is hilarious this afternoon as Andi Peters is on it and he's always funny doing food. I'm eating Pizza Express pizza and strawberry milkshake. 

Expecting to be on the loo later, tizer wee and everything else... 😞

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

CK homemade spaghetti and haddock how gorgeous - have just made Cullen skink! Day 10 must be fish day! X
MrsMeow

Yes lots of big tubs of aqueous cream always coming in to this house for a many years - it must look like we all swim the channel!! The advantage of the bath oil is no rubbing in and instant all over so better for the sore wounds in these particular circs - I have always felt guilty taking the oil to hotel rooms with me as leaves a lovely covering but now I really need it haha
There are some great recommendations on these threads for mindfulness and breathing exercises - always a good idea - sadly my tachycardia of 147 is a bit beyond them but every little helps!! And stroking beautiful cats too! X
Am up and back to cooking today - always a good sign have a great day all x
CK

Fairydust
Hope all goes well today! Keep us posted!

Day 10 of Hercetptin and Docetaxol!
Ive just had home made spaghetti and smoked haddock! Yummy! Temp still fine after 37.9 last night but kept it under control with Ibroprofen but Ihave Aunt Sally red rosy cheeks again. Its funny where there are red, right on the cheekbones!
Throat seems to be better and ulcers under control.

Yesterday I had as a one off a burger with bacon and poached egg, sweet potato fries, salad and relish! It was delish! Its amazing how are taste buds are so unpredictable. Everything I wanted last cycle I dont want this time.

Hope to catch up with you later.xx
CK

Mrs Meow
Aqueous wasnt moisturizing enpugh for me so my GP prescribed be large tubs of Diprobase ointment emoilient which is also good for scars, wounds and very dry skin.
As for the fast heartbeat I end to do deep breathing exercises 8n and out slowly and it always helps.
Enjoy TV today.xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mrs meow, Superdrug acqueous cream has been very good for dry skin, my cousin who is a bc survivor recommended it to me before I started treatment. I’ve used it on my scar too since the op and has worked lovely on that kept everything nice and subtle skin wise. ❤️❤️Love shi xx
MrsMeow

Good luck Fairydust for today - you sound well prepared. Treehouse what a fright you must have had - hope you feel calmer and better now - am much better today though after watching my lovely companions with their upset tummies in hospital now have a bit the same - there is a surprise. I was heartened by your message of listen to our own bodies - my OH and I still feel we are not really being listened to re wounds and heart rate - just had a call to say the hospital doing nothing to follow up my high heart beat as is prob just steroids I hope they are right but is not fun sometimes sitting with a rate of 130 for hours - no wonder i cant sleep! Am losing a bit of confidence in my care team which is a shame and makes me not want to ring if I need anything. Good advice re walking too - on one of my social media work accounts i was highlighting that I walk a mile a day and have done since diagnosis even on surgery days - is just my thing - but it has led to contact with all sorts of people sending me messages re the chemo mile - including the team GB world record holder for walking a mile - people are so lovely about these things and it brings me a huge smile xx Ali am still grumpy re the ten injections but will do it and be a good girl - man they hurt! Not sure who said their skin was dry - I have very dry skin and cannot tolerate the epsom as it leaves me like a raisin - however since the actual act of bathing is probably what brings the benefit I am happier to use E45 Emollient Bath Oil - this is and always has been a life-saver for me and my hips and lower back skin would be in trouble with all this time in bed sheets without it - just a tip for dry skinned folk like me xx
Fairydust 14

Good morning All!

I am sorry you're in pain.please relax as much as possible today, hope you enjoy being home MrsMeow with TV, and hops you get home soon BlueLizard.

Chemo for me in less than an hour, best get moving! Kindle charged, pear drops in handbag, water on the go.

Be back soon!

Fairydust x

CK

Mrs Meow
I think this is turning us into daft bats:D I wouldnt worry about putting on weight, that can come off later. We just need to eat and drink whatever and whenever we feel like it! Its good to do a smsll walk when you feel like it though. Hope yoi manage to rest up today after hubby got your brekkie.x

Ali
We must deffo meet up when we are feeling better as we are not that far. Its on 45 minutes from where I live. Sorry to hear about the pain again. It does seem to be the same each time. Did you have soak in bath every night too? I went for a little walk around the block after everytime I did mine. It seemed to ease the pain and take my mine off it.x

Michelle just needs a Tom now! Tom and Jerry.xx

Treehouse
Glad you feel better now! We all react differently to treatments and nothing is guaranteed. I have many friends who sailed through treatment and yet, reading on here some ladies are having a tough time. We just hope for the best and do what our body tells us!x
treehouse

Hi mrs meow we have been admiring your gorgeous cats on the May thread and I saw you have been in hospital. Thought I would share my last week experience with you. I finished 6 rounds of docetaxel, carboplatin, herceptin and perjeta in September then had bilateral mastectomy Oct 12. Thought everything was going well the a couple of weeks ago got i stinking head cold. Just as that started to clear I had a racing heartbeat and got out of breath climbing the stairs. Mum thought I might be anemic ( I did have a transfusion round 3 for low RBC) and sent me to gp. I burst into tears on my dr. She checked me over and sent me straight to hospital. Temp 38.9 heart rate 126. After chest X-ray. Boob ultrasound and a million blood test I was admitted. Infection marker in blood was 105 ( normal is less than 10) my RBC and neutrophils were normal also had heart eco and several ecg. I spent 5 days on iv antibiotics and came out on Wednesday. Marker down to 13. My heart rate only came back under control last night . I have a follow up appointment at hospital Monday.
It scared the hell out of me especially as I am 9 weeks post Chemo and 4 weeks post surgery.
Listen to your body and phone if you are worried. Keep fighting brave ladies x x x
Today I feel better.
Ali49

Mrs meow i asked ifvi could not have 7 as my pain always comes after the 7th. For the 2nd time they said it is to do with the dosage of the treatment. Really i think it just depends where you are being treated.

I hesitated yesterday and conside4ed not doing the 7th one but i fid it and here i am sitting here with a hot water bottle on my lower back, staggering co codamol and ibuprofen!

Hope your pain eases soon xx
MrsMeow

Michelle627 - Jerry is just the best name for a cat! X
MrsMeow

Ali I love bats and thought for a moment we were adding them to our appreciation list of cats and lizards!
So pleased to have had a chunk of sleep and woken by sore hips and not high temp- tho still sore throat so don't think day ten for me is going to achieve much - I so wish I didn't have 3 more days of injections - forgot to ask the team yesterday why some people have 5, 7 or 10
Am craving cornflakes now too thank goodness just an hour before OH wakes for his early shift as way too brrrr for me to go down and get myself
Even after feeling so yuk I have still gained a stone during chemo - luckily they don't seem concerned and it will come off it just seems to paint a different picture from how life actually is on this Rollercoaster - mind you I did eat a chunk of stuffing I had made for the freezer for Christmas last night a it smelled so delish so I think I see where the problem is coming from haha
Good morning to you all - stay Cosy - not too hot - and have a lovely day xx
Ali49

Bars not bats! X
Ali49

4.15 esting cornflakes and taking cocodamol. The pain has arrived. Been awake wuite a bit but managing it better this time and feeling less panicked by it!

Its amazing how a clock, that you never notice during the day, ticks so loudly during the night!

Allerton is a good place to visit CK. Lots of little shops, bats and restaurants with lovely parks nearby. I am a 10 minute drive from Allerton.

Hope your temp has gone down and you are sleeping soundly xx
CK

Hi Ali
I know how you feel. Clothes shopping seems a waste of time for me at the moment although I did buy a loose jumper last week to wear with leggings which I seem to wearing a lot lately.
My belly has become bigger with all this eating whatever I fancy and the skin on my face seems thinner and I seem to scratch more easier. I think treatment has made my skin overall more dry, sensitive and thin:) A big blow to the system most certainly. I make myself feel better by thinking its mopling everything up and clearing it out.xx
I used to go to stsy with cousons in Allerton a lot when I was younger.
This week my washing is so minimal as spent 6 out of 9 days just in my jim jams so been changing bedcovers more than usual to fill the wash.

My temp went up to 37.9 b4 so opened the windows and took 2 Ibroprofen. Now down to 37.3. Has helped the aches and pains too.

Ali49

Didnt buy myself a thing Ck hut bought my daughter lots of nice things. She is almost 13 but thinks she's 20!!

I love Liverpool one but just dont see myself in the mirror at the mo. Everything looks different. Even my eyes seem a diferent colour!!

I have taken pain meds instead of wsiting til or if pains start. I am becoming sensible!

Glad you are ok and have Merlot for company xx
CK

Mrs Meow
How adorable are they!!! Hope you are enjoying TV again. Im watching The Apprentice whilst hoping my temp will go down. Apparently Merlot likes bread and butter, licking his lips now and getting ready to lie down besides me. He quite enjoys his little 'wash' now and then. I have cat shampoo and massage him all over with a cloth. He hated it at first but tolerates it now. X

Ali, maybe your body used to them now so may get easier. Why not tske paracetomol anyway?
Did you buy anything nice? Liverpool 1 is great for shopping now.x

BlueLizard
How strsnge. I went for lunch today with my friend and she has been looking after a Dragon for her friend. It has fleas so she has taken it to the pet shop and she showed me a pic of it with black fleas stuck on it. Ive not stopped scratching yet:
Aw, your children bless them. How old are they?
I hope you have a restful sleep.xx

Fairydust
Merlot makes me feel special! He strokes my face gently with his paw when I make any sign of waking in the morning. If I dont move he leaves me alone. He lies right by me b4 I sleep and then goes to his towel at the end of my bed for the rest of the night. I love it when he makes noises in his sleep dreaming about his girlfriends. You need one even if its one from nearer you. The kittens are 10 weeks old.Hope you had a good night. He did get jealous when my ex stayed over and gave him the glaresxx

Cathyshd, Meesh, Michelle and all, hope you have a good sleep.xx
Ali49

Cathysid thats disappointing! I thought her would grow back once on T!

Had a good day todsy. Managed to shop in town for 4 hours with my daughter. Came back and did last injection for this cycle. Praying the pains dont come but prepared if they do.

Hope everyone who had chemo today is ok.

Xxx
Cathysid

Ps glad you got home Mrs.M, hope you are released soon too blue lizard x
Cathysid

Hi blue lizard,
Love the thought of you trekking through the jungle trying to find the mysterious blue 🦎 lizard!

I tried to do the fasting 1 day before, chemo day and one day after chemo. It all went wrong though. My bilirubin shot up sky high. I was then not allowed to have my chemo. They spent he next week doing loads of tests and it turns out I have Gilbert’s Syndrome(basically if I fast my liver gets unhappy). I have been told not to fast again!
I liked the theory behind it though.

Goodnight all, bedtime for me!
Cx
BlueLizard

Omg the cats!!!! How adorable!!! Can imagine they’re really lovely to have around. Hope you’re doing ok at home MrsMeow

FairyDust - please don’t worry about my episode! I normally get terrible constipation after chemo but this time it went the other way no doubt due to norovirus. I managed to hold on for 4 hours in A&E though - absolutely not using a commode in a cubicle!

The blue Lizard name relates to some adventures I had a few years ago when I headed off into the jungle in search of an animal by that very name and nearly ended up in hot water. I’ve since used the name for my business and various other things.

Tonight has seen a bit of an improvement in my health. The kids came in to visit (they’re very young so it’s been really hard looking after them during chemo) and I was well enough to walk with them through the hospital. I also had a bit of a nosy at the ward I’m on - hadn’t realised it was so big!

By the way, has anyone on here tried fasting through chemo? I’ve done it since cycle 2 and think it’s made a big difference although hard to know for sure. There’s a lot of trials taking place and it’ll be very interesting to see how they progress.
Fairydust 14

Oh I didn't know what you meant by ragdolls MrsMeow!! They are adorably wonderful. Cuddling the other one..So loving..who knew cats were so caring!
MrsMeow

can you all see this? Alfie was cuddling his youngest brother as he had been to the vet with a sore eye - adorable

Fairydust ragdolls are housecats that are very affectionate and two are twice the cuddles. These are my ED's and no longer living here instead I have a cat very like Merlot the ginger star of this thread - there are many ways to be a cat person!

BlueLizard I hope you get home but more importantly that you start to feel better there are a few of us at the same stage of T on here and it has been really helpful to hear of others experiences.

Hope we all think cool thoughts to keep the temps down xx

boys.jpg

Fairydust 14

Hello Bluelizard, unusual name, what's the story? Glad to have you join us! Explosive bowel is scaring me..I am glad my first T will hopefully happen post Christmas!

MrsMeow!! So pleased they let you out..but not pleased they don't know what is happening to you, so relax with your TV, have a nice hot chocolate and just share all your thoughts with us.

Meesh, I just want to be loved, and have someone want me every day - maybe I'm feeling emotional and hormonal? But I know cats are independent so if I get a kitten and make him/her really happy and comfy, it will make me feel the same??!

Fairydust x
CK

Blue Lizard
I think more of side effect at was told Herceptin or Docetaxol can give high temp. I kept my thermometer with me at all times and was taking it every hour, so could see it go up and then down.
Im still taking it every so often although I feel 'normal' today. I also just have heating on timer and have window open.
How are you feeling now?x

Meesh73

Glad you're home MrsMeow and sorry to hear you're in hospital bluelizzard! Hope you're both fighting fit soon! 

Fairydust if if you're looking for adoring eyes I'm not sure you'll get it from a cat, mine more often that not looks at me with disdain or disgust or just mad eyes! Still love her though! 

Mrsmeow, not sure how to post a pic think someone said you need a laptop to do that? I'm not that great with technology so can't help I'm afraid 😕

MrsMeow

Thanks for your positivity everyone and welcome BlueLizard - think summary of today's thread is chemo bad cats good!
Have arrived home with exactly the same symptoms as I was admitted with yesterday - so temp over 37.5 and pulse over 140 - asked what to do if temp goes higher answer ring helpline...! This is a bit circular!
Maybe this is just what happens if no obvious infection point is found although the cycle of helpline directing to medical team who do some strange things then 24hrs later get oncology advice all feels a bit of a 'lag'
Delighted to be home in front of the huge TV but mainly as was in a busy bay with people with chest infections and explosive diarrhoea - apparently safe because my white cells were high - well of course they were - from the injections but the false high not very helpful - sigh
Here's hoping the fever breaks overnight - well done to those climbing out of the dozytax hell - I will join you soon enough
For the catty folk - how do I post a pic? My daughter has 2 ragdolls that are so completely gorgeous they may make you smile
Have a lovely evening - am hitting the unhealthy food I think as a treat! X
BlueLizard

Thank you CK - that’s interesting re your temp - did you see its rise as a side effect rather than sign of infection? Mine shot up v quickly when I was admitted last sat but was trying to write it off as a side effect then by the time I got to hospital I was in a fairly poor state. I still think it’s refusal to come down must be st least in part due to the chemo though
CK

Hi Meesh
Yes I watched it. How could I not😾😾 Adorable! And rhe RSPCA guy covered in chimney smoke,lol.!

Fairydust. Glad boods are good! Goid luck tomoz. Whatts appd you some pics of kittens.xx

Blue Lizard
Sorry to hear you are having tough time. Im day 9 of cycle 4 Docetaxol and the pain has eased. I used Ibroprofen and Paracetomol and have Epsom Salt Baths every night. Although been doing breathing exercises every day, whenever I feel up to it. The pain was worse days 4-7 and also had 7 days GCSF injections too to add to the pain. Temp went high twice but I cooled myelf down with open windows and used a fan and the painkillers also probably helped. Ive done some more walking too.
Ive had tingly feet and fingers, dry skin and slightly sore throat otherwise now manageable. Its funny how one day can make such a difference with SE.
Hope you feel better very soon.xx
BlueLizard

Hello everyone - I started chemo (FEC-T) in early Sept and am currently Day 8 of cycle 4, first Docetaxel. This is my first post - I only read entry found out about this forum!

I ended up in hospital on day 3 (sat night admission via A&E - fun!) after having explosive bowel and a sudden temp. It settled pretty quickly but tests showed noro and I’ve been here ever since. Temp stable for a few days and now on oral ABs and due to get out tomorrow BUT I still feel so under par. Getting by re pain on regular painkillers but not got off the bed today. It’s nothing specific - just body not wanting to work. Does that sound familiar to anyone? My home life is quite demanding so not looking forward to getting home as much as I should...

Sorry you’re detained too MrsMeow - the unpredictability of temperatures, blood tests etc are hard to deal with aren’t they? I hope you recover soon
Fairydust 14

Ahh thanks Michelle, wish I had adoring eyes looking at me all day..Lol
Well, no phone call yet, bodes well so far!!!

Yea, how are you MrsMeow? X
Michelle627

Ahhh fairydust, cats are fab, my Jerry is loving the fact that I have dotax fatigue cos it means he gets to sit next to me on my bed all day. To be fair he's 8 so sleep is his priority lol x all the very best with the blood results xxx

Hope you are out of there and home soon Mrs meow 💕
Fairydust 14

Hi all, I'm back from bloods, feeling like a pin cushion, I need to have so many, wish I could tell by looking at the samples whether the white cells were happy or not, but all looks the same to me..Lol.

So am at home dreading the phone ringing..if the phone rings it's the chemo nurses saying don't bother going to chemo tomorrow. If it doesn't ring I'm ok, and can go...Drinking fruit juice and water anyway, being optimistic...

CK, Meesh, if I don't get a cat with all your support, then I never will! I don't want to train one if it means wee in my slippers and but at the same time a kitten would be so cute.and I do have a garden it can play in.but would be worried it would get hurt as it could slip under the gate into the road, although it isn't busy, cars go up and down fairly regular, but there are other cats in my grove a d they're ok. They are huge though..really well fed...do cats come with a manual! Lol.

I do intend watching the Jo Brand show too Meesh, such cutie cats on the trailer for it, so the show itself must be marvellous!! Will watch later..cheer me up if the phone rings..

Hope you're all feeling ok, and enjoying some of the winter sun if you have any...great sunny where I am

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺😘😘🌈🌈🦄🦄💕💕dance to get Mrs meow Home. Love shi xx
Meesh73

CK, did you catch jo brands cats and kittens programme on channel 5 on Tuesday, after all the cat talk yesterday I downloaded it?

CK

Hi ladies, hope bloods are good Fairydust I have pics I will send you later of some kittens. Even if you dont get one of those it will start you off in the cat club!

I didnt sleep til 2am after 7 hours at work but woke up at 9.30am. Enjoy your days out. Aki wrap up warm and try to avoid too much noise. Im finding my head cant handle loud anumything at the moment.

I hope you will be all good and can go home Mrs Meow. I know what you mean about your TV but tou will soon have it again. Kerp us posted

Im off out for lunch with ladies who have been amazingly supportive to me but I wasnt that friendly with b4. Its really strange how you win some and you lose some. So on goes the wig today and thick black eyeliner!
I must say when Im out now and someone coughs I dint hesitate to cover my mouth! Is that rude??

Hope we all have good days ladies. Lots of love.xx

CK

Hi Meesh
I find Reiki helps. I have a session rhe day b4 eaach cycle. Hope it helps you. Did you fing the Chi Gung exercises?xx
Meesh73

Cathy, I was wondering when the eyebrows and lashes go. I thought maybe some of my arm hair had already gone but after chemo3 Tuesday I know it hasn't unless they found the only place I have hair on my arm to stick the tape!! 😖

Apparently though brows are usually first back 6 weeks after last treatment and lashes 8 weeks (so a lady told me, she finished in July). So we shouldn't be without them too long. I'm a bit worried about putting stuff on brows and lashes in case all the rubbing to get it off pulls them out 😳

Cathysid

Hi again,

just noticed I have finally lost most of my leg hair(!!!!!), and arms are bald too now. Chemo 4  has seen them off.  I was thinking I'd been lucky and am keeping my eyebrows and lashes, but I've just been on the August forum and it looks like chemo 5 might see them off. Oh well, better start drawing my eyebrows daily as they suggested at LGFB so I can draw them in the right place when they pop off.

Hope the bloods are good today Fairydust. 

Cx

Meesh73

Aawwww MrsMeow, hope you manage to escape soon, just as you were getting used to that big screen too! How dare this chemo play such a mean trick on you. Wishing you well soon 🤗

Good luck today Fairydust with your bloods hope they're good enough for treatment tomorrow. 

Im off for a reiki treatment later today, my first ever one, they called to say they've got a cancellation so I've got myself in there quick, my other sessions start next week I think (need to check as with chemo brain can't remember).

I also try and stay away from people for second week and work from home to avoid all the bugs and germs! I even moved out of the medications aisle of Tesco last Sunday when I realised where I was as thought the only people down that aisle are probably ill!

Have a good day the rest of you ladies, hope you're all coping with SEs ok.

chasanddave

out*!
chasanddave

Hope you're put of there very soon Mrs meow and back home. love and big hugs, Jacqui xx
Chaffinch17

Best wishes with bloods Fairydust xx
Fairydust 14

Good morning all!

MrsMeow, I am so sorry you're in hospital! I do hope they let you out soon but only of course when they have fully treated you and importantly know what happened so it won't happen again!! My nightmare is  to be admitted so I an sure you are wishing yourself back home asap. I send you all my best wishes too.

I have been reading about all your side effects everyone, and am terrified more than I used to be.. but you're all coping with it with humour and spirit, and I applaud you all. However there can be days when your humour and spirit fails, and we are here for you just as much then too..

Right, off to shower then go for bloods..might just force myself to take the nasty tasting bio-strath and drink the whole bottle just to be sure my neutrophils are high enough..and then have steak and honey for breakfast!! but then I'd never know if that helped or not or if my neutrophils increased naturally. .Lol..

Have a good day ladies, be back online soon..

Fairydust x