Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

SueW

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Ali hope you feel better soon x hugs to you
Ali49

Cathy you did well yesterday and it is lovely to do normal stuff with the kids.

CK thanks for your encouragement and positive words.

I have been totally taken by surprise by how bad these pains are! It is literally like really, really bad toothache in my legs - i dont know how to lie, stand, sit to ease it. The painkillers take the edge off for a bit but then the pain has woken me all through the night.

I am so sorry to moan when i know everyone is going through different feelings and SE's.

Hoping we all have a better day xx
MrsMeow

Morning all - so lovely to hear updates today - it is spooky how sometimes our SE similarities are so aligned wherever in the country we all are. For example I woke up cross today today too- and was snappy last cycle at this time as had too many people living in my house- they have mostly gone now I wonder why?! Haha But am starting to think is all chemo effects as am usually a bit more accommodating.
First T (D) I didn't sleep for almost a week whereas in the second round this time am sleeping lots - including still being in bed now and looking out at beautiful sunny winter weather - can't believe a week ago I was driving round the country and a week later can hardly find the kitchen!
Leg pains are worse this time too but painkillers do really help- I am unusual in that baths don't seem to help me but as others have said walking around can be good.
Hope your voice is back and throat less sore Cathysid and Jow Ali49 and CK you are all crunching through the days and the injections - only 18 more injections for me before 2018!
Have a good day all - am going to do more cooking - am slightly food obsessed at the moment but maybe as its the warmest room in the house- bread sauce and stuffing made yesterday for the freezer - though might not eat them till March at this rate! Xx
CK

Morning ladies
Yes Ali, I have a few pains in my back and legs but walking about seems to make it easier and the Breathing exercises. Paracetomol and Ibroprofen again b4 GCSF injections. Having a soak now which is BCC catch up time. They will go but we are all differnt. Last cycle it took one week.x

Cathysid
Dont worry! I dont overdo it and I do rest.
Work isnt what work used to be, rushing around,its now just on the phone or doing bills and chatting. You can be snappy, we all can and all around us need to understand this! We are dealing with a lot!!!
Mum is just keeping the peace. Daughter back tjis week and we have a sessuon to go to chat together, hopefully will help her as she left for uni after my first cycle.x

Jow,
Im far from amazing but just doing what the body is telling me. The day b4 I couldnt move:0
Hope today is better and every day gets easier for us all.x

Meesh,
Enjoy Xmas! Its always a chilled one for me after working and my family overseas so will just be the usual. I always open a bottle of Chsmpers on Xmas day amd call my family but not sure if will feel luke alcohol as gone off it through treatment. Also not sure whst to tell people as many dont know.

I had a barmy at a friend who tagged me in a fb post 'Chemo' with good intention but I have kept this away from the overseas lot as to avoid worry and too many questions. Im not ashamed just want to avoid unnesseray whispers which always grow out of proportion:0

Tongues will wag but if not from my mouth its different.

Just ordered a load of stuff online. Not gonna use my time and energy to queue up with people sniffling and snuffling!

Lots of love.xx

Cathysid

Hi Meesh,

more sparkly lights the better! We will sparkle those Xmas blues away 🎄  🌲 🌲 

xxx

Cathysid

Hi all, 

Jow - I definitely get more/worse hot flushes in the 7 days after the chemo. On day 5/6 I was angry, too! Especially with my mum who has a knack for saying just the wrong thing. She told me I was very lucky to have  such a patient partner as I am very snappy(I was trying really hard to be patient and didn't think I'd done too badly).  I think my anger came from frustration at being treated like a child and losing my independence and ability to function normally. Maybe menopausal side effect too!  Sorry you have had to miss out on lots of the Christmas activities too. Hope your Mummy guilt isn't too bad - mine is dreadful!

i had a long day out yesterday - 2 hours searching for clues to find Santa in a foggy woodland. This did end with a campfire, mince pies and mulled wine so it did feel rather Christmassy. Unfortunately, on the way home I poppped into Waitrose for some easy pasta for tea and the cars battery went flat. So, another hour hanging about in the cold fog until a kind lady jump started us.  So exhausted today. Still no voice, and today's plan involves going to delamere forrest for a Xmas tree.  Wet and foggy again. Maybe a lemsip will give me the boost I need to join in the Xmas fun. I do feel like I have a flat battery, too. 

Mrs. M - you are right about feeling the pressure to be positive and pretend you are doing well because that's what people expect of you. It definitely gets harder as time goes on.

Hoping all all of you have bearable side effects and enjoyable rest days.  Thanks for all of your kind thoughts, 

CK - take it easy! You are meant to be resting, not working!!!

Ali - hope you are doing ok, a quiet Christmas sounds blissful! Hope the leg pains have eased.

shi - thanks for cheering us all along. 

Sam - try not to worry. A liver scan is use daily to look at the liver for all sorts of things - blocked bike ducts, swelling,etc. Is is a routine investigation of raised liver parameters. 

Lots of love xxx

Meesh73

Morning September ladies! Jow, Ali Sorry that hear you're suffering a bit, hopefully the SEs will ease soon for you. I'm not have t just fec all the way through. This will be the first you in my life that I've not spent it with my folks and sister. We've decided to postpone Xmas as a family until the end of march when I've finished treatment. So it'll just be me, OH and the cat this year. I've decided to make this Xmas be about my OH, he doesn't have any family and normally hates Xmas and all my noisy family descending upon us for 3-4 days. He also hates turkey 🦃 so we're having beef instead and spending Xmas enjoying the peace and quiet with some nice yummy food. Mind you he'd probably forego the tree and outdoor lights but I've drawn the line there and said I want this Xmas to be as sparkly as possible so we need even more lights. I'm quite looking forward to it now and planning the food 😋

Anyone heard from  Fairydust lately, hope she's ok?

jow

You are amazing CK

in contrast I was in bed all afternoon and evening.  Lots of hot flushes, feeling rough, despite my lower dose of T. 

Have woken up feeling angry.  Maybe this is chemo induced menopausal symptoms! Still very hot.

Have various visitors today but think I need to get out before I get bed sores.  Mouth so far is dry but not sore- perhaps the antifungals are helping.

Cathy, how are you?  Hope you are feeling a little better.

jo x

Ali49

You have done really well CK. 4 hoursvin work is great. Do you get leg pains? My leg pains are awful tonight x
CK

Hi ladies
I got in an hour ago after going into work for 4 hours! It was great to walk into the restaurant with the Xmas decor up as the last time I was in (Sun) we had just brought them down! Staff done them as good as me...or even better:0
There were 4 birthdays tonight so great atmosphere. Went to Waitrosse and bought food I wanted, then got home and taste buds not having it! Maybe tomorrow! A bit of Strictly now and hoping will have a sleep like last night! A full 12 hours!!! Wishful thinking😉
Ali49

Jow you have written down everything that i am feeling today!! I am day 4 after 1st THP and like you a slight sore throat, a bit achy, a bit of bladder pain but no temp.

I am also feeling like Christmas is going to pass me by this year. My friend has just been to se me and we had a lovely chat then she asked what plans we have for Christmas? -apart from going to my btothers for Christmas dinner (if i am up to it) we have none!! Because at the moment we just cant plan. All our little traditions will just have to change this year!!

Its funny how when you cant do things orvgo to things, you really want to go!

Oh well at least I know we are all feeling the same and it is not just me!! We will get there ladies. Lrts have a Chrstmas party in May!!! Xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks ck, just have to all keep going and trust God to get us through safely 😘😘sounds like us Oct girls swapping to t in the next week or so are in a few stops of hanging onto the front of our chemo train instead of being inside a carriage 🤪🤪🤪💕💕shi xx
CK

Morning Jow
Good to hear from you! Unrtunately this is not any of our normal lives! Ive had to say no to so many inviatations...but the main thing is we rest and get ourselves through this, even if its means sacrificing. It is so frustrating but do whst our bjdy says:) Have a nice chill today..

I fell asledp at 9pm last night, I was so tired I couldnt make the bath soak for the aches and pains from Taxol 2 but will have one after brekkie. Ive had 12 hours sleep wuth 9ne wee in between. Wow!

Tree up yesterday and write cards today. Daugjyer back from Uni on Monday, cant wait. We ve booked to see Miss Saigon in April when hopefully rads will have been done. Such a long tiring journey but getting there, we are troopers👍👍
jow

Hello everyone

Raining here today after several days of beautiful blue skies. It’s going to be an effort to get up.  I’m day 3-4 of T. Feeling a bit odd and throat is starting to hurt but not been terrible so far.  I have fluconazole tablets this time to prevent the oral thrush. I’m on my 10% reduced dose this round so am really hoping I make a better recovery otherwise there wont be many Christmas’s presents - even shopping on line was and effort too much.

Good to hear you are ok Mrs Meow and I hope your daughter arrived safely in India.  We went to south India in Feb, but I’m guessing long haul trips may not be likely for a good while now for most of us.  I can so relate to your feelings about those people saying, you are nearly through now etc.  I’m sure I could have said the same in the past. I guess it is hard to truly understand what it is like to have cancer and this treatment until you are in that position and people just want to make you feel better but sometimes the lack of understanding makes it worse. 

And Cathy, sorry to hear you are feeling low.  Do hope you have a better day but it’s not easy to feel positive when you feel ill. Yes it is a bizarre season to be having chemo thru,  yesterday I missed the Messiah at Bath Abbey (friend had bought tickets ages ago), tonight a friend’s soirée, Tuesday my youngest’s nativity, then middle child’s Carol concert etc etc.  I’m not going to any of them.  My chemo nurse pointed out that there will be other Christmases, I said I hope so!  This cancer does indeed make you realise how uncertain life is. Sam I do feel for you, waiting for tests and results is so hard. I have to wait til March for another CT of my lung nodules and mostly try to push to the back of my head but not that easy,

I have a friend here entertaining youngest kids and then brother coming soon for the day to take them out whilst husband has a bit of respite and I watch tv in bed.  This is so not my normal life! 

Jo x

CK

Hi Mrs Meow
Good to hear you are feeling ok !and sleeping after 3 days(we are the same day and cycle). Tjos nakes a difference although Ive been so tired. Apart from cooking my dinner and putting the tree up I've done f all!! Watched TV and napped all day. Can feel the aches and pains kicking in now from Doce and GCSF injections!
I think when people say halfway there to me they forget the op in Jan and 15 rads in March and they are also trying to say the right thing but in my head I'm thinking ' Theres a long journey yet love!'
But we are troopers and are battling on👍
Last night I had Ambrosia Rice Pudding witj jam...looks like I will be finishing the rest off later, now you have mentioned semolina! Ive just had pork chops, onions, mushrooms and Merlot got some too, although he looked at me in disgust as I nearly finished it off! Hope you have a good nights sleep tonight too.xx

Sam
So sorry to hear whst you have been through. Our immune systems are so low its easy to pick up anything, especially with kids at school. Its normal to worry about scans and results but try to put to rhe back of your mind and ring in on Monday.
I waited ages for a Colposcopy result which came back negative and pushed it to the side as was concentrating more on chemo. I also was told after bloods that something strange on my liver but theres not much I could do, and it was ok next time. Its amazing how our insides function and grow back again in good working order.xx

Cathysid
Hope the omelette tasted good. I had pea abd hsm soup for lunch(not sweet potato, chsnged my) and pork chop for dinner. Just had a Mango solero, my mouth is so dry no matter how much I drink!
Sometimes a good weep can be good, I've had a few and always feel better...but not cried in my porridge, liking my food too much😁
Ive put a cup of water near the radiator so not as dry...maybe try that too! The water diappears so it must evaporate into the air. Hope you are feeling better. We are so up and down which is understzndable. We dont realise how well we are doing althpugh it doesnt feel like it!xx

Shi
Hope your mum is feeling ok, bless her! Another wjrry on top of your treatment isnt ideal so see if someone ekse can take some stress off you too. Mums akways understand! My mum has been given a clear for her colonic cancer from ten years ago. She is now 81❤

Bath sosk after Gogglebox as can feel the sharp back pains coming out now. Lots of love😘😘

Sam34

Thanks I will ring her Monday x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope Sam, I’m from Oct thread. Sorry to hear you’ve been sick and in hospital. It’s easy for your head to explode and go at a million miles an hour with all the additional tests they give you. When I got hospitalised after a 1st Dec they did a chest X-ray and I was the same as you thinking omg had it gone onto my lungs and they are not telling me. I was advised by another lady on another thread this is routine as I am sure yours is regarding your liver. Best thing to do is ring your bc nurse and she will be able to have a look at everything in your records and confirm it’s routine tests, but I do know how you feel it is 😳😳😳😳as you dont get told why they are doing theses extra tests. Hope that helps a bit 💕💕shi xx
Sam34

Hello I was taken into hospital last Monday 4 days after chemo due to catching a sickness bug that half of my family had,while there my heart rate was 130 but did drop after a while,I was constantly being sick due to the bug..it lasted 7days..Doctor said I was fine to go home after 6hrs but said my liver bloods were high? This was the case last time after 1st case of chemo so my chemo drug was reduced by 20% but no the doctor from the hospital has referred me to have a ultrasound for my liver? Any1 has this I'm so worried they think the cancer has spread but not said! Not sure if my oncologist knows I've been sent for this ultrasound as it was the hospital doctor that has done it!

Just feeling abit worried,I've just been coming round to haveing BC and getting on with chemo n life!

Thanks sam xx
MrsMeow

Cathy so sorry you are having a teary day - sometimes it just hits and seems hardest to take for people who are normally so outwardly positive all the time - don't beat yourself up this crap has to come out sometimes and somehow - hope you feel restored a bit soon. Losing your voice so majorly must be a real drag I hope it comes back soon and your throat gets better cold weather and heating on at this time of year doesn't help with the dryness in the house etc. My latest battle is with people that think as am more than half way through then everything must be hunky and dory - I still have 19 days of injections to go before 2018 - not quite out of the woods yet - but everybody says I must be feeling fabulous - grr. My day 3 has been not too bad - I had a good night sleep which is incredibly unusual for me especially so early in the cycle - for some reason I made semolina very late last night which I joked was like when people used to thicken baby's bottles at night in the olden days - and it worked with my sleep! Injection number one done tonight - I do hate them so much so am back in bed after baking for several hours again CK and Merlot hope you are having a good day too - and love to all other ladies dealing with all SEs and Christmas pressures too - be good to yourselves xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cathysid, sending you some Christmas 🎄 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️💕💕💕sparkles and love to lift you up and get you sparkling lovely 💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

Hi Ladies,

Mrs. M - wow, your daughter has started her big adventure! I wish I was going too! I've never been to India - I probably won't go until the kids are teenagers now so will have to keep dreaming...  

Glad you managed the essential chemomoon.  I've been feeling a bit like I'm missing out on all the Christmas fun, but you have proven that we don't have to hide indoors and miss out. Glad you enjoyed a few Christmas drinks and treats. I'm grateful we have Christmas to brighten up this time.  

I think the docetaxel depression has hit today. Started the day crying into my porridge(despite advent callender fun and Xmas hits CD playing). Spent most of the night coughing or trying not to cough - my throats is so dry and tickly.  Still no voice at all - very difficult to communicate!  Look and feel like a zombie. Must pull myself together and find my Christmas alter ego - maybe if I cover myself in glitter and tinsel the Christmas spirit will find me!

Hoping this weeks chemoers are doing well. Hope you are ok, Jow, after the allergic reaction. 

Inspired by CK, it's fried onion and mushroom omelette for lunch,

lots of love,

cath x

CK

Hi Mrs Meow
Good to see you. We both had Docetaxol yesterday but Im having Herceptin too. I started my GCSF injections too today, 24 hours after chemo.
Ive had 2 big meals today Cheese and Onion Quiche and frid potatoes and tben tast budsxwanted double egg and fried potatoes. Last night I had a full English brekkie at 11.30pm so it looks like fried stuff this cycle!
Aches and pains not kicked in yet, probably tomo like last cycle and rhe dry mouth and high temp. It looks like we have similar side effects too. I. Trying Clarityn for the aches and psins this time as recommended by a CC on here. Ill see if it helps.

Aw, you will miss your daugher but its a bit like when they go off to uni. Mines back next week.

Merlot the cat has been amazing company😾Snoring away by me!

Ive managed to catch up with loads of phone calls and paperwork today which makes me feel better as when on my goodxweeks I tend to leave it and cram as much time in at work seeing my customers.
Starting to feel tired now so may have a nap.xx
MrsMeow

Hello all haven't written for a while as family chaos has dominated - I won't bore you with the details but dont you wish other stuff would just go on hold for our chemo? - especially as others have said, us female tigers tend to be the ones that sort stuff out. Docetaxel number 2 yesterday for me - same as T for those on fec-t - I am on fec-D and just one more left now on 20th Dec. Steroids keeping me awake as usual and making me scarlet all over but they stop tomorrow and then the GCSF injections start - I did not enjoy the effects of these last time and had 10 days but the good news is that the 'good week' from the D was a better good week than in between fecs for me - and we managed another chemo-moon of course - this time Christmas shopping staying near the shops in a Travelodge and getting an uber to and from the front door of the shops for 3 days - Christmas markets and even a cheeky Baileys hot choc and a beer or two made for a lovely time! My OD went off to the airport to do her Everest and India trip yesterday - at the same time we left for hospital - I will see her in February - it was emotional saying goodbye. I hope you are all managing your SEs - for the muscle pains from the injections I will take more painkillers this time I think as I am prone to fronting it out and trying to be brave and have realised there is not much point! I cannot tolerate epsom salt baths as my skin is too dry so use E45 bath oil instead since the evidence is the bathing is what brings the benefit - it is a quick way of moisturising for me - this treatment is so drying on the skin. I also find that D makes my mouth quickly sore so straight onto the mouthwashes today - for me I had no sickness at all with this chemo which is better than fec but once the injection regime starts tomorrow I will probably be wishing for fec back! Have a good day everyone - am probably going to make it to a grocery shop today as the fridge filling fairies don't seem to have been at work in my absence grr! Love to all Mrs M x
CK

Good morning ladies
That fry up at 11.30pm last night must have done the trick. Slept from 12.30pm to 7.30am! Not bad at all on steroids but must have been exhsusted! Seeing what tast buds are askung for brekkie now! Merlot being patient and waiting for me to get out of bed! Aunt Sally cheeks but temp fine atm. 🤞🤞
For all of us.

Hi Ali
Its all very ovedwhelming and tiring so a few tears is a good way of releasing. That kip and chip butty would have done you well! Happy birthday to your son and hope the side effects can keep under control! Your body will tell you what you need and listen to it. Rest is most important and soaks in the bath but you seem prepared.x
Hi Jow
Haha, Jane the Virgin and Male strippers might not work!!! You too, lots of rest and see whats in store. Hope you managed to sleep better. Ive got GCSF injections starting today so need remember to get them out of the fridge at 12 noon. Might try Clarityn after the bad pains last cycle.x

Right gonna see what the tast buds are asking for after a mouthsoak to try to prevent the 2 ulcers I got last cycle.

Speak later.xx

Ali49

Morning all! Hope you are all.ok and have had a decent sleep - or at least some sleep.

My first PTH yesterday!

CK, Jow and Cathysid, my treatment was fine yesterday - permuzetab first for 1 and a half hours, 10 m8nute flush then herceptin for 1 and a half hours then half an hour flush and docetaxol for an hour and 15 minutes and then a 15.minute flush! 5 and a half hours in the chair. I was fine but by the time i got to the car i felt wiped out and tearful!!

Anyway once home i just rested and must have crasjed on the settee for an hour then woke to chip butties! Which were lovely!

I have had about 5 hours sleep and i am glowing with the steroids. My hot hands and feet are back too but just moisturising them and going to keep them cool!

I await the SE's and follow the guidance that you habe all given me. I got anti sickness, my gcsf injections and i asked for tablets for diaorreah at the hospital yesterday - just in case!!

Just going to take it easy today and wrap presents for my sons 14th birthday next week - it wont take long as they are all small (but expensive!). I will.probably write some Christmas cards too.

Hope you are all feeling better today and have minimal side effects. Thank you all for helping me through this xxx
jow

Haha the typos are coming thick and fast for us both tonight! I’ve been watching Jane the Virgin. No male strippers in that!
I’m going to try a second sleeping tablet. I’m usually awake very early so hoping I get to sleep before wake up time!
J x
CK

Sorry Jow
Chemo dazed. Sorry I didnt respind to your treatnent. At least they sorted your reaction and put you on track again. We really dont know what to expect wirh every cycle! Lets hope we will both have as less SEs as pissible in the the days to come.xcc
CK

Hi Jow
Good to hear from you. Ive put on 1kg in a month...so whats that? Just eating whatever and whenever I want. Glad Ive got an appetite though so will try to lose the added wejght after treatment.
Im watching Four in a Ved and hoping will drift off uo sleep! Steroids!!!!!😯😯😯
jow

Hi all

im awake and hungry. Put 3llb on in last 3 weeks- too much sugar free granola! Have had banana, carrot, ryvutas and quavers. 

eventful chrmo today- had allergic reaction. Wasn’t too terrible cos nurses responded v quickly with iv steroids and Iv piriton and stopped the T before restarting at 10% dose.

sorry to hear you’re not great Cathy- just remember the amazin* days u did get last round.  Harder to remember feeling ok when you are rough I know

ive had a zopiclone but not working yet!...lots of hot flushes too.

Hope everyone else sleeping soundly

jo x

CK

Thanks for the dance Shi! 😘 I feel like I deserved it...maybe a male stripper next time,lol!!! Hope you ate coping well too🤞

Meesh
That is good that they are offering you a booster. A good reward for a good student! I think we are all inspirational and its great how we are all here for each other with our different stages in treatment🤗

SueW, Chaffinch, Jow and Cathysid and all other ladies, have a goid sleep tonight. Ive just had Bacon, beans , egg and Mushrooms. Couldnt not have it on these steroids. Hope I flake out now. Lots of love. Nite nite.xx 😘😘
Meesh73

Hello September ladies!

CK well done on chemo 5 hope your Epsom bath will ease those aches and pains.

cathysid, hope you're feeling better soon. How lucky for you to be done with chemo by Xmas! I bet you're looking forward to that.

I had halfway appointment with onc today. She has said that because I'm handling chemo well and am young they're offering me 5 extra booster rads when I'm done with chemo. So will now have 20 rads instead of 15. Felt like she was offering me some sort of prize for doing well! Wish it was a nice spa voucher instead of more rads though 😂

You September ladies are so inspirational, you're all doing so well! It gives strength to those of us trailing in your footsteps. Wishing you all well 💫🦄💫🕺🏻🌟💫💃🏻🦄💫🌈🌈🌟

Cathysid

Thanks for the dance, shi! 💃🏼
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck 😘😘😘🕺🕺💃🏻🕺💃🏻🕺well done that’s another one ticked off for you ❤️❤️❤️The op will be a doddle compared to this chemo mullarky, trust me it’s amazing how quickly the body repairs from the op, just take exercises steady after and it’ll be fine 💕💕shi xx
SueW

Ck glad you are safely home too x
CK

Hi ladies
Had cycle 5 today and 2nd Docetaxol and Herceptin. Was fine through treatment but we went for a mooch around the shops afterwards and rhe Hersceptin thigh started to ache! Didnt ache last time. Its fine when I'm sitting down. Taken paracetomol and might have a soak, see if Im awake long enough as steroids kept we awake last night and tiring with 4 and a half hours at the hospital as saw my Oncologist too! He seemed happy with the way Im coping but the chemo nurse and he both mentioned that this cycle could be even more tiring and painful! Thanks!!!!😯

Cathysid
So glad you have so much help with the children, Im sure theres days you don't want to leave the house! I usually stay in for 4/5 days unless just walking into the village. Its seen more of me lately in all the years put together since my daughter was a baby! Hope you pick up soon, we just need to be patient.xx

Jow
Hope you had a good treatment today! Ooo...those breaks sound good. I have an op a month after last chemo so may try to sort a small trip b4 op to charge tjose batteries that kerp going on. Then I need to recover from op and then go on to 15 radiotherapy sessions. I start Tamoxifan 2 weeks after op! Its ongling but hey anytjing which helps me stsy alive and have a better quslity of life.

Regards insurance my friend has just been away and she got insurance for £50. She has had cancer too. I will see which company she used.
We need to rest together now. Are we both on cycle 5 today? I will answer for Ali, yes its her first Doce today. Hope you have a restful night. I can feel some aches and pains already.xx

Ali
Hope your trestment went smooth and now resting.
Im sure you will catch up when ready. We are all thinking of you!There will be aches and pains and fatigue, and dry mouth with a bit of high temp but just keep on top of it and remember your anti sickness and steroids. Make sure youve got paracetomol and Ibroprofen and omg...Mango Soleros!!! Hang in there Ali!xx

Hope all of our September ladies are doing fine and getting there.xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cathysid 😘😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️❤️Sending hugs love and a 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Hope you feel better soon dance 💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

Still feeling pretty yucky. Seems to have hit me later and harder this time - day 6. I've also got a yucky phlegmy cough. My partner is pretty good but working long hours this week, so my mum is here to help doing the drop off and school pick ups, and walking the dogs. I've been in bed all morning again and not very functional this afternoon. Just got to get through bath time and bedtime and then can relax again. Hope my voice comes back tomorrow! 

Jow, not sure which way I'd go with the Xmas chemo choice. My last is on 14th Dec so hoping to be ok for Xmas dinner. If your partner can keep the kids busy might be best just to plough on and get it over with. 

Hope it went well today's chemo ladies,

x

jow

My vintage shopping was great thanks CK- I got an old log basket, kilner jar and glass cloche thing. I’m usually a bit of a cautious spender and probably need to be not buy8ng anything- I am the main breadwinner for our family and going down to half pay in Feb will be a problem for our very large mortgage).  but I think steroids helped my shopping trip plus I’ve got a bit more of that live whilst you are alive attitude! 

Ive also booked a cottage in Cornwall with sea and hot tub for end March and was wondering about taking the family to kefalonia in Greece to celebrate our  10th wedding anniversary in June . Didn’t book that one yet as suddenly thought I should check around travel insurance. I gather it is likely to be a problem.  Is anyone else attempting to go abroad and do you have any advice please?

sorry Cathy you have had a grim day, do hope you have a supportive partner to help? It is so much easier when the children are at school I find.  I’m worrrying a bit about the 17 days of school Christmas holidays with chemo near the start.  Some people suggested. Asking for it to be delayed.  I can’t decide whether better to ruin Christmas and New Yearlr better to get it over and done with. 

heve remembered my steroids but  just been reminded by your posts around food that I have forgotten to eat with them

Have a good chemo day those of you on today. Ali is today your first T?

Mrs Meow are you still out there and Blue Lizard?  Apologies if I’ve missed your posts.

jo x

Ali49

Good luck CK. Hope tomorrow goes smoothly and well xxx
CK

Hi ladies! Had a day of preparing myself for tomorrows treatment. Went on the course, dicovered I'd forgotton to take my steroids, so drove for then between reflexology and lunch so had an hour and decided to stock up my fridge too b4 going back! After lunch was well away in the relaxation class despite the steroids!

Then my friend came to my house and did me an hours Reiki (free). She does it the day b4 treatment each cycle.

Jad roast beeg amd yorkshires tonight and now preparing for sleep.

Cathysid
Thats rubbish! Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight and feel lots better tomorrow. Im on tbe course on the 7th so will see you there.xx

Ali
Yes, Im having Herceptin too and only neef to stsy 2 hours this time. Ladt tim I stsyed 6 hours the day b4 chemo but it went quite quickly. Thry take temp and blood pressure every half an hour for 2 hour and then tnen every hour so I could go for a wander after 2 hours. I had it in my thigh. The first in the right leg so in future even numbers in left leg and odd numbers in right leg.

Chaffinch
Glad the Chinese is on your faves! Cant go wrong with Chicken Chow Mein! Ask them not to add any extra MSG for flavouring. Mmm...those Sound like large chop suey rolls. Thank you for the good wishes.xx

Jow how did the vintsge shipping go?xx
Ali49

Cathysid hope you feel better tomorrow. Is it like your previous cycle? Its must be so hard when you have little ones. Xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cathysid, sorry to hear you’ve had a rubbish day, hope you get a good nights sleep and hope tomorrow is better day for you 😘😘😘💕💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

Hope all goes well tomorrow Ali, Jow and CK. glad you finally turned the corner and felt well again, Jow, before the next round.

Im on day 6 post chemo and was doing ok, but today got woken at 5.30am by my littlest, and just couldn't function at all! I feel absolutely dreadful- dizzy, lights make my eyes dazzled, stumbled back to bed and passed out again till lunchtime. Might try and watch some tv now, then back to bed again. Yuck. Hoping tomorrow might be better. 

Geordie - how are you doing? 

Cx

Ali49

Thanks CK i will do that. Are you having Herceptin too?

How l9ng are you there for having your docetaxol?

I will be there 6 hours on wed!!

Also ladies, is anyones hair growing?mine seems to be - a sparse downy covering. I will be gutted if ot all goes after this next treatment! My eyebrows are thinning though and they are also s bit itchy.

Wexwill be on a steroid rush tomorrow !! Good luck CK xxx
Chaffinch17

Good luck for number 5 ladies.
CK, I had a large spring roll full of lovely fresh tasty meat and bean sprouts and a chicken chow mein and prawn crackers. I think our Chinese Might have new people in there it’s similar but better 😊. I love oriental food
CK

Hi Ali and Jow
Yep, steroids tomorrow after brekkie and after lunch! Then a normaiish day b4 Docetaxol on Weds! I guess you will be seeing more of me on here as will be resting at more after treatment and writing cards like Ali!
Jow enjoy your vintage shopping. I will be on my course of counselling and therapies! Reflexology, Relaxation and Reiki:)
Ali, try to wear something loose and cool with a top layer you can tzke off as the Doce could make temp go high so you can tzke top layer off to cool down. Maybe dont wear a thick warm jumper👍

Meesh thanks for the kind words and hope you are coping well too:)

Need to stock up the fridge tomorrow but not sure what taste buds will be asking for:)

Didnt really suck on sweets last cycle so my chemo treat basket is bursting with chocs and sweets.xx
Meesh73

Hello September ladies! Glad to hear you're surviving rounds 4 and 5 of chemo and on the new regimes. I'm doing fecx6 like Chaffinch but it good to read that you ladies are doing ok as it really helps us ladies following in your footsteps! Good luck with your next rounds of chemo love and hugs to you all! 🤗

Ali, I'll get that 🚂 ready for you for Wednesday!

jow

I haven’t been to bed since I got up today! That’s a first for me on this cycle of T (I’m day 20). I managed a macmillan head massage and a spot of food shopping and I really enjoyed driving around at last.  Tomorrow  I i am going vintage shopping with a friend.  And then Wednesday more chemo of course.  Don’t forget steroids tomorrow you fellow Wednesday T ers

Here is the link to the sugar and fat  free granola which I have almost polished off.  Kids were not so keen.

https://www.superhealthykids.com/healthy-sugar-free-granola-recipe/

Basically just 2 cups of oats mixed with 1 cup of seeds/ nuts and a bit of salt and cinnamon. Then fold in 3 beaten egg whites and cook in low oven for an hour

i got Opatanol eye drops today- prescribed by oncologist for my gritty watery eyes.  Too soon to say if worked 

Sweet dreams all.

Jo x 

Ali49

Hi All. My first t on wednesfay with Herceptin and Permuzetab!! Aprrehensive but feeling positive too!

I have felt great the last few days and got lots done. I am planning to write Christmas Cards, wrap presents and watch TV after treatment. I have also ordered 5kg of epsom salts and asked my doc for new mouth gel as someone pointed out that Daktarin might not be suitable when having docetaxol.

Sue i hope you start to pick up soon and you too
Geordie.
Chaffinch it definintely took longer to feel normal after cycle 3. On day 12 i felt dreadful but was better on day 13. Day 14 i was shattered but since then i have been good!

CK well done for getting there today. I am sure your friend will really appreciate it - unlike the comments for her partners ex!!

Good luck for Wednesday CK..hope it goes smoothly. I start taking my steroids tomorrow 🤤🤤🤤

Lots of love to everyone xx
CK

Aw SueW
Im so glad you feel better today! Every cycle can bring on something different but we will get there!

Ive been docs again for thrush. The pessary didnt help as the chemo may be too strong for it so this time had a tablet to take orally. Fingers crossed this will help clear it.

Also got some Aveeno cream on prescription as has been good on my face after the cellulitus and no allergic reaction. A large bottle is quite expensive at Boots but it is a good product. The diprobase ointment emolient has been fab for my body and scars but too greasy on my face during the day. Ok at night as it soaks in.

Cellulitus has all cleared up now! The fusidic acid antibiotic cream has worked wonders!

Despite wearing dark nail polish my nails have turned slightly dark at the nail bed on some nails hut will just need to carry on wearing it and hope for the best.

My hair and eyelashes still haven't all fallen out after cycle 4 so just waiting to see. Dark circles under eyes now which cant be helped so concealer from LGFG course has come to the rescue. Concealer is better than foundation around the eyes as foundation tends to be drier and the lines around eyes more visible.

Looking forward to my day course tomorrow and seeing all the other lovely people in the group.

Hope you are all chillaxing and SEs under control.xx