Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

My cousin who is bc survivor has told me about s couple of websites for bras and swimwear nicola Jane and silima, hope these help 💕💕shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sam I agree with cathysid, when I was hospitalised after first fec, they keep eye on liver and kidneys more closely, I ended up having a chest X-ray too and my mind went stratospheric thinking had it gone to my lungs too but it’s routine that they do it. I had dose reduction too for last 2 fec s and I’ve just gone to t today and onc has kept me on reduced dose. I am invasive dc, 5 cm tn grade 3, node beg but vascular involvement and told stage 2. I had surgery in August so before chemo. Get your questions down in your notebook and speak to your bc nurse or the onc, don’t sit and worry when you can just make a call to discuss with your team 😘😘💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

Hi Sam,
Try not to worry about the liver scan. The raised liver enzymes are likely just to be due to the chemotherapy. The ultrasound scan is just a routine investigation of raised liver enzymes - it’s a way of loooking at the liver to see if it’s big or small or swollen, to see if there are any blocked bile ducts etc They are just being thorough. Try not to think the worst! Hope you can put it out of your mind x
Sam34

Hello everyone I posted on here the other day regarding a letter being received from hospital after being admitted due to catching a bug!

Bloods for liver came back high which I had this problem after 1st cycle of chemo so my oncologist reduced my chemo 20% as I'm on HPTC

So I received a letter to be sent for an ultrasound on my abdomen and pelvis to check my liver by the hospital!

My diagnosis is Stage 1 maybe 2 as 1 lymph node is affected Grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma 3cm tumour! Chemo has shrunk to tumour a lot after 3 cycles !

I rang my BC nurse to ask why I have been sent for this ultrasound as I'm very worried,she looked it up on computer and said it's just procedure the hospital have seen high blood results and just automatically referred me! She said it's nothing to worry about but why am I worrying? My 4th cycle out of 6 is tomorrow and I'm just getting to live with the fact that I have BC and hopefully will be cured...but this has own set me back and I'm thinking the worse ( has it spread ) would they know from the 1st bloods they take before cycle 1 if there was any signs of spread ( cancer ) It's really getting me down!

Sorry for the long post but I want to look forward to Christmas with my partner 15yr old daughter and family

Please help thanks sam xx
Fairydust 14

Yea Meesh, I have to start being better with my appointments, oncologists time is precious and I must stop missing my time with them. I will ask my date to remind me in future!

Or I will set the dates in my Amazon Echo so Alexa can mind me in future..I adore Alexa as she can play any music I want from any era, takes me right back down memory lane with my 80s classics including Banarama songs. Robert Dr Niros Waiting is one of my fave Banarama songs.

Meesh73

Music and kids cartoons are my pub quiz specialities, but I haven't been for ages and am a little rusty!

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh , no it’s my pub quiz speciality 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂I’ll name that tune in one tom 🤣😂🤣😁🤣😁💕💕shi xx
Meesh73

😂😂🤣🤣Fairydustyou really are taking this no stressing, relaxing without working thing to a new level missing your appointments! Perhaps you should programme reminders on your phone. Haven't been to IKEA in ages, we are having a new kitchen fitted in the new year, ordered it before finding out I had bc and needed chemo! Anyway they were really good delaying the date til the end of Feb when most of my treatment should be finished.

Ali, good to hear you're feeling better today hope you're turning a corner now, although shame you have a cold!

Shi, do you spend your time looking for song names! 😂🤣😂🤣😂love your suggestions, Good luck tomorrow 🍀🍀🍀🍀 will be thinking of you! 🌟🌟🌈🌟🦄🌟🌟🌈🌟💫

Fairydust 14

So. Am back from Ikea, feet aching (that place is huge!), and bought lots of stuff I didn't know I needed till I saw it..including lovely pink champagne glasses and some new cutlery! Am impressed with some of their kitchen designs..can see a new kitchen for me in a year or so..

Jow, how you walked 3 miles I will never know, well done you but so sorry you missed your little boys first nativity..did someone perhaps record it for you..if that's allowed at all..I know there have been issues recording or taking pictures of such children's events in the recent past.

But as they say on Strictly..keep on dancing..!

• Hi Ali, yay!! I am pleased your tumour is reducing..thats fantastic news, keep it up and it will disappear altogether, but I know there's more to do so all the very best to you. Thanks for your `whoop whoop!` I don't know what I'd be doing now if you girls hadn't been there for me when I was thinking of stopping work while I go through this chemo challenge, but I have leaped along in my mood my stress levels are so reduced, and I am able to think clearly and do things for me, that make me happy. And I guess it shows as my friends and family mean more to me now than they ever did before, now I have more time to spend with them and talk to them and enjoy their company..there really is more to life than work for me now!

Having said that, still have to think of serious matters, I seem to have missed my oncologist appointment AGAIN, and I know I didn't have a date confirmed to me this time, but it's still my fault for not having requested one..rules are changing all the time it seems..but it's ok. I will be sure to book one next month. They also want me to meet the radiotherapy team next time so I must be sure to arrange it! 

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘😘well said ck😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
CK

Shi
Im gonna start the dance tonight for your T tomorrow and start you on an easy journey and anyone starting T or having chemo soon! I hope I last the night! Its most certainly Aint what you do but the way that WE do it! And thats what gets results🎤🎵🎶 We have a 'long train running' 🚂🚂🚂and soon all of us will be 'Movin on'!👍 After a 'Cruel Summer' we look forward to 2018 when we will have 'Love, truth and honesty' and ' Good health'!! Will be thinking of you tomorrow.xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck 😁😁😁bananarana, well we’ve all got the cruel summer out the way and we’ll have s bit of taint what you do it’s the way that you do it (I know they did that with fun boy 3) but can see us all in a line like the girls were in the video all doing it United 😁😁😁😁💕💕stat t tomorrow, so extra glitter blast going on tomorrow before I go and just hope it doesn’t sent me even more 🤪🤪🤪🤪like I need any help with that. 💕💕shi xx
jow

Well I’ve taken Shi’s Dancing emojis to heart and this morning had a solo disco in the kitchen. I’m on day 7 -8 of my second T and not feeling great (for me the foggy dizziness is the hardest bit ) but decided a bit of positive thinking and positive dancing may help. And it has. I’ve walked about 3 miles and have eaten a mince pie! And am not going to moan about missing my little boy’s first nativity.
Welcome back Fairydust. I’ve had real issues with constipation too- it sounds minor but it’s not much fun. I have been taking laxatives, although I’ve gone the other way today so think I’ll stop them now. And that is fairly major telling your family about your cancer- sounds like they are being supportive tho.
Better go, more disco dancing (fully dressed this time) to do.

Jo x
Ali49

Well done on 4th Fec Meesh and glad the s8ckness wasnt so bad this time.

CK that poor girl! It breaks your heart! You are so good CK, supporting and guiding all 9f us and looking after everyone else too xx

Fairydust. Woop woop!! House makeover, date moving in, getting a cat!! Time off has done you the world of good chick!! Just let it happen. Dont stress, dont look to the future - enjoy the now!! Xxx

What a difference a night makes! Day 8 today and last night i had a good sleep and no leg pain - thank you God!! I had an ultrasound of boob today too and it has gone from 11x9mm to 9x 7mm - so it was small and now its smaller! Good news!!

I am still shattered and my mouth is still skanky - i cannot taste a thing. Oh and i have a cold!! But definitely better than i was - just like all those on T told me i would.

Thank you ladies xxx

Good luck to everyone having treatment today xxx
Fairydust 14

Ahh Meesh, you sound so cute, I can imagine your little face sticking out of your blankets, so brave to coldcap, hope FEC 4 side effects are not too bad for you.  And Chaffinch, hope your FEC 4 goes well too. 

Both your other halfs sound lovely and caring, really special. We do need to cherish the people around us don't we? They must know that we would look after them if the tables were turned.

Today, my brother, mum and I are venturing to Ikea. I haven't been to a large store in months, so am feeling very cautious, but am wrapping up well, scarf over mouth, gloves, wig and hat on! May try to avoid too much steroid spending, if I can! 

Chaffinch17

Sorry to hear that you are still struggling Ali, hopefully today will be better.
Good to hear from you Fairydust, sounds like you have a good man there. Sometimes opposites do work. A lady I work with is a totally hyper drama queen but her husband of 30 years is so laid back. Their son is the same but their daughter is just like her mum. It works for them! It’s hard for the men to know what to do, my OH hates me being low and it is starting to really get to him that we can’t live our lives like we used to, but he is very supportive just gets a bit self pitying occasionally which is annoying!
Although he has had a lot of other stuff to deal with and is used to he normally bring relentlessly cheerful and optimistic which I’m struggling with at the moment!
Loving the image of MrsMeow floating around in her nightie and the crazy cats, maybe they were affected by the super moon this week, certainly made the human menfolk grumpy!
Not looking forward to FEC 4 today but T isn’t a walk in the park either so maybe better the devil I know!
The oncology nurse said that because I’ve only had 2 lymph nodes removed they might use my surgery side which they have decided does little harm if that’s all you’ve had taken. My veins in my right arm are very tight and sore so don’t fancy another 3 treatments going through them!
Hope you all have a good day today, remember each day is another step closer to better times x
Meesh73

Morning ladies! Had fec 4 yesterday, wasn't as bad as last two rounds re nausea on chemo day. They didn't change my meds as they said some of things was anticipatory and they find that difficult to treat. They did tell me to take the lorazepam the night before and domperidone x2 first thing in the morning as well as steroids and ordansetron. This did seem to work. They said they could change meds but as it is just chemo day weren't keen to do so especially as I hadn't physically been sick, but they would see how I went this time.

Fairydust, good to hear you're ok and that man of yours sounds lovely to take time off work to come and look after you. My OH comes with me to treatment but I'm not sure I'd want anyone else there as I usually look as white as a sheet and with the cold cap as well my OH says all you can see is a little tiny pale face peering out of a bundle of blankets! Good luck for bloods tomorrow.

mrs Meow love the sound of you floating past windows in your nightie with your cat, could give some people a shock!

Hope you're all recovering from your latest rounds of t 

Fairydust 14

Hi CK! Thanks for T advice. You do seem to be coping on T, notwithstanding the aches and pains, but  if there is no sickness, then bring it on. I disliked FEC so much, that T sounds like it will be much more doable for me. I have painkillers and new soft bedsheets and will order some Epsom salts. I don't know how my date will cope being with me as my temp goes up and down considerably lately, so window open for me! I hope myself and my date can choose a cat together and name him or her.

My date is lovely. I agree,  but I take nothing for granted. I hope I can keep him but am aware that anything can happen. I am hard work and I fail to understand men and still read all the self help books I can . Whereas he's calm, cool and composed  and self assured and always surprises me. He isn't much of a talker so I never know what he is thinking or will do next. Not good for me as a control freak who needs order in her life but we get on somehow. Friends first and foremost. 

I am so sorry for the lady whose husband left her ... You really never can tell what people are thinking and feeling, no matter what they say. I have learned that nothing is certain in this world ..even marriage vows which to me are sacrosanct if taken in good faith, trust and mutual  adoration and love,  although I remain a hopeless romantic and want the happy ever after promised in fairy tales of my childhood.. It's so desperately sad for her and my heart breaks for her. There are no words that can console her, especially  with Christmas and the embryo..I send my prayers to her and to her husband that they may talk and reconcile one day..if that's what each agrees is best and can work.

CK

Good luck for your T Fairydust! You shouldnt feel any sickness on this one, just aches and psins and temp up and down, dry mouth and funny taste, more fatigued, veins stick out more and bruise easier! Manageable with painkillers, Epsom Salts and plenty of rest!
You should move to Manchester, nearer me and date:) So good to hear he has stayed around, hes a keeper!!!
Today, at the centre we were sad as a young ladies husband left her recently and she told us how good he was just a couple of weeks ago. Its very sad and she devastated. If he turns round Im not sure she would want him back and they have an embryo together waiting for after her treatment, which has now ended. I text her b4 and she has eaten a meal and put the tree up so one day at a time. Sge has done so well, nearly a year since diagnosis and thinking of going back to work. I dont know her husband so cant really comment. Although it seems like hes a coward and an idiot we dont know whats been going on in his head either, but its a bad time too, b4 Xmas. The problems this BC can bring to us!!! But I told her she needs to concentrate on her health first...luckily no kids involved. Cant stop rhinking about it!

And have you got a cat yet?xx
CK

Mrs Meow
You in your nightie flying past my window, haha and if you have the cat with you Im sure Merlot will be thrilled! Glad you are feeling a wee bit better, hopefully no more 'ow' and more 'Me-ow'!

Regarding injections, I was a little sad b4 watching a programme about drug users. Actually showing them injecting themselves. After the programme I hope they get help. Then I rhought about my injections and how I use to hate even looking, and now Im doing them myself. Isnt it amazing what we can do when its thrown at us. As for rhe meanies, they are our friends, giving us all they can for a better quality of life👍

I'm going to find that fiery ginger, really dont care about calories at the moment, just eating and drinking what I feel!x
Fairydust 14

Hi all. Sorry been away for so long. A couple of reasons..I had real tummy issues and struggled with going to the loo, really painful movements and sickness.temperature rises and sweats. I .twice thought of calling the emergency line, but stopped myself...and prayed for the best while lying on the bathroom floor. Thankfully prayers were answered and I got over it. So pleased no more FEC for me..it was killing me not the cancer!!

Second, I finally told my family about my diagnosis, and so was reassuring them I'm fine, while not really being fine..but I could not let them worry about me any more than they already are..but they are supportive and caring and that's welcomed..

My date who.lives in Manchester says he wants to stay with me while he takes a break from work for a while ..which means I.can't hide things from him then as to how I feel and my emotions etc....Hope he will understand that I won't be the life and soul of Christmas all the time, but I do look forward to seeing him. 

And in the meanwhile, have rearranged my house furniture wise, and am getting new carpets and blinds fitted for Christmas I hope..if they can fit me in in time..which is exciting..and much needed. 

I am preparing for my first T on Friday if bloods on Thursday are ok. My family want to come to chemo  with me but after going on my own for all the 3 previous  FECs I think it may overwhelm me to have them there..

I have tried to keep up with your updates in my absence, you're all amazing to me..

Fairydust xxx

MrsMeow

Hi CK - I was missing the Merlot update - it is really windy outside here so maybe the cats sense the weather and are going a bit daft. Although we are at the same stage of T you sound like you have turned a corner which I hope continues. I have had a not bad day and good job temp is ok as being outside in the nightie to cool down would take on a different take in this wind!! It is at this stage of T that I get the grumps about having 10 injections - my clinical team are meanies - have got until bloomin Sunday to still do them - and although doing them is peasy the pain tonight was the worst it has been in total. I was sitting up doing Christmas cards for hours and kept shouting 'ow' - the cat was unimpressed. Having said that am sure painkillers would have got the cramps under control but have been avoiding taking anything in case it masks a temp - otherwise I have been a bit brighter overall today (trying to be positive for those starting T this week) A fan is a great idea - sometimes the simplest things get forgotten in the medicalisation of everything haha. Or maybe my common sense has just gone! Yes the tesco fiery ginger is a no added sugar can of drink - the sort of cheap and unhealthy can but I absolutely love it and it seems to clean my mouth up without being too sickly - I think is 99p for 4 cans. I drink a lot of soda, maybe I will stop next year but I still maintain the diet coke has kept me from succumbing to thrush - well you see what it does to 2 pence pieces.. Enjoy Bananarama and hope everyone has a really good night's rest tonight - if you see a strange apparition going past your window it may just be me floating around and cooling down haha!
CK

Hi ladies, watching the A word. A lady has breast cancer on it and the last few episodes have seemed so real!

Ive been to the Cancer centre today and it was a very sad atmosphere as one of the ladies was in tears. Her husband left her last Tuesday. She has finished treatment, chemo and rads and hoping to go back to work soon and this has been thrown at her. Shes only late 20s too and they have an embryo between them. He sounded so supportive and there for her but we just dont know what was going on in his head. Its just so sad that he wouldnt get help. Shes devastated. A few weeks ago he was telling her how much he loved her! Not a good time either. I hope she will be ok.

Day 6 or number 2 T and horrible taste in mouth still there. A few aches and pains but wearing off.
Appetite good but just very picky. Temp under control. No burns yet! Very easy to bruise though. Dropped something small on my foot and have a massive bruise. More tired this cycle so more rest and sleep. One more GCSF injection until next cycle. The herceptin jab did gove me a tender thigh this time but went the following day. Have 16 more so hopefully they get easier.

I had a good reflexology session where I was well away and lunch was yummy. Carrot soup, fish pie and peas and fruit crumble and custard. Even had a glass of red wine🍷

I'm finding my taste buds are very fussy this cycle of T. Sweets, chocolate, burgers and fried foods are on the menu. Last night I had a MacDonalds Fillet o fish, fries, strawberry shake and apple pie which went down well. Daughter brought it on way home from uni.

Ali, the aches and pains went after one week on first cycle and now its day 6 of 2nd and they are just in my back. Paracetomol and Ibroprofen have controlled them and the temp too. You are doing the right things. One day you will wake up feeling good and wonder where the aches and pains have gone. Lemon and ginger cordial have been good, just water isnt too pleasant. Ive bought a lot of fruit for my daughter to make smoothie with frozen yoghurt. Any faves from b4 have gone down the drain. X

Mrs Meow
Be careful! Standing outside in your nighty could cause some gossip between the neighbours🤣
Do you have a hand fan. It helps my temp go down and keeps my Aunt Sally face cool too. A good investment from Spain!!! Did you get to sit on Santas knee??? Think I may try hot choccie tonight with honey, thank you. Whats the Tesco fiery ginger...a drink?

Cathysid
Ive got my place on the BCC course at Beechwood and going with my daughter. Thank you for telling me. I will ve at the centre for 3 days this week. Im glad I'm raising for them at the Christmas party.
Hopefully see you there. Im sipping on soda water and tonic water too.xx

Meesh
I hope you sorted anti sickness. The Amend helped me and helped a few others I told. Ginger drops were good too. On the T I've not needed as many sweets for nausea but just for rhe dry mouth.x

Shi
Always looking forward to your chirpy posts and choo choo train. 🚂🚂🚂leading the road to recovery...and your dancing shoes! We will all be somersaulting and juggling soon🤸🤸🤸🤹🤹🤹
I've got free tickets to see Bananarama tomo...a blast from the past👍👍

Merlot the cat has gone bonkers, running up and down the stairs! Im sure he can see rhings I cant see😾😾😾

Right...calls for Epsom salts.😘😘

Ali49

Mrs meow, cathy and shi thank you! A bit better tonight and habent napped today so hoping to sleep!.
Mrs meow iwill.try that ginger drink - everything i eat and drink is literally like cardboard!

Hope everyone is doing ok and good luck to all those having treatment this week xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali 😘😘😘hope you are winning with the t 😘😘😘bit of t 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Busting dancing being done for you 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
MrsMeow

Ali you have really been through it this last wee while - hope the pains settle a bit today. Hot choc is my tipple first thing too - sweetened with Manuka honey - I quite fancy it every day in bed forever even when we are better. I am drinking and eating a lot but nothing much healthy - Cathy I can't do potato this cycle at all not sure why - but plain spaghetti covered in melted butter and salt is my comfort food - no wonder the scales are groaning - Ali I drink a lot of fizzy drinks and the Tesco fiery ginger is brilliant for my docetaxel mouth and has even kept the thrush at bay so I haven't needed nystan or tablets yet - nearly but not quite.
T certainly takes longer to shake off than fec for me - nice not to feel sick but thEse leg pains are something else. Onward and upward today - off to a garden centre to feel Christmassy -maybe santa will let me sit on his knee...! X
Cathysid

Ali,
Sorry you are feeling so crappy. It’s that time for emotional down too usually. Things should start to improve on day 8 though.

Have you tried potato? I find it tastes normal even when everything else tastes of nothing. It doesn’t upset the tummy either! Also sipping sparking cold mineral water tastes so much better than tap water!

Mrs.M - hope the temperature has stabilised and you managed to get some sleep, rather than running round your neighbourhood in your nightie all night! Hope the leg pain has settled.

Big hugs,
C x
Ali49

Mrs Meow when iwent to the walk in on saturday they said the brown wee is a result of all the drugs! I had the painful tummy too. I think our bodies are just reacting to the shock! They did say i had some keytones so needed to eat and drink a bit more! I am trying but everything tastes like cardboard - even water!!

My temp is also varying but does go down when i open windows etc. But dont ignore a high temp. I really want to avoid a and e too though. I wish there was somewhere to go to get bloods checked etc without a and e!!

My leg pain returned in the night together with the gscf pain. I have sore ears a skanky mouth and am generally feeling garbage!! My gums are sore and bleeding when i brush and my tongue feels like its an alien in my mouth. Oh and an itchy bum to boot!! My eyebrows are thinning now and i feel.like the little hair that i had on my head has gone less!!

Anyway my hubby is making me toast and hot chocolate then i am going to take painkillers, do the mouthwash and Nystin and stop feeling sorry for myself!!

Mrs Meow i hope things improve for you today. Lots of love xxx

MrsMeow

Hi Ali49 - snap with the brown wee - what's that all about?! The unit didn't mention it but is definitely a thing yet doesn't seem to be infection does it - it goes with a really sore tummy with me - but not like a cramp or a bladder pain- is almost like my fat hurts - weird. Leg pains are yuk tonight and my temp is creeping up so if necessary i will stand outside in my nightie as I am definitely not going to have another visit to hospital like last time - which was a disaster and a waste of time. Reckon they cant arrest me for running around outside in the frost in a nightie if I am on chemo haha. Good luck to those having treatment this week especially first time T folk xx
Ali49

I think the T is differentvfor different people. I havent felt fuzxy headed or sick but have been in pain and very tired. I look pale and miserable!! My advice is to have painkillers - good ones - in, get stuff forxa sore mouth and tablets for diaorreah from your nurse - just in case.

The brown wee i was told yesterday, is typical cheko wee.

SueW perhaps the anti sickness that they said you couldnt have with docetaxol doesnt agree with it. I have not had sickness with tax but took tje anti sickness they gave me just because they ssid to. Good luck everyone xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

You’ll be ok in our gold hot pants, they are Lycra ones 😁😁😁do expand to accommodate us sh11ting ourselves with each round, oh sorry that’s Just whuss me 🤩🤩🤩💕💕shi xx
Meesh73

Hi CK I already wear the sea bands (although kept forgetting to put the back on after showering last cycle) but thanks fir the emend tip. I'm going to see if they can change meds if just for chemo day. 

Mrs Meow, I understand how distressing being made redundant is. I moved to live with OH nearly 10 years ago and part of that involved getting a good job here (there aren't many for what I do). They paid for my move and house sale etc. but 8 months after I started there they made me redundant. I was so upset (I actually hated the job and the people) as I've always worked since I was 15 and felt all at sea by the thought of having no job or income.  Really feel for you going through this and worrying about work too but You will find something else though and hopefully it'll be better than your old job!

MrsMeow

CK enjoy your daughter's return - daughter hugs are the best medicine and she will be delighted to see how well you are doing x
Cath hope you are back in full voice - btw I didn't really mean Santa had the bagpipes - he is escorted along the high St by the pipe band - but your version is better haha! X
Ali hope you are not too sore and Shi I need your help as my gold hotpants Def do not fit as have put on a ridiculous amount of weight on chemo - it will go but am so embarrassed every time I get on the scales in the chemo room and take my boots and glasses and jumper off etc - it always makes the nurses laugh and I have to bribe them not to tell my OH what a blimp I have become! X
MrsMeow

On D was not so much of a fog head for me but felt more unwell in the early days (even though no sickness) if that makes sense - so not too doolally but I would have felt too sore to work much before day 6 - others have a different experience though as I have been signed off since June as my work involved air and train travel etc
It is my 5 year work anniversary today which is making me so upset as was made redundant a month ago - I think I genuinely find it scarier to be out of work than all the treatment that I have faced so far and is definitely affecting how I feel about recovery as soon as am able will have to start knocking on doors - trying not to let it overtake me as others have much much higher hills to climb - hopefully 2018 will be our year folks... xxx
CK

Hi Whytefawn
Im dat 6 after number two and there is still a fuzzy daze but I was able to work on Fri and Sat night and on my feet a lot. My onc said act as normal as possible. I am resting today though.x
WhyteFawn

Hiya. Question for those of you on T now. Do you still get the fuzzy foggy dizzy head like on FEC? I'm just trying to work out what I can work after my first T on Thursday. I work from home so as long as I can concentrate and sit at my desk I'll be ok.

Have a good day x
CK

Morning and good luck to this weeks chemo ladies!
Hope youve had a manageable weekend although I dont have a difference in weekday or weekend now apart from going into work when busy reminds me its weekend!
Day 6 of 2nd Doxetaxol and apart from a slight headache the aches and pains have lessened but they could always come back:0 Touch wood, Doxetaxol hasnt been as bad as I anticipated and 🤞 this one easier than first one as maybe the drug is used to my body now! Wishful thinking and I know anything can happen still but just got to kerp on it and check temp temp regularly.

Ive had an Epsom salt soak every evening like last cycle b4 the pains started and sometimes one during the day too. They really have helped me.
Nails have gone a hot grey despite dark carnish. More dark circles under eyes so wear my LGFG concealer when going out. Not used most of the goodies yet, but Im sure I will at some stage. Just not got the mood to do a full regime and make up.
Scars from Doxe burns have cleared with the help of Diprobase ointment. It was strange how the wound was in line with my cannula nerve and how well its healed. Still cant get rid of rhe thrush though:(
Daughter back from York uni tonight. Ive promised myelf a chill day as done more than usual on my chemo week.
Xmas cards posted and tree up. Not much for me to do at Xmas as most family overseas or far away so will concentrate on Meh!!! Now, what do I want to eat today? Eggs are in my mind again! This cycle its desserts and eggs!! Had 2 custard tarts last night and I've boiled some eggs for salad🍳🍳🍳🍉🍝🍜🥗🧀

Meesh, I used Amend on EC which helped towards no sickness. I also wear sea bands which may help too.xx

Mrs Meow
Glad you are feeling good too. I think its a package, emotions, moods, tears. We are having to deal with a lot:)xx
Meesh73

Thanks everyone! Haven't actually been sick yet on chemo day but was very close last time. I was just prescribed my steroids and ordansetron for chemo day and tthen steroids, ordansetron with domperidone top up for 3 days after chemo but last time they said I could take donperidone on chemo day too. I felt sick before they even started last time! I'm trying not to get worked up about the thought of the nausea tomorrow as I suspect that'll make it worse but it's hard ☹️

SueW

I am on akyzeno too
Take it at home 1 hour before chemo and told it lasts up to 5 days
I was told could not have when move to t but t got home looked in my bag and there was 1 in there so I shall take it they can’t ssk for it back if I already took it ha ya xx
Cathysid

Yep, Akynzeo is the only one that’s worked for me too! It has been fab. Haven’t needed any other antisickness after one of them on chemo day.
Love the image of Santa with bagpipes! 🙂
MrsMeow

Hi Meesh - sorry am not up to date with what anti sick you have tried but because of my history I went to akynzeo with round 2 fec and haven't been sick since - it's expensive so am not allowed it on T but it was great for me on fec and is only one tablet an hour before chemo starts - good luck this week xxx
Meesh73

Morning ladies! I've just been for 💉for chemo 4 tomorrow 🤞🏻I'm staying on fec til the bitter end not sure if that's a good thing or not 🤔at least I know what the SEs are but not looking forward to the nausea which seems to increase on chemo Day with each treatment for me ☹️So not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to call chemo team later and ask what I can do about it. There are a lot of us oct girls on the chemo 🚂This week all with our 🌟💫🌟💫gold hot pants on! We're getting the big guns out to help us stay on track and try and avoid any scheduled stops! 

Hope your SEs ease soon ladies, hang on in there the end must be in sight for some of you? 😘😘

MrsMeow

Hi ladies hope you have had a good night - day 6 second T (D) for me and I know others are at the same point - this time on first T I hadn't slept for days yet this cycle am sleeping more than normal - no happy medium! It feels quite good to hVe slept from 1 till 7 with no painkillers - though feel someone is screwing my legs off at the knees currently. Last time I was sure I had thrush in my mouth over the weekend but had no medication for it - this time I came home with tablets but actually have managed to keep sore mouth at bay with the benzydamine mouthwash and it seems to be a bit better today. A new surprise on the symptom bingo is very brown wee with a sore tummy but no other symptoms of temp so will just see if it settles - random symptoms continue! For those starting T it is nerve wracking especially if you have been getting used to fec - and it is different but also a bonus not having sickness - I literally haven't taken any further anti sick tablets since the steroids stopped on day 2.
Not sure if anyone else feels the same but I hadn't expected chemo to provide psychological symptoms too- the day 4,5,6 tears and grumps and frustrations I thought was just me till I looked at these lovely forums and discovered everyone else at the same stage all raging with the world too haha. Is different from the psychological effects of diagnosis and is definitely from the chemo - who knew?! The good news is it does seem to lift and I definitely had better 'good' days after T than the good days after fec - which is brill if I am ever going to get organised for Christmas- I managed to watch santa parade from the end of my drive yesterday- he goes past with bagpipes in this part of the world and it was cute to see and means the town will now be Christmassy every day when it gets dark.
Have a good day all - anybody having bloods today? Good luck and love xx Mrs M x
WhyteFawn

Hi ladies. I hope everyone is well.

I've been reading your posts with interest as I and some of the ladies on the Oct thread are switching to T this week. A little anxious about it as it's the unknown I suppose. After 3 FEC we know what to expect but T is a different kettle of fish.

Have a good week everyone
Cassie x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

This t switch that some of us Oct girls have this week sounds like it’s going to be double pair of Wonder Woman pants with bells on required.... ali are you joining us on the 🚂roof as the t girls surf the roof of the train, the fec girls are holding onto our gold hot pants to make sure we don’t fall off and us on the roof are are holding each other’s gold hot pants so we get through safely 💕💕shi xx
CK

Ali
Do you have any deep heat rub? That helps sooth for a short while? V pillow is helping my back and I'm having 2 Epsom soaks a day! Just think that we qould be worried if rhere was no pain as then we will think its not doing its job👍 It is hard, sometimes I feel my knees are going to give way. Lets hope for the best and try not to rhink of the pain and put some chessy TV on. I'm watching The Mekong River with Sue Perkins. Vietnam is a place I would like to visit. X

Mrs Meow
Its a good idea to be prepared with painkillers even if we dont use them. Your cooking sounds yummy!
Snappy, shouty and angry is good, get it out of our system!!! God help whos around us!!!🤣

And Cathysid, SueW, Fairydust, Jow, Meesh, Sam, Chaffinch, Shi, Whytefawn, Jencat, Geordie, Buddy, Ali S! Go girls!!! We are troopers💪💪💪😘
CK

Ali
Do you have any deep heat rub? That helps sooth for a short while? V pillow is helping my back and I'm having 2 Epsom soaks a day! Just think that we qould be worried if rhere was no pain as then we will think its not doing its job👍 It is hard, sometimes I feel my knees are going to give way. Lets hope for the best and try not to rhink of the pain and put some chessy TV on. I'm watching The Mekong River with Sue Perkins. Vietnam is a place I would like to visit. X

Mrs Meow
Its a good idea to be prepared with painkillers even if we dont use them. Your cooking sounds yummy!
Snappy, shouty and angry is good, get it out of our system!!! God help whos around us!!!🤣

Cathysid, SueW, Fairydust, Jow,
Ali49

Yes i have got co codamol and have taken 1 with a paracetamol. I will wait for the next round and take 2 x co codamol. Thanks for help and advice ladies xx
Cathysid

Ali, have you got some paracetamol with codeine like paracodol or co-codamol? If not your gp can prescribe some. It’s stronger than paracetamol on its own. Worth maybe ringing your team to get some more pain relief sorted. Hope it eases soon xxx
MrsMeow

Ali - when I got admitted into hospital last cycle I asked for stronger painkillers as I was worried what would happen if the pain went beyond paracetamol and ibuprofen - they sent me home with codeine tablets - I haven't needed them yet but my leg pains are much worse this cycle too so I may be heading for them later. I think we are allowed the strong stuff as long as we keep an eye on our temps xx