376146posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Meesh73

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

No worries Fairydust I think we've all proved we're a little crazy, whether that's from m the chemo or not who knows! I'm really forgetful and can never remember who was in the final for these things either, but to be honest does it matter? 

Fairydust 14

Ahh I see Meesh! I was imagining it like a fancy dress pair of pants! I'm the nutcase I think not you!! Lol.

And Shi, yes I will definitely be watching The Strictly and Apprentice finals this weekend..I suspect Joe will win Strictly and Sarah will win the  Apprentice. But I have no preferences about any of the Finalists. They've all done well to get to where they are, and all will do amazing afterwards. This time next year, I won't remember who was in the finals! The way my memory is, this time next week, I will have forgotten lol! 

Fairydust x

Meesh73

😂🤣😂🤣Fairydust, I guess you could wear them over the top if you really wanted to and were that crazy 😜 😜 But as think I'll wear mine like normal knickers. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a nutcase! 

Ali49

Shi i think you will be fine now! Apart from being in hospital due to getting a cold and cough I think i have been relatively normal after the first few days 🤞🤞🤞
Fairydust 14

Thanks Meesh. 

Wow!! Wonder woman pants! Ace. Do they fit over your clothes ala Superman..trying to picture the look. I hope they give  You extra powerful superpowers to kick cancers butt! At least your rash seems to be scared of it and it's fading away..Hope it continues. Congratulations for avoiding the antibiotics, I'm not sure I could have..You are indeed Wonder Woman!

Fairydust x

Meesh73

Fairydust, glad the dancing worked and your neutrophils were good enough! Nevermind about forgetting stuff it's easily done. My rash looked a bit better this morning 😊 My mum and sister came to see me today and are staying overnight. Sister has bought me some actual Wonder Woman knickers! So I can twirl my way to next chemo 😊

Fairydust 14

Thanks Shi..very kind of you. I just can't manage my chemo needs...I think I may be subconsciously in denial.

Just spent the afternoon putting all my dates for appointments and meds in my phone with reminders set, see if that helps. Everything I do to manage my time and diary at work seems to have gone out of my brain. It's a new me I need to get used to and adapt to...:-(

Post it notes might be a good reminder to remind me to check my phone remainders.. Lol...if I don't try to laugh about it I'll cry.

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Good news on the bloods fairy dust. It’s eady to forget things, I’ve got separate chemo diary with everything in there and which side I’ve done injections too there are 7 with t. Post-it notes up everywhere too. At least you can enjoy strictly and apprentice finals this weekend now 😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Oh ladies, I am such a silly thing but I think my chemo brain is definitely to blame!!! My neutrophils were 1.5 this morning so I got my 0.1 uptake. Thanks ladies for your dancing!!

For T I am required to take a load of steroid tablets the day prior to chemo and the day of chemo..Well I forgot to take any....  😞

I actually got in the chair with my heat pads on the back of my hand before the cannula went in, and my nurse asked me the question about steroids, and it was a hand on head "DOH" moment for me.

The nurse was so lovely, and checked to see what they could do, but I have to return on Monday and take my steroids on Sunday and Monday morning.

I had no memory of steroids at all this week, although the previous week, when I couldn't do my chemo because my neutrophils were low, I had taken the steroids...only me lol.

Hope you are all having a lovely day and not spending it in the loo Cathysid and Ali..not looking forward to that side effect..

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Hi there,

i was so excited about finishing chemo I forget I have to carry on the herceptin for a full 12 month course! Bit of a shock!  Oh well, less side effects I hope.

Ali, after T I get diarrhoea once or twice a day from a few days after to about day 18 then it seems to improve just before my next dose.  For me eating less fruit helps, though some days I really crave it and can't resist!

xxxx

WhyteFawn

Hi everyone

Ali, the aches are subsiding thank goodness. Tho do seem to come back a bit at night but no where near as bad. Feet are still getting hot but starting to learn to cope with that. How are you doing?
How's everyone? Good luck with up coming treatments.
Cassie x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ali, my t dose was 80% not the full whack, so touch wood that’s helped me spots and hands and feet wise but I’m only on day 8 so just taking it day at a time. Like you said once this first t is done we will know a bit better how our cycle will be, good news you are onto 2nd one next week, will that just leave you one more then? Look forward to ringing that bell 😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Ali49

Well done Cathysid!! You have made it to the end and it is very emotional!!

CK is it really your last treatment next week? It is my 5th!

Meesh get those antibiotics started and be rid of that rash.

Cassie how are you doing? Hope the pains have gone or at least eased xc

Shi i have had a spotty face too. My hands are dry and the tips of my thumbs are cracked. I am using the udderly cream but perhaps need to use it more.

I have felt tired today on day 16 - probably been overdoing it a bit!! I am still having diaorreah too - a couple of episodes each day - is anyone else on T expetiencing this? I am also a bit breathless!! The joys of treatment hey!

Goid luck tomorrow Fairydust. Hope the neuts come up x

SueW how are you xxx
Cathysid

Ps. I made it to the nativity- it was lovely. Exhausted but brain wired on steroids now!
Cathysid

Fairydust, 🧚‍♀️ hope those neutrophils multiply by tomorrow for you xxx
Meesh73

I will start them tomorrow if rash hasn't improved by then.

Fairydust 14

Thanks Shi! Thanks Meesh! Thanks October thread! I can envision you all dancing and doing jazz hands while kicking legs in air as per Chorus Line!

Appreciate it.

Hope that rash does clear Meesh. I do feel for you..really think antibiotics might help though.

Fairydust x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻❤️❤️❤️💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💕💕special oct thread gold hot pants dance for fairydust hope they get up to what you need lovely for treatment tomorrow 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
Meesh73

Cathysid, 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃👯‍♂️👯👯‍♂️👯Last chemo for you yay! Hope you managed to get to the nativity on time!

Fairydust, a dance for you too 💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻👯‍♂️👯👯‍♂️👯🌟🌈🌟to help get those neutrophils up so you can gave chemo tomorrow!

Rash is still there using the antibiotic cream and antihistamine then will see how it us tomorrow before taking antibiotics 🙁

Fairydust 14

My neutrophils are just too low at 1.4 today, so will be tested again first thing tomorrow morning to see if up to or above 1.5 by then. Doctor says 1.4 not good enough, must be 1.5 (or higher of course!).

Should be doable I hope.

Fairydust x

Fairydust 14

Well done Cathysid...You have every right to feel emotional...when the need takes you..I don't think I would ring a bell either but we don't have one anyway.

Enjoy the nativity. I went to my 7 year old nieces school Carol Singing this afternoon..So sweet!! So well rehearsed and they knew all the songs by heart..really beautiful in their Christmas jumpers and Santa hats, elves ears, tinsel and reindeer antlers..as you do when you're 7! 

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cathysid 👏👏👏👏👏well done last one 😘😘😘enjoy the nativity. 💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

Good evening!
That’s it - 6 of 6 TCHP done!!!!
Had a 10% reduction in T as my fingertips have gone numb after the 5th treatment. Hoping now it won’t get worse.
I didnt make a fuss about last chemo and didn’t ring the bell! Part of me, of course, wonders if I will be back on the chemo ward one day, much as I hope I won’t be!
I feel I have an emotional week coming up.

Well, if I can get through this horrendous rush hour traffic I will make it to the theatre on time to see the kids nativity! Thought I was going to miss it.

Enjoy your good days ladies,
Cx
CK

Hi ladies
Thank godness its not rainig today!! Forgot to put paper bin out but only half full, never mind. This Doxataxol has done somethng to my memory for sure!!! Looks like this awful taste when eating is going to carry on until next cycle:(
On the EC it went after one week. Oh well, at least Im eating!

Fairydust
Good luck with bloods and treatment hopefully tomorrow. My last next Tuesday🤞 but not too bothered about Xmas anyway so will rest up.xx

Meesh
I wont see him again soon as the course has ended but I'm sure the MacMillan at the centre will advise him. I have two patches on my face and the cream and Elizaberh Arden seens to be helping. The watches are warm too so deffo a SE from T. Temp fine. I wear a little concealer when going out.xx

Whytefawn, hope your SE are ok a week after first T and Chaffinch, hope alls well b4 next treatment.xx

Shi
Thanks for the advice. Ive noted! Op not til 22nd Jan so have a few weeks to recover from treatment. Ive only got smallies so not sure if will need a bra. Hope you are coping too.xx

Cathysid
Hoping all goes well today and the SE are easy for Christmas!.xx

Ali, hipe you are enjoying your good week b4 next weeks treatment.xx

Jow, Mrs Meow, ..lets try to make the most of the next few days b4 treatment next week and hope its all nice and smooth for all of us🤞🤞🤞
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck, tatyana tip for the udderly smooth with added urea cream off amazon for hands and feet it’s really good and all the May thread used it too. Fairydust hope bloods go well today lovely 😘😘😘ck have you got your post op bras ready? Also take lip balm as your lips dry out a lot and handcream. Also if you’ve not been given a small pillow for under arm post op, one of those smiley emoji ones is a good size, a pack of baby wipes are nice to keep fresh with too post surgery. Sliders for feet rather than slippers (more hygienic) wishing everyone 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Morning! 

Wow, sunny day here, cold but sparkling!

Off to get my blood test done this morning pre chemo tomorrow.

Hoping my neutrophils are high enough this time from the 0.6 it was last week. Otherwise chemo next week which is not good just before Christmas..but needs must if so. It will be my first T! I am so pleased no more FEC, hated it so much by the 3rd cycle of FEC. 

Thinking of you all as you go through your day..Good luck Cathysid if your last chemo..Hope all goes well and it isn't too sad a day emotionally, you've been through a lot and must be thinking back to when it all started..but still more to do. You can do it.

Fairydust x

jow

Morning al

sorry to hear re rash Meesh- I’ve had rash on face hands and feet this round of T and have used everything- aveno, canested, fucidin etc. They are all a fair bit better and my ‘aunt sally’ look not as prominent now thankfully. Sometimes it is a bit of trial and error

Cathy is it your last chemo today??  Hope it goes ok.  Realise not really the end as you need to get thru the side effects but still a bit of a landmark.

have a good day all

Jo 

Meesh73

Morning ladies!

CK, that bloke should really get some advice as it is against the law to sack someone because of cancer that is discrimination. Macmillan do a free advice booklet on it as I picked one up at my local centre. However, in saying that when I read it I did think that if they wanted to get rid of me or not promote me they could probably think up a different excuse.

I woke up yesterday with a rash across my boobs, went into onc unit to get it checked. Bloods were ok, doctor had no idea what it was but prescribed antiobiotics, fungal cream and antihistamines. I haven't taken the antibiotics yet as I'm reluctant to take them just for the sake of it especially as bloods were all ok and I reckon it's most likely heat rash from all the hot flushes or an allergic reaction to something. I used the cream and took an antihistamine last night and it is marginally better today so I'm going to continue with that today and see how it is tomorrow before taking the antiobitics if it's still there. 

I hope everyone's SEs are now easing and that you've got good days planned!🌟🦄🌈🌈🦄🌟💫🦄🌟🌟

CK

Hi ladies
Had a lazy day today, just sleeping and resting! Last night was a late one as went on our annual pub walkabout with the old townies in Manchester. I managed 5 with no alcohol! How good is that?

Fairydust
I know what you mean about hot and cold! If I have heating on all night Im too hot. If off , too cold so Im using a portable heater until it comes on in thr morning. My aunt sally red cheeks are constant now! X

Mishy
Thanks for update wirh rads, thats in my diary next year after my op in January. Hope you are still doing well and not too tired.xx

Ali
Glad you are msking the most of your good days! Cramming 3 weeks into 2 weeks can be difficult though for me but we work round it👍

Chaffinch
I agree at least in Winter we get away with bobble hats as everyone is wearing them too. In Sept at the start I got 'Is kt bad hair day?' And didnt know how to respond! And the coughing and sneezing without holding their mouths is so annoying. I run a mile! Its money which we dont think about! We dont know where its been, so now i have sanitiser in my handbag and use every time I handle money👍
Jow
You seem to be doing well too which is great to hear and lots of cooking. Ive been lazy on the cooking side as taste buds have been asking for fried stuff and fish n chips. Not too healthy but adding some home made smoothies in. Im using Elizaberh Arden 8 hour cream on my face as have a couple of dry sensitive patches and the diprobase and Aveeno isnt helping! A crack on my heel but fine after a couple of soaks! And well done for getting a gardener. Its too much and too cold! Enjoy your break Im hopefully good enough to work on Xmas eve after last treatment next week.xx

Mrs Meow
Glad you enjoyed the reflexology! I just love it and dont understand when people cringe at the thought of it. Yes, the centre is fab so Im raising for them this Friday! Enjoy your break too! I will get to do mine in January hopefully after the busy New Years Eve!

I hope the rest of you are wearing yourselves out with Xmas shopping etc. People will understsnd if you cant get out or cant afford it as off work etc.

I was talking to a service user at the Cancer centre and he isnt in a good place as he works for British Gas and they have given him 6 months half pay and then will be laid off after a year if not back. He said his lady boss was just very rude and horrible to him throughout and I'm wondering why? Either shes never come across anyone close with cancer(which is hard nowadays as its one in 2) or shes just a hardfaced cow(sorry) but he didnt choose to be ill and I hope she doesnt get ill either!!!
Another lady's husband left her 3 weeks ago and shes been given all clear after one year. She should be celebrating but instead shes very down, not eating and losing weight but whatever we say cant help her. He was telling her he loved her just b4. Very strange. I hope hes just going through a tough time and sees his senses. Then its whether she will tske him back or not.
Just being diagnosed with this C is difficult in itself but it does bring so many other difficult situations to people lives, it makes me so sad. Not everyone has a partner to lean on, or in a situation to not work partner or not and if youve never been on benefits ever, its another one to cross! We dont need any added stress with treatment but life on the whole is full of ups and downs and I realky do think it can be stress related.

Anyway, enough of my deep thinking. Night night ladies. I can hear the rain outside si Mrs Meow wont be flying past in her nighty with her cat to say hi to Merlot tonight😁😁
Chaffinch17

I think on balance winter is better because we can cook off if needed and the perfect excuse to wear hats and hunker down when we need to without feeling like we are missing out in too much. I have a sort of daylight rule, that’s when jobs get done once it’s dark it’s sit down time. Very short days at the moment!
Glad that you got to the nativity reboot and sorry that you will miss yours Ruth x
You do get very sensitive about coughing sneezing people. I was standing in the queue at the local post office this afternoon and the old lady in front of me started coughing and I immediately turned away and buried my face in my scarf. I think she only had a tickle poor woman 🙄
Fairydust 14

Hello All...glad you're all coping in this brrr weather we are having...keeping the house warm is making me too hot, yet too cold if I turn it down..can't win. Is it worse going through treatment in the winter or the summer I wonder? Although wish no one had to go through it at all.

MrsMeow, you are a chemo moon  traveller, it's actually really heartening to know you are still enjoying getting out and relaxing with your OH. You are a marvel.

Hi Mishy, welcome, good to know how you are doing...welcome your advice 're Rads, you have all our support as you go through it. Talk to us anytime.

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Good to hear from you Mishy and really helpful to hear how rads are as they are creeping into our minds as the end of chemo approaches x
Mishy18

Sory fir typos was meant to say does not dies 😲
Mishy18

Hi everyone not been on in a while glad ti see everyone is getting on with treatment and coping ok with SE its a hard slog so pat ob the back is what's called for !! Im onto rads now ladies yes chemo dies come to an end even though it seems never ending can't believe its 6 weeks since my last infusion still have residual SE including neuropathy in finger tips weeping hot flushes and dodgy nails still really tired at times so being kind to myself as the rads SE is tiredness which is cumulative, just to let you all know that its very doable i eas nervous before I started treatment but its fine having 3rd session tomorrow git cream off hospital to use as skin becomes dry and red similar to sun burn i have been told at least when you all start the snow will be gone another draw back for me having daily trips to hospital in this weather the hospital have arranged ambulance transport for me as im not a driver and family all at work for now lots if virtual hugs 🤗🤗🤗🤗 keep voing ladies 💖💪💪💪
Ali49

CK well done! Your fundraising is amazing and so is your energy!

After being in hospital and coming home i got up today feeling good and made my mind up to make the most of the 8 days before next treatment! So i posted cards, bought more, had a lovely walk with my sis in law, rearranged furniture (as i do every Christmas), and went into town and had tea with my daughter. I love the normal days!!

Still on my anti biotics and seeing onc nurse tomorrow before treatment before next week.

Shi hope its treating you kindly and Cassie i was exactly like you and in a couple of days the pains will, hopefully, be gone.

I still have a sore mouth and a bit of a blotchy face but am otherwise ok.

And i agree that the good day after T are good xxx

Chaffinch17

I only steamed mine for 6 hours because I did two smaller ones. It would make one really huge centrepiece for a large family but the half sized generously fed 7 of us last year
Chaffinch17

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2239689/Christmas-Pippa-Favourite-family-traditions.html
Christmas pud recipe as requested CathySid. It has got 50g flour but the rest is almonds
Cathysid

jow and Mrs M - glad the chemo moons continue. Cornwall and the lakes, another two of my favourite places!

Ck- wow you have raised so much money- amazing! It will make a big difference.

Chaffinch - live the idea of a Xmas pud using ground almond instead of flour! Can you pop the recipe on?

Shi - hope T is kind to you.

I’ve got an ultrasound this week so they can plan my surgery and locate my marker.
Will order some bras from Asda, too and try and finish Xmas shopping before chemo 6.

Eye streaming today with the cold! And twitchy eyelids. Difficult to see through the blur of tears!

Lots of love everyone and Christmas spirit(put our tree up today, it’s 7ft!!! Biggest one we’ve ever had!), cx
MrsMeow

Reflexology was lovely - lady got the time wrong and I thought after all this time and being told it was coming when it wasn't that it still wasn't going to happen but she just misremembered the timing so it was this afternoon instead - so very grateful to have something just for me in all this madness - and another session booked too. How kind of the charity. Temperature is behaving which is good as it is way too cold to be running round in nighties tonight haha I will share that the good news in my experience is that the good days post T are better than the good days ever were on FEC - I have 9 days to make the most of - and am booking another chemo-moon as we speak - this one is for OH as he is by his own admission exhausted - so a hotel that will feed him piles of meat for brekkie will be just the job - and in the lake district for me for the views (and the lovely beer which seems to be the latest tipple!) I hope others feel the same on T and that ladies just starting T after FEC are reassured that there can be good news although everyone is different is nice to spread a good story in this nightmare of SE Right am off to booking.com - am pretending have not just been made redundant as will worry about that next year... we need a treat! x
Meesh73

Hello ladies! I hope you t-ers are starting to feel less achey. Like Chaffinch I hate fec but don't like the sound of t at all, you're all so brave and doing really well.

CK that's amazing fund raising especially during treatment too you really are an inspiration. I managed to work from home today, mainly catching up on emails and chatting through what I've missed over the last week but felt worse today than I have since chemo last Tuesday! 

MrsMeow, glad the injections are finished for you!

Hope everyone is managing to stay warm and cosy! 😊

Chaffinch17

Hope the aches pass soon for you T ladies. I’m hating FEC but really don’t like the sound of T SEs.
Well done on the fundraising CK and in answer to your question about how many puddings I made, the answer is 2. I make 2 every 2 years eat one that year then the second one the next. The one that I make matures beautifully 😊. The recipe is in a book called Celebrate a collection of recipes by Pippa Middleton. I was sceptical the first time I made them thinking what will she know, like the lady in the charity shop where I bought the book, was but it’s a very traditional recipe full of dried fruit, fresh apple and grated carrot and ground almonds rather than flour. It is the best I’ve eaten so I took back my preconceptions!
Hope that you are all staying warm today x
WhyteFawn

Well done CK that's amazing fund raising!

I am now day 5 after first T. Aches and pains have been tough last couple of days. Also very tired but not sleeping great cos of the aches. Had some paracetamol and a nap and feeling a bit brighter.

Hope everyone is doing well today x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck fantastic with all the fund rising and great news about gene testing for future generations. Thanks again for all the help now I’ve switched to t, as always really appreciate it. 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
jow

Wow, that’s loads of money- we’ll done CK! Did you have very long hair? X
jow

Ah yes Mrs Meow, I can identify with that.  I’m quite a bit better time with my  reduced dose of T (although nowhere near CK stamina levels!), so husband asked me to walk boys to school today. It was so cold and my eyes stream night and day anyway, so combined with the freezing wind and carrying scooters uphill, it was an ordeal.   Maybe  I should say I feel terrible then I can hide in bed! 

My my feet are pretty painful, red and cracked heels and a couple of blisters on toes- guessing a mild version of hand foot syndrome.  I’m using Flexitol which has 25% urea but seems pretty resistant. Cheeks are very rosy and now sore too- not sure the steroids or odensatron can be blamed at day 12 .  People keep telling me I look well..... One more enlightened person said to me, “you look well Jo but how do you feel”.

Re bras- I had my mastectomy before chemo (which means I have no way of knowing if the chemo is working). I wore Asda crop top type bras for a few weeks post op.  It wasn’t a problem getting them on after the first few days- and you do need to keep you arm exercised. I then moved to Asda front fastening ones- these were very good value and comfortable. For me the surgery wasn’t nearly as  hard as this chemo. Drain wasn’t pleasant though.  

I’ve paid a lovely gardener today to sort out the front garden and plant bulbs- I’ve not managed to do anything since July. There is no way I could manage that right now and husband is not keen.  I guess one of the many hidden costs of cancer........

I have however ever managed to make bread sauce, red cabbage and gravy for Christmas, anticipating that I will spend a lot of that day in bed.  My sense of taste has only really now at round 5 started to be affected so who knows if they taste ok.  Wouldn’t matter if it was just my family but I have made it for a friend too. She’ll be too polite to complain!

Glad you had fun at the wedding Cathy- yes the no eyelash/eyebrow look does give a more distinctive chemo patient appearance.  I can’t be bothered to do all the make up thing and eyes too teary .  I have a work do on Thursday so perhaps should make the effort then .

Sorry to Hera you’ve been in hospital Ali, but great you had your own room and enforced rest. 

No snow has settled here, much to my children’s disappointment.  We are planning a chemo moon down in Rock- a place in Cornwall full of rich people but think even less likelihood of snow there. Staying in a friend’s holiday home (not posh) .  I’m so desperate to see the sea!

Love,

Jo 

CK

Hi ladies! A beautiful sunny day in Stockport today, although cold last night and first the first time had the heating on all night. Im meeting Prevent Breast Cancer fundraisering lady today (based in the Nightingale Centre in Wythenshawe hospital)to hand over £2120 making our total now of £4136. They have found a treatment for the future generation if genetics in rhe family! This will indeed help towards preventing BC in future generations👍

Then next Monday I'm presenting £2000 to MacMillan nurses from cutting off my hair. Now in process of organising next Fridays event for my local Cancer Care Centre🤗

I'm so proud to have raised this throughout treatment. Thank you to some ladies who have donated and for all the kind words of support when raising too😘😘

Mrs Meow
Enjoy your reflexology! I have it every Tuesday and always wake myself up with a snore which sounds like a grunt! Remember to put your thermals on under your nightie if you are going to fly by tonight altjough the the reflexology will make you want to sleep:)My last crcle is Tuesday 19th this time, a day forward. Fingers crossed for us both and Jow too🤞🤞

Shi
How are you feeling after T? Hopefully manageable and dancing. I started it off for you at Bananarama!

Chaffinch
I had double helping of Christmas pud and white sauce at the meal. How many did you make😉

Ali, Sue, Meesh, Fairydust, Cathysid, Jow, Rhonaboat, ChasnDave, Rosie, Whytefawn, Jencat, Mishy, Karen, Buddy and the rest of us troopers, I
hope you are fitting things in b4 next cycle and fighting thtough this battle🛡 We will win🥇and look forward to meeting up later in 2018 for celebrations🎉👍
Chaffinch17

Enjoy your pampering MrsMeow x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mrs meow that reflexology sounds lovely, you enjoy it 😘😘😘hope you were not out in your nighty last night it was a bit brrrr. 💕💕shi xx
MrsMeow

Cathy your wedding sounds delightful in the frost - and so glad you are home Ali
Have finally shaken off the ten injections so today will be injection free yeehah! Looking forward to some normal days before next Wednesday- though is funny the more normal I try to behave at home the more gets left to me to do haha- I suppose I would worry if nobody needed me. There is a lovely lady from a charity coming to do something wonderful with my feet this morning - this reflexology is the only extra curricular offering so far from the hospital in 6 months so am delighted - thought they had forgotten about us- turns out the 3 times they said a referral had gone in for makeup sessions etc it never had - and of course you don't like to chase in case people in more need being seen first. So it will be lovely to be spoiled for an hour
Hope you are all keeping warm today xx
Jay68
Community Champion

Cathysid - a tip for cracked skin - highly recommended Udderly Smooth (with urea) - can buy on Amazon - us May ladies who used it, are still using it!

The crusty eyes are a common se too - they do eventually get better..!

Mention numb fingertips to onc if you haven't already - meds can be adjusted - you don't want permanent damage.

Good luck for your final chemo on Thursday - a bit of light at the end of the tunnel is clearly in sight x