Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

ladybowler
Community Champion

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

CK

Good to hear that you have finally started looking after you and it looks as if your wonderful daughter is going to be covering your back to make sure you are able to continue to do so.  Perhaps yoru cousin will think more about the impact she has on others in future

xxx

blueash
Community Champion

Mishy I can recommend Biofine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biafine-271164-Emulsion-hydratante-186g/dp/B017NMJKL2/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UT...

I was having 15 rads and 8 boosts and when I found out that they give you this only if you burn I treated myself to it and never did get any problems. Well actually I got a break in the skin under my arm BUT that was my fault because I did not know the beam went there so did not apply the cream there! You are supposed to rub the cream as high as your collar bone, under your arm and a handspan beneath your breast.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck, this is the wake up call to rest and take better care of ourselves, sounds like everyone of us has Burnt ourselves out and it bit us on the tit this year didn’t it. Glad your daughter stepped it and you got off and had a bath and rest, I admire that you have managed to work during chemo, it does fool people into thinking you are 110% which is why they just don’t get what’s actually going on and how the tiredness can just come on and you need to rest and have peace and quiet and a good chat on the forum with all the amazing strong kind caring lovely ladies on here who fully understand 😘😘😘love you take it steady darling 💕💕shi xx
CK

Ive been so lazy the past few days but I think its done me good. Quite liking the sleep and eat whenever I want bit and napping whilst watching TV. I think in these 6 months since diagnosis Ive rested more than in 6 years!
Even though this is rubbish Im actually thinking positively and that its done me good in a way so that Im more aware of my health and having to stand back a bit, as Ive had no choice.I did get frustrated not veing able to attend lots of dos but there will be plenty of time for that! Im not doing rbings to please people now, its me time! They can all sod off😂😂😂

I have a cousin who I love but is very laid back and whenever I ask a question she never answers quickly or straight to the point! It can be frustrating as Im quite impatient and want things done. The orher day I wasnt feeling too well and she turned up at work. I was going to leave b4 she got there but then I thought Id best stay until she got there and then see if she wanted to come home with me and my daughter. I was feeling crap with the T and cough and cold and rsally needed to get away. I asked her 3 times, would you like to order some food and bring it home as I will be fine once Im home its just the crowd and noise I cant tolerate. She didnt answer on 3 occasions so I then snapped and said will you please make your mibd up, Im going hime now as I need to think about me! You are not helping me! My daughter then took over and said mum you go first and we will order food and follow. I couldnt leave fast enough, got straight into the bath and felt so much better! Really cant be doing with undecisive people too at rhe moment. My patience and tolerance is very low. Oh deary me🤔

Hi Mishy
My friend told me to get Aloe Vera gel and stick it in the fridge, then after each session to puts loads on.
Oh no...the dreaded cough and cold doesnt help but all we can do is hope for it to go soon.x

Ali, any lous, sharp noises really irritaye me! My patience levels are 0 at the moment so just asxwell Im stuck at home. Rhe red cheeks are keeping me in.x

Fairydust
Love rhat knew name dor Merlot...Merlin! Maybe he can do some magic and make us well very soon👍
You will soon get yours....and maybe thats the name Merlin🤗🤗🤗

Hi Meesh
Only one more to go!!! Whats up with your cat? Maybe just not getting enough attention😂
I often wondered too whether the seabands helped but I always wore them for the first week and didnt feel sick at all. Lets just think they help and rheres no harm in wearing them. Hope you dont suffer any SEs.xx
Mishy18

Skin under arm is ded and itchy now hace a sore nipple too have been given sone gel to use as well as the cream to help one more if my breast/axilla rads then 5 boosters to go!! So not long now feeling tjred now too but i think in coming down with a cold which is probably making me feel worse the rads are very doable in comparison to the chemo so don't worry about starting them
Ali49

Ck glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and hope your cheeks improve soon.

Day 3 night 3 and i can feel the tiredness coming! My tastebuds are on the way out too! I have visited family today but rested too. I habe really felt the need for quiet tonight as every bit of noise was making me feel annoyed.

Anyway, heres hoping we can all.get a good nights sleep! Good night God bless xx
Fairydust 14

Hi CK, glad you feel back human again. Really hope the blotches disappear when the antibiotics kick in. They sound awful for you and so not what you need right now. Glad you and your daughter have some giggles though. I adore Merlin. Glad he's looking out for you in his own cat way.. he's probably all confused, poor little cat.. 🙂

Cathysid, I do feel for you too. I need quiet at all times these last days, and so I can understand how you feel in a house full of people. Go to the loo and stay in there with headphones on perhaps...if I could I'd send some noise cancelling headphones to you..

Fairydust x

Meesh73

Evening ladies! Had fec 5 on Wednesday, terrible acid that night even with my omeprazole, then got up in the morning and realised I'd forgotten to put on my seabands after I'd bathed the night before 🙄 Still not sure if they make a difference, but have been ok since then.

Sorry to hear some of you have been having a rough time if things. 

CK, hope your cheeks and eyelids get better soon.

Fairydust, I sometimes think it's better to rant on here than to our loved ones who don't understand but are just worried about us and trying to do their best.

Cathysid, I hope you find some peace and quiet to get the recovery you need. Ali's idea is a good one, is there someone who could have your kids fir a sleepover to let you and OH get some rest.

Jow, enjoy your Indian vegan banquet and Mrs Meow the venison leg sounds 😋😋😋

My cat has not been quite so attentive this time round ☹️obviously bored of the nursing job now! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

CK

Hi ladies
I finally got a good nights sleep last night as the cough seems to have eased off a bit! Sore throat has gone thank goodness!
The two red blotches on my cheeks and eyelids are slill here so hopefully the anti biotics will kick in soon! Its quite itchy and uncomfortable and the Piriton make me drowsy.
Otherwise apart from a bit of a fuzzy feeling in my head, I seem to be feeling human again🤞🤞
The aches and pains have gone but feeling a bit weak from the cough and cold and hopefully the Liver and onions with mash which I could finally taste went down very well!
I will need to build up my energy now and try to do some exercise.

Ali
Hope number 2 will be kind to you and number 3!
You have done so well. If it wasnt for the cough and cold I wouldnt have felt so bad on final one so really do try to sat away from anyone with one.x

Cathysid
Recovering in a mad household sounds so tiring with what we are going through and kids off school isnt ideal but hopefully you will soon be feeling human again and the kids will be back to school. Ive not been able to tolerate any noise and crowds so stsying at home has been the vest for me. I havent been anywhere throughout treatment as didnt want to be out of my comfort zone. Work has been my escape but when Im back on form I will try and get away a bit more.xx

Fairydust and Mrs Meow
Emotions are high and the tears are still popping out time to time. Its a mixture of emotions but it feels good to cry and even better when my daughter cries with me, we both end up giggling afterwards!!!

Poor Merlot hasnt a clue whats going on but Im sure he thinks hes protecting me as he kerps checking up on me. I think hes thinking 'I'd much rather sleep on this bed than the sofa any day!'
He keeps touching my cheek very gently with his paw when Im lying down, its so sweet! I peep at him and he actually looks sympathetic.

Jow
How long was your face red for? It doesnt seem to be shifting yet! Probably needs a couple of days for the tablets. How are you?x

Shi
Hope you are coping well and cats are looking after you too. Hope the T goes easy on you and you will soon be done.xx

Mishy
Hope you are getting plenty of rest from the rads. Has it affected your skin at all?x
Ali49

Hi Cathysid, yes i had my 2nd dox, herceptin and pertuzemab on wednesday. Feeling tired today and mouth is going but not too bad so far on day 3!!

It sounds like you really do need a break. Could someone have the kids for the day for you or have them for a sleepover? It makes all the difference and people really might not know you need them to do that if you dont ask or tell them. I really hope you and your OH feel better soon. Xx

Hope you are feeling better after a good cry Fairy. It os the come down from the steroids i'm sure.

Hope everyone else is doing ok today xc
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cathysid big hug and ❤️❤️❤️Being sent to you, you’ve a lot on your plate, jump on here and rant it all out to us we are here for you. Not long till you will be fighting for little by little each day, just do what you can, try and keep stress down, it’s whats probably caused this for us in the first place raised cortisol or something caused by stress. Look after yourself first for once because I bet you are just like the rest of us always putting everyone else first and you are way down in the list. Love you darling, and look after you 💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

Big hugs Ck and fairydust,
Ck- your cheek burns sound painful. Hope they heal quickly for you.
Fairydust- it’s so true what you say. I do wish the people who offer help would actually step up to give real help when we needed it! And wouldn’t it be great if people could see how tired and worn out we really are, than they may have more sympathy. Everyone seems to think that as I’ve had my last chemo I’m better, actually emotionally I have never felt worse! I am so tired and have such a short fuse I can barely cope with the kids. My partner is still getting over flu so he’s the same. Our house is not a fun place to be!!! Kids going stir crazy and parents set to explode or collapse. What I need is a quit place to rest and recouperate. Oh well. No chance of that.

Jow , shi, fairydust and Mrs m - Hope you are doing ok. Ali - have you had your chemo now too?

Geordie- hope you’ve rested up after the great adventure up north,

Love cx
Fairydust 14

CK. How are you doing today?

Fairydust 14

Thanks Shi, Mishy, MrsMeow.

I honestly didd need to let it out and as Shi says, no-one except you wonderful ladies and all the other ladies on here will possibly understand as your replies have confirmed.

Had a good sob to myself and feel like I've got a weight off my shoulders now. I am an emotional, steroid filled, chemo brained misery today, but that's just part and parcel of our mystery  journey. 

Night all and sleep as well as you possibly can.

Fairydust xxx

MrsMeow

Fairydust your writing is amazing as it gets to the heart of how it feels to be in this crappy situation- you always hit the spot when you describe how you feel - but you are right it is probably easier to be clear on here and always more difficult with family and friends. You really struck me when you said about others feeling good about themselves - I have been so irritated when my adult family members say it is so hard for them to look after me yet I think it is startlingly easy- just ask me what I need....I am not a difficult patient !
Shi glad you are getting cat cuddles - you need lots of cuddles after your worrying day x no more shoe buying mind!
Mishy hope you are getting quality rest from your rads.
Have a good night all x x
Ali49

Ck i do hope your cream works wuickly and you soon feel better. Thank God you've had the last 9ne hey!!

Take care of you chick xxx
Mishy18

Shi how lovely of your cats mines been quite clingy while ive been having treatment and shes a grouchy old thing at the best of times my dog on other hand is just a bug hunk of cuddles constantly 💖
Fairy i know how you feel i still don't think anyone actually gets how 💩 treatment makes us feel even though im shattered with rads everyone thinks oh doesn't she look well shes got sone hair well actually im bloody knackered and no i can't be bothered to trail all over to make you feel better that im "much better" 😝
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fairydust darling no so glad you got all that off your wings 😘😘the only people who truly understand ever facet of this journey are the amazing strong beautiful ladies in these threads, unless you are going through or have been on this journey you will never ever even start to understand in any way what this journey does to you, mentally, physically and spiritually. Friends and family mean well but the only ones who know you and understand you in every aspect are people on here. 💕💕shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks ck, Merlot and Mrs meow 😘😘mmm think when mishy said t is for twat the other week she was spot on. I will wait to see what onc says before my 3rd and final one in jan. Think Merlot sent cat vibes to my cats as they were very very snuggley this evening much more so than usual and both over me at same time, they only get like that when they can sense I need big ❤️❤️❤️Amazing cats aren’t they, they pick up on your emotions. 💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

MrsMeow, a venison leg sounds enormous! If that doesn't help your red blood cells nothing will. You go girl.

But what I also want to say is that I agree, with what you say about permissions to refuse visitors or to visit others. It is so empowering but makes me feel guilty too.. No matter how I try, I cannot explain to my family how chemo makes me feel. I've given out the Macmillan books but it's not got through. I don't need food being cooked for me when I have no tastebuds or everything tastes rubbish,. I don't want to watch movies with people when all I want is to be alone  in my own home near my own toilet. I am not lonely when I'm alone. My stomach ache isn't because I ate too much ice cream which is all I can eat today. I don't want to talk and be entertaining, nor do I want to be entertained. I can't make plans week's or even days ahead as I don't know how I will feel in the next hour. I don't want everybody queuing up to go to chemo or hospital visits with me and looking at me disappointingly when I say I don't need anyone with me all the time at every appointment. I don't know why I can't explain how I feel. I seem to hurt people by not wanting to talk. 

It's my cancer but I can't share it about equally so everyone feels they are helping me and can feel good about themselves. I can't help being irritable sometimes. When I say No to something, I don't need convincing to change my mind. 

I can't educate on chemo se`s, but please listen to me even when I don't speak. 

There, I've said what I can't say to my family. Feels a little better..

Fairydust 😞 

MrsMeow

Shi and CK what dramatic days you have had - T is a witch isn't she? I have had styes on each eye each t cycle - not this one yet but was later in the round - I didn't need anything to treat and they settled - my eyes were itchy and red with the stye and think that was even in the 'good' week which was very rude of them. Merlot the cat will still love you no matter how blotchy you are at least - my cat loves me today as I have cooked a whole venison leg in the kitchen - apologies to the vegans amongst you but the meat will be good for my blood count and was yummy.
Geordie and Cathy hope you are ok after your journeys - as a geordie myself am biased that the north is very therapeutic with its scenery and beaches etc!
Jo your banquet sounds superb we will be joining you in spirit - quite a few of us should be emerging through the other side of SE by hogmanay
Fairydust and Ali hope you have had a good day- and all others hanging on in there - wondering if others are as exhausted as I am - totally paying for excesses of Christmas but would do it all the same again - in a positive way there has been something almost liberating about having permission to decide who visits and who doesn't and how many social occasions to accept or refuse - maybe we will all emerge from this nightmare better able to stick up for ourselves xx
CK

Hi Shi
Gosh, glad you got through it with the drug going in slower. They did that with me on number 2 T.
No , its like Ive put res eyeshadow on my eyelids and rhe two red patches actually cover my cheekss. Yesterday it stood out more, today ofter Allergy tablets and Anti biotics the redness has kind of blended in and ots warm to touch. My temp is fine though so no infection. It did look as if Ive been burnt but wirh no blisters.
Hope you are ok Shi🤞🤞🤞😾😾😾Merlot sends his love😘😘
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck crikey you’ve had a day of it, sorry to hear this. Well t 2 today and had a reaction to it, it was 😳😳😳i went hot, my chest tightened and lights flashed in front of my eyes it all happened so quick, but I told them as soon as I felt my chest go tight and they stopped it put me on another drip for 30 months Bs then restarted the t over a longer period of time. I flipping 💩 myself I won’t lie. Ordered a couple of pairs of shoes online when I got home, I need some therapeutic shopping after that today. I really wasn’t expecting that as 1st t went in ok 3 weeks ago. Ck the redness on eyelid, did it look like a stye starting to come? I just ask because I’ve noticed a bit of reddening on my eyelids over last week. Thanks 💕💕shi xx
CK

Hi ladies
After another night of non stop coughing and no sleep and 2 massive red patches on my cheeks I got myself to rhe GP this morning. She spoke ro my Chemo nurse on the phone there and then and it could be allergic reaction to the T or Cellulitus as my eyelid has gone red too! So the same anti biotics for rhe chest and the rash, Cetraben cream(2 massive tubs) and some allergy tablets.
Jow
I had small red patches on my cheeks last time but this time cover both cheeks which is a pain as I really do look like aunt sally!!! Yummy! Vegan Indian. We have served some of this at work! I hid behind my scarf this morning and blamed it on my cold, saying didnt want anyone to catch it! I just wanted to go to docs get my prescription and go home where no one can see me apart from my daughter abd Merlot the cat! Yes, this final cycle isnt letting us off lightly at al.....but we will get there! Hang in there👍

Im so frustrated I cant go to work tonight! Ive gog to be sensible😧

Geordie
What an emotional gathering but nice! We really do need to see more of loved ones when we can.
We arent going anywhere yet!!! Confidence Im sure will come back but will take time and there is more treatment to come.x

Fairydust, Ali, Mrs Meow, Cathysid, Shi...hope you are all hanging in there! Kick ass!!! We are getting there😘😘😘

jow

Wow- what a trip Geordie, and well done for surviving it, and how sweet of your husband.

CK my face was similar last round. I ended up using a variety of creams- antifungal, hydrocortisone, fucidin (antibiotic) and moisturisers. It did get better but who knows which helped. Hands and feet also went red but just used urea based moisturiser on those. My skin is ok so far this round. Nail beds are hurting tho.

Ive also found this 6th round pretty gruelling . Thankfully I wasn’t too bad on Christmas Day and managed a good lunch and some hoovering, but I have slept loads and been in bed a lot, including now.  Really hope I can recover a bit more by New Years Eve- we have 3 sets of friends coming to stay for a vegan Indian ‘banquet’ (sounds better than buffet!) 

Reassuring that others feel a bit fed up with appearance.  I still wear my fake tan moisturiser but eyes too teary for make up.  I’ve tried to get out each day but wear hat plus hoodie and coat with enormous hood so really only my watery eyes are on show.  I wonder how long it takes to look ok again after this ordeal.I really don’t like my podgy pink  face! It does feel hard to have to deal with looking rough on top of dealing with the cancer diagnosis.

Sounds like you had a great Christmas Cathy. Oh how I wish I fancied prosecco! Drinks are a real problem for me at the moment- nothing tastes nice. Husband has just bought me Pepsi and ginger beer so I’ll try those in a bit. Despite taste being off, I’m still eating a lot- mainly biscuits and chocolate.  Partly out of boredom I think.  

Glad it all went ok for you Ali yesterday.  Hope we haven’t scared you about this T. On a positive note, it’s good to know from the advance party of Geordie and Cathy that you do get better . 

Love, jo 

Ali49

Thanks Shi i will. I feel better preapared for it this time - fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞 good luck today Shi. Hope all goes well xx

Geordie i felt emotional just reading your post! Portsmouth to Newcastle - what a journey thw happy they all must have been to see you and how emotiinal for you. Fantastic!! Well done you - now rest and recover xxx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali hope you get on better with t this time, looks like they overdosed you for sure with that first one. It’s certainly a different ball game to the fec, but the up side is there isn’t that flipping fecie smell that keep nd of lingered for a few days after if you know what I mean, I could just smell the chemicals around me could you? Rest up, drink plenty 💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Thanks CK. I will not venture anywhere near them nor anyone else for that matter. Now Xmas is over, my hatches will be battened I think. Not venturing out anywhere not treatment related. Nor accepting visitors if I can help it. Better safe than sorry.

Sorry about your burns CK. Best get it checked out I think. Sounds so not nice so I do worry for you. May it be stress related? You have been a busy bee all through your chemo treatments. Please try and relax!

Fairydust x

Fairydust 14

QOooh Geordie up North, I thought I heard the tinkle of bells up here...must have been you and OH as you twinkled past up to Newcastle. 🙂

Such a lovely thing to do to surprise your family like that..you are truly loved..

I know how overwhelming it must have been and hence emotional for you, as you say. But you made so many people smile, cry happy tears and created a memory they will never forget..

Also, thank you for your advice 're chicken pox. Duly noted and appreciated. It does scare me!

Fairydust x

Geordie doon sooth

Hi everyone

I’ve temporarily been Geordie oop North as my husband drove me from Portsmouth to Newcastle to surprise my family on Christmas Day. It was so lovely to see them and there were lots of tears all around, particularly from my sister who has been amazing throughout all this (she came down to look after me for four of my chemos) and thought she wasn’t going to see me at Christmas. I also hadn’t seen my dad since this all started and he was so happy to see me too. It was lovely but totally overwhelming and so tiring being around so many people at once after months of being a hermit and only seeing people in ones and twos! I never thought I’d make it back home again so soon so I was very emotional too.

Fairydust - I had to ask the chickenpox question a few months ago and was told by onc that I can’t go near anyone who has been in contact with someone with chickenpox for at least two weeks as they could be carrying it even if they’ve had it before. Please be very careful as it’s one of the most dangerous things we could get during chemo.

MrsMeow - it’s brilliant your hair is coming back! I have a few wispy bits too which is great!

CK - I know what you mean about losing confidence to go out. I never used to care about germs or what other people thought but now find myself anxious about leaving the house as I feel so vulnerable. Trying to get on and do it anyway but takes a lot more courage than I think it should! I’m hoping that a few more weeks to recover from chemo and get out of the infection risk period will help! Also, I think our chemos are cumulative so I have definitely struggled more with the last one than all the others put together but I’m coming out the other side now, hopefully for good!

Love to all and hope you’re all doing well xx
CK

Yes deffo avoid Fairydust! Its not worrh chsncing and your immune system is low through treatment so can pick up anything easily. Ive not been anywhere anyone who I know who has has colds through treatment and been able to avoid but now right after final cycle I have a cough and coold which has made me feel a whole lot worse!

Ive now also 2 massive deep red patches on both of my cheeks. They are warm to touch and look like burns. Eyelids a little red too! Had it last cycle on my face and arm but smaller area. This time it looks worse than it is. Im hoping it will go naturally otherwise will need to get to the GP tomoz.

Ali, hope SE are easy abd plenty of rest.
Mrs Meow, hair!!!! Thats great! Hope mine grows back soon!
Cathysid, my taste buds are still rubbish.

Good luck for all treatments this week.

Now for cheesy catch up TV
Night ladies.xx
Ali49

Definitely stay awake from chicken pox fairydust - it is dangerous when on steroids and on chemo xx
Ali49

Treatment went fine today. Feeling ok, just a bit tired now. Found out that i had a double dose of pertuzemab and herceptin last time (a loading dose!) and i am on 75% Docetaxol each time. So ive had half the dose of the 2 and 75% docetaxol today. We will wait and see how my SE's are this time! Hope everyone else is ok after treatment today xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Skype is a good idea fairydust, we are getting there, you can make up for it at Easter 🎊🎊💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Thanks Shi, thanks Mishy. I agree with you both. I will stay away.

Talk to my goddaughter via Skype..

Fairydust x

Mishy18

You can get a nasty case of shingles if you come in contact during chemo so i would stay away at least till you see onc x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fairydust id watch it with the chickenpox thing, it can come out as shingles in older people, I’d ring your bc nurse and check it out with her lovely, just to be on the safe side 😘😘💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Hi. Over Christmas I learned from my mum that I never had chicken pox as a child. My sister's partner has a granddaughter with chickenpox. He intends to see her this week. Does this mean I can't go near him or my sister and her children. She lives with her partner and together have  2 children. One is 30 (they started young) and the other only 7 (quite an age gap I know), and has never had chicken pox either ..yet!

Looking online, I'm confused. I see my oncologist on 2nd Jan and  Will ask him the question. But in meanwhile will stay away from them all! Sad cause the 7 year old is also my goddaughter. Was looking forward to seeing her lots before she went back to school.

Fairydust x

Fairydust 14

Hi Cathysid, the roof of my mouth feels like it's being burned, although it hasn't. Makes eating and taste very difficult. So not enjoying food, Christmas dinner and leftovers had no enjoyment at all.

All  except ice cream and jelly and foods that melt in the mouth which are good. Am trying wotsits at the moment with limited success. I have a milkshake named Nourishment for sustenance, as otherwise belly would grumble which is also annoying. Thank goodness or milkshakes! 

Cathysid

Fairydust - hope you managed your food last night, must keep the strength up! How are you doing today?

Ali - sales on steroids! Could be dangerous! And well done rounding up your family and feeding them all. Sounds like it was a lovely day.

Mrs meow - apart from the bumpy 4x4 ride it sounds like you’ve had a nice Xmas. Great to hear your hair is returning! I have no sign of any regrowing but maybe it’s the carboplatin with my T that’s keeping it away.

Ck- so nice to have those horrible injections behind us!

Well, that’s Xmas done ...New year next!

Cx

Fairydust 14

Oh how serendipitous MrsMeow. Bulbs growing, hair growing. Amazing how nature and life go hand in hand. Time to smell the flowers and enjoy all nature has to offer. 

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Good luck today Ali - hope everyone has a nice day hopefully resting and catching up after overdoing it for the last few. I made it to my parents yesterday for the evening which was lovely and was driven by one of my children as wasn't quite up to driving myself on day 7- was fine being driven but they have a huge jeep thing and I don't think they realised that in the back I was bouncing around over every bump so today I feel like I have spent 3 hours in a washing machine haha- had to take painkillers in the night but as of today have only 5 injections left in total which is fab. Mouth is improving yesterday was probably the worst day for cardboard taste and temp is down too so not having to go Out in the snow in the nightie just yet. The mission in the next few days is to eat all the leftovers in the fridge before the health kick starts next week- my body will go into shock when I stop just eating whatever I fancy but it has to be done as I am huge!
One nice thing that happened on Christmas Day was when we were playing a game with cracker hats and my daughter noticed my hair has started to grow back! My head is always covered and neither me nor OH had really spotted that I have about 3mm of dark hair coming through - I was so excited to spot this on Christmas Day - it has coincided with the bulbs coming up in the tubs in the garden which I planted before I started chemo as a friend said by the time these come through you will be sprouting too- it feels like a lovely beacon of better things to come
Hope everyone's SE are waning - and Cathy you get down the road more gently than you came north - Geordie fairy dust Jow and CK and loads more ladies I have forgotten thanks again for being there and for the tremendous support xx
Ali49

Been up half the night with heartburn after 1st day of steroids! Took omeprazole!

That sleepless night has cost me a good bit 8n the sales! Geez!!!
Ali49

Hi lafies, not 8n bed yet but thsts steroids for you!!

Well.i got to lunch time then phoned family and said come round!! They are all getting old so i couldnt not do it. We had a lovely afternoon and evening. I cooked the turkey, did a buffet, we ate and drank (schloer for me!) And played a board game. I love them and they love me - so all good!!

My best friend who lives in Aus but has been home for Christmas, came round too. He flies to Spain tomorrow to meet his partners family. It was lovely xc

CK hope you feel better tomorrow. I have been using blistec extreme moisturiser on my lips and nose and it has been brilliant. It really helped my sore nose. I have also been using my hubbies big cotton hankies instead of tissues or balsam tissues - just a bit more gentle on the skin.

I went to the shops for a walk today but i just cannotbuy myself anything as i just dont think i look like me!! I have put a bit of weight on and whilst my wig does the job i just dont think th8ngs look right!

I am ready for number 5 tomorrow.

Hope everyone gets a good sleep and has a better day tomorrow xxx

Xxx

Fairydust 14

Hi CK. Well done on your last injection. You're brave and strong. Be proud! Merlot the cat must be protecting you. Being sure to see you come to no harm. I also saw the original Titanic this morning. Was an emotional movie. I almost always prefer the original to a remake. I love classic old movies and musicals, even the odd western where the brave soldier or cowboy saves the town from bandits and gets the girl.

BlueAsh, thanks so much. I have some clarityn,  but thought it may not be strong enough for my pain hence the codeine. Is it ok to take them both together do you think?

Ali, you are a saint. I am not one who can entertain and feed people however, my anxiety would go through the roof, and my cooking and serving skills are non existent. I salute you for doing so much. I personally would not accept an invitation to another's house for Christmas as I would not be able to reciprocate. That's only fair I think. Perhaps a quiet word in your friend's ear might make them realize they are taking you for granted.

Cathysid, again, cooking for 22,would do me in. Well done you. Both you and Ali need to rest. Let others look after you from now on. Please do this as you will likely burn out. I promise I will have more bath soaks. Not a difficult promise to keep. I do love baths. I will make it my treat after a walk which I don't like so much! Hope your little girl feels better.

MrsMeow, glad you enjoyed your beer and bubbles, I have struggled with tastebuds this week, but am thinking of you enjoying all the Christmas delights as you should. Sorry about your throat and bone pain. It is terrible isnt it? But we can do it. Thanks for your support. It helps me a lot. Hope your parents enjoyed Christmas too!

I haven't eaten today so going to attempt some Christmas dinner leftovers my parents gave me. I know it's late but better late than never. Then I'll dose up on codeine and go back to sleep. Been sleeping all day..

Enjoy the rest of your evenings...

Fairydust x

CK

I did my final injection today! Yay!!!! Cant believe I did 42 of rhem on my own when I used to dread needles! Aling with taking bloids I think Ive had ebough practice now!!!👍👍🤗🤗
blueash
Community Champion

Those of you getting bone pain must get some claritin hay fever tablets, here's why:

http://myangrycancer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/claritin-is-worth-its-weight-in-gold.html

I do try and tell everyone but some of you have obviously escaped!!

I finished my chemo last year but I still lurk around and help where I can. This will soon be behind you xxx

CK

Hi ladies
A lovely sunny day here in Stockport! I was invited to a corporate meal at Stockport County but a sleepess night with this cough and cold and sharp achey pain isn't going to allow me. My cheeks are even redder from the T, a bit like the burns I got on my arm. It looks like a day at home but Im not complaining. I just want to be better for New Years Eve!
As Carhysid says, my body and appearance has changed so much and I cant help it but keep loiking in the mirror! Bald head, red patchy cheeks, veins on forehead sticking put, dark circles under eyes, red eyelids, red nose from blowing...not a pretty sight! All the more for not wanting to go out! Alrhpugh a bit of make up and a wig nakes a big difference to look and confidence.

Watching the old Titanic now, bit different to the latest and looking forward to Travel Man in Hong Kong 8pm C4 tonight.

Merlot the cat made some really strsnge noises in his sleep last night and today he seems on edge and keeps looking at rhe door. Im wondering if he can see things we cant see! If you believe in that kind of thing:0 My psychic once did say does he go beserk now and ten as if hes seen something...otr maybe its just a cat thing😾

Ali
Well done for putting yourself first and you would have rhought that someone whos been to tours for the past few years would have invited you this year!
Anyway, so what if not! Relax and chill at home and prepare yourself for tomorrow. All the best with treatment.xx

Cathysid
I was hoping to go for a walk but feel too tired so Im going to laze again today. Regards alcohil Ive just not wanted any at all which is a good thing as I have a huge bar with everything and it doesnt appeal to me. Maybe a whisky with honey, lemon and hot water later!
Gosh, cant imagine cooking for 22!!! Ive always had chefs to do that. I wouldnt be able to cope at home with my small oven. Well done you!x

Mrs Meow
See you flying by soon in your nighty. Did you get a new one for Xmas wirh all this flying?? I think we are going through similar SE and emotions. The sore throat and cough is a pain at night and the aches and pains are as you described to your OH!!!
Hope your parents enjoy their rime with you.xx

Fairydust
I hope you feel better soon. Codeine should help and lots of siaks. Ask OH to give you a light massage. It does help. No moving furniture through this T. I was up to in the middle of the night too but switched my phone off. At the moment there is no day or night. I just nap and eat when I feel like it.xx

Anyway, wherever you are and whatever you are doing, tey to enjoy the rest of the festive season.

Lots of love ladies! Hang in there! We will get through this with the support of each orher😘😘
Cathysid

Mrs M - glad you managed to have a lovely couple of days of indulgence and are enjoying food, despite all the aches and pains.

Ali - hope tomorrow goes well and good luck avoiding the vomiting bug. One my sisters little ones has started vomiting too. It started last night. We are all still sharing a house so another bug to fend off! I didn’t catch the fever virus so hopefully that’s a sign my immune system is in good shape.

Well, lovely walk by the tyne, now home to have some Christmas soup and later we will attempt to eat the buffet we couldn’t face yesterday as we were too stuffed from lunch!

Cx
Ali49

Morning all. Ck, fairy, mrs M - hope you are all fetling better today and keeping the SE's at bay! Cathy, your day sounds a bit like mine! I think the kids do.make the day though and help to keep our feet firmly on the ground!!

I normally have everyone - family and friends - to mine, at some point over the hols. I was just thinking last night that if i dont do the gathering then nobody else bothers! My husbands brother, wife and grown up children have been here 3 times for Christmas dinner but have never invited us - or anyohe else- there even for a drink!! Friends come every year but there has been no invites yet!! Anyway, ive told the hubby we are not doing it again - he said i will because i love doing it and will get over it - he is so laid back he is horizontal - i need to learn from him!!

Anyway after my weeks delay i am back on the steroids today ready for my 2nd lot of dox, permuzetab and herceptin tomorrow!!

I had a poorly girl.last night. I had to leave her downstairs with her dad as she felt sick then was sick! Anyway they have slept on a settee each and i am hoping she is better this morning. We all need some air!!

Hope everyone has a good day today and SE's reduce or better still, disappear for you all xxx