376487posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Meesh73

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi JoW, good on you for getting back in the pool. That first swim must have been tough, hopefully it'll get easier the more you go. I'm impatient too but there are different types of yoga some faster than others. I quite like the slow yoga actually and have been doing it for a couple of years (but only once to twice a week prior to chemo). I'm not very bendy but started it to help combat stress. I decided to do it every day as my folks sent me an article they'd read that daily yoga was supposed to help breast cancer patients through chemo by assisting with energy levels and mood and I was willing to give anything a go. I do think it's helped and I have become more supple since practicing every day I haven't been doing my post op exercises but I think the yoga has done the same job. I also think it's helped reduce scar tissue as I'd also read it can help with that.

Fairydust, hope bloods are good enough for chemo Monday and that you get your house ready for carpet fitters, new carpets I can only dream! 

Cathy, that dinner sounds yummy, hope it goes well for you. I keep thinking about what I want to do as a thank you to my friends and family for helping me through chemo but not sure what that will be yet but have a few more weeks to think about it.

Mrs Meow, hope you start to feel more normal soon.

Geordie, I've worked through chemo too because I have felt well enough to do so and I also think it has helped my energy levels and mental wellbeing. Don't let anybody make you feel that you shouldn't you need to do what is best for you. Perhaps you just need to get the balance right if you're finding it tiring now.

Hope you ladies have a good weekend!

SueW

Hi ladies
Advice if you don’t mind
After t has anyone had an irritated bladder
In so much as if I get taken by surprise with a cough or sneeze I leak slightly so have had to invest in TENA lady
Never had it before and last round only lasted 3 or 4 days just wonddr if anyone else experiencing or experienced this as a se
Thank you for reading xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Geordie thanks for advise about keeping up exercises and resting, I’ve been a bit slack on exercises during chemo, still got one to go before rads. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Geordie doon sooth

Hey ladies

I can relate to all the reports of fatigue. I’m now just over three weeks after my last chemo (yay!!) and feel so tired. I asked my onc about the constant itchy red eyes I have, like some of you are talking about, and she said it is simply the lack of eyelashes that causes it. Turns out they have more uses than just being pretty!

I started rads on Thursday and Friday and am happy to report that they are sooo much better than chemo! It a bit of an odd experience being man handled and having weird electric devices rotating around you but very much like having a CT scan which most of us will have done. It also only takes twenty minutes max and you don’t feel anything while they're doing it. I’m a bit achey in my chest and shoulder area now but I’m not entirely sure whether that’s the rads or the scar tissue buildup that’s happened over the last few months of T where I stopped doing my exercises 😳. Keep up those exercises ladies - I thought I could stop as it had been over four months post surgery and I was knackered from the chemo but I wish I’d forced myself to make time to do them now. Keep reverting to that pre cancer expectation of invincibility and putting myself last when I should be acknowledging that my body hasn’t healed yet.

It’s been a reality check that it’s going to be months before I should be attempting half of the things that I’ve already stubbornly been doing! A Penny Brown advisor gave me a good talking to on Thursday and asked me what I was trying to prove and to whom when I said that I was still working and didn’t want to take any time off despite having worked through chemo and now being exhausted. She made the point that I will recover quicker if I am gentler with myself and take the time to recover properly. I suspect this advice applies to most of you too (you know who you are, all of you!).

Happy Saturday everyone!

Geordie xx
Fairydust 14

Must remember to take steroids on Sunday. Even if chemo on Monday might not go ahead. I'll be even less likely to fight exhaustion....Oh dear..

Fairydust 14

Morning all.

How is it possible to sleep from 10pm to 8am and still feel exhausted! I also had a wind bubble in my throat and could not get rid. Drank ginger tea and ended up throwing up. I have stinging eyes too. No energy but must take decs down today and prepare for new carpets being fitted next week. Have to remove all ornaments and books from shelves etc so that the fitters can move furniture, rip up carpets, remove underlay and replace with new, all in 2 days. Gonna be a big upheaval, but needs to be done. 

Cathysid, I haven't heard about my bloods, I expect I'll hear on Monday morning if chemo can go ahead later that day or not. Gonna be a busy Monday if so, as carpet fitters arriving at 9.30 and chemo at 15.05. I'll have to kick them out so I can get to chemo on time if it goes ahead. They said it would take Monday and Tuesday to fit the whole house except one room which they will do next month. Good job as I can use that room to store all my stuff!!

I can't believe you're throwing a dinner party Cathy, well done you. Your menu sounds very foody, and delectable. A lovely way to thank all those who've helped you too. Hope you have a great time both cooking and eating.

Hope everyone ok. Moijan, that conditioning treatment sounds amazing. Let us know how it feels if you try it!!

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Wow Cathy your menu made my mouth water - how yummy I hope your do goes really well. Jow my eyes are stingy too is weird how both times recently this has happened after chemo is well finished. I still have concrete legs and am disappointed at lack of progress after the end of chemo - I thought I would be bouncing back but am shattered - hope to rally before chemo-moon 6 which is on Sunday. Still no word of a plan for rads for me - am a bit frustrated as was hoping to know when it was all starting by now - my sister comes from Australia next week and I will be likely to have rads every day of her trip which as it will take us between 3 and 4 hours each day is a real pain - but needs must. I was asked if I wanted to delay for her visit but said no as the same as our chemo discussions on here it feels best to crack on with the treatment and not delay unless absolutely necessary. Is everyone's house feeling bare after Christmas? Was very strange putting away ED presents still wrapped as she is still living it up in India - but had a lovely video call from her today she must have known I was really missing her. Moijan I have tried the new soap - I didnt get the hot oil treatment but thank goodness the soap was not too cinnamon stinky when I rubbed it on my tennis ball head! Trying to rest these daft legs a bit more today and have just watched Girfriends on itvplayer - thought it was great see what you think if you missed it Have a restful night all and take care xx
Moijan

this is what lush said about 'New'

This spicy scalp and hair hot oil treatment gets right to the root of your desire. Jojoba and olive oils hydrate hair, add shine and improve tensile strength while refreshing nettle and rosemary absolutes bring balance to unhappy scalps. Bay, cinnamon leaf and clove bud essential oils warm and stimulate the scalp to increase blood flow and improve hair growth. When water is added, an infusion of freshly ground peppermint and nettle leaves is created which stimulates hair follicles and reduces the rate at which hair is lost. A whole new world of strong, healthy hair awaits.
Fill a mug with boiling water (leaving a little space at the top) and simply stir in your hot oil treatment until it has completely melted. Allow the treatment to cool for 20 minutes before applying to dry hair. Sit back and relax for 20 minutes before shampooing out.
Made too much? Keep in the bathroom for a moisture top up as often as you need for up to 4 weeks.

well, I'm game to test it..I forgot to mention that I went to lush  and was given two free samples to try of a couple of conditioners last week. I'll let you know how they go.

Moijanxx

Moijan

Hi, thank you so much for the lush soap tip. My hair is coming back after 3 months off Eribulin, but I'm guessing fulvestrant will keep it thin maybe...it is just as Cathy described, fluffy thin and rather grey just now...previously it was a kind of ash blonde grey, now it's a steel grey, very disappointing!

will look up that soap on line too as all lush stuff is in online catalogs.

ihugs, Moijanx

Cathysid

Hi there,

fairydust - how were your bloods? Hope they were ok for your chemo.

Ali - I personally would worry about a 2 week delay between doses. Only because I know if the chemo didn't work I would have then blame myself.  It would seem like such a shame to miss the family gathering though.  Follow your oncologists advice.

Mrs M - so kind of them to give you the soap for free! Hope it's not too stinky! 

Jow - glad you are enjoying your juices. Add a thumb of ginger root and a clove of raw garlic to fight off infections/colds.  I like beetroot, carrot, apple and ginger. Cucumber is meant to be good for strong nails so throw some of that in any juices, too.  My fingertips were numb too, but they have slowly improved so hoping yours do too.  I do think you were so brave going swimming. Think I would sink with my heavy legs! I'm a bit scared of being seen bald by anyone I know, too. I feel naked without a hat/wig on. Only my family have seen me bald.  I can't wait to have a covering of hair.  I really must get braver as I won't be able to cope with hats and wigs in summer! 

Well, I'm being adventurous and having a dinner party this weekend. 8 guests who have all helped with childcare And supported us during the chemo, and a celebration of the end of chemo.  I've decided to do a healthy menu.  Harissa salmon with Moroccan couscous and watercress, orange and pomegranate salad, followed by raw vegan dark chocolate chesecake(made with avocado not cheese!).  I've just made the cheesecake and it tastes amazing.  Hope the guests don't freak out about the avocado content! 

I had my physio appointment today. My left leg (with the hip arthritis) is much weaker than my right so I have exercises to do to improve strength.  At my next check in 3 weeks if all is going well I might get an exercise plan on prescription(free!) at the local gym and swimming pool.  Must remember to do my exercises every day. 

Not allowed to run or do Zumba so couch to 5k is off for now. Not sure how to halt the weight gain - looks like I might have to eat less and stop eating my daily chunk of dark chocolate if I can't burn it off with exercise! 

Well, bedtime approaches. Herceptin on its own has given me a dry mouth and I'm a bit tired but no other obvious symptoms so far thank goodness.

goodnight All, x

Moijan

Hi Joe, sadly once we have had chemo, we (mets ladies)aren't eligble under NiCe's ruling. Although it's true some might get onto a trial.

i felt really strongly about this...and have written to them, having read all their blurb about how good it would be to help people avoid chemo as it would add to their quality of life. I worked for most of my life in the NHS and although money is not infinite, I feel that there is now a two tier system for mets lafies, which is very unfair.

hugs

Moijanx

Moijan

Fairydust,  yes do speak to your onc and do make your own choice.. because whatever you choose...must be your own decision...not influenced by us.

.it wouldn't mean you should miss the event either way, would it?  I was on chemo when my niece got married and I was just careful to use first defence...as I said that has always worked for me when needed. But I get it, that you might feel more well if you had a break. 

Hugsxx Moijanxx

jow

Hi 

Ali, I would ask your oncologist for the evidence for her comment. I think there is some eveidence that delaying  initiation of chemo after surgery can have a worse outcome, but can’t find anything easily that suggests that having a delay mid chemo is a problem.  Would be a shame to miss such a big family event.

Glad your temp has settled Meesh- I had the same problem this round. In fact temp has gone up every time but this round was much higher at 38,9. No cause found but still gave me domestic type antibiotics. 

Gosh Cathy that doesn’t feel fair putting on weight when you have barely eaten at times.  Let’s hope this weight gain is all fluid and miraculously disappears.  I can’t face weighing myself after my 5kg gain. The thought of having to diet (more to ensure clothes are comfortable and vanity) fills me with dread and didn’t stop me devouring a large slice of chocolate and hazelnut vegan roulade left over from NY. Who knew vegan cake could be so tasty.  The β€˜icing’ was made from dark chocolate mixed with silken Tofu.   I was sent a juicer this week from a generous friend.   It is huge and powerful, I think I now need a kitchen extension!  Anyone got any good juice recipes?  We’ve tried. Carrot apple and ginger and cucumber mint and lime.  Both v nice although I dont  like the washing up of the machine! 

Im day 17 of my last T and definitely feeling better but the fatigue has been considerable this round. My eyes are terrible still so starting on antibiotic drops now. Hands and feet are peeling.  Finger tips are a bit numb and nails hurt but are intact so far (gather they can fall out later).  Not sure if any hair has grown back as I still have some hair left that didn’t fall out.

I have been swimming- first time in 5 months! Had to go one boobed and bald as friend hasn’t finished altering my costumes but I must say having no hair does make the getting changed afterwards so much quicker.  I was a bit chilly though and could only manage a couple of lengths before muscles became v fatigued and I had to rest- quads were the worst.  I’ve never tried yoga but think now my breathing is better that I should see what it’s like- so many people I know love it.  I think I’m a bit impatient Meesh for yoga and meditation but there again maybe I need to have some enforced slowing down.  This cancer has certainly helped that!

Christmas tree is coming down tomorrow - think I’m ready for that.  Younger boys are back at school and daughter back at medical school and I got sent some beautiful spring flowers today .  Just a couple of chilly months to get thru plus a bit of radiotherapy and ovarian surgery and then hopefully life can become a bit more normal and sunnier.

Is anyone going into the PALLAS trial by the way- for this new drug paclociclib which NICE recently approved for metastatic bc?

Jo x 

Fairydust 14

I mean a 2 week delay. πŸ™‚

Moijan

Ali, hopefully a week wouldn't matter..but I have had three chemo fail eventually and during two I had had short breaks....cancer  can become resistant to them  sometimes, ask the onc more questions....but you could try using first defence up your nose for added protection...has worked for me now for over 16years

(check with the pharmacist re your drugsfirst)

Best wishes

MoijanπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Fairydust 14

Meesh, you a powerhouse, working, yoga, meditation. You are an inspiration.  πŸ™‚

Ali, yes I have had a week delay on one of my FEC treatments. As it was due to neutrophils, there was no choice. It was riskier to have chemo with low neuts than not have if at all. My oncologist did up my injections from 5 to 7 but nothing was said by nurses or onc. Just accepted as one of those things. I did ask my onc once (jokingly) for a delay over Xmas but he said no, of course!  

Ali49

Hi Ladies. Could i ak has anyone had chemo delayed more than 9nce and if so what did onc say the effects of that would be?

I had my last chemo delayed by a week due to infection and being on antibiotics.

We have a big family event on 20th Jan. A joint 50th, 18th and Silver Wedding in my brothers family. Everyone is going to be there from around the country and it was planned around my chemo wh8ch should have been on the 10th but is now on the 17th!!

I have asked my onc could i delay a week again but she says she recommends i dont because of effectiveness but it is my decision. I didnt think it would make thst much difference to be honest. It is my 6th treatment out of 7. My 3rd docetaxol, herceptin and pertuzemab.

Thanks x

Meesh73

Morning ladies! Luckily I avoided a stay in hospital and they let me go as bloods showed it wasn't bacterial temp was still up yesterday but has gone back to normal today 😊 although now temp is normal the hot flushes are back πŸ˜”

Ladies re: exercise I've been doing yoga and meditation every morning since starting chemo (sometimes miss day after chemo) even if I only do 15-20 mins. I have found that it has helped with my energy levels and my well being too. Just thought it might be something that might help raise your energy levels that is easy to do at home.😊

Fairydust 14

Morning!

Hope the herceptin is not bothering you too much Cathysid, and physio went well. Gotta do the homework though, exercise, exercise, exercise. I so want to go back to the gym but can't see it happening. Gonna suspend my payments I think.

MrsMeow, what a bittersweet thing to happen 're the soap. There are some lovely people on this earth.

Bloods for me today before 2nd T on Monday. Hope my neutrophils behave and are up to par.  Must remember to take my steroids on Sunday too.

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Cathy - spaniel hugs are the best - hope your herceptin doesn't give any further problems. You describe the heavy legs perfectly - I managed a long drive today but walking and bending even to get socks on is something else - this is worse than when going through chemo. My fingers and toes are still sore but the nails are still on just very tender. I went to Lush when I was at the shops yesterday and discussed the red soap - it is cinammon based and I dont like cinammon (unless it is in mulled wine!) but my YD wanted to buy it for me so i relented - then when we got to the till it wouldn't scan so the shop assistant gave it to me for nothing and wished me well with treatment - I was nearly in tears what a lovely thing to do - she said her aunt was in chemotherapy for terminal liver cancer - so many people are affected by this awful disease one way or another. I haven't made it as far as putting it on my head yet - I will let you know! My OH says my new few mm of hair is like a tennis ball - i may spray it green to shock him! Have a restful night everyone. x
Cathysid

Hi everyone,
I wrote a long post yesterday but it somehow got deleted before it appeared on the thread and I was too tired to write it again! Oh well.
Meesh - sorry to hear you are poorly. Hope you get well soon and manage to get home and stay home. It is a bad time of year for illness and there are lots of viruses about so it’s hard to avoid them!
Mishy - thanks for the lush soap tip. I need to give it a go as my hair is thin light coloured bum fluff at the moment. It’s only 5mm long and very sparse. Hoping it will start to improve soon as I’d love to have a head of hair again!
Ck - glad you enjoyed new year! Love the idea of a restaurant full of people doing ymca! Ha ha. Do keep up the rest when you need it though!
Fairydust- hope you are managing some food and not feeling too isolated.

I had my first herceptin on its own today. Hoping for no side effects. I’m still rather low on energy and legs are achey and heavy. I managed to put on 2kg since my last treatment 3 weeks ago, despite not eating for a few days!!! What’s going on there? I didn’t indulge too much either. Mind you I did eat a full box of lindor milk chocolates!
On the plus side my fingertip neuropathy seems to be resolving and my taste buds are 90% better now. Also the cracks in my thumbs have healed up well and my nails have not fallen off(yet!). Still have a very watery right eye and snotty nose which has gone on for a couple of months now, and the persistent hot flushes.

Mrs M - I know how you feel with the fatigue. I don’t know if we need to rest or try a gradual increase in exercise in the hope that we can improve fitness and shake it off! Problem lies in finding the energy to exercise!!!

Well, I’m snuggled on the sofa with Dougie, my cocker spaniel, waiting for my Ocado shop to be delivered. It’s due before 11pm. Hope I stay awake! Couldn’t find the energy to go to the supermarket myself. I’m enjoying watching the programs my partner doesn’t like to watch - Trust me, I’m a Doctor, tom kerridges diet program, hairy bikers ... He’s having a pub night with his friends so won’t be back till late.

Looking forward to my physio appointment tomorrow as I’m hoping I can get some help with an exercise plan,

Love to all,
Cath x
Meesh73

Hello ladies! Happy new year to you all! Good to hear you all in good spirits. My start to 2018 has not been a good one as spent New Year's Day afternoon/ evening in A&E with a temperature πŸ€’ They finally let me go but ended up back at the chemo unit again yesterday still with high temp. They took more bloods and confirmed it's not bacterial so probably viral but have given me injections to do as precaution as was only day 8. Thought I'd been doing so well through chemo too as haven't had any major problems, this has scared me though and I'm not looking forward to the next one πŸ˜” even if it is my last.

Hope you all have a good day! 😊

MrsMeow

Glad you are chilled Fairydust - I made the mistake of having a day at the sales today - one of the challenges of lovely country living is that the shops are a long drive away. I love shopping and especially a day with YD but hadn't reckoned on how shattered I would be - this is 2 days in a row I have been floored with tiredness (after the beach walk yesterday) - I have finished chemo and this is the first time I have felt a real cancer fatigue - this is supposed to be my good week and I have a lot planned including a final chemo-moon at the weekend - am going to be on my knees! Hope you are all pacing yourselves better than I am - take care and have a good night all MrsM x
Fairydust 14

Hi CK. Can imagine you doing the YMCA! Am glad you had a love New Year celebration! Glad you weren't working too hard though.

Glad your cough and cold has eased off. Keep warm and keep napping, as that is what your body needs after your busy exciting new year.

Well, I'm tired today so staying all warm in bed. Not watching TV today, just reading and napping.

I should eat but maybe later. Family are staying away due to coughs and colds and the chicken pox issue. So am very chilled with no visitors.

You've prompted me to start looking around this forum at other threads CK. I found the other Fairy Dust. Hope she's ok. US fairys are everywhere, it seems. I will stop off at other threads more often, learn more from other experiences.

Enjoy your day. 

Fairydust x

CK

We have another Fairy Dust on the recently diagnosed but spelt like I have. Got a bit confused!x
CK

Dont worry ladies! I was mostly on the phone from 5 til 8.30pm and then just making sure all seated and eating. Mostly socialising but I was buzzing because my cough and cold had cleared and it was the actual first day I felt that I really had done my final cycle. I love it at 12 midnight when we put Big Ben on and Auld Lang Syne and everyone joins hands as one big family! Its fab! I didnt Conga though but did a YMCA!!!

My legs were aching next day though so just plenty Epsom salt baths since. Taste buds back too so Ive neen scoffing myself! I love my food!!
I have spent last 2 days just eating, sleeping and watching TV. The weather is keeping me in too. Very heavy wind and rain over in South Manchester but at least no snow!

Mishy, Im deffo gonna try the Red soap! Thanks for the tip. Ive been rubbing coconut wax on every night and its thicker at the back but not yet on top.
The Lush shop makes me sneeze though, as rhe smells are so strong, so gonna have to cover my nose:D

Fairydust
I had full dosage as I managed rather well for 5 but then I think rhe cough and cold didnt help. Just a cold gets you down, never mind treatment too so you need to try to stay away from snotty noses and avoid crowds as thetes so much lurgy around at the moment.
My mates in Blackpool said the Vic Hospital is crammed with queues in the corridors and people waiting for 7 hours to be seen to but they arent emergency, so the emergencies arent getting seen to which is not good at all. Its annoying when people go to A&E just for a cold unless rhey are having treatment.

Anyway, another late one as Ive been nalping all the time. No night or day. Sweet dreams about walks on rhe beach or in Mrs Meows case flying in her nighty:)xxx

Fairydust 14

Thanks Mishy, strange about your hair. I had course curly hair, now I have thin straight hair I think. May change but am liking it, will learn to love the grey I guess. Yes, it feels like a buzz cut. Very very very short but nice.

Will look out for the soap. Thanks for the tip. I will keep the secret from them.I do like Lush. The smells are amazing!  Not using anything at the moment just my shower gel, but it is Molton Brown. I truly didn't think about soap or shampoo since New hair is  still so short, but best look after it. It's a sign of getting back to a new me. A new me.

I wonder who I'll be after this.. πŸ™‚

I hope you all have a restful sleep.

Fairydust x

Fairydust 14

Hi MrsMeow, thanks and well done on proving your oncologist wrong 're T. You're clearly a determined lady. To be applauded! Yes, you're right. I believed in my oncologist when I signed the chemo consent form, but you don't know what you don't know I guess. They're not trying to kill me at least..unlike the bc.

I would so love to walk on a beach, you're so lucky MrsMeow. Luxury hotels at New Year, walks on the beach..You have a lovely life. If you're happy as you are, stay as you are. Losing weight is miserable. Don't do anything to make yourself miserable....Just be.

Fairydust x

Mishy18

CK you go girl hsts off to you oh and try the hair soap i recommend from lush ladies don't tell them jt really wkrks if it does for you the May start charging a fortune for the new wonder hair soap other ladirs need to benefit from it if it is the soap i will def spread the word πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Mishy18

Fairy mines a covering all over but still a buzz cut if that makes sense its mousy shades of greys and white in colour texture course think its going to be quite thick i had last chemo Nov been using Lush soap bar its orangey red in colour its called NEW it Β£6.50 its supposed to help with hair growth i swear its helping i have most hait out tof everyone who finished treatment at same time as me at my radiotherpy unit it might be the placebo effect but i don't care i recommend giving it a try when you finish chemo i have more hair than a lady who finished chemo in September
MrsMeow

Fairydust you are right we do whatever our oncologist says dont we? I suppose they are the only ones with our full clinical picture and the evidence of what works so they will always be tailoring our treatment plans to our own personal histories. My onc told me in Oct that she didnt think I would manage D for 3 rounds which I thought was quite negative and made me determined to see it through - so I did full dose too - it is horrible there are no 2 ways about it but it does end and I think I got better at taking painkillers more regularly to fight the bone pain - I normally reject taking painkillers but realised this time that there are no prizes for being brave! I hope you get on ok and have had a restful day despite your appointment - we went for a bank holiday walk on the beach today - terrible weather which doesnt usually put me off and I only planed for a brisk 30min walk - I was really shocked at how absolutely exhausted I was - I could have quite happily lain down on the wet sand and slept! I have been thinking I was fairly fit despite being overweight but it turns out walking around the kitchen all day is not very fit in real life! My plan has started of 30mins of exercise 5 times a week but it is not going to be pretty.. Hope everyone else is keeping cosy - the weather is yuk in Scotland xx
Fairydust 14

My hair is growing back..much straighter than before. Alas, there are definite shades of grey..not great for an under 50 year old, but at least it's hair..!

πŸ™‚

Fairydust 14

CK!! You worked for how long?! 

Well, I hope you were on light duties! Glad you're feeling more like you.

Today was the visit to my oncologist. Just no way to know if chemo is doing its job when you have it post surgery. Hope I'm not going through all this for nothing. As I've not been hospitalized through chemo (thankfully), and my side effects are terrible but managed, he"'ll keep me on my current 100% dosage of T treatment plan. I know some ladies have had their dosages reduced but I will stay on full. I know that's best, but I'm dreading the next one already. There is nothing I can do. My life is controlled by my oncologist. As are we all. 

If I could stop, I think I would. If only I could tell if it's worth it.

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ck, Phew you have stamina girrrl 😁😁😁that’s quite a shift to do again. It’s 2018 ✨✨✨love, laugh and live β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜shi xx
CK

Happy New Year ladies! May 2018 bring good health and happiness to us and the years to follow!
Luckily I felt human again on New Years Eve so I was able to work on the busiest night of the year and seeing the new year in with all my cistomers.
I put concealer over my red cheeks and eyelids and no one could tell but the anti biotics had kicked in by then and less red. Cough and cold was better too. I was on my feet from 5pm til 2am! Knowing no more chemo and injections and having my taste buds back actually got me in the mood for celebrating and I even enjoyed a glass of Prosecco!
Today though, all I've done is eat and sleep and watch TV! What a fabulous start to the new year and my daighter noticed that my hair is growing back at the back but not yet on the top.

Hopefully now I can feel normal until my op on the 22nd January. Need to remembrr to turn up for my Herceptin though:

SueW
Yes, I still needed to have one weeks of injections after my final cycle but at least tou know its the last lot.xx

Mojian
Lovely pic, my ginger Merlot has loved me being at home so much lately resting with cough and cold and final T, mind you, so have I too!

Fairydust, Ali, Mrs Meow, Jow, Shi, Whytefawn, Chaffinch, Meesh, Mishy, Geordie and all other lovely ladies! Hope all treatment will be smooth and successful and may you be blessed with a good quailty of life in the future😘😘😘

MrsMeow

Yes Sue you get the full course of injections - as i have posted a few times I had to have ten injections each time which has made me grumpy as it has seemed a lot - the tenth and last injection out of 30 coincided with yesterday which has seemed beautifully significant as I start 2018 on no medication whilst recovering from the final Docetaxel - this last one has been a bugger though and with Christmas being busy maybe that hasn't helped as i feel like i have someone else's legs and arms on today Are you feeling brighter Cathysid? and Ali and Fairydust? Hope everyone is having a good day - I have been like a half shut knife after the excitement of yesterday - but am very happy to have waved goodbye to 2017 xx
SueW

Thanks cathysid not the answer I wanted lol but at least I will be prepared xx happy new year to you too and all on this thread xx
Cathysid

Sorry to say it, but you get a final course of injections after the last chemo. It’s better knowing it’s the last time though.
Happy new year everyone xxx
SueW

Hi ladies can I ask any of you that have finished final chemo did you still have to do injections after last one to boost white blood cells ?
I am sitting here thinking please say no lol xx
Fairydust 14

Moijan, Your cat looks very wise to me. Beautiful and calm. Thanks for sharing your picture with all of us. I adore cats and intend to get one when all this treatment is over..unless I upsticks and travel the world lol...

To All you beautiful ladies. Happy New Year to one and all. 2018 has entered peacefully and quietly into my life. I will do all I can for it to stay that way. I am grateful for my family still being together all over the UK  and the world and remaining strong and healthy, for my friends who keep me in tune with the real world outside of my treatments, and my virtual friends on this site who keep me in tune with the various types of treatments possible for cancer and respond to it all with humour, poise, style and of course glittery sparkles..

Thank you ladies, you're friendships from afar are appreciated, welcomed and very supportive and helpful to me, allowing reflective thinking of what I want from my life in the future, however long or short that may be. With no ties I am free to do as I please, and always was, but didn't. Career took over and I lived to work. Those days are long gone. Of course I will work for as long as I care to, but I must also live to.....do something extraordinary maybe..who knows what..I shall continue to reflect...

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Moijan, thank you for sharing the beautiful photo of your darling cat, what a lady she was. ✨✨✨✨2018✨✨✨✨welcome we are so pleased to see you 😘😘😘here’s to us, to love to life to friendships and enjoying every day we are blessed with πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Moijan

Cats are great aren't they? I lost mine several years ago, but still miss her...she looked after me through. My.chemo.xx  I loved her so muchxx

image.jpg

Moijan

Golly, Mrs Meouw..sounds lovely

Geordie doon sooth

Happy new year lovely ladies! Last year was horrible but one of the upsides was β€˜meeting’ all of you and discovering that the kindness of strangers can get us through the worst times, until you’re not strangers anymore! Hope 2018 is a lot kinder to us all xx
Ali49

Happy New Year to my lovely September friends. On we go ladies. Lots of love xxx
Fairydust 14

Jog on 2017. πŸ™‚ x

MrsMeow

Love to those partying and to those who cant tonight - hope your night has hugs and messages of love from your nearest and dearest - thank you all on here for the sharing the advice and the laughs - it has been a lovely supportive place of safe sharing and has made a difference to dealing with the crap we are all going through. Don't forget to use the get out clause we all have if the socialising is too much - no overdoing it as we have to survive the next few days too - I am lucky enough to be staying in the luxury hotel my husband works at (which also involves peace as he is downstairs) so i can pop down for the bagpipes at midnight and dont have to kiss anybody - perfect! Love to you all be good to yourselves and take care xx
Cathysid

Hi all!
Hope you are doing ok. Ck - well done making your needs known. People don’t know how we feel unless we tell them and often I find I don’t speak up as I should!

I’m still fatigued and achey, I have no patience either. Hoping I will start to pick up soon. Hospital appointments start again for me next week - bloods, herceptin(to carry on for another 12 treatments) and physio for my painful left hip. The hip pain came on suddenly a couple of months before diagnosis of BC and apparently is just arthritis.
Heading to a new year party now so hoping I can deal with the noise and fun levels!
Hope it’s not too emotional for you - let’s put the bad stuff behind us and hope this year holds some nicer surprises!
Love cx
Mishy18

Blue ash thanks for that i hope it's nit too latr for me as i have 1 more axilla zap tgen onto boosts but jeez its bloody red under my arm x
Meesh73

CK good to hear you're taking care of yourself and resting! You would think your cousin would understand that you might want to be at home rather than in a noisy place, but you told her! πŸ˜‚Good job daughter has your back! I'm not sure if the sea bands work and I wear mine ne for the first week but I think it was coz it was the first night and not used to wearing them again, that I had my bath and completely forgot them😱 πŸ˜³πŸ™„won't be doing that in a hurry! As I've been fine since with them on.

Hope you've all had a lovely day ladies! β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—