cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

CK

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi Whtefawn
I had my last T on 19th December and my op to take lymph nodes out is on 22nd January.
Im still feeling fatigued and achey after the lst treatment whereas the ones b4 I was ready for next treatment. It feels like the last one was a stronger dose or whether its a build up of the drugs insjde my body. A cough and cold hasnt helped either. Good luck with your treatment.x

Fairydust
Im still tired after last T on Dec 19th. My thighs are achey going up and down tbe stairs and I keep taki ng deep breaths as so breathless but getting better day by day now. My legs felt like rhey wanted to give way a lot and doing anyrhing was a big effort. Lots better now but still tired.
I'm ok to do my breathing exercises now and food tasting better. Had 2 lots of anti biotics since last treatment for a bad cough which didnt help. A cough and cold is bad enough never mind with SE of T!!! Anyway, upwards and onwarxs. We do it whatever💪💪

Ali
Hope 2nd T is easier for you. Nearly there.xx

Cathysid
Ive got my post op and ECG on Weds. Are you having an op? Mines to take out lymph nodes. Dont know anyone who has recently had lymph nodes out. Tried on a few threads but no replies:(

Jow
Good luck with rads. I have op first and then rads after recover so a while yet! It looks like youve been busy and rhe therapies will gelp.
Ive been on an 8 week course and it helped me big time and now Im on standby when someone cant make theres. Booked in next Monday. Have one to one counselling, then 45 mins reflexology, lunch, 45 mins relXation and rhen 45 mins group discussion. All with different Cs. Really looked forward to them.
Yes, very strange not having trwatment rjis week but still have Herceptin every 3 weeks so routine still there. I cried when I went in for the H and I think it was relief. Gosh, we do get emotional.xx

Hope everyome else are coping well.xxx
Ali49

Hi Fairydust. I feel breathless too - even after a short, slow walk! I also have a fast hearbeat at times. I mentioned it to the onc yesterday and she said chemo tires you and its not that you might need to sleep all the time but it will be that your body reacts differently. She gave the stairs as an example and said you have been going up and down the stairs no problem but as chemo builds you might feel breathless becsuse of the extra effort that is needed.

Hope that makes sense xx
chasanddave

Hi whytefawn. I too will be having surgery 8th Feb which will be 4 weeks after final chemo. I am.going it's a lot easier than this has been! other ladies seem.to suggest tne it is,.so I'm trying to stay smiley about it all! bizarrely looking forward to 'chas and dave' being lopped off! Jacqui
Fairydust 14

Is anyone feeling breathless after T?  I only have to go downstairs, and up again,  and I'm breathing heavily. Like deep breathing to catch my breath.  Am drinking fluids a lot but urine still dark in colour.

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Hi Cassie,

i saw my surgeon before chemo finished. My oncologist referred me back. Operation is usually 3-6weeks post chemo. Hope your last chemo goes well.

x

WhyteFawn

Hi ladies how are you all?
Just wondered if anyone who was finishing chemo was to have surgery next? I'm due last chemo on 19th and then surgery bit wondered how long it takes to see surgeon and how long op is done after chemo ends.
Cassie x
Fairydust 14

Hi Shi.

Yes, I am looking forward to watching it! Big Cats are so majestic aren't they, yet still so cute. Should be a good watch!

Thanks for the thought! 

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi fairydust hope you are having a nice day and chilling after all the new carpets and other bits and that go with having new flooring. There is a bbc show tonight about big cats at 8pm, think you’ll like it and wanted to let you know 💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Morning.

Having a day in bed today after all the house arranging over the past week. Green smoothies and salt baths. Lush.

Cathysid and CK. I feel for you having surgery next. You can do it. It's easier than chemo I agree, if you rest, don't over burden yourselves and take your painkillers. It is a deep invasive operating procedure though so do take note of the risks and ensure you have support.

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck 💪💪💪 you’ve got the tshirt for this bit, just look at it as mopping up to get it all gone 😘😘cathysid, please believe me compared to chemo the operation is a walk in the park, just rest up properly after, no lifting, do your exercises steady and don’t do to much to soon and enjoy wearing sexy flight socks for a few weeks after. Try and get a dressing gown with inner pocket or additional tie bit on the inside for the bottle, makes it a bit comfier to carry about while you have it 😘😘😘💕💕💕shi xx
jow

Hi

My legs are still bad too- feel like I’ve cycled 50k  (I’ve only once done that, in flat Belgium), when I’ve barely been anywhere. I couldn’t face swimm8ng today.  Too tired and too cold. 

Eyes also still problematic- the constant dripping, as well as the conjunctivitis gunge.  I had a swab today but I’m going to go to an optician to check vision- Ive never been to an optician.  

yesterday i I had my radiotherapy planning CT and Tatoos.  It was straightforward and the tattooing fine- couldn’t even feel it on mastectomy side , but I did feel a bit emotional in the CT scanner.  I had to really make myself get a grip.  Bad memories I think- I’ve had a few scans and have another staging one in March which I can’t really face.

today I had my first clinical psychology session.  The therapist uses something called ACT. Acceptance and commmitment therapy.  Uses mindfulness techniques to help focus on your values.  I think!

Yesterday i  booked a load of sessions- nutritionist, exercise therapist and beginners yoga at Penny Brohn (our wellbeing centre).  Have to wait a few weeks but I feel better for having something planned.

Very happy like you Mrs M and  CK not to be getting chemoed this week.  And for you lot still going through it, I’m thinking of you, and your carpets and cats! 

Jo x

Cathysid

Hi ladies,

yes, achey legs here too, easpecially if I walk too much! I think it's the residual effects of chemo - apparently it stays in your body for months! 

I had my eyes tested yesterday - my eyesight has not worsened but I am lazier with focussing. I noticed that I had to squint to read things on TVs in the two weeks after chemo.  If it's an eye muscle thing it will improve with time, too.

Pre op check tomorrow - must order that post surgery bra too as less than a week to my op!

hope you are all well xxx

CK

Good afternoon ladies
Deja Vu! I've just got my appointment for pre op next week and its nice they have done for same day as my ECG so I dont need to go on sep days. Starting to get a bit anxious now as its to take out lymph nodes and clearing margins. Last one was a lumpectomy and I recovered really well but this one will be a bigger op. Oh well, just need to hope for the best like I have done.
I actually could taste my lunch today Roast Chicken and Caeser salad. Ive put on 8lbs since start of treatment so better watch myself now! Oh well, deal with it later! Merlot knew to come home too as he smelt the chicken and he understands the word. He loves Chicken and Wotsits we discovered!!!😻
I think I will get my eyes tested when up to it as squinting more now! The skin arouns my eyes went really dry after tbe burns went so just bought myself a Dr Hauschka Eye Balm, this is definitely a line you can look into ladies. Its made from organic and natural sources and free from synthetic fragrances, dyes, and preservatives, paraben and silicone free!

Fairydust
Oh yes, don't forget your happy pils and good luck with treatment. I was wondering how many pils Ive taken up to now from start of treatment which was my lumpectomy....oh and how nuch it would cost.xx

Mrs Meow
Glad you had some time away! I havent been brave enough to leave my comfort zone.
My legs have been the same. Very achey and stiff, especially when walking up and down the stairs. It must be the last dose of T! I had Herceptin on its own yesterday and theres no sign of extra discomfort. My pains are mainly in my thighs. A bit like when not exercised for ages and then had a session! I rhink maybe just a matter of time as the drug will be in our system for a while.Cathysid has had similar too. Hope shes ok now.xx

Thanks Shi
Your words of support and dances keep us going too.xx

MrsMeow

Morning all September ladies- what a long way we have come since September - am reflecting today as it would normally be chemo day so is weird to have finished. I have just returned from our final chemo-moon in Amsterdam - took the ferry to avoid the nofly advice from onc- it was lovely but I did not expect to feel so rough after finishing chemo- I think some of you are the same- my legs and arms are like concrete and the muscles have stiffened so much I struggle to put socks on - what is going on there? They are more sore than on docetaxel - wonder if I should tell someone? Am in a quandary as to whether to rest or exercise to get out of it - managed to walk a distance of 10k in Amsterdam as we only had one day with a guide - but have been in bed since we got back and legs are sore even in bed.....
Coming off the ferry we drove straight to hospital for the rads planning ct - I start next week for 19 sessions - I know most of you on rads are doing really well so I hope to as well but I really hate those kind of machines and is in a different busy hospital with over a 3 hour round trip so am kind of dreading it. The good thing is there is a Maggie's there and both I and OH are gradually finding what we need for support for his feelings and my redundancy etc - and an opportunity to meet some other people in the same situation which we have not had in 7 months so that is exciting
ali and Fairydust my eyes and ears are knacked too - we should have our own miss world comp - miss chemo world - and I have put on so many chemokilos I look like that tower of bigger to smaller stacking plastic rings my kids had as babies with my wee head and wider middle! It is lovely though how the people who love us don't seem to notice the changes and just accept us - and for all others there are big jumpers and bobble hats!
Hope your hip is improving Cathy and that you all have a good day xx
PS Fairydust if you like cuddly cats check out pictures of ragdolls on Google - my daughter has 2 kittens and will be breeding a clutch when she is back from India - they are houscats and so pretty - and they will match your carpet haha!
Fairydust 14

Oh, that's a lovely description of the joys of cats, Shi..Will probably watch cat videos on YouTube later, get my fill until make my mind up after rads!! What to do....??!!

I will decide later post rads and see how I feel about my future etc..

Parents coming over today to help sort house out after carpets fitted all over yesterday...So much to consider, do I need or not? Mainly books lol..bit of a boarder of books and documents,  must get the shredder out one day for old documentation.

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck, 😘😘😘tears of relief, I don’t think we actually realise just how much we are coping with on this journey, we just keep hold of each other and get each other safely through with ❤️❤️❤️😁😁😁😁🤪🤪🤪fairydust, please get a couple of 🐈they really do make the best companions even if you end up with naughty ones, you will love them so much 😁you are there to feed them, they will expect their food before you do your own, they will meow and wrap themselves round your legs till fed 😁😁😁and so many other delightful moments, sorry if I put the wind up you yesterday about the carpet thing, I just thought you’d want to know what could happen. Love you 💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Hi. Thanks so much for all the lovely cat information, Shi, Jencat, CK,  I so would like the companionship of a cat, will definitely do more research whilst on rads then make mind up. Glad you had good cats, and CK, I do adore stories about Merlot!! Thanks for your experiences Shi..which I will take into a lot of consideration, and really appreciate. can't always have cats that know what I want I guess, they have minds of their own!! 

Tears are understandable CK. You're going through a very emotional bodily impact, and reaching New targets every day, so good to let the emotions out, says me!! Keep most things bottled up unless I'm ranting on here, or in the middle of wine bar at Xmas lol!! Silly of me...doh.

CK, thanks for mentioning your anti-biotics. You reminded me I had not taken mine today yet..!

I'd  taken

My final 8 steroids for this cycle.

My metoclopramide x 3 today

My neutrophils steroid injection earlier this evening,

And now just before bed, thanks to your message, my daily antibiotic!

And I have codeine phosphate for if pains get too much, and they also help me sleep.

Hope you all have lovely pain free sleeps.

Fairydust x

CK

Thanks Fairydust
I am resting lots too so dont worry, Im not exhausting myself! Working has kept me going hut it helps when I can choose when or not to.
My Merlot has never had a wee or poo indoors even b4 we had the catflap. At first he did everything in his tray and when he was neutered he wasnt allowed out and ised his tray again. Now he just goes out but he does scratch certain pieces of furniture, so that woyld be your concern. I used to cut his nails but he wont let me now and hes very strong...but a softie! Like Jencats cats, he has been the best company for me through chemo! No answering back and only demands food. To wait til after rads sounds right as you may not be as patient atm to train.x

Shi
Well done, you are finally coming up to your fi al chemo! Woop woop! Well done and hope not many SE.xx

So today I had my 4th Herceptin and it was strange just having it on its own(not complaining) and I burst into tears but I dont even know why? I said to my daughter maybe its because theres no more chemo and its the first one without so maybe it was tears of relief! I have put on 8lbs since start of treatment:0
My temp was slightly high yesterday but kept on top of it. I have anti biotics from GP for cough and cold so hopefully will calm down soon. Again I opened the window, used my paper fan and took Ibroprofen. I found that it goes up when my hat is on too.
Burns on face have cleared hut food still tastes bland. Still achey legs which feel like jelly but no where near as painful as the first and 2nd unless the burns took over my mind.
Ive been advised by GP to take pro biotics to build up system b4 op.
Hair growing and follicles opening up more now.

Time for bobos.😘😘
Jencat

I got my two from a Rescue Centre when they were kittens (they're 3 now) Shi-apricot boy (a light ginger really!) and his little black and white sister-she's the boss! I'm sure they know I'm not well, especially Oscar, he'll spend ages just sitting next to me on the settee or in the same room 🙂 xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

I’ve always been lucky enough to have had good cats too jencat, but I know people who have had naughty cats, I think it’s about how much attention you pay them and also if you are chilled out they tend to be chilled out too. I also let my cats do their own thing and if they want to jump on me and snuggle and fuss they can and if not then that’s fine too, they decide, but they have both been very snuggly and been following me round the house all the time since diagnosis, they don’t like letting me out of their sight 💕💕shi xx
Jencat

Fairydust, my cats have been such good company whilst I've been going through chemo, so I'd definitely recommend  getting one,or even two! I'm lucky though as far as carpets etc go as my two are lazy and enjoy sleeping and cuddles a lot of the time xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fairydust, they are worth it though every moment of having a 🐈living with you is worth it, so what if they rip your carpet up, it’s only carpet and the love and companionship you get from your 🐈far outweighs a carpet 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Ohhh.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fairydust, it’s not the peeing and 💩you need to worry about with a 🐈it’ll be them turning your new carpets into a giant scratching post all for them 😁😁😁and pull threads and the carpets up darling, then there is the curtain climbing, the furniture scratching (another scratching post favourite) and don’t you kid yourself if you buy them a scratching post they won’t use it. Just warning you and a fellow at plug in doesn’t do it either, if you end up with a cat who is that way inclined it’s just the way it is, each cat is different 😁😁😁I’m not the cat whisperer by the way, I’ve owned a lot of cats so do know a bit about them 😘😘😘💕💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

I completely agree with Shi CK, how you've worked all through chemo is beyond me. 🙂 You are one of a rare breed of superwomen, and I salute you! Please do rest whilst you can though as bodies can collapse when least expected if it has too much to bear. Hate for that to happen to you. X

Thanks Shi, yes, my house smells divine with new carpet smell. It's akin to a new car smell. Just lovely! Cocktails all round at my house one cocktail cabinet arrives! It's an art deco design which I just could not resist. I'm going for a gold theme in my home this time, although carpets aren't gold, more of a pale white silver colour with a bit of sparkle..but very plush with new soft underlay too. 

It's a luxury I've been promising myself for years, and thought why not now?

Really sorry you had a bad second t Shi. I hope you get a good reaction to next one after onc discussion. All thoughts are with you for a successful ring of the bell on the 18th x

Wow, post chemo yesterday, I slept more deeply than expected, but still feeling tired. Take my steroids today and metoclopramide anti sickness meds for next 5 days and start injections tonight for 7 days..see how I go! 

Have an amazing day! . 

Fairydust x

Ps still considering a cat CK, but has to wait a while till chemo and rads all over and done with, and if I can get a house trained one who won't wee all over my lovely New carpets...!!!

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ck, glad you’ve been out and about and getting more normal back now you’ve finished chemo, still think you are amazing for working at same time, you and anyone else who works through chemo are superwoman and then some 😘😘😘 should have last chemo 18/1, i’ll See what onc says on 17/1 because of reaction to 2nd t that I had. I am focused on ringing the bell next week and hope to be doing that 😁😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Ali49

Fairydust - exciting!! I love the smell of new carpet! I bet it looks gorgeous x

CK my eyes have really deteriorated with chemo and the optician told me they would. I have worn glasses for reading and in work for years but now i meed them for watching TV etc. I also think my hearing has been affected. Bald, deaf, goggle eyed and spotty - i'm a scorcher at the mo!!!

CK

Hi Chaffinch
Thank you and I think all us lovely ladies help and support each other wirh our different experiences.
Trying not to overdo it yet Im thinking I cant live in a bubble, so trying ro get a few rhings done b4 I hibernate again after my op. Hope you are coping sell too Chaffinch😘😘

Cathysid
Tomorrow will be my 4rh Gerceptin, thats if rhey i ject as I still have a cough and cold but lets see tomorrow. Hope rhe arthritis gets better with rhe extra help.
I may give my dentist a ring when Im free from this cold b4 my op on 22nd....dont need glasses but wondering whether eyesight been affected or not as squinting when watching TV. Could be through tiredness though. I will looking up the Move on course after rads. Glad we are all moving on.x

Fairydust
You posh dude! A bar at home. Pink Gin and tonic please!!! Hope treatment went well and SE manageable. Whens rhe cat coming along?xx

Ali
Hope the rash is healing. It toom me one week for it to go with anti biotics and cream. It started peeling like sunburn too. Now not as dry and redness gone.xx

SueW
Hope you are coping well. How are you finding the soap? Im forgetting about buying too many clorhes atm as not sure wherher Im gonna put even more on. I got 2 loose fitting dresses at Joy which cover everything👍

Jow, Mrs Meow, Geordie, Whytefawn, Shi, Jencat, Ali S, Rhonaboat, Sib, Mishy, Meesh, thinking about you all.xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Well done in 5th chemo fairydust 😘😘glad carpets going down and that Julian McDonald drinks cabinet sound very lovely 😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Hello ladies.

Ahh I hope the aches and pains are gentler today CK and Cathysid..

Well done on your solo herceptin Cathy, glad it didn't take long and side effects will be bearable. Great news 're The prescription keep fit regime..go you!!

My chemo no 5 today. My neutrophils were 1.6 first time, no delay this time. I put it down to the 7 injections not 5 I had last time..but could be vitamin D I've been taking also. Either way, just one to go..v pleased.

My carpets and flooring started going down today massive upheaval in every room, but looks so glam, so pleased! Should complete tomorrow.

Bough a Julian McDonald gold mirrored cocktail cabinet. Will arrive soon. It will be perfect.

Happy camper today. Gonna eat some pasta before my tastebuds change again..

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Good afternoon, 

CK-  Glad you are over the worst of the chemo now. I feel similar to you - aches heavy legs, but I think it's slowly improving. 

I had herceptin on its own last Thursday. They gave it by slow injection in my thigh. It took 5 mins, then I was free to go! I had it done at my local outreach clinic so it was so much easier than the chemo.  I think I felt more tired for 2 days and had a dry mouth for 2 days with some foods, hot flushes have got much worse since the herceptin,  also now 4 days on bleeding gums have returned.  Theses are just minor niggles though compared to the chemo side effects! Generally I feel quite well.

i went to see a physio on Friday, too. She has given me some exercises to improve the strength and flexibility of my arthritic left hip, and when I see her next month if things have improved I will be getting exercise and  swimming, both with personalised exercise plan and coaching, on prescription. Fab. Cant wait to get moving again! 

This week its dentist and opticians then pre op checks before my op next week.

hope you have all had a good weekend,

cx

Chaffinch17

Glad that you are coming out the other side CK you were a real help to us October ladies with your detailed early posts. Don’t overdo it though.
Love the quote about today being a gift which is why it’s called the present. I will remember that and share it where I can. There is nothing like this to make you appreciate the here and now and the little things in life 😊
CK

Hi ladies
Hope all coping well and reaching final treatment. Ive been feeling normal for the past few days so been doing things I missed doing during treatment.
I did meet up with a couple of ladies from the forum for lunch and cake and coffee which was so lovely!

Still very tired though from final treatment on 19th Dec. The cough and cold went for the new year but seems to have come back. I seem to cough more when neck exposed so wearing a scarf helps and high necks. My lower body is still very achey, and thighs especially when going up and down the stairs. Food still tastes very bland but better now.

Ali, my awful rash which I think was burns from the T as I had them on my arms in line with my nerves has gone now. It was very red and stood out and on my eyelids. GP didnt know if cellulitus or burns so gave me antibiotics which treated the cough too.
It just went very dry and peeled, a bit like sunburn but has now gone. I do think it was SE of T rather than cellulitus. GP gave me Cetraben cream which is Paraben free and I've been slapping it on like a facemask and my skin not as dry now. The burns were on my eyelids and under my eyes too so it went very dry and skin leeled off but back to normal now.

My hair is slowing frowing back and I also have the soap Mishy has told us about from Lush. Just love the smell and texture of it too.

Nails are a little dark and I have put on about 3 kg but not too bothered as long as can soon feel less tired and stronger soon.

Have 4th Herceptin on Tuesday, so it will be good to catch up with the team. Glad there will be no chemo!!!

I was able to make it to a lovely wedfing ceremony yesterday which brought a tear to my eye when I saw the bride and groom. Still get emotional easily, especially when my daughter said my hair is growing back.
Im going to really miss her when she goes back to uni next week. She has been doing all the washing, ironing and cleaning...and feeding greedy Merlot.

All the best to all treatments this week.xx

Ali49

Chasndave. Thank you for your reply. It was on 9ne cheek this morning. Now ot is all over my face, on my neck and on my hand. Very weird. Itsnot sore but it is red and bumpy and feels a tad 'prickly'. If that makes sense! I hope yours clears soon xx
chasanddave

rashes for me on pertuzumab. ..All over my neck, had it also on my stomach and on my leg! mad itches too! my last one was last week so hoping this will all be a distant memory soon! I'm using dermol500 in the shower then sudocrem and Piriton when needed x
Mishy18

Yeah mojan its called new and its a shampoo soap bar its round and an orangey red colour i finished chemo on 1zt Nov so out of cycle by 23rd i bought it then so i haven't done to bad its thick on crown front sides and back finer but thats where it was still shiny bald after last chemo i had fuzzy stuff on crown im really pleased with it i think it will be a while before I can call it a style im more like an 80s skin head!!!
Ali49

I woke up today with a rashb9n my left cheek. Some by my ear andxsome underneath my eye and down. I phoned yhe helpline and the said come in to get checked. All was fine and they think its a reaction to pertuzemab. I know CK had a rash after a couple of her treatments. Anyone else? Xx
Moijan

Mishy. I was told it was called 'new' but could only find the one which you dissolve in hot water...is that it?

im going tomorrow to get some as my hair is fine, frizzy etc 3 months after final chemo and still not very thick xx

Moijanxx

Moijan

Ali, I do hope it works out....you could maybe go along for a shorter time, or if quite a trek, stay locally in a b+b so you can escape for a while if need be.....I felt lousy on Xmas day after lunch but had a lie down in a spare room for a while.

love and hugs🦋🦋🦋

Moijanxx

jow

Sue

i had mild bladder irritation too with T. A bit like cystitis except not so bad and didn’t need to wee all the time 

Jo x 

Ali49

Thanks Andi. I know that ifvi have myvtrestment on the wednesday, going by my last 2 trestments, i wouldnt be up to going on the saturday. My last treatment eas delayed by a week so didnt think it would be a problem to delay a week again. Anyway i will chat with my onc 9n wed and see what she says xx

SueW i had the bladder irritation bad after first T. I would go and then get an intense, painful feeling that i needed to go again. I also did the same when coughing and sneezin xc
Andi71

Ali49 - I know with Herceptin they don’t like to miss it.  You can only go over by 7 days max( this comes from my chemo nurses) the other chemo drugs stay in your system for 8 weeks.  So it’s the Herceptin that’s important.  Herceptin alone doesn’t give adverse symptoms and shouldn’t interfere with your celebrations. Still though, speak to your oncologist.

Mishy18

Pleased to hear some of you are trying the new soap from lush ive been using it since 23rd November as my last chemo was 1st figured not worth using till had cycle over well all i can say is its working for me i havean all over covering of hair its lovely and soft quite thick in texture in places the front and top of sides the last to come back but even that is fab its certainly impressed everyone at rads who are all rushing out to buy it after seeing my hair!! One lady said she's watched me coming in since xmas week and can't believe how much its come in since then! If it continues like this i reckon i could have a pixie in around another month!!!! I didn't get the oils might try those too x
SueW

Thanks mojan x drinking 2 litres a day at least and avoiding caffeine not an issue don’t like tea and coffee tastes 💩 lol
Can’t drink fizzy pop either aggrevates roof of my mouth 👍xxx
Moijan

Sue, a wee infection is one of the known s/e from some chemos.and my gp said that passing wee i.e. Getting caught short like that is a typical sign of infection...the bladder loses its usual sensation....drink at least a litre and a half of water a day, ........and avoid caffienr too...just for the moment

moijanxx

SueW

Sorry loads of typo then lol x
SueW

Thank you Mojan day 4 will be Monday so if it’s still happening I know I can pop into doctors hopefully asbitvstoppef day 4 lady time it will havecstopped Bt Monday xx
SueW

Thanks fairy
I was peri menopausal 2 years ago not been tested since diagnosed but no period since mirena removed in July and it stops day 3/4 just think it must be another chemo gift x thank you for replying xxx
Moijan

Sue W, have had that Sue, when I've had a wee infection, drink loads of water and pop a specimen into your gp or the hospital for testing in case, yes you CAN get a sensitive bladder, but drinking loads of water will help if it's due to the treatment. Also vaginal thrush can make your bladder feel sensitive .....

check out out the quickest way to get a spec tested and go from there xx

Moijan🤗🙏

Fairydust 14

Hi SueW

I don't have the wee situation any more, but before diagnosis I did. I was peri menopausal then and it was a part of that I believe plus the fact that I eventually learned I have lots of fibroids in / on my womb. I had an ultrasound to diagnose the fibroids. Fibroids aren't cancerous and can be removed but can grow back. They leave my stomach very bloated but won't go away.

. I could be in the car driving after just been to the loo, to be sure I could make the journey, and then need to go! So yes, tenna ladies became routine for me. It was an intense thing, as it would come at no moments notice from deep within.  I don't remember sneezing or coughing bringing I on but it was summer mainly when I suffered so didn't cough or sneeze much. My periods when they happened were very very heavy and lasted virtually all month too.

It's stopped now, but hot flushes and cold flushes remain. My hot flushes also are very intense, and I can be soaked in sweat in no to.me.  This can happen at any time,anywhere too.

Good job I sleep alone as can't imagine another person's heat in the bed as well...! I tried HRT but for one month only, as it brought on a period which was horrifically heavy, and I decided it was not for me.

My periods have stopped now, but I am advised to see my GP if they return.

So to summarise, check menopausal status first, then fibroid status.

Hope it helps Sue!!

Fairydust x