373871posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Fairydust 14

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Thanks Ali, thanks Cathy. I see my oncologist tomorrow...gonna be strong and insist he do something! (gulp).

CK, wishing you so much love and luck for today. Bless. 

Fairydust x

Ali49

Ck all good wishes for tomorrow..wil be thinking of you and saying a prayer that all goes well. Lots of love x

Fairydust hope your onc listens xxx
Cathysid

Good evening,
I’m doing ok. Still getting about 120ml fluid from my drain every day so wondering if it will come out on Tuesday or if I will end up keeping it till Friday. I was full of energy yesterday but today back in pjs and sleepy - I seem to alternate between feeling good and doing stuff days followed by complete rest days.
I’m doing my physio exercises with no problems. Not in pain at all either. I’m very impressed with how neat the two wounds are.

Meesh, well done finishing chemo and hope the rads are more manageable. Let us know how you get on.

Mrs M - hope you are sailing along now. I bet your tempted to rents a room near the hospital for a month to save all those travel miles.

Ck - good luck tomorrow. Hope you are not kept waiting too long and that you have a good team looking after you. I’ve had lymph node clearance and it’s actually ok. Be prepared for an interrupted nights sleep though, if they keep you in. They like to poke and prod you every couple of hours! Also take some nice snacks and have someone on standby to bring you some yummy food in if the food there is grim. A sleep eye mask, or pulling your sleep hat over your eyes helps with sleep, too. You’ll be fine!

Fairydust - when is your next meeting with your oncologist? Sounds like you are ready for the discussion with her now.

Take care all,
Cx
Fairydust 14

Thanks Meesh. I am thrilled for all you October ladies getting through chemo so bravely. You are all super women and w onder women rolled into one..I still am so worried about my next T which will be my last.  I have sought advice about it, hope the onc will allow me to at last resort have one more FEC rather than T, as although  also hated FEC, I hate T even more .

I envy you having a new kitchen, that will be great!! What colour scheme?

I have my rads set up session on Wednesday, where I get positioned and tattooed. I'm sure you will hear about your rads shortly, or else phone your bcn perhaps, and ask her to sort if for you if she can...

Fairydust x

Meesh73

Morning September ladies! Just checking in to see how you all are doing?

Cathy sounds like the op went well hope you're now recovering. As others have said just take it easy, do your exercises but don't overdo them. I had a WLE and SNB prior to chemo and was in and out the same day, I didn't gave a drain so can't comment on that. They kept me about 30 - 45 mins after recovery enough time for a drink and sandwich and then discharged me.

CK, good luck for your op tomorrow hope it goes well for you. We'll be thinking of you!

Fairydust, house sounds amazing, I'm planning my own redecorating starting with our kitchen and utility refit 26 Feb, which is bound to clash with rads but we've already delayed it once! Then want to decorate the lounge and get new carpets. Although bit worried as our cat has a habit of peeing on them. Do hope you get a cat, you might find getting a cat that's a year or so old a better move as my kitten did climb the curtains!

I had my last chemo on Friday! 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🛎🛎🛎🎉🎊just need to get over the SEs now and meds then it's off to rads for me, although no dates set yet.

hope you all have a good Sunday and CK rest up prior to op tomorrow! Just like to thank you wonderful 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻ladies fir all the knowledge and advice you've provided us October ladies with! 😘😘🤗🤗

Fairydust 14

Morning ladies. Snowing here, looking pretty. Won't last, but a nice wintry outlook and start to the day.

Cathysid, just wandering how you are a few days post surgery? Hope dealing with drain ok still, and resting up as required, maybe even being pampered a little by your OH.

Once drain removed, try to do all your physiotherapy exercises every day. They're so important even if a little tedious! 

All best

Fairydust x

Ali49

Think8ng of ypu Ck. Just think it will soon be done and dusted xxx
Fairydust 14

Hi CK.

Thinking of you this weekend...don't worry about surgery, you'll be in very good hands I'm sure.

Cassie, that charity event takes some organising, good on you! Both you and CK have so much enthusiasm for fundraising, it's exceptional.

Fairydust x

CK

Good luck with your charity event and well done for last chemo Whytefawn. Now rest up for a bit. My last one was the most tiring and kept forgetting need to get through it.

Just having more Liver and Onions for iron as was low last week

Now getting anxious for op on Monday bit will keep myself busy tonight and tomorrow👍👍
WhyteFawn

Glad your psychic night went well. I've organised a psychic demo with ghost hunt at the very haunted Ripon Workhouse in north Yorkshire. It'll be in 14th July and all profit going to breast cancer care. Tickets are £50 and lasts from 7.30pm until 2am. If anyone is interested let me know. It should be a great night. A medium called Barrie John is doing the mediumship demo he's fantastic and been on tv quite a bit so he know his stuff.
WhyteFawn

Hi everyone. I hope you are all ok.
Yesterday I had my last chemo!!! I rang that bell so load I'm surprised you all didn't hear it. Final side effects. Next step for me is to see my surgeon on 30th to discuss what we're going to do. Ready to move on and get next step done and out of the way.

Cassie x
CK

Hi ladies. Looks like we are all moving on with treatments and glad to see you all doing well and getting on with refurbishings, get togethers and breaks! Ive still got a long way yet with op and rads but will get there!!🤞🤞
Ive tried to do lots before my Auxillary Lymph node op and clear margins on Monday.
I went for pre op on Weds and slightly anaemic so been eating lots of Broccoli, Spinach, Steak, Liver and drinking guniness🍺Then went for bloods again rhis morning and now prepared for Monday.

I still get tired easily since last T on 19th December, nearly one month ago but I do try to fit a load in when I can. My burns on face have cleared and luckily no scars and rhe cough and cold have all cleared and hopefully stay away now. My thighs still get achey going up stairs but easing off now.
Taste buds back to normal so appetite back to normal and not as greedy as no steroids!
Feet still tingle and Cannula arm gets a twinge now and then but keep doing exercises. Ive been grateful to my veins theoughout treatment but I used to really hate them sticking out. Not any more!

I still sctratch and bruise easily but that will hopefully ease off too.
Hair growing back and still using Mishys recommenation for Lush soap shampoo which smells devine!

Had another Psychic night on Weds and raised some more funds for my local cancer care centre and now organising events for Chinese New Year of the Dog which carrys on for 15 days and Valentines Day.
Had a catch up with a couple of ladies for New Year and enjoyed a few drinks after not wanting any throughout chemo. Sambicca and lemonade is my new drink. Similar to Pernod but Sambucca is cool😄
Now just going to work until op as I will be out of action for a while. Need to stock up my freezer again.
Right, nap now b4 work later😘😘😘

Fairydust 14

Yes Cathy, MrsMeow is right, there is so much that can be done in a shady area, even real looking artificial plants and wall or fence coverings, for realistic lush greenery without the effort! I have to confess I only have artificial plants indoors as I am no good with real plants. They do look real though.

Thanks for the pinterest idea MrsMeow, again a v good idea. That will be my weekend then,  spent online researching. I'm in no hurry to do the build just as long as it's done sometime this year I think. I have a new bath to fit first as my existing one has really had it unfortunately. 

Ok. MrsMeow, I can't believe you have a 4 hour roundtrip for daily rads. I so feel for you. Will you get help with travel costs at all? I do hope so. Glad it went well for you. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and advice and tips on what to do. It must be a v strange feeling. I've never even had a ct scan before (I think). Quite interested in the experience though. 

Ensure to rest now MrsMeow, the roundtrip alone must tire you out.

Take care of you.

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Cathy so glad you are comfortable - I had some consequences in my view from my drain coming out too quick so hope Noone is in a hurry to remove yours before time - but hope you can rest, read and sleep with it too
Fairydust your orangery plans sound fab - have you harnessed pinterest to look at what others have done - I have a huge pinterest board to give me ideas for our woodland - sadly still waiting for the skilled labour to appear and this gardener lost a year with being diagnosed on 1st june - so good for the wellbeing these outside spaces - even the shady ones cathy!
Managed second rads today without tears rolling into ears! Was so quick - even though an unnatural position with arms held above head was all over in under 5 mins - not even a whole Ed sheeran song! They are keen that it is comfortable and we're patient with this so if you don't feel right Cathy they will persevere. So 4 mins and a 4 hour round trip...
Hope everyone is cosy and restful today - our heating bills will all be thought the roof but worth it to feel comfy and warm xx
Fairydust 14

Hi Cathy. So pleased you're not sore and are draining well. Strange the fluids our bodies isn't it? 

Great that you're relaxing with a good book. My fave past time. 

I don't remember being given steroids and antibiotics after my ops, but sounds like a good thing I didn't. 🙂

Take care of you. x

're The orangery, it will be amazing. I have a sunny garden which is laid to lawn and is very muddy a lot of the time. It's clay soil so difficult to grow things, although some things randomly grow really well like my neighbour's bamboo which is all over the back of the garden but actually looks great all lush a d green year round.. I need to use the space for internal use instead as I never can use the lawn so may as well build on it. It's not huge, just large enough.  The bamboo and wooden gazebo I had built can stay though as can 2 trees I have. It's going to take a clever builder to work around what I want to keep and what I want to build on!

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Well, I made it home late yesterday afternoon. Very tired today but not sore. Draining well - got 160ml yesterday. Just want to rest in bed today and read a book. They gave me a dose of steroid with my anaesthetic to prevent sickness which I think made me feel like superwoman yesterday! I was given a course of antibiotics to go home with which have turned my stomach into a washing machine, too.

Mrs.M - well done with getting through the first rads. How long does each session take? I hate being stuck in awkward positions for endless time in the ct scanner and imagine it to be similar? Hope they at least have radio to listen to! At least you got a bonus radio moon!

Fairydust - a sun room sounds so lovely! Wish we had one. Our back yard is always in the shade though so we can’t attach one to the house.

Ck - hope you are not worrying about your op. Is it Monday? If you are going to SH hospital they are very good and looked after me well.

Ali - I’ve found I’m more clumsy with chemo especially using knives or banging my head! Look after those hands. Indoor soft gloves might help too.

Jow - hope you are having fun

Jacqui - hope you are well.

Cx
Fairydust 14

Hi Ali, oh your poor thumbs! We don't know how much we need them till we don't have them. Please take care. Don't slice your bread maybe, just  tear chunks out of it as they do traditionally in France!!

Thanks for the orangery idea. I like that idea!  Never occurred to me. I will look into it. 

I hope everyone has a lovely day. The. Winter sun is streaming through my Windows and clearly shows they need a clean. Have to find a window cleaner. 

Fairydust x

Ali49

Fairydust your house sounds lovely. My friend had an orangery with skylight windows and bifild doors added to her house instead of a conservatory and its amazing!

Cathy hope you got home safely and getting plenty of rest.

Mrs meow, thank goodness for the macmillan advice hey. How are we supposed to know what we can claim otherwise? No wonder tbere are so many benefits left unclaimed. Really hope it helps you financially xx

Thanks for the advoce about thumbs Cathy
They are so bloomin sore. It didnt help that i cut one of them while slic8ng bread tonight either. Its sudocrem and plasters tonight xx

Fairydust 14

Thanks MrsMeow.

Many congratulations on your 1st rads. Wishing you a great nights sleep now and all rested for tomorrow. At least you get a weekend break soon to take stock. All best to you! I won't be looking for you floating past in your nightie lol. 🙂

Great news 're The benefits conversation. Can't be easy for you having that work stress along with bc treatments. It's so not fair, but please do all you can to ensure you get all you are entitled to, and can get some financial peace.

I have phoned breast cancer care helpline for support, and will be ok now I think. Feel so much better for my decision. I have been sleepwalking into this chemo regime, now I've woken up and started to take control.

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Hi Cathy - have been thinking of you and hope your recovery continues well and you start to feel strong soon as you have been through a lot of extra hard work these last few weeks. Fairydust so glad you are getting nice things for your palace - definitely a time for treats - I hope you get listened to on Mon as it is something that would stress me the most if I thought someone wasnt hearing what I was saying properly - are you taking someone to the appointment to be on team Fairydust? Sometimes that can have an effect. Just to say my worst SE from chemo and after T was when they were all finished so there is a cumulative effect too which I had not expected so a further round may add more than just one more lot of SE to deal with if you understand me. Good luck with it all Enjoy birthday-moon Jo - I had an unexpected radio-moon as we stayed in a hotel last night prior to first radiotherapy today as the weather warning meant we risked not making it - so an unexpected dinner out in the city was lovely. Day 1 of rads done - would like to say it was nothing as obvs it doesnt hurt etc but these machines are so not my thing I would rather have injections than do this - it is a particular fear but I managed and only 18 to go I also finally spoke to a Macmillan person about the redundancy today and discovered we can get help with the traveling (over 100 miles every day) which will be fantastic - and lots of other benefit advice etc so I can get onto all that when finally am unemployed next week - what a thought! All best to everyone tonight hope you are keeping cosy - am not wearing anything restrictive over the irradiated skin tonight but is way to bloomin cold to be floating about outside in my nightie to cool down haha! xx
Fairydust 14

Yay, Cathy. So pleased you're doing well. Really thought you'd be home by now. My hospital couldn't get me out quick enough..about half an hour or so after recovery from surgery!

My home is only a two bedroom newbuild, but I'm trying to make it more me after all these years. It's cause I'm not working through chemo so now finally have the time to plan, organise and change things. I'm no big spender but the lack of investment in the property over the years is showing, so it's time to get it up to today's standard so to speak. I've spent all my time here working early, getting home late if in the office, travelling to different offices in the UK. No time to spend on the house. I ultimately want an extension or brick built conservatory, and a new kitchen and boiler, as these 2 are very out of date. 

I was hoping to move before my bc diagnosis, but now may stay and develop it instead. It was only meant to be a starter home, but never met Mr Right to move to the next level with!

I called the breast cancer care helpline to discuss my chemotherapy decision. They  Will try to connect me with someone else who did this and they may call me before my oncologist meeting on Monday. Will keep you posted.

Cathysid

Happy birthday jow and husband! Hope you have a lovely time inLondon.

Ali - I got Udderly smooth cream with urea from my team for my split thumbs but really they didn’t heal until after the last chemo. Avoiding washing up, washing the kids and dogs, and moisturising lots stopped them getting worse though. Not long now - your two thirds of the way through and the last two rounds will pass quicker than the first few rounds, I promise!
Fairydust, your house is going to be like a palace! Fabulous. Hope your oncologist can listen to your worries and address them this time round.
I’m going home soon, well, if my antibiotics ever arrive!!! Keeping the drain in for a few more days. Worried my spaniel May pull it out as he loves to jump on me in bed when I wake up in the morning! Still not sore, completely numb actually on inner arm and outer chest wall so that’s probably why.
I feel normal after the anaesthetic- no hangover at all! Amazing!

Cx
Fairydust 14

Morning. 

Hope you had a really deep sleep Cathysid, and are all set to go him today. Straight back to bed and sleep some more if you need, otherwise drink fluids, eat what you want and just relax. Your body is under trauma and now the healing begins x

Jow, happy birthday for this week! Enjoy your chemomoon. As long as your cozy London hotel room is big enough for 2 and sumptuous, don't worry about the size!  Enjoy your lovely food too.

I have been on full-doze T Jow, and my onc refused to lower it when last I spoke to him, I don't know why he won't listen to me. He did say he would have to throw the second most aggressive chemotherapy treatment at me, but surely he has to take into count my reactions to it. I'm sure radiotherapy will do all it can to remove any particles in me without one more T. Let's see how I go. I see my onc on Monday, then my radiotherapy planning meeting to get tattooed etc on Tuesday.

On a lighter note, I'm in need of a new bath, and am searching online for the perfect Victorian bath, cause I love that style. Rolltop with feet and lovely old fashioned taps and shower head. A bit incongruous in a house that's only 21 years old, with a cozy bathroom, but it's what I want, so why not! Need tiles too...it all adds up doesn't it?!

Be happy all.

Fairydust x

Ali49

Well done Cathy. Hope you're notvtoo sore today and remember the anaesthetic might make you a bit weepy. Keep those painkillers going xx

CK so lovely to hear from you. I bet you cant believe how far you have come!!

I am good thanks. I am feel8ng more tired and have sore thumbs with splits on the ends but keeping them covered in sudocrem helps. On the whole thpugh, i am as normal as can be expected. My 6th chemo next Wed 24th then only one more to go on Valentines day! Hope all your SE's have passed xxx
jow

Oh glad it went well Cathy and that you’re not in pain. Sounds rather nice- M and S food and a magazine- hope u enjoy it and a bit of enforced rest. 

Sorry T is so grim for you Fairydust. I can’t remember whether you have been on full dose or not, because another option may be to go for a reduced dose so side effects not so terrible?

Ive been celebrating my birthday this week, so lots of tasty food, but sadly no karaoke! Husband’s birthday too this week so we are off to London  with the younger boys staying in daughter’s student house and we are in a trendy hotel.  The room is described as ‘cosy’. Guess it will be small. Not sure if this is a chemomoon or a pre radiotherapy moon but hope I have the energy to enjoy it, 

Jo x 

Fairydust 14

Hi Cathysid! 

Been offline for a bit or would have checked on you before now. Glad you got through it. Brave lady! 

Shame about the guide wire but really pleased it turned out successfully, and that you're not in pain. The glu is amazing isn't it. You think you need at least one bandage but no...Just glu. How's your drain?

Glad hubby is looking after you and will be there for you.  🙂

I'm so used to being alone I can't let people look after me. I just manage but put my foot down when something's too much. So, my onc best watch out. 🙂

Sleep well. And rest rest and rest some more.

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Ck - glad to see you are having fun and enjoy your time before surgery! You are so brave to do karaoke! Go you!

Fairydust- sorry to hear the T has floored you. I don’t know how I’d have got through it if I was living on my own. I certainly wouldn’t have managed cooking food for myself! Is there anyone who can stay with you for a few days and look after you?

I had my operation at 2pm today. They had a bit of a faff getting the guide wire into my boob as they couldn’t find the marker on ultrasound. I had to go in and out of mammography and X-ray and it took a couple of attempts and lots of X-rays to get it placed right. Op went well as far as I can tell! Wounds just glued and no dressings and looking good. Not in pain and feelingfab after iv steroids. Think I will sleep well tonight though.
Looking forward to my partner arriving with m&s food and magazine to read. He might have to help me into my pjs before he leaves.
Thanks for all the support x
Fairydust 14

Hi CK. Glad you're doing ok. Sing your heart out! What's your best song? I'm a terrible singer but still sing to myself in the shower sometimes!

Hope your pre-op goes well. I'm sure it will though. 🙂

I have been on the October thread recently. I've not been a happy lady this week with my T side effects. I'm not going to have my 6th one. It's taking too much out of me. See what my onc says, but I'm adamant I want to go straight to rads now. Chemo is too much. And my breathlessness is terrible. I can hardly walk up and downstairs and living alone, I need to be able to do things by myself. One more T might tip me over the edge where I can't move, so hope he accepts my decision.

Fairydust x

Fairydust 14

Thinking of you Cathysid. 🙂

I was last in I think for my surgeries, but had a really nice sunny waiting room to sit in in my gown and slippers, rather than a ward. However, nursing staff were v friendly, but didn't fuss over me too much which was good! Wasn't able to eat of course, but they gave me a very small cup of water to sip on eventually.

Are you having an SNB, sentinel node biopsy? This is a blue nuclear dye they put in your boob to see where it goes in your lymph nodes. This turns your boob blue and takes ages to go away but isn't v painful.

After surgeries, they made me tea and toast which was amazing to eat! Best tea and toast ever! Then went home!

Good luck!!

Fairydust x

CK

Hi ladies
Hope treatments are going well. Ive been keeping myself busy before my op next Monday. Went out with the girls yesterday and ended up karaoking in a bar which had 3 people in it!
Off for ECG and pre op now with my friend. Its sooooo cold! Then tonight we have a Psychic night raising for local cancer care centre.

Cathysid
Hope all good today and you can go home and you heal well.x

Ali
Hows things. Hope the T is treating you well.xx

Mrs Meow
Hope all well with tbe heart rate and nearly rhere.x

Fairydust
Well done and thanks for sharing. My turn next week

Ali49

Good luck Cathysid xxx
chasanddave

Oh how weird. u need a trashy magazine to distract you! x
Cathysid

Thanks Fairydust, Shi and jacqui,

I was admitted at 6.30am - two ops before mine so it’s going to be a long wait I think! My partner was sent straight home and it’s dark on my ward as everyone is sleeping! Very surreal!
chasanddave

Will be thinking about you tomorrow Cathysid. hope you get a good night's sleep later. jacqui x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Zip front cardigan or zip front fleece very comfy for after op, dressing gown with pockets or inside tie but to carry the bottle that’s on the tube for a few days after makes it easier to get mobile, M&S do good front opening bras too and s pair of sliders for feet, easier and more hygienic. Joe that helps lovely 😘😘😘💕💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

I had my WLE and recon ops as day surgery. Home same evening, but all hospitals are different.

The drain itself for me was about the same size as a pint of milk in a plastic bottle from supermarket. You may be given a jug type syringe to symphony the fluid out from the drain and it as measurements on the side so you can record how much you drain each day. Then just flush the fluid down the loo. Wash everything out and put the air back in the drain and good to go again!

I was given a cross body cotton bag to put the drain in and made it easy to carry around. This goes under your t shirt or shirt or pjs and hung down to my hips. Be careful not to sit on the drain whilst on the sofa etc..

Your front fastening bras sound ideal. I got soft sport bras in really bright colours as it was summer when I had the drain, so looked quite nice under a vest top sometimes.

Wow, I've come a long way since then. I hadn't told my family I'd had bc at that point so went through it pretty much alone by choice. They would have fussed too much and now they do know, it's a bit overwhelming with all their fussing...but can't be helped. I could use a holiday! 

Memories, memories..

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Thanks everyone. I’ve just picked up two post surgery front fastening bras from Asda. They seem good quality and supportive. Had to get skin coloured as they had run out of black. Not the most attractive but definitely functional! I got medium and I’m a 36b - they seem to fit ok. Might have got away with small but was worried they would be too tight if there’s any post op swelling. I’m meant to sleep in them too. £15 for two so very good value.
I’ve got summer pjs that button up the front so they will have to do. I usually live in long sleeved tunics/dresses with leggings so might have to raid Paul’s wardrobe for shirts and oversized T shirts.
I should only be in one night - when I get home I plan to live in my pjs 🙂
Going to make a list and pack my bag now!
X
Fairydust 14

Good luck for Wednesday Cathy. 

After my op, I was able to wear loose t shirts or oversize shirts. Just be careful when you pull your t shirt down to straighten it, that you remember the drain hose underneath. The number of times I pulled the t shirt and caught the drain too.... it's uncomfortable/painful, as the stitches holding the drain hose to your body are easy to pull and feels like they could come lose, so be very gentle please.

Sleeping with the drain is doable, but be careful. I think I used a pillow to protect the drain and stop me  turning over and pulling the drain out in my sleep.

I had the drain for 7 or 8 nights I think, blessed relief when it was finally removed! 

Fairydust x

Ali49

Good luck for Wednesday Cathy xx
chasanddave

Hi Cathysid. deep breaths for you hun. I've been advised to get front opening nighties but not had any luck yet. (but I'll need them cos getting DIEP too, so I'm sure you can get away with front opening jama top?). Also read that Asda do range of post surgical bras which are more reasonably priced than Marksies.
how long r u expecting to stay in?
Jacqui x
Cathysid

Hi there!
I have my op on Wednesday this week. Any suggestions of what clothes it’s best to wear after the op? I’m having WLE and LN clearance. Will I be able to get into a jumper after the op? Or loose t shirt and cardigan? I know I will have a drain, just can’t imagine what shape/size it will be and if it will require lots of space! I must have too much time on my hands to be worrying about this!
Hope you are all ok,
Cx
Cathysid

Ja qui,

You sound very brave about the surgery ahead. Remember it's normal to have worries and concerns so, as Fairydust says, feel free to off load on here.  Lots of love xxx

CK

Mrs Meow
You can still fly past in your nightie with your cat from time to time:)xx😻😻😻
Fairydust 14

Oh ChasandDave, I'm impressed at your humour and attitude, that will stand you in good stead. It's still a tough operational procedure you are undertaking, so if you need to rant or query anything, just say. I had a wle pre chemo, so you're going through more than I did, but I  can appreciate the thoughts that may occur as the time draws near for you.

We will be thinking of you, and will be with you in breathless spirit, if that makes sense. 🙂

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Goodbye for now, Mrs.Meow,

hope the rads are ok and the long round trip not too exhausting.  A friends mum who had rads last year said that the tiredness tends to hit you around day 10, so be ready for it! Also she said it's a walk in the park compared to chemo :-).  Hope all your residual side effects lift soon, cx

chasanddave

Hi Cassie. My surgery is the 8th Feb, which will be 4 weeks from last chemo. Bizarrely looking forward to finally getting 'Chas & Dave' lopped off for good! (I'm sure I won;t be saying that the night before!). I am reassured though by how many ladies comment on how easy it is compared to chemo. 

Fairydust - I too am breathless - just doing every day things: putting a wash on, walking up the stairs, putting shopping away etc..It does scare me and I just hope it eases before the surgery.

Love to all of you, hoping the last chemo session is a relief. I wasn't as elated as I thought I'd be, but I think it's just because I had a round of side effects to get though! For many of us on here, we're moving on to another phase of our weird journet, so good luck to us all, Jacqui xxx

Fairydust 14

Oh, thanks MrsMeow, I guess being out of breath takes over us all at some point, but your heart rate must be a concern. Hope it remains settled for you as time progresses. You've been a great support on this thread.

Well we will miss you as you pop over to rads, hope they look after you there and maybe we'll join other ladies there later. Take care of you and yours. 🙂

Fairydust x

Ps: Will update on kitten news later in year after my rads recovery..

MrsMeow

Morning lovelies - Fairydust my breathlessness and fast heart rate was actually caused by the steroids - it nearly delayed chemo and I had several ecgs (HR was over 140) but then it was decided that it was just what I do with high dose steroids - took a few days to settle post chemo and i still have my moments now and it's scary but looks like is settling.
Wishing all who are due surgery soon the best of love and luck - I had surgery before chemo - wle and node clearance of 21 nodes.
Am going to bounce over to radiotherapy threads as starting next week but will still check in to see how all September ladies are doing - and have to find out if you get a kitten Fairydust!
Cathy CK JoW Geordie Ali and others take good care and hopefully our concrete legs will improve soon - I am less zoomy than even after surgery - guessing it all adds up and gets to us in the end - hope that means the chemo has worked really well - I so don't want to do this again! Xx
Cathysid

Hi CK,

i have WLE and lymph node clearance on 17 th.  Where are you having your op? 

Cx

Fairydust 14

Thanks Ali. Yes, your reply makes sense. Good to know it's a known reaction, and I can just accept it and hope to deal with it. It's an unusual feeling running out of breath for something so day to day. Thanks again. 

I have very achy bones now too, just started as of last night. Feel as if I'm being internally kicked or punched all over randomly, but put this down to injections which I now take at night. And jaw and head aches too.  But temperature ok. 36 at last check from 35.8 so getting better.

Will take strong painkillers at some point, once I can find them. Bit of a random sleep night in meantime,  with weird dreams, but also time to reflect and consider after upheaval of last few days. 

You ladies keep me together. 

Hope all ok with you all.

Fairydust x