373821posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Mishy18

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Fairy re the add asprin trial i wanted to do it being Tn was really disappointed to be turned down due to the problems with my stomach (having endoscopy may 1st) i will see what that out is and maybe try again, apparently you shouldn't take asprin if you suffer stomach problems, they do sell Gastro resistant one so I might end up taking them anyway!
The stats thing is another hard thing to deal with i think especially as we are all individuals i was not too happy with them i was given over 50% in my favour for 3 years with no recurrence, then it starts to improve after that, apparently after 5 years my risk of reoccurring disease drops significantly i don't know about survival rates i wasn't told but my onc was quite clear about different recurrences in breast same knind of treatments as before anywhere else no longer curative treatment
well stuff that I have closed my ears to stats percentages etc i will just do everything i can to improve my chances inc some lifestyle changes diet etc and live in hope instead of constantly living in fear which i have done quite a lot and be great to be alive and well as i am also coming very close to diagnosis which although was officially 26th i see it as this Friday 13th day of biopsy when i just knew and was being told to prepare for bc results and really i have been through such a lot in a year but how far i have come also made it to the other side so to speak
Its good to see you all getting on well after everything take care ladies x
Fairydust 14

Hi Jencat, yes I'm TN. I'll take a look at Lesleys comments in the November thread..Thanks!

Jencat

Are you TN Fairy Dust as I notice you've mentioned the asprin trial and Lesley from the Nov thread has mentioned it x

MrsMeow

Hi everyone - thanks so much for sharing your survival stats thoughts - I know from my Maggie's group that there are strong feelings in several ways about what they mean and if they should be discussed at all. I did ask the onco and she was good giving me a 10% extra protection against recurrence figure for the letrozole (I had no idea) and similar figures as you all re 5 and 10 year survival. I love the quote though that I am 100% me - and I will remember this of course - but was interesting to have discussions with my daughters who are in their 20s as we end up discussing when they plan to have children etc - I think they just want to make sure I am around to babysit! Cathy I really hope your radiotherapy has started or at least is planned - its an awful thing to wait for any treatment no matter what it is. Hope your exercise plan is going well Fairy - I am very excited that I have lost over 10kg since finishing treatment mid feb - not that it makes me look any better as I had put it all on over chemo. My mum said to me 'what did you eat to lose that much?' to which the answer was - nothing! Not true have just cut down and have been very hungry but the plan is to get back to pre-diagnosis weight and stay there - not easy on medication! Is anyone else coming to the anniversary of diagnosis - is weird to think that a year ago life was zooming along with no knowledge what was ahead. Jow when is your surgery? All best to you - hope treatment is gradually coming to a close - we are dotting to Naples next week to celebrate here - first time on a plane and I used to fly for work every week it will be so strange. I didn't quite get rid of my onco sadly - my liver is still keeping me as a customer and it will be scanned for the 3rd time soon but they don't think is cancer... but all else is going quite well apart from being so creaky and sore at night but definitely getting there Take care all x
Fairydust 14

Hi Cathysid, Ali, MrsMeow,Jow 

Sorry not been on for a while, been a bit lethargic the last few weeks, a bit like you describe Ali , in a bit of a silent phase, and have a  bad chest infection now, coughing and lost my voice!!

Can't believe your radiotherapy non existent plan Cathy, that's not good at all. My radiotherapy team were amazing, so am surprised all aren't as on the ball, I do hope that it is sorted for you soon. I found radiotherapy went well for me, but am so exhausted now all treatment is over. I may go into a clinical trial for aspirin..to see if it will reduce the timescale for cancer recurrence. Have an oncologist appointment next week to discuss it further. I will be on a placebo, or a low dose of medication or a high dose of medication, but I will be randomly assigned by the research team so neither me or my oncologist will know which tablets I get. I may as well do it and help other ladies coming behind me with this unfortunate diagnosis. 😞

Well done to you Jow for making the decision to take part in your trial.:-) I really hope your surgery goes well next week. Thinking of you. Glad you had a lovely holiday..I hope to go somewhere in the summer, not sure where or when, but have loads of annual leave still to take so hope I can take it when I go back to work that is, I do wonder how I will cope with work next month, I will need a phased return..I hope work will be patient with me.

Thanks for your cat photo MrsMeow, they are gorgeous, I concede defeat, I have no energy for a cat..but I enjoy watching cat videos on YouTube!!

In terms of survival statistics, I asked my oncologist the question and got 76% 5 year survival to increase by potentially 7% with chemotherapy/radiotherapy, which isn't bad,  but now I have a new oncologist I will ask again.

I need to exercise more so will try to work on this in next few weeks I think!

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Hi everyone,
I am still waiting for radiotherapy! Turned up for my planning appointment last week only to find that the radiotherapy team(and my oncologist!!!) had no idea what the plan was!!! They kept asking me how many sessions and where they were targeting - I relayed what the surgeon had told me but in the end they decided to go away, read my notes, and come up with a plan. Going back to try again on Tuesday. Hmmmm

I did broach the subject of survival statistics. They said nhs predict was the most accurate for stats, but there was no point really. If there was a 25% chance of recurrence I just had to make sure I was in the 75% that survive! True enough.

How did your chat go, MrsM? How do you feel being discharged?

Jo, good luck with the surgery on 17th. Glad you got the iv zometa approved. Hope the clinical trial goes well.

Ali - have you had rads yet?

I have good days where I feel almost normal and bad days with fatigue and achey legs. Think I’m improving still ...

Fairy dust- how are you getting on?

Cx
Ali49

Hi Jow,.10 weeks from end of chemo and 6 weeks after masectomy and i seem to have turned a corner with fatigue and lethargy. I am trying to be more active and walking a lotmore so i think that is helping. This is only 8n the last 2 week though as i was feeling shattered before xx
jow

Thanks Cathy- my eyes are the same, mostly ok indoors but not good outside. I’ve now been referred to ophthalmology. My oncologist said she hadn’t had anyone with persistent tearing before.
Yes I can see that may feel a bit odd Mrs Meow, suddenly to be cut off from the oncologists. I did have that conversation about survival and recurrence. It was better than the internet suggested but not an easy conversation. I do assume now that I’m likely to be OK and hope I can live my life like that.

I’m still at the hospital a lot it feels and will continue to have regular check ups as I’m in a trial . I have just been randomised to receive the test drug, called Palbociclib. I have to stop it temporarily though in 5 days as I’m having surgery on 17th (ovary removal). The CCG have also approved for me to have the iv zometa rather than the oral bisphosphonate which is good.

Ali how is your lethargy. I’m often very tired, and do worry how I will cope with work- I’m hoping to go back in June once I have recovered from the op.
And Fairydust how are you?

Jo x
MrsMeow

Jow your holiday sounds amazing well done for embracing it all. Cathy have you started rads? Hope everyone is doing well - I have what I think is the last oncology appointment tomorrow before being handed over to the surgeons for follow up for ever or near enough! I'm nervous for tomorrow but not really sure why. I also feel like I want a conversation about statistics and recovery - has anyone else had these brutal conversations? Am not sure if this is something they will tell me or not but I would rather ask the team re survival than be at the mercy of google... Luckily have booked a treat night away so whatever they say I have something to look forward to.. xx
Cathysid

Glad you had a fab week in Cornwall, jo.
I never managed to get my tear duct flushes as I was snowed in when I was meant to be going to my ophthalmology appointment! The next free appointment they had was in May. My left eye is still watery so I will get it checked out then. Mine is worse in cold windy weather but ok indoors now.

Impressed with your late night! I rarely make it past 10pm. We’ve been up north for Easter - haven’t had too much chocolate but have been looked after by my mum so lots of cheese and biscuits, homemade fruit loaf and breads. Oops. Back to my healthy diet at home from today! Dying for a green smoothie!!!
I have my radiotherapy planning appointment this afternoon. Off I go again. Think I have 15 plus 5 boosters planned.

Hope you e all had a lovely Easter xxx
jow

Hello and Happy Easter everyone!

I had a lovely week away in Cornwall. Seeing seals and dolphins and the beautiful beaches were a real highlight.

Had 15 for lunch yesterday and now recovering - although everyone was very helpful. 

My eyes are still very watery- Cathy did you have your tear ducts probed and did it work?  One of my friends (who hasn’t had cancer) has raved about Revitalash to help lengthen and thicken lashes.  Has anyone tried it?  It is very expensive but has 20% off at the moment so I’m considering it although wary of putting anything near my eyes .

Ali sorry to hear you are so weary,  i think it is probably to be expected  after that ordeal but you could get your bloods rechecked.  I’m def feeling less tired and stayed up til midnight on Saturday night after a dinner party which is good for me even before BC. I’ve been anaemic since mastectomy but having bloods done again this week for the PALLAS clinical trial.  I’ve not started it yet as white cell service were too low when tested 2 weeks ago.

Ive eaten way too much chocolate. My husband will need to take our eggs into work for his colleagues as I just don’t have the willpower to resist.  

Love and energy to all !

Jo x 

Cathysid

Ali - glad your boob is doing ok and the fluid has been drained successfully. I had a wide lump excision and node clearance plus second op to get better margins. I have managed to keep my boob, though it does have a big chunk out the side missing! I had fluid that needed to be drained for about 5 weeks, then it magically started to heal and contract down.
Hope the antibiotics are kind to your guts and the fluid stays away,
Cx
Ali49

Thanks Cathy. It helps to onow its not j7st me although i dont wamt you to be hav8ng those things either!! It must be the herceptin!!

Ibthink we will have ups and downs and i suppose
thats to be expected. Just wishing to be normal!!

Hows your new boob doing? Mine is great but had to have 120mls of fluid drained yesterday and got antibiotics for 7 days as a precaution. I wasnt even aware of fluid build up but now its gone it feels better. Hope yours is good xx
Cathysid

Hi Ali,

Sorry to hear you are still feeling tired.  I have ups and downs.  I had a couple of good weeks but then  this week,and last week actually, I've had achey legs, feel exhausted again.  I also still have split thumbs and a runnny nose.

i do wonder if it's the herceptin. I found a couple of older posts where women said their split thumbs only healed after finishing the herceptin.  

At this stage I'm just trying to do what I would normally do, but at the talk I went to on fatigue a couple of weeks ago they suggested doing less to give the body more time to heal.  I'm trying to carry on eating healthily, lots of green smoothies, vitamin C and D, plenty of protein.  More often now though, I find myself reaching for a coffee or some dark chocolate for an energy boost.  At least it's not red bull and mars bars!

Ali49

Hi All, 9 weeks from finishing chemo, 5 weeks since masectomy, due my 6th Herceptin tomorrow (3rd injection) and i am shattered. I feel more tired than i have all through treatment. I have an aching back and heavy legs and still have a sore nose and split thumbs!!

I am up and about every morning and getting on with everything but just finding the tiredness diff8cult and unexpected!

Is anyone else feel8ng tired?
MrsMeow

Cathy glad you are getting used to your new hair - bet you are rocking it. Mine is about 2 inches now - dark grey and white at the front - people say it is nice on me but so different from wild long blond curls! I was at a Macmillan beauty thing today and the other lovely ladies there were still going through chemo - it made me realise how far we have come on the road and seems a long time since first chemo started - I dont want to go back there either thank you very much... Hope everyone has had a good start to the week xx
Cathysid

Mrs M - love the grandcats! Very beautiful. You did well braving the dinner without your wig. How long is your hair now? Mine is about 1.5 cm. I have managed to embrace the golden look. It’s a bit less brassy after a couple of washes and actually looks like I’m trying to look funky and different....like my hair style might have been a crazy choice rather than an after effect of chemo!
Glad your daughters are home again and you are getting to spend time with them before they head off for more adventures.
Cxxx
MrsMeow

cats ragdolls.jpgHope your holiday is fab Jo - and I bet Cathy you are rocking the gold look - next stop platinum as planned... Fairy have a relaxing weekend after your sad week - wish I could send you my daughters ragdoll cats for a cheer up cuddle - they are better than medicine for me and I love being a cat-granny - not sure if I posted a photo before but I will try again. I did the dinner with no hat last week and survived - but got a bit ahead of myself as didn't realise when walking in to breakfast there were about 70 people sitting down and eating and i panicked as there were so many and went straight back upstairs for my hat! Hair is getting longer all the time though so it all will be a thing of the past very soon hopefully - I will never stop missing my lovely curls. Hope everyone is ok tonight - I have had a lovely day with my girls making the most of them before one or other of them leaves the country again - they are not both in the same place often xx

Cathysid

Gosh, 70 is so young. Hope the funeral was a good chance to say your goodbyes and share some happy memories as well as your grief. Sending love to you and your family xxx
Fairydust 14

Ahh. I will take your cat for a sleep over Cathy. Pack an overnight bag and put him on the train! 🙂

And don't worry about your hair, gold hair sounds lovely! Is it really as bad as you think?

Could you wait a week or two and then try again? But I say embrace your hair, own it and strut around as if you meant to do it! 

I must admit I love my ability to wash and go in the shower. Boys always had it so much easier, now I never want long hair again!

Hope the tamoxifen side effects aren't too bad..Really wish the best for you.

I've been to a funeral today, of my aunt. Died of multiple strokes over three years. @aged 70.

I would hate to be immobilized through stroke..it made me think though..anything can happen to anyone at any time. So am gonna write my will.  🙂

Cathysid

Well, I aimed for platinum hair...but only achieved gold. Now I look even worse!! From a distance I even look bald again. At least when we had no hair there was no such thing as a bad hair day 😞
Jo - enjoy your hols! Hot tub and a sea view. What more could you ask for. Great that you will manage to get a way before your op. How do you feel about it? Do they do keyhole surgery?
I started tamoxifen today. Still in the chemopause so don’t know if my night sweats will get worse now or just stay the same. I wake 3-10 times a night to throw the covers off as I’m too hot. Hoping it doesn’t make me crave even more chocolate.....I bought some 100% cocoa dark chocolate to try to make me want less but even the really bitter taste doesn’t put me off! Ha ha.
Fairy - wish I could fly my cat over to you for a night. He is desperate to sit on my knee but I really just need my personal space to throw on and off my dressing gown as my temperature fluctuates.

Why oh why did I mess with my hair 😞
jow

I’m impressed that you’ve got enough hair to dye Cathy. Mine is scanty. It is blonde at the front, white on sides and grey on top and at the back. I doubt the look will catch on!
Mrs Meow did you brave the bald cancer girl look for your weekend away? That made me laugh. And you got that free lush shampoo bar. I clearly need to play the C card better.
Fairy how are you feeling? Sounds like an unpleasant encounter with that ‘Friend’. I think I mentioned I’m doing ACT therapy- acceptance and commitment therapy. It does help with difficult thoughts.
I’ve not gone into the trial yet as my neutrophils are too low. Hoping they’ll come up soon. I’m due surgery for ovaries on 10 April although trying to postpone a week as I have a big party to attend 4 days after.

We are off to West Cornwall for a week. Our first proper holiday. Still self catering but have a hot tub. And sea view

Cathysid

What is it that makes leg and armpit hair so robust!!!!!
I’ve just bought some hair dye off “live better with” website. Going for the super short platinum pixie cut ... apparently it’s all the fashion in Hollywood! Not sure what the locals will make of it though!
Fairydust 14

Hi again, just on a separate note, I've just been invited to join a clinical trial once my radiotherapy treatments are over. I've yet to make my mind up. Quite surprised about it actually.
I think I should do it, but need to look more into the effects it may have on any insurances or travel issues it may raise.
A lot going on in my head this week..

I can kind of relate to the wig conversation Cathy, MrsMeow, and embracing the no wig look is something I've done a bit of, mainly cause i get incredibly hot and itchy with my wig on. I only really leave the house to go to hospital appointments or visit family, but have invited friends to visit me, so I don't wear a wig and go natural instead. If I nip to the shops I wear a hat.
My hair is very slow growing, still bald in lots of patches, but my leg hair is growing regrettably 😞

Fairydust 14

Thanks so much for your supportive words ladies, you don't know how much I needed to hear that. I can appreciate more than ever the support you ladies offer, and how very special it is. We're all in circumstances we didn't choose, and we really are a unique group. I guess those who aren't in the group don't understand. I have no I inclination to speak to her again, I don't need the stress and I no longer want what I thought was her friendship, reaching out didn't help in my case. .I'll keep my self to myself..

Thanks though to you  for being here for me  :-), and allowing me to vent. Very kind of you..x

MrsMeow

Sending hugs Fairy - sometimes you need to cut people out for your own mental well health - time to look after number one for greater peace of mind in the long run x
Ali49

Fairy it really hirts and shocks when some9ne does this! It is her problem though and not yours! It will take a while but you will move on. Sending you a hug xc
Cathysid

Fairydust- that sounds awful! Big hugs to you. It hurts when a friend betrays your trust. You will be better in the long run without her. She has treated you badly 😞 Don’t lose your faith though...there are some lovely people out there ... it’s just a case of finding them! Xxx
Fairydust 14

Hi all..Hope all are well..

I've had the weirdest text conversation last weekend, with someone I`d only recently considered a close friend. Since my diagnosis I revealed more about me and my past and future dreams  to her.  Without going into detail, she completely had a go at me and threw confidential information I'd shared with her right back in my face. . Now I can't trust her with any information or not to share anything I tell her with others. I have done nothing to provoke it. I hate confrontation in all circumstances. It's a shocking lesson for me. At least on this forum we're pretty much anonymous, so I can speak freely without judgement. But in the real world not so.

Lesson learned. Be careful who you trust, whatever your circumstances. I'm really confused and hurting from this, but have to go on. I won't contact her again and she's blocked from contacting me now. Such a shame. 

Cathysid

Ooh, enjoy your hotel MrsM! It does feel a bit like “coming out” when you brave being seen without a wig! I’ve only been brave enough once when I was going to “moving forward”. Their braveness inspired me! I still felt weird and vulnerable without my wig and wanted to cry!!!! It’s so silly as people must have known I was wearing a wig before so why am I so scared they will see me with short hair... so many reasons, all of them scary! I like hiding in my “perfect hair” wig, I hate people looking at me and being the centre of attention, I feel naked without my wig!!!
Enough of that. I really want to find the courage to leave to wig on its stand soon.

Hope you feel empowered by your wig free break MrsM!

Fairydust, hope you can find a moving forward course, or at least some free counselling sessions, in your area. It really is what we need after our last few months immersed in treatments we had no control over. We won’t know what to do with ourselves! We have changed physically and mentally - who knew we were this strong!!

Lots of love, cxxx
Fairydust 14

Hi MrsMeow, hope your weekend away going " out" is going well! Hope the hotel suite is gorgeous and you're being truly pampered by the hotel. Come back refreshed and strengthened, and full of happiness!

All best Fairydust x
Fairydust 14

Hi Cathy, really pleased to hear you'd progress, sounds like it's going well for you post treatments with your personal trainer for free, that's great to hear. I have 6 rads treatments to go out of 22. I'm ok with it, slight itching and throbbing and my scars are irritated. I do feel tired but that's normal for me..Lol..
A moving on course would be good for me, as the thought of going back to my high pressure job is daunting..So wondering what to do next..I just don't know.

Fairydust x
MrsMeow

Hi folks - so sorry Cathy you have more stuff to follow up - what a long haul you have had. I've been to moving on stuff too - the Maggie's Where Now? sessions are brilliant as the person running them is superb - and the Macmillan moving on session today was quite good. I also went to a nutrition session at Maggie's - it must be difficult for them to cover such a huge subject across a group of people where some are underweight some are over - some are neutropenic, some anaemic - they did quite well. Glad you are enjoying the gym too - my attempt at weight loss has required lots of attempts at work outs and pilates - all at home due to the snow - in fact I suspect shifting snow and planting trees has done me more good than the work outs - I have done something mysterious to my hip and not sure if this is self-inflicted or a letrozole side effect. The physio today said to leave it for a few weeks as it may get better - I hope so as it keeps waking me up. Jow I had zometa but IV infusion - and has led to calcium tablets everyday - I didn't realise there was an oral version. We are away to a hotel with a bunch of friends this weekend - I was in 2 minds completely whether to wear a wig or to come 'out' with the short hair look - very different from my huge blond curls -whilst I was in 2 minds my lovely husband wrote to the hotel saying how it will be a treat for me after my treatment and they have upgraded us to a suite! So I think this is the clincher as I will need to look like a patient now to look the part! Fairydust hope rads is going well - am a month past mine now and have barely a memory of going at all which is weird - I hope you are not too tired with yours. Have a peaceful night everyone xx
Cathysid

I wish I lived near Penny Brohn.  Hope you are enjoying the yoga, jo. 

What does the Pallas trial involve? 

Fairydust- how far into rads are you now? How are you finding it? Any side effects?

ive been to the second "moving forward" day of my course.  It's been really good. The first session brought up a lot of emotions - we were focussing on fatigue, and how our lives have changed.  The second session was more practical - we talked about being breast aware, signs of recurrence, bras and prostheses.  Next week its exercise and lymphodema.....

I'm really enjoying going to the gym.  I just do 10 mins on exercise bike and a few other bits.  I got a nhs referral so it's free and I get a personal trainer!

hope you are all feeling well, cx

Fairydust 14

Hello Jow, wow, I'm impressed with you doing yoga, it does take some patience yet also stamina I feel. Good on you. I'm struggling for energy and motivation at the moment, I'm sure it will pass, but right now it's all I can do to get to radiotherapy every day. Maybe I'll improve once all treatment is over end of March.

I'm sorry Jow, it wasn't me you were thinking of in regards to zometa of any kind, and can't think who you may mean unfortunately..but I do hope your biophostonates issues aren't very bad. Is it good to be in a trial? I have not been offered a trial in my area, but it must be quite rewarding to enter into a trial that may help develop treatments for future patients. Good for you.

Well, the weather was lovely on Monday, but has deteriorated since...winter coat still needed..!

Enjoy your day.

Fairydust x

jow

Hello all

Oh I’m sorry to hear that Cathy. Yes i agree Fairydust, it does feel like such a long trudge this BC and that lack of control feels so unfair. Especially when you are doing everything you know to help yourself.  Hopefully having to deal with all this adversity somehow this will make us stronger in the long run..... Cathy I think you’ve had more than your fair share, even amongst us cancer girls. 

Im still at the hospitals a lot- every day this week.  Some of the appointments are for nice things like creative writing yesterday. Today I had bloods and preganancy test (haha!)  for the PALLAS trial I’m going into.  I’ll be randomised next week.

Im still struggling around the bisphosphonates issue.  I think I mentioned that we get the oral drug here rather than iv  zometa- Fairy I think you had that with your chemo?  Or was it Mrs M and Geordie?   I’m a bit worried about the side effects and although it is recommended of course I have a choice.  

Im doing yoga now at Penny Brohn. I’ve never done yoga before.  I’m usually the sort of person who likes to rush around and achieve the maximum productivity  for the minimum amount of time . Yoga doesn’t really fit with that, but I’m giving it a go!

We had an amazing day of blue sky and warm sun yesterday, I hope you all did too. Wish I could bottle the sense of well-being that the sunshine gives.  

Love, jo 

Fairydust 14

Hi Cathy, oh dear, that's rubbish for you..So sorry. It never seems to end does it?

We just have no control over what our bodies decide to give to us..hang on in there...jump the hurdle and see what's on the other side..

Thinking of you

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Hi,
I went for results from my second op yesterday. No more surgery needed, though they did find another precancerous area of tissue. Off to see my oncologist again next week, then radiotherapy I another 2 weeks or so. Off we go again!
Fairydust 14

Hi all

Just catching up..and congratulations Ali..couldn't be better news..Really pleased for you..chemo has done its job splendidly! Enjoy your celebrations to the max! Thanks for all your support to us too. X

Jow, that's a relief with your MRI results, again congratulations to you! Great news for you. Really pleased, and again, enjoy your celebrations to the max! 

Words sound not enough compared to the enormity of your results, and CK, you too had the good news a little while ago, but we've never met and just have words to express our sentiments and feelings..Hope you have lots of hugs, and cuddles in the real world as you all deserve ..x0x

CK, no cat 😞  I have no energy to do my housework so can't see me looking after a cat just yet..I'd rather have a cleaner right now lol..

But your Merlot sounds gorgeously adorable still..v jealous..x

Today is International Woman Day..and you're all very lovely kind strong inspirational women..enjoy the day!! X

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Wow, two lots of great news!
Ali - so glad you had a complete response! Wow! That really lowers your chance of it ever coming back 🙂

Jow - so relieved your spine was given the all clear. Hope you manage to put aside the worry about the reconstruction surgery if you have a long wait. Most people have great results.

Off to “moving forward “ -course - though I seem to be stuck in limbo waiting for results and rads!!! Snowing again too.

Lots of love xxx
jow

That’s wonderful news Ali.  I’ll raise a non alcoholic glass of champagne to you,  We are also celebrating. I had my spine MRI yesterday and today I’ve been told that my bone abnormalities don’t appear to be secondaries! 

Thank you Cathy for that useful lymphoedema and exercise link. I’d asked my surgeon a few weeks ago how much I could lift and she said “ just a bit more than normal” which left me none the wiser.  I’ve been buying a lot of alcohol free wines.  Not massively impressed so far so can’t yet recommend a substitute for your Pinot .  Tonight I also tried seedlip which is a non alcoholic gin. I quite liked that. 

And CK hope the radiotherapy went ok. Glad to hear Merlot still being an amazing companion- who needs a man when you have a cat like that!

Ive been out all evening at the hospital to find out more about breast reconstruction. Another big hurdle but the waiting list is very long which gives me time to get my head around it. 

sleep well all of you, if are not already .  A late one for me but head is full

jo x 

Ali49

Got the best news ever today! I had a complete pathological response to chemo and there was no cancer left and none found in the lymph nodes. Thank you God xxx

Thank you ladies for travelling this road with me and for all of the support, understanding advice and l9ve along the way. So grateful to you all xx
Cathysid

Glad you are doing well, CK, and energy levels are on the up. Planning a holiday to look forward to is such a great idea. Sounds like your week away will be great for continuing the healing journey, too.
Maybe see you tomorrow at the moving forward course x
Mishy18

Nice to hear from you CK you sound really busy i think having something to focus on helps alot, hows everyone else doing, i hope you are all getting on OK with real life and moving forward from treatments ok, its along buggery process isn't it 😊 keep well ladies and keep enjoying life 😊
Ali49

Good to hear from you Ck and glad you are recovering well!

Well done on your continued efforts for charity. You are a real Gem!!

Your retreat in Portugal sounds lovely and just what you need. Will give you the chance to rest and recharge your batteries xxx
CK

Hi ladies
Sorry not been on for a while. Between resting and recovering from surgery I have been working and fundraising in the restaurant over the 15 days of Chinese New Year celebrations. I'm now to start rads this Weds 7th at Christies which has worked out well as now I can concentrate on myself again.
I still have aches and pains all over, probably a mixture from the chemo and the Herceptin injections and working. I have 12 more every 3 weeks. Hopefully now my busy period is over I can relax and the pains will ease.

I now have a nice patch of hair covering my head(not as cold now) and my wounds from lymph node and margin clearance are healing well. Rheres still 2 little thread ends sticking out in one and not sure what to do with them. Shall I try to them out?

Daughter is back next week. I have missed her so much but shes doing well at York Uni, with her first ever firsts and 2-1s after exams. I. So glad my situation hasnt affected her studying and it looks like the 2 counselling sessions we had together helped her...and us.

Jow, Merlot the cat is good althlugh he had an infection on his leg and was feeling very sorry with himself. My friend helped me get him to the vets and hes now ok after antibiotics and pain relief.
He has become even more attached to me lately and my daughter says rhat she has never ever seen a cat look at someone so adoringly. Bless him, he will find any chance to lie on my hand or arm and every morning he doesnt wake me until I move and then plonks himself as close as possible. He really has helped me through this journey!
Fairydust, have you looked for a cat yet?

I have booked a Reconnection Retreat in Portugal in June for one week with my friend. If anyone is intereated let me know as any ladies are welcome. There are 10 ladies(who we dont know)going and we stay in a villa in the Algarve. Something to look forward to.x

Just watched Call The Midwife from Sunday and The Karma Hospital from Friday. Love them.

Cathysid, Mrs Meow, Chaffinch, Ali, Mishy, Meesh, . Hope you are all well and treatment is treating you well. Lots of love.xxx
Fairydust 14

Thanks Cathy! 

Someone told me that going down the stairs backwards is best when you're unsteady on your feet...not too sure about that. Have yet to test it out.

Thanks for the link..got one for dodgy hips..Lol

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Gosh- take care on the stairs Fairydust!

I was looking for information about what exercise is safe after lymph node biopsy or removal and found this great information:
http://stepup-speakout.org/Handout%20doc%20for%20SUSO-030113.pdf

Cx
Fairydust 14

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starter

Hi Cathy, really jealous of your weekend break..sounds just what you needed. Pinot and all..glad you were still able to travel safely in this snow..All pretty much gone now where I live which is good as slushy ice is moot great for the older folk in the UK.

I fell down the stairs a bit this morning when my hip gave way, grabbed onto the banister..now I know how older folk must feel..only 48 and need a walking stick!! Lol..I hope they'll recommend physiotherapy to resolve it..and its not anything sinister.. poor you Cathy. You're younger than I am and arthritis must be awful for you..but you're always cheerful..Good for you!! X

Well, have a safe journey and a happy day back home with kids and dogs, beet they missed you too.

Fairydust x

Fairydust 14

Oh Jow, thanks for letting us know about your results..cleared of one thing, but another issue raised..Oh I'm so sorry. I hope the scans work out in your favour..you're handling it well by not telling everyone..gives you time to think.

I'm glad you have a date for your operation on ovaries and tubes, but can see that this too could create issues, I wish you all the best. I will at some point  have an operation to remove fibroids on and in my womb, makes me look 3 months pregnant or very bloated! I too am incredibly grateful to our NHS for all they offer, I wish we could prioritize it more than we do already..It's not something we should play party politics with in my view.

Good luck with your injections. Never ends does it..Have a happy day!

Fairydust x