cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Meesh73

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Evening ladies!

Cathysid, sorry to hear you're suffering with SEs hope it passes for you soon. On a positive note at least you know it's the last time though.

Fairydust, I was going to ask about the cat! Glad to hear it's still in your plan.

CK your fundraising amounts are amazing and you have been such an inspiration on this journey. 

September ladies you are all amazing and I would like to say a big big thank you, as like Ali I've been following your thread starting from my lead up to chemo when I also was very afraid and your posts gave me hope and courage to face this journey. It also inspired me to join the world of social media for the very first time and join the oct thread in the hope that my posts would do the same for other ladies following behind me. Love ❤️ 💕💕💕and 🤗 🤗🤗🤗🤗to you all.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cathysid sorry to hear you are having a bit of a time this round, hope se’s ease for you soon 😘😘Mrs meow 😁😁😁lovin the loo 😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Cathysid

I love the festive toilet, Mrs.M! Hoping Xmas is not too much of an emotional rollercoaster for you this year, and that you are out of the side effects by the big day.  

Dont know why, but I'm having a rough one with side effects this time. Tired, very achey in all my bones, and the dreaded nausea is back again. Yuck. It's day 6 so hoping day 8 will bring a turn around. I only feel tolerably well if I am horizontal in bed in the dark! Need to hibernate. 

I just spent 2 hours baking some potatoes for tea, defrosted some bolognaise to pop on top. Can't face eating either of them. Now I only fancy marmite on toast! Don't know what my taste buds will make of it though.

wishing the week away, so side effects are in the past again,

cx

Fairydust 14

Hi CK. Oh yes, a cat is on my list for New Years. Getting new flooring all over the house in New Year also, so bit scared of that with a cat, but I'll sort it out I'm sure !
Fairydust x
Fairydust 14

Love your loo seat cover MrsMeow!
Geordie doon sooth

Hi Meesh. I think there are a few different moon walks but all for breast cancer charities. The one I’m doing is this: https://walkthewalk.org/challenges/the-moonwalk-london-2018/. There’s half and full marathon options but the other ladies wanted to do the full so... in for a penny...! X

Ali - I have ten year old twin stepsons so can only imagine the birthday and Christmas excitement all rolled into one! Hope you all have a lovely time xx
Fairydust 14

I'm glad you had a lovely chemo moon MrsMeow, and good luck for today. Your daughter up Everest and your last  chemo, both courageous feats! Ever so proud!

Fairydust x

Ali49

Mrs Meow well done for getting to today and your last treatment. I am sure today and a good few days to come will be very emotional and that is only to be expected. But you are here and now its onwards and upwards!!

I am ok about the delay as i will hopefully be ok for Christmas and we all just chill over new year anyway. Kids are off school so no pressure to do anything other than be together! My next treatment was due the day before my twins 13th birthday too so its good that that will be a week later too. Everything happens for a reason hey! 😃😃

I love you Christmassy toilet. It looks great xx

God luck to evveryone having treatment today. Nearly there kids and for those javing their last treatment very well done and lots of love xxx
Geordie doon sooth

Good luck for today MrsMeow. Hope you get some more sleep first. That is the best, most Christmassy toilet I have every seen! I really hope that the relief of getting to the last one reduces the need for you to spend too much time there and lthsg you don’t need to sob as much too. I said to my husband yesterday that there is a sadness at the heart of the new me - a bone-deep new understanding of why we can’t take anything for granted in life. It makes me more compassionate for other people and even more determined (and I was more determined than most even before) to make the most out of life. Although I think we are all going to have an emotional Christmas (deservedly so - there’s nothing wrong with a good cry), I hope the love that we are all surrounded with from family and friends gets us through with more smiles than tears. Today is a day for smiling as so many of you ladies complete your last chemo - well done ladies 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 xx
MrsMeow

IMG_20171206_1128319.jpgNot sure if I have already shared this - but this is my husbands idea at humour for a room I will be spending a lot of time in this Christmas -  haha! 

MrsMeow

Morning lovely ladies - haven't checked in here for a while as like others have said the good days have had to be about 28 hours long to cram everything in - we had a lovely snowy and wet chemo-moon in the lake district - am so delighted others have shared a weight gain as I am dreading the weigh in today I have put on so much. It isn't unusual on chemo but I do need to calm down soon as never mind floating in our woods in the nightie to cool down it will be soon be the only thing that fits! Is so fantastic that Cathysid and CK and those of you that have had the last treatment - my unit doesn't have a bell so not sure how I will feel walking out or even walking in the door today - the nurses are quite business-like so it will prob just pass but the practice nurse who struggled to take blood this week gave me such an unexpected hug it was only then I realised that this is quite a big day - last dozywhatsit for me! Some of the posts I am catching up with on here have described the effects of the last 6 months perfectly - you all write so well- I think I have had a bit of recent denial as my emotional incontinence continues with some sudden unexpected tears - there will definitely be some today.  

For those on T (D) already in steroid hell - I am really quite surprised at the bad effects they give me and some others on here - my heart rate is already over 120 and the breathlessness is back but is now normal for me so hopefully won't delay anything and I won't collect yet another ecg today. When I was reading about whether I could have a beer on dexamethosone I did read that stopping from high dose quickly can cause mood swings and depression -  so many of us on here have described a teary down day on day 5 to 6 - you wonder they dont tail off the dose which may help? I will ask my onc on Friday but don't think it will go down well... so my down days are to be xmas eve and xmas day - oh dear - for the first time in 25 years we will wake up with no children in the house at Christmas but maybe is just as well - one is still up everest bless her but the other is not far away so will arrive later in the day - maybe I will have stopped sobbing by then...

Sorrynotsorry you have been delayed Ali- how do you feel about it? The extra week should flyby a bit as so busy but bet you have mixed feelings. 

Well I will try to get some more sleep - roll on 1pm - have an amazing day all and thank you for such insightful posting and positivity  xx MM

Ali49

4ft 10 Ck? I imagined you to be really tall! But you are definitely a good thing in a small.package!!

You are an inspiration and have met everything head on. Those tears today were tears of relief i am sure and with a realisation of everything you have been through.

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that your posts lead me and helped me prepare for 1st chemo - wh8ch i was terrified of.

Thank you CK xxx
CK

Fairydust
Bring it on girl!! Great words! You are so positive, its good to see! This mind deffo helps treatment👍
Thank you for your kind words! We have all supported each other on here in ways you probably dont even know and its been lovely that some of the ladies on other montbly threads have helped each other too. Have you a cat yet?xx

Geordie
Great idea to do the Marathon, knowing you are helping others gives us great satisfaction and determination!
As I rang my bell a few tears came but Im back every 3 weeks for Herceptin so even though chemo has ended I will still be there for 15 more Herceptin jabs so doesnt feel like Im done yet, then an op on 22nd Jan and 15 rads! Then the large bell will come out big time!!! 🤗🤗🤗

Ali
As you say a small delay means you can have some precious time with your family so its not a negative thing. Enjoy.xx

Whtefawn, Meesh thank you and Meesh , hope the rads are doing well and Wytefawn hang in there and soon will be your last one.xx

For my Doxetaxol trwatment today the nurse did it throught the slower way through the line as the first one gave me a long burn where my vein was from the Cannula and then instead of 100 of salt water gave me 250 to flush it more hopefully to avoid burns this time. Hope it works.
I was also told my bloods (Haemoglobin) were lower but not too low for treatment thank goodness! So I had steak and loads of greens for dinner. Then maybe a guinness or two for Christmas👍 I do bruise and scratch easier now but the diprobase ointment emolient from GP has healed scratches and scars very well. My body skin is so moisurised from the emolient. I use the coconut wax on my face and bare head.
I can feel a few aches already in my legs and back but have Ibropofen and Paracetomol ready if needed. Temp went up but now gone down.Its very up and down on the first 2 weeks of T but just need to keep checking it!
My nails have gone darker but still have the dark nail polish. Just hoping they dont fall off as I've read somewhere.
Dry mouth her already, so sucking on sweets and chewing gum! Drinks dont seem to help although drank loads of water it doesnt moisten my mouth. Have a BioXstra gel spray which lasts longer.

I have put on 3.5 kgs since start of treatment and I'm only 4ft 10😉I was ttold that can be the steroids along with my healthy appetite. As long as I'm eating I dont care. It will come off. The only thing is the clothes that are too tight now so all loose fitting and leggings at the moment!

Am I bovvered! Most certsinly not! Just get me C free!!!!!
Good night ladies! Have a restful one😘😘😘

Fairydust 14

Hi CK. Very well done on your last chemotherapy treatment! So pleased for you..and the money you've raised is astounding. You're a real guardian of the faries, we worship you!  Enjoy your Christmas and thanks so so much for your support on this forum. You're a caring sharing person  to share this treatment journey with! 

Meesh, yes, drinking lots of  fluids, cordial mainly. Mango and Alphonsa Orange is my flavour of choice at the moment. Keeping it all in is the only issue, I live in the toilet it seems! 

Thanks for your anti sickness meds advice Geordie. I must admit I don't particularly feel nauseous not like FEC, so I won't get any prescribed and save the NHS some much needed funds. I still have some top up nausea pills beginning with M if needed I guess. Meesh, your carb tips are useful, I am eating more than usual  though, but in small bites which is preferred anyway I think.

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening. I'm preparing to get new blinds fitted all over the house on Thursday and can't t wait!it's been on my list of things to for years. 

I met my radiotherapy consultant today, and the team lead for my treatment. Won't start till Spring, but I know all about the process which they showed in photographs, and answered all my questions, so not worried at all. I may need 3 weeks plus 1 extra week of booster radiotherapy. But as I say to myself now, being it on ! 

Fairydust x

Meesh73

Hi Geordie, is the moonwalk the breast cancer U.K. one on Saturday 14 July? We've been talking on oct thread about signing up for the half marathon.

Geordie doon sooth

Ladies! Today I feel like I’ve surveyed the wreckage of what was me, identified the bits that are left (the best bits clearly!) and am starting to figure out how to put them back together into a new, better me. Baldy McOnetit is a good starting point but I definitely need to include some of Shi’s Wonder Woman pants (at least once the steroid weight comes off 😂) amongst other things!

Fairydust - I had anti sickness meds just in case but didn’t need to use them on T. Try to eat when you can as the double steroids can make you feel more full and bloated even when you’ve barely eaten. I agree with Shi that carbs are a good idea as too much fibre can play havoc with your system in the first week. I would stay away from the laxatives this time (unless you can’t bear to wait!) and wait for it to turn a corner naturally. I went from totally constipated to very loose within an hour on day 3 or 4 of T each time but it settled down after that.

Ali - sorry to hear about your delay but glad it means that you’ll have a break for Christmas and can make the most of it!

Jow - I’m the same with makeup and wigs. They’re just too uncomfortable right now. The lovely nurses have told me though that the eyelashes are the last thing to go but the first thing to come back (although they can take longer to thicken up) so we should have some regrowth on those soon. Our faces should also go back to their normal shapes once all the drugs are out of our systems which isn’t long now! I know it’s going to be a while before any of us look like the ‘new’ us but heck we can kick butt so nobody is going to think badly of us in the meanwhile.

CK - congratulations on finishing your chemo! I wish I’d thought to take my own bell with me too as it felt weird just walking out at the end of mine with nothing to commemorate. And well done on raising all that money for Macmillan! I am in awe of all the money you and others here have raised for charity during treatment. You’ve inspired me, so today I signed up to do the MoonWalk in London in May. I’ve never walked a marathon before but if you can do so much during treatment then I can do this afterwards. I’ll have three months after rads finish to train.

Rhona and Jow - best of luck for tomorrow. You’ve got this ladies - the last one!

Hope everyone else is well too x
Ali49

Oh CK well done!! Congratulations! You have been an absolute star and helped us all. Sending you a massive hug xxxxxxxxxx

I am delaued a week this time but it suits me fine as i can enjoy Christmas, i wont be having treatment on 20th Jan - the day before my twins birthday and hopefull my op will now be after feb half term
So all good xx
WhyteFawn

Yay CK chemo finished!! 🛎🛎🛎🛎 well done. It's great to hear as your posts helped me so much before i started. It's wonderful to now know you've had your last one. X
Meesh73

CK, well done on last chemo I'm so pleased for you! 🎉🎉🎉🥂🥂🛎🛎🛎🎊🎊🎈🎈🎊take it easy and rest up now knowing you'll never have to do that again😊😊

Fairydust, hope you're feeling ok today and resting and drinking plenty!

Hope everyone else has a good day and SEs are easing off.

CK

Ring a ling a ling, CK is back!!!!! Last cycle done today! Phew!!!
This one was a special one not only because last but my daughter came with me and hasn't been able to come to the other 5.
Herceptin jab was painless too! I took my own bell in as they dont do it at my hospital! Had my 3 course lunch!
Also presented a cheque to MacMiilan Support for £2000! Now lets hope the least side effects so I can enjoy a few weeks b4 my op on 22nd January to take away lymph nodes and clear margins.

Ive been busy cramping 3 weeks into 2 as the first week I always need to rest up. Last Friday we had our Xmas party and raised £1000 for the local cancer centre I've been attending. Then been working on other nights as had Xmas parties in!

Not a lot to do for Xmas as everyone understands I haven't been shopping amongst the crowds and colds out there! Im going to have a quiet one recovering. Daughter will go to grandparents and dads and I may go to friends for food and fall asleep! Merlot the cat will get his fair share of Turkey😾
All the best Jow, Mrs Meow, Ali49 for tomorrow and all other ladies on treatment this week and all ladies who are recovering and lets hope we can have a comfortable festive season and look forward to 2018!!!
Lots of love.😘😘😘
Fairydust 14

So sorry yet pleased for your chemo delay, if Christmas will be better and you won't get any worse.

Fairydust x

jow

Hello everyone and esp good to hear from u Geordie and Rhona

Last T for me tomorrow too Rhona and I also start radiotherapy on 23rd Jan.  CK did u get your last one today? And what is the Bell we are meant to ring? And should I take the champagne (small bottle) a friend gave me? 

im just back from e day chemomoon in Cornwall. We had some sunshine and it was beautiful.  Felt a lot of work for a short break - had to take our bedding for 5 of us and clean the house (it is a friend’s holiday  house) but great to have a change of scenery. I hope I won’t always be this pathetic. Whilst there I went into a shop to try on a bobble hat, the shop assistant got a bit of a shock when she pulled off my existing hat to put the new one on! 

Baldy McOnetit, I can so relate to your feelings about appearance. I have put 5kg (10% of my body weight ) from round 2 to round 6. I am bald with a few spiky sprouts, eyebrows very sparse , just a few eyelashes at bottom, and face is round and red. My eyes constantly stream so make up isn’t really possible . I definitely don’t feel glamorous Cathy, and can’t face the discomfort of a wig.  Apparently I should feel well tho by June according to my oncologist! Hope I look a bit better before then! I wish I’d listened harder at LGFB course especially re the eyebrows.

Ali. Sorry to hear re delay but yes perhaps a good thing as you will have a lot better Christmas for it (perhaps not NY). I did debate asking for a delay but since it’s the last one I think I just want it over with. 

Dog is on my my bed and I’m having a rest whilst boys are painting decorations, supervised by a kind friend. I have another evening out tonight- fondue with friends (as won’t be skiing for a long time I guess) , so I need to pace myself.  My muscle pains have been pretty minimal with T (climbing stairs hurts my quads but that’s about it), but I’m pretty fatigued.  Managed 5 miles of walking in total in Cornwall  yesterday but done nothing today.

Love

Jo x 

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ali, you can enjoy Christmas now lovely 😘😘😘best to be safe are you going for a full whack again, I’m only on 80% and that’s been enough, I should have 2nd one next Thursday. Just want to get this first one done now, it’s a bit 😳😳😳especially with you and runnerbean ending up in casa nhs with it. 💕💕shi xx
Ali49

No yreatment for me tomorrow..delayed for a week due to me being on antibiptics for uti! I am seringbit as a positive thpugh as i can now enjoy Christmas!!🎄🎄🎄

Hope everyone id doing ok having or having had treatment. Xx
Fairydust 14

Good morning Shi!

Thanks so much! Carbs I can do! Starting with porridge for breakfast every day. Still have loads of anti constipation meds as well from FEC too, best get some Imodium in for the other issue.Hope it holds off for Christmas day at least. Water it is then too and loads of it.

Feeling good about T. I can do it!

Have an amazing day Shi.

Fairydust x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi fairydust my onc kept me on my antisickness for my first t, apparently they don’t usually but mine did. Get those carbs in fairydust to ensure food stays in your system a bit and doesn’t just go straight through you. It took a week for my bum to settle, first it was blocked up then it started to go the other way. I took loratadine for the pains, one a day and it worked fine. Epsom salt bath had been good too. Keep the fluids flowing too darling 😁💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Ahh thanks Geordie. Took a while for me to actually proper fall asleep last night with the steroids, but got some sleep in the end. Feel rested though! May I ask, were you prescribed any anti sickness meds on T. My oncologist hasn't, by mistake I'm told. But just checking if you needed them at all, or is it all about the painkillers rather than sickness!?

Hope you are doing well.

Thank you.

Fairydust x

Geordie doon sooth

Glad your chemo went ahead this time Fairydust. You’re right - you can do this and it’s one step closer to being better 😘. T aches kicked in for me on day 3 and cleared by day 5/6 so don’t be shy with those painkillers when it starts and you’ll be feeling better for Christmas x
Fairydust 14

Thanks Meesh! Having an early night now. Or trying to on steroids. 🙂
Meesh73

Fairydust, good to hear you got your treatment. Wishing you minimal SEs 🌟🌟🌈🌈🌈🦄😘😘🤗🤗

Fairydust 14

Hi Meesh! Hi all! Was just about to message when saw your message Meesh. Thank you!!

Yes, I remembered my steroids, my mum rang to remind me, my brother texted to remind me and my reminder in my phone went off to remind me! So don't worry about not reminding me, it is in hand but I really value your thinking of me!!

Yes, I got to chemo with my brother again and the nurse came out to the waiting area, and asked if I'd taken my steroids and when and how many and then said "well done , so pleased you remembered". I apologized again and she said "no bother, you're not the first but we just want you to have your treatments and get sorted", which was v nice.

In the end, all the nurse's knew about me and I told the story and they were all lovely. I brought in some Christmas tins of shortbread stars and shortbread Christmas trees in metal snowman and Santa tins, so colourful. And a Christmas card.

They put them in the Christmas cupboard I think,  for all the nurses and reception staff to share with all their other patients gifts, so lovely!

Docetaxol went in well, New nurse of 3 weeks in put in my cannula first time under supervision, and was able to write it up in her "book of achievements "which was great for her and me as was painless! She was marvellous and took the time to talk to us and have a laugh as well as see to her other patients.

My consultant forgot to prescribe my ondenestron so will see or call my GP for a prescription tomorrow, but I now have 7 days of filgastrim this time as opposed to 5 which might help my neutrophils next time we hope!! 

Left the hospital at about 4.30 after a 1pm arrival time and a hour in reception waiting area before chemo commenced, then about 30 minutes waiting for meds in pharmacy post chemo. Not too bad! 

Feeling tired but good so far. Nurse said to expect flu like muscle pains to kick in soon and other symptoms might start including nail issues and brow and eyelash loss, but I say bring it . I know I can do it!! I did patiently nails before chemo this time in a dark red colour. 

Have a lovely evening ladies! Thanks for all your support. Hope I can support you all too with my glittery  Fairydust madness! 

Fairydust x

Meesh73

Fairydust, did you get your chemo today. I hope you remembered your appointment 😂Meant to message you yesterday to remind you about the steroids but I forgot 🙄

Geordie doon sooth

Thank you Meesh and Ali. It’s good that your next chemos are just after Christmas so you’ll be on a good week for this weekend and can hopefully enjoy it!

Rhona - you’re nearly there and will be a good feeling to have your last one behind you. I’m not too far from
Southampton either so let me know if you ever want to meet up.

You ladies are all amazing. Keep going and hope we all can have some Christmas sparkle xx
Ali49

Well done Rhonaboat and congratations on last o e on Wed. Xx
Cathysid

Good to see you Rhonaboat, and glad the T has been kind to you! We were wondering how you were getting on. Hoping Wednesday goes smoothly for you and leaves your taste buds unaffected for enjoying Xmas dinner!
RhonaBoat

Hi Ladies

I've not disappeared off the planet, just found the weeks have ran away from me. I wanted to pop in and see how everyone is getting on.

I have had two Taxotere and two Herceptin since my last FEC. I think I might be an odd bod, or possibly just fortunate as the main symptoms I've had from Taxotere and possibly the Herceptin is tiredness and overeating on steroids.My hands have been a bit dry on the palms, some ridges on my nails, but no pain or discolouration. I have continued to have gel nails and just observed them at each colour change, but so far so good. I'm even getting a wee bit of fuzz growing on my head, possibly the FEC was harsher than Taxotere on hair.

My last chemo is on Wednesday and I can hardly believe I'm at the end. I hope chemo has been, if not as kind, then at least tolerable for all of you.

I've got my planning session for radiotherapy on 2nd January in Southampton and due to begin on 23rd January.

I'm now going to go and catch up on everything I've missed on this thread.

Love to all of you

Rhona xx

Ali49

Geordie you have explained your feeling so eloquently and also in a way that shows how raw they are too. If i could steal your words i would. You have explained the emotions of all of this so well!! Thank you and huge hugs to you xx

I finished rads on 29th Dec last year after a wle and cavity shave for DCIS!! 9 months later i started chemo!!

Next wed i will have my 5th out of 7 chemo's (2nd dox with herceptin and permuzetab). Then i will have a masectomy. I too feel like the person i see in the mirror is not me!! I crave normality and yet i want a new normal - where i am more relaxed and not sweating the small stuff anymore!!

The scars, the radiotherapy tattoos and whatever hairstyle i end up with will all be part of that new me and a reminder of the promises i have made to myself while on this crazy path!

Anyway for npw its 3 more treatments and 3 more lots of SE's to get through!

Well done to you and Cathyside for getting through Chemo and for supporting others along the way. Be proud of yourself ladies xxx
Meesh73

Hi geordie, well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻On last chemo, hoorah for you! 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎈🎈🎈it must feel so good to be done with chemo (well after all the SEs pass). Especially because it's all done before Xmas.  I've got fec5 on 27 Dec In a weird way I look forward to each one because it means another one done but I also dread them even though I've been fairly lucky with SEs I keep thinking that may change with each next one. I hope rads goes ok for you, you'll have to let us all know how they go.

Geordie doon sooth

For those of you starting T or earlier on in the cycles, I just thought you might like to know that while the tiredness has grown for me with each cycle, the aches and hit by a truck feeling were definitely worst the first time, slightly better the second cycle and I’ve not needed to take paracetamol on the third one! Fingers crossed for you all xx
Geordie doon sooth

Thank you Cathysid! I too am really looking forward to getting fit again. I miss proper exercise so much that I hope I never complain or procrastinate about doing it again! Hope your taste and appetite improve later xx
Cathysid

Morning Geordie,

big hugs to you. Life certainly has changed for us all over the last 6 months. It is hard coming to terms with new appearance, new pressures to try and live a super healthy life, hormonal issues with treatment, it's an ongoing battle, isn't it!  

You are doing so well adapting to your mastectomy.  It is good that your partner is managing to talk to you now about his views, though it's not really what you wanted to hear.  Give it more time before deciding on a recon. Wait until the treatment is done and you have the energy to consider it.  At the moment we are tired and run down...I can't even face going to the dentist to have a filling replaced as it seems like too much!  It will give your partner more time to get used to the mastectomy too, and he may even feel better about it as time goes on.  It's very early days still.

i don't know how I am going to feel after surgery. I'm probably going to lose a third of my boob. I've never been super body confident so the post op appearance does worry me. I don't know if I will be wanting reconstruction work done - I hate the idea of more surgery and possible complications or prolonged recovery.  One step at a time!

I am reassured that I'm not the only one with the nice plump chemo cheeks.  I also have very sparse eyebrows and eyelashes.  I think the "look good feel better" course was great for teaching me make up to cover the dark circles under my eyes, draw on new brows naturally, and great eyeliner helps too! I'm more glam than I used to be, especially when I wear my long blonde wig! 

After all the treatment is done I am looking forward to getting fit again.  I feel very weak and wobbly at the moment.  We must be kind to ourselves and give ouselves time to heal.  I wish I could abstain from alcohol happily from now on, but I am really looking forward to a couple of glasses of prosecco over the Christmas period now chemo has come to an end.  I will have to make sure that I don't over do it! Christmas has always been a time of eating and drinking in excess in my family! 

Well, another day of baths, sleeping, and tv for me today,

hoping my partner will cook for me as I feel totally uninspired about food and no drinks at all are appealing today - ugh, will have to force some fluids down. 

Take care all, 

cx

Geordie doon sooth

Hi Fairydust! Scented joyfulness is exactly what we all need I think - I can’t wait! Your rads appointment will be fine I’m sure. It feels like a whole different world to chemo - so much more calm, no drugs and no infection worries. It’s actually quite nice to think about the next step as it helps us remember that there is life after chemo! Hope you’re well and have lots of sparkly things to look forward to over Christmas xx
Geordie doon sooth

Congratulations on your last one too Cathysid. I’m also more tired this time round. I guess our bodies have taken such a hammering that getting to the finish line is exhausting! I also know what you meant in your post the other day about wondering if we’ll ever have to do it again. The new ‘nornal’ for us is going to be never taking our health for granted and doing everything we can to stay healthy while enjoying our lives to the full - a balance that’s a little difficult at this time of the year 😘. I haven’t had any caffeine or alcohol since August as I read that they should be avoided during chemo and am now wondering whether to abstain permanently or whether a cheeky glass of champers is in order on Christmas or New Year’s Day (not both - don’t think I’ll ever be able to go back to the binge drinking I did before this for worry of the risk). It will probably floor me to have a drink after this long, especially when the chemo drugs will still be in the system! I’m a cheap date now and probably the permanent designated driver 😉.

Maybe it’s the thought that, with chemo over, I will have less excuse to hide away from the world but, for the first time since this started, I’m suddenly very conscious of my appearance. I just wish I could look in the mirror and see the old me again. The cold cap worked quite well for me so I still have hair although it’s short, thin and dark rather than the long thick died blond hair before. I am pleased I did it, even when it wasn’t easy, but I still don’t look like ‘me’. I am also pleased I had my eyebrows tattooed before chemo stared as that makes a big difference as I have very little left there now. I have no upper eyelashes and just a few bottom ones. My face is round and flushed from the steroids and chemo. I’ve put on around a stone in weight since my wedding in July. And I only have one boob. My husband has made me painfully aware of that this week by finally saying that it is ‘weird’ for him. He said that it is my body and he will support me whatever I choose but that if it was up to him he’d want me to have recon. I guess I am relieved that he’s talking about it for the first time but it’s a blow as I really don’t want to think about multiple surgeries and more pain and scarring and infection risk just as I’m coming out of chemo. I had reached a point in my head where I was thinking I wouldn’t have recon and would maybe have a tattoo instead to cover up the scar and make a new start. I think I need to put the major decisions back on the shelf until I’m out the other side of rads and recovery but it’s a bit difficult knowing how he feels about it now. I’ve gone from young(ish) bride to Baldy McOnetit in 6 months so it takes a bit of getting used to for both of us 😂. Hopefully a year from now some of the more visible changes will have gone and things will be ok.

Anyway, I’m not really out of the chemo fog and toilet issues just yet so sorry for rambling on about the future. Having the last chemo has clearly made me very introspective! Happy Sunday everyone xx

Fairydust 14

Hi Geordie! Congratulations, you've done it!! So pleased for you, hope rads go well for you too! 

What a great Christmas present a bath will be! Loads of bubbles if you can, and just wallow in scented joyfulness! I'm quite liking the sound of tatooed freckles for the rads. I meet my rads team on Tuesday which I thought was a bit early as I have 3 chemo cycles to go, but I think it's just to say hello and talk me through the process, no tattoos yet. 

Again, it's really lovely to know you're ok, hope the chemo fog keeps lifting and you come to terms with your new you in every way.

Love to you.

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Great to hear from you Geordie!
Isn’t it good getting that last chemo ticked off. I am on day 3 after last chemo too, and can’t wait to get this last week of side effects behind me! Let’s hope this last one is kind to us. I’m definitely more tired this time round.
I have surgery to get through before rads - let us know how the rads go, as you say the worst is now behind us!

Cx
Geordie doon sooth

Hey lovely ladies! So I’ve just been catching up with a few weeks of your posts while the chemo fog is clearing. Sorry to hear about some of the downs that some of you have had but glad to see that we all seem to be back on the up now! I am now Day 3 following my LAST chemo!! Yes it does finish! Focussing on getting through the last week or so of T aches and hopefully then the SEs will start to fade. I can’t wait to get my PICC line out now which they’ve said I can do early ‘for Christmas’ next Thursday - apparently they’d normally recommend it staying in 3 weeks after last chemo but I begged as I’ve been fantasising about a bath since August! I’ve also had my radiotherapy consultations in the last week including markings (aka black freckle tattoos) and am due to start rads on 4 Jan. Onc said that it should be a lot easier than chemo which was great to hear. I had a mastectomy and full axillary clearance before chemo (no recon) so rads will be the last step unless I decide on recon. While the mastectomy is difficult to come to terms with mentally, the physical effects of it were far less than chemo for me. So I guess what I’m trying to say is that chemo is the worst bit ladies and we’re already well on our way through this so we can do this! Love to all xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁❤️❤️❤️love you too meesh 😘😘😘💕💕and our amazing Oct 🚂shi xx
Meesh73

Shi, I'm surprised the Bolton girl wasn't in the final I thought she was a dead cert for type final and thought the other finalist could've been any if the others.

Fairydust, Shi is right I probably am crackers enough but only since I've been on the 🚂  with Shi, her craziness is contagious I think 🤣😂🤣😂, ❤️ ❤️❤️❤️LLove you Shi 😘

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fairydust, meesh is crackers enough to pull them over the outside of her rads joggers when we get to rads, it’s being in the train with me 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣😂🤣😂🤣looking forward to the finals too, I think joe but weeks ago I read that it was already fixed for Alexandra to win, so it’ll be interesting to see who wins. The Bolton girl should have won apprentice, she’s not lied at all in the process, the 2 in the final have lied and thrown people under the bus a couple of times, not my cup of tea, but lord sugar sees something and he knows what he’s doing. Ali, thanks, i’ll just feel a bit more 😁😁when this first t cycle done safely God willing. Is your 2nd t this week? 😘😘💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

I just enjoy and am in awe of the Strictly dances more than anything..So beautifully done and filmed. So no, doesn't matter a jot who wins..I appreciate the entertainment it's brought me each year..and sparkles and glitter and lights and joy!

Fairydust x