374207posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Chemo Starters

Cathysid

Re: September 2017 Chemo Starters

Ha ha, the nurses all say I’m stoic, too!

Ooh, are we allowed saunas and steam rooms now. That’s good news! I’ve been promised a pamper day since fern was born(that’s seven years ago now so time I cashed it in!).
Enjoy your Diet Coke, Jo! I like to get tonic with ice and lemon and pretending it’s a G and T. When it comes to wine, I read the other day that organic Pinot noir is best as it has the highest levels of resveratrol - protecting against heart disease, anti ageing, anti cancer(in moderation - one glass twice a week apparently is ok), increases blood flow to the brain and regulates blood sugar levels.

Fairydust- any better this round? Hope you are doing ok.

Ck - hope you enjoyed your yoga and calm.

MrsM - nice to have you back in the forum! Hope the skin is still holding out. My herbalist suggested trying calendula cream (waleda do a nice one for babies bottoms) if the skin gets sore.

Well, choc o clock! Couple of squares of dark chocolate and my new favourite evening drink - hot chocolate made with warm skimmed milk, 1tsp of raw cacao and 1tsp of ginger and a touch of honey to sweeten. Mmmm

jow

Cathy you are sounding very stoic. Refilling grapefruit and more surgery sounds tough.  Good that the tumour shrunk to just 1mm though. 29 nodes- wow! Latest NICE guidance is a bit more relaxed about what you can and can’t do post LN surgery.  I had been feeling a bit guilty sneaking into steam room and hot tub.

Fairydust how are you feeling on day 4?  Hope this round is easier.

Off to the pub once I’ve got spotty boys in bed.  For a Diet Coke.

Jo x 

Fairydust 14

Oh Cathy, so sorry you need another op, chin up and know we're thinking of you still. Your serial sounds tricky, would put me off grapefruit...Lol

Ali, hip hip hurray for you. V good news. Hope the herceptin goes well!

CK, glad you're out and about. Go you!

Jo, you're juggling a lot. I feel lazy compared to you. I chill all day alone. But you take care, spend some time to think of your mum. You're amazing.

Fairydust x

Cathysid

Jo,
Juggling kids and appointments is so tricky - even more so when one is ill and can’t go to school! Good luck. Hope the eyes improve with the new drops.

MrsM - cording is where you get lymph vessels from the armpit and down arm forming tight chords of fibrous tissue, restricting arm movement. Usually after lymph node removal or biopsy. Think you can get a similar thing in veins too, sometimes.

Saw my surgeon today. This was his face when he saw my armpit 😱. On antibiotics again now as he is worried skin is red and heading towards infection. Size of a large grapefruit again so drained and booked for a check on Monday again.

Results are in. 29 lymph nodes removed, one still cancerous, three showed they had had cancer and regressed. Actual breast tumour now only 1mm diameter and removed fully BUT area of precancerous cells next to it right next to margin so need another op! Booked in on Wednesday.

Feeling positive though 🙂
Cx
jow

What a lovely surprise Ali- you must be delighted!

CK you sound well, and glad to hear Merlot is still loving your bald head!

Cathy my optician reckoned it was Blepharitis causing the watery eyes. She did stain them but didn’t specifically mention the tear duct.  I’ve got some expensive lid cleaning stuff plus continuing lubricating drops. I think if I have no resolution by the time I see onc in early March I will ask to see ophthalmologist- that will have been 4 months of crying by then and I will be truly fed up! Hope you appointment is ok today- do let us know.

I'm just off to the eye hospital now with my youngest who failed his eye screening at school.  But of a logistic conundrum as 7 year old covered in chicken pox and I also have radiotherapy this morning, 

My my mums birthday today, always a sad one (she died 6 yr ago)  but she would have hated see me go through this. 

Have a a good day all.

jo x

Cathysid

Great news Ali xxx
WhyteFawn

CK I've pm'd you x
Ali49

Well no more Chemo for me!! 9nc saw my horrible rash and heard the list of other SE's after 6th chemo and decided thats it - i dont need anymore!! She said my cancer was so small to start and had shrunl after two and neither her nor the surgeon can feel a thing so its seems chemo has done its job and its fine to stop.

I feel like i have been set free! No more steroids and no more injections!

Will c9ntinue with herceptin injections from next Wed and will ring tomorrow to see if op date will be brought forward.

Just need to wait for this rash to go and mouth to heal and thats it!

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL 9F YOUR SUPPORT GETTING THROUGH THIS XXX
CK

Hi ladies,
Just checking in as not been on for a few days. Other than still resting and recovering from op Ive been making up to friends and seeing them for lunches as in a better frame of mind to do abd plan things now. Ive still been working for 3 days a week and then doing paperwork on others and organising future events. Busy time coming up again!
My daughter came back from uni to see me after my good results too and so we have spent a nice couple of days together.
My friend also took me to Boundary Mill and we couldnt believe we spent 5 hours there! I got a front opening bra and some loose tops.

Yesterday I had a few drinks with the girls although I read we should stay off the alcohol, my onc said Im allowed it moderately👍Seeing her on 14th to sort rads.

Tomorrow I will go to Maggies Centre for Relaxing Yoga and Calms session with another lady I met who has BC.

I hope you are all coping and dealing with SEs and everything else. My surgery for ANC and clear margins in still a little sore and been having problems sleeping,waking up with slight pain because of position but its getting better.

Hair now coming through and slowly covering the while of my scalp now. Its a nice feeling rubbing my hands over it. Still rubbing on the coconut wax.
Appetite good and lut on 8lbs thrkughlut treatment but Im only 4ft nothing so east to see but Im not bothered. I hated when I couldnt taste anytbing through T so making up now. Did a big shop at Waitrose for Organic meats and biscuits today. Into Viennese whirls at the moment?

Merlot rhe cat happy I've been staying in more recovering from op and sharing my food. Still looms at nt bare head adoringly😻

Lots of love ladies.xxx
MrsMeow

Hope you got on ok Ali and there is some relief for you and Fairydust hope you are feeling stronger too and the SE have not kicked too hard. Cathy fingers crossed for tomorrow - seromas suck big time I really hope yours bogs off soon - and that your day tomorrow brings excellent news. Remind me what cording is? I have a red vein with a 'dent' all along it from the epirubicin in October - is this anything like cording? Sorry am being dozy. Yes I have the 10 year plan for letrozole but haven't been able to start it yet due to the myalgia post-chemo - and due zometa for the bones the week after rads finish then will start the hormones the week after that - not sure when to celebrate treatment finishing as it seems to lurch from one thing to the next. Jo my eyelashes are starting back and this has meant the end of stingy eyes for me not sure if related but hopefully you will be the same when everything grows back. Have a lovely evening all - I have a day off rads tomorrow whilst the machine is serviced - a lovely lie in! x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ali, how have you got on with onc appointment today? Hope you’ve got solution to help your skin darling😘😘❤️❤️To everyone 💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Hi Cathy, thank you. Am teary with relief but am all prepared for side effects..reduced dose I think is showing so far. But not taking for granted.

I am thinking of you for tomorrows results. What times your appointment? Will send good vibes through the ether...as will we all.

Keep working on the cording exercises when possible,but appreciate seroma makes that difficult. Gosh, it's hard this isn't it!? 

Fairydust xxx

Cathysid

Fairydust, well done getting through that last chemo! Last set of side effects now - hopefully milder with lower dose and steroids onboard. Nearly there!

MrsM - glad you are on the up despite rads. Good to hear they are manageable. Do you need hormone treatment after?

Ali - hope the rash settles soon. You could try aloe Vera gel to sooth it.

Jo - are your eyes watering because they are dry or is it blocked tear ducts. My optician thought the only reason would be dry eyes, but as I insisted they weren’t and it seemed more like a tear duct blockage she tested with flourescein dye and found that I was right. I’m off to have it flushed by an ophthalmologist in three weeks.

Well, it’s results day tomorrow. Trying not to think about it! Seroma is massive again and still have red bumpy rash on arms. Cording is no worse though! 🙂

Lots of love x
Fairydust 14

Hi MrsMeow, good to hear from you! Still can't believe your daily 4 hour round trip for rads. Well done you! Glad you have more strength post chemo. Please rest when you can though.

Ali, so sorry about your rash. Hope you can get some relief tomorrow. 😞

Fairydust x

MrsMeow

Ali your poor face - sounds so sore. Hope you get some relief tomorrow- can they give you antihistamines or something? I had a face rash ages ago that got into my eyes and most of my skin on my face peeled off despite buckets of steroids and antihistamines- it righted fairly quickly though with no lasting scars - but I know when is icy cold never to rub my face or eyes as for me it was the icy weather that kicked it off - yukky for you though - sending big hugs xx
Ali49

Mrs Meow so glad to hear you are feeling better with more energy. Great!!

My face stil loks awful with the rash and my eye is sore. I am seei g onc tomorrow so hopefully she will have a sution or at least some advice xx
MrsMeow

Jumping back to say hi - as an interloper as am now three quarters through rads - cant believe only 1 treatment and 4 boosters to go. Fairydust well done you for getting this far and still holding yourself together you have had an emotional time - and Cathy you win the symptom bingo competition you must wonder what is coming next! Hope you are surviving but seromas are yuk - my drain came out too early after surgery and caused me a few months of problems - despite telling them on the ward it was too soon - but who am I to know... Some of you are tired on rads and not surprising - I have gone the other way am not sure why - I was so floored after finishing chemo with legs, knees and ankles that seized up and didnt work - after 6 weeks off chemo am finally feeling a bit more human - still 2 stone heavy and sore joints but have had a lifting of mood for some reason and not currently fatigued despite the 4 hour trip to rads every day - though not achieving much more than this we do now make a day of it and go for lunch and visit friends etc and the day started today with me brushing inches of snow off the car with a broom - couldn't have done any of this on chemo. Skin is currently red and hot and no underwear tolerated - but managing E45 oil baths and the creams from the hospital and is all under control for now Hope you all continue to tick off the regime and continue to kick any thought of these little baddie cells coming back ever again - take care all xx
Mishy18

Isn't it funny about the hair i had brown hair before now a silver grey colour with a white flash at the front have the equivalent of a very short pixie at 46 its quite a change of look!!! Just as well its fashionable at the moment to be grey i also have downy hair on face at side had to pluck my top lip today legs are hairier tgan before chemo and my fadge 😂😂😂 fairy well done too last one 🔔🔔🔔 i seem to have cried a lot through treatment abd still doing a fair bit of it too niot all the time just spontaneously when not expecting it really can't wait fir spring thus winter is getting me down want to get out in my garden 😊
jow

Well done Fairydust- a major milestone passed and well done for going ahead with it.

i know you have the side effects to get through but I think it still feels good to know you won’t have to do it again. The fluconazole really helped my mouth so hope you don’t suffer so much this time. 

I’ve been looking at old photos- perhaps not the best idea but at least I looked ok once upon a time in a previous life!   I had my first ever trip to the optician today.  They suggest reading glasses and various things for my watering eyes.  I tried a few on but not sure I can bear to buy any. 

I then sat next to another bald woman in radiotherapy - she was wearing an amazing pink floral coat and pink DMs. and looked fantastic.  I’m not sure if that made me feel better or worse! 

Jo 

Fairydust 14

Ahh, I bet you all are being harsh on yourselves, and don't look as bad as you're stating! You may have a warped chemo view of your gorgeous looks. I have brown skin, and I see a brown round snooker ball when I look in the mirror.. the steroids have made my face round and I have put on put on 2,stone on steroids. But everyone says I look great, not sure I believe them though, but hope they're not lying to me.

I got through my last chemo yesterday, long arduous day but onc reduced dosage by 15%, hope that reduces se`s for me this time. Almost didn't do it, but after a long weep I got on with it. Lucky had a friend with me to keep me there. Have been prescribed fluconozole this time, which should avoid mouth thrush this time and still got antibiotics and filgestrim injections to take plus steroids. But no more chemotherapy..Feels great. Thanks so so much for your support on this forum in getting me to this stage. So much appreciated.

Fairydust x

So radiotherapy next in 3 weeks time or so. 

Cathysid

Yep, I’m definitely looking older and more wrinkly, too!
Chaffinch17

My skin has aged so much during treatment I have so many lines and crinkles now. I will have to convince myself that they are battle scars!
Ali49

Hi all. Cathy o dont have sore ears but my face is a mess. I have an anhry acne type rash and it is all round my eyes. I got it after my 5th treatment too but this is a lot worse. Sore, itchy and stinging. Chemo deos nothing for us in the beauty stakes!

I have a very short dark haired sk8nhead too - i had to rub ot dry with the towel this morning!! After being blonde for the last 20+ years, the dark hair is a bit of a shock!

Sending you all a hug xc
jow

Thanks Cathy

My original oncologist suggested ovarian removal.

He thought aromatise inhibitors (AIs)  were more effective than tamoxifen (poss more side effects though) but you need to made post menopausal for an AI. He said most people find zoladex injections for a few years (2-5) can be hard going .  I’m very happy to lose my ovaries- my aunt and mother in law (neither related) both died young from ovarian ca and it’s another hormone dependent cancer.  I’m not in the running for more kids!  

I am not seeing gynae though until end of month so still need to be approved by her (but my current oncologist agrees) and I would only have done if it is possible laparoscopicly as I need my tummy for reconstruction. 

By the way.  new NICE guidance is apparently out in draft but I’ve not read it yet.  I’ve also not checked up between AIs and tamoxifen but seems like the team prefer the AIs here. 

Yes my chemopause hot flushes are still pretty bad too. I keep needing to whip my hat off, which can give some people a bit of a shock- I’m still pretty bald.

jo x 

Cathysid

Hi Jo,
Glad your super son came to the rescue!

Radiotherapy sounds like it’s rather draining, I’m sure friends and family will give us some lee way if we fall asleep mid conversation! Hope the rest of your rads go well and the skin holds out. I’m planning
On using calendua cream and frankincense oil to help skin through radiotherapy.

Why have they decided to remove your ovaries? I’ve only had tamoxifen discussed with me - I’m oestrogen and her2 positive, progesterone neg. I haven’t started any hormone treatment yet and am still in chemopause/menopause. Hot sweats etc.
Hoping the facial hair is not permanent:-0!!!

Xxx
jow

Oh Cathy that does sound a bit rubbish- the seroma and the facial hair and the nails.  Are you on any hormone treatment? 

Fairdust are you in today for final chemo?  And Ali, hope you are bearing up ok- it does feel like this chemo goes on forever......I gather there is an end to it eventually. 

Im halfway through the radiotherapy. It has been fine but by the end of last week I was so totally exhausted.  Went to friends for dinner and ate the food and then was in a deep sleep for the whole evening, even when they talked about me! .  My skin is coping well so far but apparently like chemo, the effects continue for a few weeks after radiotherapy has finished.   I’m also starting the zoladex later today- it’s an injected implant which lasts 28 days, plus letrazole. Zoladex is a temporary measure whilst I await ovarian removal.  I’m really not looking forward to more side effects.  Especially not more weight gain. 

This is weekend I went on a Younger Women Together event organised by Breast Cancer Care.  It was really good to meet with other young (ish) women- well worth doing if you get the chance.  I got to meet Vee78 who was also on this forum initially which was nice. Most women were further down the treatment line, and I think the emotional efffects take over from the physical ones after a while..... . Cathy,  I did notice one woman there had a lot of facial hair. 

I have 7 year old at home with a temperature today.  Hoping it may be chickenpox brewing.  I managed to get myself locked into the chemo den this morning- thankfully my poorly son eventually woke up and was able to unscrew the door handle from the other side and remove the broken mechanism to allow me to escape.  He was truly delighted to be the hero. I was very grateful.  It is not a pleasant experience to be trapped on 2nd floor of a tall house- it only was for an hour.  Can’t imagine what those Grenfell Towers people went through. 

Jo x 

Cathysid

Hi again,
Fairydust- are you on for last chemo this week?

Ck - I know what you mean about trying to get comfy to sleep, post surgery. I have to sleep on my right side with my left arm supported on a pillow. I still get achey legs too - could be the herceptin maybe? Or just post chemo.

Ali - mushrooms are strangely better for you cooked than raw. You can get capsules if you can’t eat mushrooms too so no need to miss out if you don’t like them 😉

I’m back in the hospital to have my seroma drained again today. It’s now every 3 days and 350ml! It’s like having a grapefruit in my armpit. It fills up so fast. Skin is red so nurse is worried infection may be brewing. Declined antibiotics today but keeping a close eye on it. Cording is sore but can be stretched if I do the exercises 3 or 4 times a day and massage my biceps and triceps. It tightens up again quite quickly though. Referred for physio.

Anyone else got stubble!!!!! I used to have white downy hair on my face(not noticeable!). Last night my cheeks were feeling rough. I thought it was dry skin but on closer inspection found it was stubble(agh!!!). A few of the hairs over my cheekbones are coming through thick and black!!! Had to pluck them ASAP. Feels like planet of the apes 🦍. I do hope it doesn’t stay! Also I have a bumpy rash on my forearms - like every hair follicle is swollen- hoping the same isn’t happening there too!
Head hair is growing now and a bit thicker. Maybe 8mm long, very patchy though. Greyish brown. Typical - I will have a hairy face and bald patches on my head!
Oh and my eyebrows fell off a few days ago! Totally gone now. Big toe nails are falling off and cracks back on thumbs. Chemo may have finished 7 weeks ago but it’s effects keep coming!

Hope you are all well.
Love Cath xxx
CK

Hi Fairydust, Ali
Im hoping and wishing us all good news and results. It is rubbish going through it all but it will be all worth it. When other ladies were sharing good news and I was feeling rubbish, it still lifted me up to know that other ladies have good results so theres chance I will too but I did get to the stage in my mind when I didnt expect good news just hoping it wasnt too bad and doable and treatable, many might associate with this. Its kind of been the story of my life but I just go and deal with it! Then when you get some good news it doesnt sink in!
We have all gone through so much and it will be wirh us forever but once me ded it is time to think of number one! Fairydust thanks for sharing your experience and Ali I know treatment seems to be neverending but it will be worth it.
I will sti be going to hospital every 3 weeks for Herceptin and I have an appointment with BC team in August.
There s still rads after Ive recovered from my op.
My oncologist appointment is on Feb 14th, same day as Ali's final chemo! Will be thinking of you Ali.xxx
Ali49

My last chemo is 14th feb Fairydust xx
Fairydust 14

Morning all Ali, so pleased you have a surgery date, am sure your surgeon will hope to deliver good news to you once it's done, as CK received. I can't imagine how you feel as I just had a lumpectomy, but the reconstruction they did on that is incredible. They took skin and tissue from my back to fill in the lump so I have a pretty long scar on my back as well as my front. I am in awe of what surgeons can do. I have to massage the scars with cream, I use aqueous cream for this, and other than that it's ok. The scar tissue throbs quite hard sometimes as it builds up under the skin but that's normal, and makes me remember that my body is still healing underneath, even though I feel fine on top. I'm proud of my scars though, I even like them. The only terrible part of this entire bc process is chemo. Maybe one day the researchers will invent something that doesn't have such terrible side effects, which future generations can benefit from...or better yet, they'll find the cure for cancer! Have you had your last chemo yet Ali? CK, glad you're still beaming. You go girl. Get through rads and herceptin etc...and go on to be the new you! Do you need to have further scans/mammograms? I will be checked once a year I think. My oncologist will discharge me once rads is over. Then, no more hospital visits, no more blood tests, no more injections, no more steroids, no more antibiotics, no more chemotherapy that will get me smiling. :-0
CK

Good morning Ali
How good you have your op date now, the next stage of treatment . Is it your last cycle? Hope all goes well Ali and soon we can all meet up.
I had the best sleep last night since op, about 9 hours! It isnt painful but just uncomfortable and need to get in a good position to sleep and then when you do, you start to get backache for staying in the same position.
I still get achy and not sure if its still chemo effects or Herceptin but Chemo nurse said its normal.
But I am a bit hyper too after my good results and cant sleep for that too. On cloud 9 all day but still remembering I need to recover after my op!
All this is just so emotional. From one week to another I'm a totally different person! Its still not sunk in yet that I can actually plan things now when b4 I held back on everything and wondering whether I can even do it!
I know I still have a journey with rads, herceptin and tablets but to see my surgeon with a massive grin on his face and say those two words 'Good news!' is constantly in my head!
And now, I keep thinking I want this for every lady on here and wish it can rub off on everybody!

The nights are getting brighter too. Last night it was still bright at 5.30pm over here and someone left some Tulips at my front door. I just adore flowers🌷🌼🌻🌺🌹
Ali49

I am miles better today thanks Ck. Saw surgeon yesterday so mx and recon booked for 5th March! How are you recovering from your op? Have you driven yet?
CK

Yummy mushrooms in garlic and butter Ali. How are you?x
Ali49

Cathysid - do you cook tbe mushrooms?
Fairydust 14

Hi Cathy, all sounds a bit too healthy for me... 🙂 No matter how hard I try, I struggle to upgrade my eating habits, but do eat granary or seeded bread now, rather than white bread, do drink more smoothies than I used to, but I really can't eat mushrooms unfortunately. I do eat rainbow foods as much as I can though. Fairydust x
Cathysid

A handful of mushrooms a day
Green tea(ideally 3-5 cups a day, nicer with a slice of lemon!)
A tablespoon of flaxseed(Aldi does cheap ground flax with goji berries etc in - it’s by the cereals)

All of the above have been proven in studies to reduce breast cancer risk. All easy to add to our normal diets and help keep us cancer free too!
CK

Thanks Chaffinch and Sam(not seen you for ages, hope you are doing well)
Im still grinning and not chatted so much on the phone for a long while.
I can actually make plans now, its amazing how one week can chsnge to anorher. Last week I was so down as had op and worried about results and my friends booking holidays etc but I couldnt commit. I can now!!!:D

Im just tucking into Organic Chicken wings which I have roasted and some Mushroom Risotto. Aparently Mushrroms help prevent breast cancer cells from forming.

Hope you ladies are doing well.xx
Sam34

Well done CK ❤️
Happy for you x
Chaffinch17

Thanks for the Herceptin info CK glad to hear that you are doing well and still grinning x
CK

Hi Cathysid
Yes, must do exercises! I had a distict nurse come every day until it was out....but rather the seroma out than in! I have a little swelling and numbness but still only 9 days after op! Hipe you are feel8ng well in yourself and heres loiking forward to your good results too🤞🤞😘😘
Cathysid

So glad you got such good results, CK!

My results aren’t till Thursday next week, so a long wait still!
My drain is out now, but the fluid is still being produced so I have a grapefruit sized swelling in my armpit. I go to the hospital twice a week to have it drained. I also have some cording now so am really working on getting my arm stretched high above my head and massaging my arm every day.

Hope you are all well
Cx
CK

Thank you ladies! I went to sleep with a big grin on my face still:D Its just a great feeling and I hope we are all upwards and onwards too. Ive had a friend round today, its funny, b4 results I wouldve said no but Im happy for visits now. Its just totally changed my mood. I am still tired from the op and still a way to go so need to remember to rest. Rang my 81 mum overseas and she was in bed and we said goodbye, then 10 minutes later she rang back and said I cant sleep, Im so happy!!! I reme.bered wjen she gave me her news after all clear from bowel cancer...so I know how she feels! I texted my daughter who was in the library at uni and she said everyone must think shes on drugs because she couldnt stop shouting:) She had a good excuse, bless her. She has coped so well through this and gotton on with her studies. Im so proud of her.

Hi Chaffinch
The Herceptin is fine. The first session I had to say to be monitored for 6 hours for high temp and blood pressure and the 2nd one for 2 hours! The last 3 have been in and out! Started on the right thigh, so odd numbers is right side and even numbers is left thigh. The injection takes about 3 mins and a slight pinch at first which are used to but then just relax whilst its goung in. Usually chatting to nurse so over in no time. No side effects from that. I have 13 more every 3 weeks and had 5 up til now. In a way Im glad Im having them as I still get to see rhe team every 3 weeks and discuss anything on my mind.xx

Hi Fairydust
Aw, thank you for worrying and thinking about me. I think we support each other so much even when Im too busy or not well to come on here we still think of each other even though we have never met. We are connected through this and want the best for each other. I hope your last treatment treats you well.xx

Cathysid
Are drains out yet? Good luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and hoping its good news too.
My drain came out on 6th day. Dolly drain became a good companion.xx

Jow
Thank you and yes, the chemo is in the past now but we must always remember it was our allie and here to help us. My drugs had names and I spoke to them a lot when they went in. The EC was called Ruby and Doxetaxol called Dotty! Herceptin is called Hetty! Hope we have lots of toasts together Jow.xx

Sib
Thank you for your dances and train journeys and turning up here for us. Hope time for your bell soon.xx

Ali
Hipe your tongue is better! It must be coming up bell time too. All the best for treatment and look forward to hearing good results🤞🤞🤞😘

And all the rest of us. Keep in there😘

Chaffinch17

🎉🎉🎉I’m so pleased for you CK 💕.
How are you finding the Herceptin? I have my first one on the 16th x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ck 😘😘wonderful news 🎉🎉🎉so very happy for you ♥️♥️♥️💕💕shi xx
Fairydust 14

Oh wow! Superb news CK! You truly are blessed. Everything has gone so so well. Now celebrate, laugh, run, live and be happy forever! I was worried about you. Glad it was ill founded. We're continually here for you for your further treatments, and always will be. Thanks for always supporting us too! Fairydust x
jow

Fantastic news CK!  ( I’m not sure my surgeon has every smiled!). Makes all that grim chemo worthwhile.

Im going to toast you with a glass of kombucha!

Jo x

Mishy18

Wonderful news Ck xxx great to hesr 💖 makes it all worth it doesn't it xx
CK

Ali
Still a bit to do yet and keep on top of it but at least with a better peace of mind and I want the same dor all of you ladies too! We are all so brave and strong and deserve a better quality of life after treatment whatever it may be. Im looking forward to meeting up with you Ali when we are mended.xx
Ali49

CK fantastic! Amazing! Well donecto you and the team that treted you. Today makes all of this worthwhile for you. Thank you Ck. Now enjoy celebrating snd getting on woth your lovely life xxx
CK

WOOP WOOP! One of the best days of my life!!! Saw my surgeon with a big smile on his face, so kind of knew it eas good news! Back in August he didnt smile! He sat down and his first words were 'Good news!!!' Well I wanted to get up and cuddle him to bits but held back and just repeatedly shouted 'Yes, yes, yes!' Like a crazy woman!!!

Chemo worked well!
All 18 lymph nodes clear!
Margins clear!
O.5mm DCIs all gone!
No more surgery!
No cancer!

Will see Onc 21st Feb to discuss Rads which will hopefully be March some time.
Need to work on exercise to avoid stiff shoulderand Lymphadema!

I was buzzin so much I forgot I had Herceptin, so had my 5th one today too!

Ladies, I need you all to have this amazing feeling at some stage, Ive had a big grin on my face all day and not sure what to do with myself!

There have been times when Ive been so down and my mind wondered but thats normal and I was bricking myself this morning. Its really not nice not knowing and waiting for results but we can do it, will do it and even though it doesnt seem like it at the moment, its to give us a better quality of life!

I chose to forget about statistics, how long or what chance, etc! Treatnent and drugs are getting better and advanced all of the time, and if they give you a percentage, are you part of it, will you know? No!! So get healing as we have lots to do!!!

Still rads and herceptin and hormone treatment but give it to me. Thank you for your words of support.

To all trestments this week, the best of luck and least SEs.xxx