328278posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Re: September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Hi all! 

Im probably not alone on this but im so nervous about possible side effects??? Ive been reading through all the past posts to prepare myself as never been through something like this before!! The main thing im stressed about is my hair! Its shoulder length ,im not even tempted by cold capping it just isnt for me. So im gonna brave the shave (is that wise???) cant bring myself to do it tho!!

Love & hugs x

Happy 5 Year anniversary and thanks for the top tips X

Morning!
This is my first time posting. Had a single mastectomy end of July and skin sparing reconstruction. I'm HER2 positive and ER+ and they've said they're throwing everything at me. I'm starting 6 rounds of FEC-t in next few week, then will be starting Herceptin injections alongside chemo. When chemo stops, I'll start radiotherapy continuing with the injections. My mind is blown and I'm really hoping to gain support/advice from eachother going through it at the same time! I'm really positive, but do feel nervous at all the possible side effects. Happy Sunday!!! X
Highlighted

Hello all, my first time posting since diagnosis in June and surgery in July. Am due to start 3 FEC 3 T on Tuesday 4th. Am feeling very apprehensive and a bit overwhelmed by it all like many who have trodden this path before I guess.  I want to wish you all, all the very best for treatment. With each other's support we can do this, we are strong 😄  lots of love xx

Good evening ladies.
I was in your shoes September 2013
This monthly chemo forum was an absolute godsend & I am still in contact with a number of ladies that I met back then.
I was triple neg, had a mastectomy, axillary clearance, 6 rounds of Fec-t and later reconstruction.
As this is my 5 yr anniversary I felt drawn to come back here and will continue to pop in now & again to see how you’re getting on.
If you have any questions, pls ask I’ll do my best to answer x
Ooh top tip drink lots of water especially the day before, the day of and the day after chemo.

Best of Luck xx

ktk

Good luck from the June thread ladies. You’be got this and the forum is a great source of info and support. Kxx

Hi ladies, it’s my first time posting too. Starting first chemo on 5th Sept - 3*FEC and 3*T. Had mastectomy and lymph node dissection already and then will need radiotherapy and tamoxifen afterwards. Feeling so nervous but pleased I’ve found this group as its reassuring to know I’m not going through this on my own. Wishing everyone luck 💪🏻😊 xx

Hi,

Like you Bee starting chemo on Thursday 6th. 3*FEC and 3*T. Was diagnosed on 27july and have had no treatment to date. I know I am T4 as nipple skin affected and that I am not hormone receptive. Lump is like a golf ball in size and need a mastectomy.

Can’t wait to get started to get this battle underway as it’s winning just now🙁

Have my wee chemo bag packed and ready for action and going to give the cold cap a go, fingers crossed 🤞🤞

Wishing everyone all the luck in the world and so comforted that not going through this alone.

Lots of love 💖

Hi! First time posting

Starting 6x ec on Thursday 6th, after having lumpectomy and 3 nodes removed (clear) Her2 positive so chemo needed 😕.Also will be getting radio, herceptin injections and tamoxifen after. Feeling very nervous and massively emotional lol. Xx

Community Champion

September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Hi Ladies
This thread is for anyone who is starting chemo this month.
I hope you can all help and support each other through this challenging time.
Best wishes
Sue xx