330958posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Re: September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Hi all!

Thought i better check in as been awhile, im currently day 13 after 1st ec, shaved head day 5, admitted to hospital day 6 (high temp) only stayed one night looks like start of infection so antibiotics given. Constipation gradually subsided only had to take one lot of senna which was good. Feeling really good actually. New thing that is happening, hairloss but NOT on my head!! Yes lady fuzz 🤣

Love & Hugs Bee 🐝 x

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Good luck Mamatony!   Dont worry about online shopping we class it as a side effsct of chemo!!  Just blame chemo brain!!:smileyvery-happy.  As for venturkng out during middle week my onc said to avoid public places like cinema, theatre, schools etc but to still go out, if i needed the sioermarket try to go off peak and take hand gel and use regularly!  Avoid anyone with colds etc but dont loxk yourself away, i still try to get out in fresh air for a walk.  

You are all doing well big hugs

Kip

Hey MamaTony - I'll be thinking of you at 4pm. I'm praying it's good news and nothing to worry about. We have enough going on!
Well done to all the ladies that gave had their hair cut short in preparation. Mentally, it does help.
I had my first FEC yesterday. Felt horrifically sick last night and my head and stomach hurt but this morning it's more manageable. They gave me an arsenal of anti sickness drugs to take home. I'm dreading the injections for 7 days. Needs must eh? Just pottering today and watching Netflix!
I'm considering a picc line for my next load as it was very painful in my hand. Anyone have one and what do you think?! Any drawbacks to having one?
Sending lots of love to everyone as always, Dawn x

Hi all,

Day 12 now after first of my FEC-T* 6 chemo rounds. Feeling good, just a bit paranoid about going over the door when I am in my ‘middle week’ and my immunity is low. Still doing the school run but apart from that and a bit of food shopping not venturing out much more.

Keeping buying stuff online!!! Need to stop that as off work and not earning £££’s
(I’m a foster mum and had to let my wee boy go🙁)

Anyway, really scared today as have appt at 4pm to get result of liver ultrasound. A couple of shadows were found following my CT scan. Just seems to have been bad news for the past while so expecting the worst and praying for the best 🙏🙏

This is such a challenging journey, getting the chemo and dealing with the side effects has been straight forward for me so far. IT IS THE WAITING FOR RESULTS THAT IS EMOTIONAL TORTURE 😰 Anyway roll on 4pm so that I know 🤞🤞

Sorry for the moan I am normally a positive person but this ride tests the best of us!

Love that I can post here and people in the same boat can really appreciate the feelings.

Love to you all💕

Hi thank you for your kind words l have had my haircut really short it's a shock when I look in the mirror but it's done now no going back l Wear my hat in the house but haven't been out yet but when I do I will wear my wig l am still struggling with the treatment had to phone a couple of times better day today so hopefully it will get easier good luck with your treatment.

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies, re constipation... I get it every time with chemo, think the steroids do it.  I was told not to take too much senna but to get lactulose, you can get it over counter and take  some each evening before bed, it rwally helps me.  Also drink plenty and prunes with breakfast!  

Also ive never heard of no black pepper i add cit to everythjng especially when taste buds go walm about.  Glad to see you are all doing well, though.

Oh and j have a fringe with velcro on which came from Macmillan cente at my hospitsl perfect for tucking under a hat or scarf!

Kio xx

Morning everyone,

Well, Senna hasn't worked for me either, so am picking up something stronger this afternoon from the chemo nurse. She also suggested eating oranges, so I'm trying that too. Anything to get things going! Had a lovely conversation with my nurse about wind and rabbit pellets - sounds like a walk in the countryside, if only!! So dignified all this!

Gx

ktk

Never heard about pepper Tizwas! Not sure what that’s about. Our cancer support centre gives everyone a real hair fringe for using with scarves. You can get them in different colours and lengths. We were told about them at the LGFB session which is well worth going to!

Re constipation do keep on top of it! Senna doesn’t work for me but I take Macrogol/Laxido everyday to keep everything moving. Just ask your dr or chemo nurse.

With everything it is better to check and don’t suffer in silence. Loads of help out there and advice on here too. Be strong ladies Kxx

Oh yes you gotta laugh! I thought constipation may affect me as I wasn't my 'usual' yesterday morning lol I got senna yesterday and took two last night, back to normal today but I think I'll keep taking them, as well as loads of fruit and water xx

Hi everyone,

after two bad nights and a day with stomach cramps, which I initially thought were very bad period pains, I took myself off to A&E this morning. Luckily it's "just" constipation, so have been given Senna tablets which should hopefully help to sort things out. Has anyone taken these before or got any other good tips on what to do about constipation? Don't fancy this as an additional ongoing problem.

I agree we're all pretty amazing. I was joking with my husband in A&E that I've got far less concerned about whipping my clothes off in front of strangers, talking about all sorts of unpleasant bowlmovements (or lack of) etc. You've got to try to see the funny side of things, otherwise we'll just go completely crazy!

Gx

Hi

First post here, chilling in bath reading your inspiring posts! Aren't we amazing women??!!!

I've had wide excision and sentinel lymph node dissection for grade 3 triple neg cancer, started first of 6 fec 75 chemo on Thursday 13th. 

Drank loads before (usually do anyway) and had slight queasyness, I was given Akynzeo an hour before and then dexamethasone twice daily for 3 days, seems to have worked well, also took metoclopromide first day just in case.

Biggest problem has been cough (which I think may be from the enalapril I'm taking for a clinical trial) but it's making my throat sore and I'm repeatedly checking temp incase it triggers a throat infection! 

Also got chemo foggy head, and a bit headachy, checking temp prior to taking paracetamol. 

I've had odd tingly tender sensation in eyebrows and hairline?? Bit early for it falling out lol?! My lovely 14year old daughter cut my quite long hair into a bob to get us all used to less hair, my main concern is people getting me mixed up with my hubby who shaves his head bald all the time, I have visions of the kids walking into the kitchen saying "oh I thought it was dad?!" 😂 

If we go out in public I think one of us will have to wear a hat!

I'm getting a wig but don't plan to wear it all the time, get irritated with things on my head (that's why I didn't really consider cold cap, the thought of it gave me a headache!) I've got my family onto making a diy fringe on a hairband to wear under a hat, saw the idea somewhere in these forums but didn't note the ladies name, Thank you to her for the idea!

Was anyone advised to avoid fresh ground black pepper? I was but didn't get chance to ask why, I'm vegan so don't need to worry about avoiding the other things like prawns, but I used pepper every day and have had to hide it in case I forget😊

It's a great help reading everyone's experiences, love and hugs to those struggling at the moment, we'll get through this together xxx

Well, it's done - just got back from the hairdresser! Had it cut to just above chin length. This will take some getting used to. My kids have been very sweet and seem genuinely enthusiastic. I keep looking at myself and thinking - not sure, help! But my hairdresser was so sweet, lots of hugs and encouragement. How did you get on, Pat?

About needles - I hate them, so jumped at the opportunity of having a Picc line fitted. I didn't actually fancy that much either, but the procedure was very straight forward and not at all painful. A week later and I am doing exercises and using my arm as normal. And the best thing is, everything can be done through this line now - no more needles! I would defitinively recommend this for anyone (like me) with a needle problem. Also, apparently your veins "disappear" over time with all the injections and blood tests, and then they have to dig around to find them. Grrr, I just really didn't fancy that at all.

Gx

Aww Kath!  

You poor love... 

my chemo nurse on my first round told me to call the chemo hotline and that it might be possible for them to give me a drip to re-hydrate if you are being this nauseous and cannot keep anything down at all.... they won't want you to be this bad at your chemo unit either.  

All the best 

Georgie 

Oh I'm so sorry you're so sick Kath1977. I really hope some other drugs will help you. It's extra horrid if you hate needles too. Sending hugs

I phoned them last night and they sent a doctor to my house and gave me an injection.

They said they will phone me back today to see how I'm doing.

Am waiting for the district nurse to come out to give me injection to boost my white blood cells.

Loving all these needles when I am petrified of needles. 😒😒😒😒
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh poor you Kath, I had heard Amend were good, but they don't suit everyone, see if you can get something else from hotline, different things suit different people. But definitely tell the chemo hotline!

Thanks for the quick reply.
Hubby has just been and got me Nurofen melts as can't take tablets.
Yes I had amend yesterday and this morning but not working for me. And they are supposed to be the gold tablets that not everybody is given.
Trust me hey 🙄🙄🙄
ktk

Hi Kath. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. You can take paracetamol or ibuprofen for your headache as long as you don’t have a temperature. If in doubt ring your chemo helpline. Also talk to them about your sickness and the will give you different meds. Did you have Emend? If not ask for it!! Kxx

Hi Everyone

Had my first fec chemo yesterday and as soon as I got home started being sick even with 8 anti sickness tablets.
Have had an horrendous night, had to have GP come out in middle of night to give me injection.
My head is so fussy I do feel horrendous.
Can anyone tell me anything to take for fussy head.
Sorry I can't be more positive for you all but any help would be much appreciated.

Can't keep fluids down or any tablets they have given me.

Kath xx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi LittlePixie, sorry to hear you've been feelling blue... hope things pick up now you've got the chemo underway.   Love the sound of the away day... I definately have the belly for belly dancing!

Pat & Gabby - Sounds like you are making the first steps to near hairstyles... I had past shoulder length hair for well over 25 years and had to brave having mine cut short before having chemo.  I didn't want to see the great lengths falling out.  I went for a very short pixie cut (as short as I could go without actually being shaved - I didn't cold cap so it didn't matter too much) and I was so surprised... everybody loved it.. in fact everyone has said "don't grow your hair long again you look so much younger"  even the butcher told me on Saturday how young I look (I have since got a short wig and he didn't even realise it wasn't my hair!).   I would never have been brave enough to try a short hairstyle if it wasn't for chemo, and I was devastated when 2 weeks later I had to shave the lot as it all fell out very quickly but at least this blasted C gave me one positive... I now know I can rock short hair!   Good luck with the hair cuts.. my hairdresser knew why I was doing it and was very helpful, I did cry but 5 chemos have passed and I am getting hair back.. albeit short fluffy white stuff...

Big hugs

Kip

xxx

Hi ladies
I've had a blue few days. Starting my first lot of FEC on Monday and the anticipation was getting to me! I've been to an 'away day' today that the lovely breast care nurses organise annually and it was brilliant. I met some amazing people, got lots of advice, information, did some meditation etc and I feel much better in myself now. I even had a go at belly dancing which was fun. Lots of love to everyone and good luck to those starting tomorrow x

Hi Pat, (I thought I'd posted this earlier, but somehow didn't - technology or chemo brain!?) I'm having my hair cut short tomorrow as well. Initially I got myself really worked up about this - I haven't had my hair short since my granddad made me have a very short bob when I was 8 and I was furious! Now, however, I am trying to see it as another step towards recovery and maybe it will even be fun to try something new. Have you had a look at styles online? I got some advice on this from my daughter. She is 17 and thinks I might actually look quite cool, which would be a first! Have you spoken to your hairdresser? I think it's worth telling him/her that you're not doing this out of choice and are feeling a bit anxious. I spoke to mine and she was lovely; I've been going to her for years, she's had cancer, and will help me through this I'm sure. Incidentally, when I finished cold-capping yesterday, one of the chemo nurses advised me not to have my hair cut too short i.e. keep the hairline at the back covered, so that my neck will still be protected a little during cold-capping. This might be a good intermediate step for me and less of a shock (until my hair starts falling out!). Here's to the new us - good luck for tomorrow, Pat.

Gaby x

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

It does help when somebody in chemo unit is positive and encouraging. unfortunately on my first time I met a misery who told me how rubbish it was and how awful I would feel! Then a lovely old lady came over and told me not to listen to her and that I would be fine! Bless her... just what I needed.
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Yup I agree with KTK... the FEC seems to hit quickly but you bounce back again after a few days.  Just rest, drink and take it easy.   I believe some people do feel the cold with it too, I got hot flushes so went the other way.  Box sets, duvet and PJs and rest up!

Kip

x

ktk

Hi Pat. I am on the June thread with Kip. I found that Fec wiped me out for a few days so I just hunkered down in bed watching TV at all hours and dozing when I could. The anti sickness meds worked well for me and do make sure you drink loads, 3litres +! It is the steroids that keep you awake so make sure you don’t take them after 4pm. I did find that I recovered more quickly after the second and third session. Back to ‘normal’ after about three or four days. Good luck and feel free to ask anything. Kxx

Hi I am on day 6 of my Fec chemo, I am on antibiotics already as it was thought I may an infection but the hospital could not pin it down so a belt and bracers precaution. I have felt really sick very tired and didn't sleep at all last night today no energy but I must motivate myself does anyone know who is on the Fec treatment does it get easier when I have the next 3 treatments I'm hoping it will be yes also I am having my haircut cut short tomorrow don't know how I will cope with that.

Hi Kip, Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It really helps to see that I'm not the only one struggling. Oddly enough, once I'd put my last post on this forum, I started to feel so much better - it's like a valve was opened and all my bad feelings started to leave. I'm sure there will be more bad days, but at least for now, I'm ok again.

Had my first chemo yesterday which went really well. So far no sickness: I've been given a barrage of tablets, am also drinking lots of herbal teas and water, and wearing anti-sickness wrist bands. I'm throwing everything at this and something seems to be working - so far I'm feeling fine, hurrah! My nurse yesterday was so kind and efficient, which really helped. She changed the bandage on my picc line, which had been bothering me and my arm now feels as good as new, even managed to do some gentle Pilates this morning, so am feeling rather pleased with myself. The only thing I've noticed is that my temperature seems to have crashed to just under 36C - has anyone else had that happen after chemo? I've had a hot shower, piled on layers of clothing and am having hot drinks. I'll keep an eye on this till lunch time, as my BCN was very keen for me to monitor my temperature. I don't actually feel cold (though I did last night), so it's a bit odd.

Met a lovely lady on the chemo ward yesterday, who has almost reached the end of her treatment. She gave me lots of encouragement and some tips about cold capping and hair (cold cap wasn't actually too bad at all after first 10 minutes). She went round all the patients and chatted to them, before she left. It was such a kind gesture and you could see people's faces brighten as she moved through the room. Ordinarily her chattiness might have annoyed me slightly, but it was just what I needed yesterday. I shall remember her kindness and cheerfulness - these small things make such a difference and it is important to treasure them amidst all this rubbish that we have to go through.

Gx

Hi Kip, so pleased you posted on here, I can relate to all those words, so grateful to you. My last chemo left my completely wiped out and endless tears. Having my 5 chemo later today at a lower dose, then one more after this one. I just love meeting other ladies and listening to them about their journey. Thanks again kip.😊
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

KEENO72 - the thick head is annoying, paraceteomal and lots of water seemed to help,only lasted a few days... bit like a hangover without the fun hey!
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies, sorry to hear some of you are struggling at the moment.  I've been there to, and still get there sometimes.   I was diagnosed in April and have had MX and 5 x chemo so far (3 x FEC 2 x T) and I get you.  My gosh I have cried more in the last few months than I ever thought was possible.   I have had every black thought going. Ive shouted that "I want my old life back" on more than one occasion.  Its normal, its crap and there is no quick fix BUT you won't always feel like that.   When I was first diagnosed I could not see past the next hour or two, but I spoke with some ladies who had had breast cancer and I read every thread on here and everyone said... the most difficult part is the beginning... when you are waiting for answers, having more and more tests, results keep changing and it feels like nothing will ever improve.  Once you get treatment started you feel more in control, something is happening, you have answers, although you are always waiting for the next answer too.   And those ladies were right, I feel better now that I am doing something.   Remember its ok to feel scared, angry, to cry and shout, come on here and do it if you feel you can, we have all vented our frustrations and there is always someone with a word of wisdom or a "big hug" who understands.   I have days when I just cry and can't see forwards, I think we always will, its human nature to be scared, but don't be alone, we are all here.. this forum has literally saved me ... you all get exactly how this feels and only someone in this **bleep**ty old ride can fully understand.     Also, dont be afraid to speak to your BCN or ONC nurse or MacMillan unit or GP if you need to, there is so much support out there.

Oh and by the way... you will come to laugh at some of the most insensitive things people say to you...I've had some corkers!!

Take care all of you...

Love Kip

xx

Hi Everyone

I start my first chemo tomorrow I am having fec-t.

I am fed up of waiting and worrying.

I am also fed up of everyone saying " this could happen to you" or " that might happen to you".

Let's just see what will happen when it happens.

Anybody else having same day or close to me.

Kath xx

Hello all amazing ladies. So youve just saved me I havnt felt need to come on the forums since having diagnosis and recon, been feeling great getting fit and waiting for chemo and boom I started last Thursday FEC-T, really sick on the day and been sailing along on steroids and antisickness. Stopped those on day 5 and had my first bad night/ bad day couldnt sleep short of breath tight chest convinced myself had caught an infection!! Paranoier back! Got up with major thick head and dizzy then washed hair and had a patch of hair loss having had cold cap! Meltdown then! Anyway got myself together nurses came to clean PICC and said just SE's nothing to worry about and my onco has prescribed more antisickness just in case. Booked my wig fitting just in case hey ho on sofa and hoping my fuzzy head will be better tomorrow! Anyone got any tips for heavy thick head they said i can only take paracetamol really and they dont do much for me. Thanks all for getting me back in good mindset knowing I'm not only one out there! Much love Hxxx

Thanks Kip really useful! H xxx

I am similar to you in that the seemingly long wait for treatment to start seemed never ending. I had my first chemo yesterday and feel better that the treatment has started. This forum is great because unfortunately people either saying you are strong or you’ll come through this does not mean much. 

There are times when it is hard, sad or you’ll want to shout, just go with it. Use the forum. I don’t post much but take heart from reading others posts.. be kind to yourself.xx

Hi everone, I've been following this thread silently for the past few days, mainly because I have been feeling so low that I just couldn't think of anything to say. I'm still feeling very sad today, but reckon it's better to share this than stay quiet.

I am starting chemo tomorrow and hopefully that will help me feel a little more upbeat, just because the wait is now finally over and something is actually being done to get rid of this blasted BC. I seem to have spent my last week in hospital having one test after the other. Now they've discovered a large ovarian cyst, which has probably been there for some time and isn't causing me any problems; looks like it's benign, but they are doing more blood tests etc. I suppose it's good they've checked absolutely everything, but I've had enough of tests for now - I need some action!

I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling with lots of negative thoughts and emotions. I am constantly being told by friends and family, that I am so strong and will get through this (well-meaning support, but somehow not that helpful) - but right now I really don't feel strong and just feel like crying. I have contacted my BCN to see if she can maybe help and am waiting for her to call me back. But if anyone has any tips or advice on how to get through these "dark days", I would love to hear.

Gaby x

MamaTony, I would phone the nurse in your position. She can check the system and see if the results are in, and if they are, you can ask for an earlier discussion. My nurse phoned me today just to check how I was, and i asked if my lymph node biospy results were in, but they weren't yet, so hopefully will be back when I go to clinic next Tuesday.

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh MamaTony - it does frustrate me when they do that, why tell you half a result and then say you can't have the full picture until another day!!!   GRRRRRR... I wish they would say nothing at all or tell you everything... I do know that the scans can show up all sorts of things, scarring, cysts etc so don't panic (easier said than done I know).  Good idea to ring the nurse, she wil be able to put your mind at rest.

Kip

xx

Hi,

Just a wee update after my last post:

Day 5 after first FEC chemo and feeling much better.
Sick for first day and 1/2 then just tired more since then. Completely off tea and coffee which is amazing for me I normally am a 3 cuppa/day person. Same happened when I was pregnant!

Anyway had a visit to hospital today for an ultrasound on my liver. My CT scan showed everything looked ok apart from the breast and a couple of shadows on the liver🙁🙁 they said the shadows could have always been there and not to worry....I AM TERRIFIED 🙁
And although the radiographer said she would have the results on the system by the end of today, I was told I had to wait til the 25th for them😰 This is mental torture.
Thinking will phone my breast nurse tom and ask if I can have them earlier. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Best wishes to all💕
ktk

The injections are Filgrastim. I don’t know why some people get them. They can make your bones ache so it is worth taking some pain killers as a precaution. I take codeine.

Hi Rally15,

It’s to boost your immune system - need to have one injection a day for 7 days.

P.S. Make sure you drink plenty of water today, tomorrow and the day after treatment as it will help 😊 Good luck 😘 L xx

Thanks Lisa T. Hope you continue well. Can I ask what the injections are for? I have emend in tablets.

Good luck for tomorrow Rally15 ❤️ Xx

I had my first FEC last Wednesday and so far I have been coping ok. I had a couple of days of feeling sick - I was given Emend. The last couple of days have been pj days, slept a lot and just ached all over.

Managed to give myself the injection ... after lots of chickening out haha! 2nd one I did straight away so I’m getting better 😊

Feeling brighter today tho ... just hope it lasts ... or at least till the next session is due 🤞 L xx

Thanks for posting. I am just gearing up for first FEC chemo on Monday afternoon. I don’t think it has hit home yet how ill I could be feeling afterwards. Trying to be practical as I live alone.  Onc has given me Emend to start before first chemo and for a few days after along with arranging for the district nurse to call to give me an injection. Hopefully all the meds will work. X

Hi all. I started EC (3 cycles) today and wide awake at 2am feeling ok enough to come on here to share my 1st chemo day experience. Especially for Xxx who sounds like has similar doubts to me re cold cap. Side effects have been my most recent concern as appears to be for many.

The first concern after the shock of cancer diagnosis a couple of months back was the thought of a general anaesthetic for mastectomy for the 75mm invasive ductal carcioma that had snuck up on me. It turned out to be estrogen receptor and HER2 negative and lymph nodes clear. I am recovering well from the surgery and anaesthetic was fine. I am a larger build so had heart check etc which was all fine. Finding an MRI machine to squeeze into on the hottest week was not easy but did track one down in Marylebone if to or anyone else needs to find one in London. The standard size was too claustraphobic for me.

So chemo is about blasting those bad cells into orbit - my endopredict was on cusp of needing it but some lymphovascular invasion was enough to send me to an oncologist who recommended EC x3 (so every 3weeks- 3 in total and 12 x Taxol). Roll on January 2019 !

I was recommended the cold cap by my BCNs and a few others who it worked for. I do have cropped hair and it is a bit fine but strong and there is enough of it (45 years old so going grey now). I read up a bit about it and unbearable pain but I was most inspired by the news reader Rachael Bland who did a video blog of it and how it worked and impressed how well it worked for her. So I thought I would give it a try and see how I faired.

I would compare it to an ice cream headache on a extra grande gelato scale or like jumping head first into icy water. I took deep breaths and focussed on the knowledge it would subside. The hat was a strange sensation too so think of it as wearing a cold motorcycle helmet. I would also recommend a friend or loved one giving you a foot massage and chatting to you to distract you. And yes it adds some time. But I thought an hour and half may just be saved in going to try on wigs. I will soon find out rather than wonder what if.

So like everything with this whole Cancer Project we are all working on there is no one answer and no right or wrong answer. Just some advice from people in a similar boat.

All the best to you all and lets hope the side effects are at most wishing the 10pm news was on at 9pm as my oncologist said to me this morning. Or like jet lag or a really bad hangover after a weekend in Glastonbury. Fingers crossed 🤞

If you’re still feeling nauseous do not suffer in silence there really is no need. Your team have plenty of options in their arsenal, your cocktail of choice will be different to others. Eg I was allergic to metoclopromide, ondansetron did nothing for me where as others swore by them.
My best anti nausea meds were Emend, Granisetron, cyclizine.
Best of luck x
ktk

Lisa-T, pinch not punch!!!!

Pulapula, I am TN too. Just another label. As it is so difficult to treat I would definitely take advantage of the trial. As far as I am concerned they can throw anything at me! Take one day at a time and try to stay positive. Keep away from Google!! Good luck with your treatment. Feel free to ask any questions. I have two more sessions of Docetaxol, then rads. I had surgery (TM) first. Kx

Hello Ladies, just thought I'd join you.

I've just seen my oncologist for the first time, and I'll be starting chemo the week after next. I've been given the option to take part in a clinical trial and I need to let them know on Monday if I do want to do it.

I'm feeling a bit down as my surgeon said a few weeks ago I was HER2 positive, but the oncologist said it's triple negative, which I know isn't great :-(.

I had a SLNB on Tuesday so I'm still waiting for those results. I go back on Monday to have some smaller tumours biopsied, and to have a marker inserted in the primary tumour. Then go back on Tuesday to sign the consent if I want to do the trial. It's all so much to take in,and the chemo side effects list is lengthy for the FEC-T regime that I'd be on if i don't take part in the trial.

I'm sure it will be helpful to see how you all are doing, as it's a scary time. I'm not too bothered about the hair loss as I have short hair anyway, I just dont want this cancer to spread :-(

Hi
I was given ondansetron and metoclopramide is my back up, ive been ok today so far no sickness or nausea so fingers crossed 🤞
Bee x

Call your Dr's surgery and ask for the District Nurses to come, I was worried about injecting myself so called and they are coming every day😄 good luck xx