September 2021 Chemotherapy starters

Hi I’m starting my chemo, with 3 cycles of Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide, then 3 cycles of Nab-paclitaxel. Anyone else starting in September and on this cocktail? Would love to hear from you x

I go for my results on Friday after a lumpectomy on the 2nd August. I’m presuming chemo will start sometime during September as long as I don’t need further surgery.

My BCN told me my drug regime would be TCH - Docetaxel (Taxoterel) Carboplatin & Herceptin (Trastuzumab) but not sure if this will change when I eventually meet my oncologist. 

Hi,I am doing the exact same regime as you but I start this Monday 23 August.Everything is feeling to real now!The last few weeks have been horrendous waiting for appointments scan results etc.I know everyone has to go through this awful time.Now I’m just relieved to be finally getting the treatment started.I’ll keep in touch and let you know how Monday goes.Do you have an actual start date?

Jenny

Hi everyone and hope you are ok.  Here’s the usual post I put up to start the thread just to make sure you have all the info.  It’s a scary time but gets less anxious once you’re past the first dose.  

You can ask the nurses on this forum if you have any concerns.  In the meantime, the top tip is always to stay well hydrated throughout chemo, aiming for 2 litres of water per day and get a thermometer and check your temperature every day.

Here is the BCN guide on chemo:

breastcancernow.org/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment-breast-…

Here are some apps which can help to keep you on track: 

breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you/becca

nhs.uk/apps-library/owise-breast-cancer/

careology.health/

I finished my chemo in October 2017 and doing very well again now.  Here is my story which has some chemo tips on how I coped which were collectively shared from others who had gone through the same from this forum:

lifeafterlola.com/

If you decide to set up a private group its good to stay on here also during treatment as I know from experience there are some people who watch but don’t immediately pluck up the courage to join in.  Your conversations can be a real comfort to others.

If you’re new to the forum, here’s the “Getting Started” advice:

forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/How-to-get-started/bd-p/welcomegetstarted

Hi 

I’ll be starting in September EC for 4 cycles and then onto Paclitaxel & Carboplatin

Hi everyone. I start now-adjuvant chemo 2nd September, 6 weeks after I had my 2WW results. Triple negative, awaiting BRCA results, awaiting further biopsy results of another area of concern seem on MRI same side. 

Really helpful book “The Complete Guide to Breast Cancer” written by two doctors who have had it and been treated. I have LO’s who are 3 & 5 and there’s a great book called “is it still ok to have cuddles” as well as “mummy’s lump”. One that was good for my friends older kids is “cancer party”. 

Have had eyebrows monoblade-ombré, off for second look at wigs tomorrow. Have probably unwisely (!) told my girls they can help me do glitter tattoos on my head when I’m bald. Not going for cold cap as don’t want the extra time in the unit. 

Trying to cram in as much fun and fitness in as possible before treatment starts. Will start with Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide  fortnightly for 4 cycles then switch to weekly Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for 3 months. 

Good luck to us all and hope this is a safe space to talk about the hard stuff as well as the good. 

Hi,

Have a lobular ca grade 2, stage ?, estr+, herceptine - , no copromised limos. I had a full mastectomy( right) 25/6 and now started, today, chemo (epirrubucine+cyclophosphamide) 4 cycles (every fortnight). It was very quick in the hospital.

Feeling a bit of headache and nausea now but nothing terrible, but will top up meds now. Did my answer help? How are you? 

1st day of Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide yesterday afternoon. From the time of cannula to leaving was only 90mins. Feel like my tongue is like cotton wool but tingling and my head is like the worst hangover. No clarity of thought, slightly dazed. No nausea, not feeling hypomanic from the steroids either. All in all not shocking but the dread of what will hit at 24hrs post is making me feel anxious. Off for a walk with a friend to get some daylight and air, kids off with my lovely sis in law. Hope everyone’s doing ok x 

@amy46   Thanks for checking in. First 24 hours just felt like the worlds worst hangover. Background nausea like early pregnancy, headache that wouldn’t shift and brain fog. Went for a moderate paced 5km walk and felt better for it.

My LO are 5 & 3 I’m a single parent but am lucky my s-in-law is staying first few days of each cycle and have good friends to support me. 

Didn’t cold cap either, I’m embracing the hair loss and have a wig and a couple of fringe pieces for beanies. The thought of spending any more time in the day unit was enough to put me off and also the headaches. 

Have just injected the GCSF so now anxious about the side effects of that and also as not feeling so bad is the worst yet to come? I did the fast mimicking diet for 4 days before chemo so am hoping maybe I’ve mitigated the side effects but the uncertainty isn’t fun. 

How’s everyone else doing?