Started chemo 26th Feb

Hi Ladies my name is Linda and I’m so happy to have found this forum. 
I had my first chemo on 26th Feb. I’m on EC for 3 cycles then it changes if all is going well. 
My first one wasn’t as scary as I had anticipated… had bad nausea for a day which lessened with tablets. … horrendous indigestion… and blurry vision ( scary) but was checked out at A&E and all ok .

I managed out for a walk on Friday and felt good getting out … but it seems there are still days that surprise you… got up for a pee at 4 am went back to bed and lay down to sort of flashing images when I closed my eyes… then had a hot flush … then pain in my stomach and chest… nothing major and it passed but my god if fills you with anxiety  

Thanks for listening / reading ladies… such a relief to talk to you all  

Linda x

I

Hi Linda (LottieLaing) - welcome to the forum, I’m really sorry you find yourself here but glad you have found us all and hope you will find the forum supportive and helpful.

You might want to join the February 2021 or March 2021 chemo starters groups, so that you can compare notes with others who are at the same stage as you. Please ask if you need any help navigating the forum - or if you have any other questions at all.

My very best wishes and big hugs to you as you go through treatment, Evie xx

Hi @LottieLaing  and all in the Feb21Chemo starters :slightly_smiling_face: I was diagnosed with HER +ve BC on 12th Feb and came out of appointment pretty pissed off and angry, this wasn’t supposed to happen in the year I retire, not on my agenda at all ?

This is my first post on the forum after reading all your comments over the last week or so. I started my first of 3 EC on the 25th, now day 13 already. The first few days for me were the worst, very tired and nauseated but religiously took my anti sickness tablets till about day 6. Appetite went out the window, but oh me back with a vengeance just now! 

The Filgastrim injections were ok, no major side effects except for some spasms of pain at my lower back going through to my lower tummy, lasted a couple of days.

I managed to tolerate the cold cap so keeping fingers crossed…started the hunt for a wig…not easy in lock down but have a lovely lady who is sending me them to try, think I’ve found one but need a fringe cut into it, getting this done soon, just in case my hair starts falling out

I’m trying to keep as normal a routine as I can when I’m feeling good, worked from home for 1st week but have been back full time this week and feeling ok, even managed a long walk on Saturday. I’m embracing this while I still can function at nearly 100% because I know it is more than likely to get worse as each cycle come on board.

2nd EC on 18th, so hope to continue my journey chatting to you all and sharing experiences and support xx