1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in December.2012

Cressida

Re: Starting Chemo in December.

Queendrama - I like the way you assume a woman invented all the useful stuff like PICCs and Difflam. I am sure you are right.

Cybele - I too am lost for words. But she can't come to our summer Xmas party.

xxxx
Jayne_m

Cybele

I have just finished 6 FEC (last one yesterday) and some cycles were better than others so hopefully they wont all be as bad for you. I think our bodies get used to the poison and the most cumulative effect for me has been tiredness but even that is manageable as long as I apply the rule of rest for the same number of hours as activity.

I am so sorry about your friend, what a shocker! Maybe she is fearing for her own mortalty, it is a complete shock to everyone close, one of our closest friends has been diagnosed with lymphoma just before Christmas and has his 2nd chemo tomorrow - we were all on holiday together this summer, carefree, now two of us have cancer. I hope she can come to some understanding of how her reaction has made you feel, it is very scary when people we care about fall ill, I have been more worried about my friend than myself! I certainly wouldnt avoid him though, it doesnt change how I feel about our friendship at all and they have been brilliant friends to me too before and since his diagnosis.

You clearly have so many good and supportive friends so if this one can't cope when needed, maybe its time to review what you get out of the friendship, she has made it clear she gets a lot out of it when you are fit and well but my view is that a true friend is there for you whatever!

Take care
Jayne x
QueenDrama

Hi Cybele.Your story was horrid but not unusual I'm afraid. Some people just can't handle this. I have two sisters- one phones me every night, the other has spoken to me twice since being diagnosed - and that was to tell me to get a second opinion! You have to decide how much you value her friendship. That will guide you in whether you want to contact her when you are well. What would happen if she was diagnosed I wonder? Please don't waste time worrying about her. Your number one priority is you. Concentrate on what makes you happy and take strength from those who genuinely wish you well . x
Cybele

Thanks so much for the reassurance and support everyone. xxxx Wendy , am having 6 fEC, but if I feellike this after 2, am just dreading the rest.
Just got to get used to the fatigue/weakness aspect, I guess- I don't know why it took me so much by surprise, but I didn't get it for FEC 1, and it's just completely knocked me down.
Something else has knocked me down today, out of the blue: an email from a close friend of 5 years saying essentially that while she admires all the fine qualities I exhibit when healthy, and so enjoys being my friend and spending time with me, she just can't deal with the cancer, all the unpleasantness upsets her, so I mustn't mind if I don't really hear from her until I'm no longer a cancerous loser who brings her down emotionally(I'm paraphrasing, obvs, but this is the essence of her message), and she's really keen for me to get well so we can resume our friendship.
This is one of the rare occasions in my life when I am actually lost for words.
QueenDrama

Hi Cressida and fellow crackers!
I have bc in right breast and will be having 2nd lot of taxatere on friday. I think im doing everything backwards cos im having taxotere then fec then surgery! Im ok but tired tired tired and worried that t2 wil have a culmulative effect. Good tip re the corsodyl cos my mouth was the sorest part of me. Difflam is ace! A gong to the woman who invented it!!!! A second gong to the woman who invented picc lines. Had my bloods taken this morning-painless! x
lolly123

so sorry you are having such a bad time cybele, i am on FEC 1 day 9 and i am feeling ok, got over my sickness in the first week, just get really tired when i try and do something, like ironing or hoovering, feeling like one of the lucking ones reading on here, so you must be really getting all the side effects going, ten fold, Hope you get over it soon must be draging you down, but saying that at least you know all these drugs they pump into you must be working.

sending vurtual hugs and hope your side effect sod, off and soon.
love your blog
love lolly
x
Cressida

And if Chemo Muse is more demanding than Chemo Brian then get on with getting your blog into the BCC blog competition. You can win a copy of Gok Wan's book apparently!
Wendy56

Oh Cybele really feel for you not a nice feeling being so out of control but there is a means to an end and it is to kick ass of this bloody cancer. It is a aggressive disease and unfortunately aggressive treatment to match but you will through it just tick off the days. How many Fec are you going to have ?

Christmas crackers that are well at theminute send Cybele a little of our energy if will all spare a little for her she will soon feel better.

Hugs

Wendy x x
Cressida

Cybele - I don't know if your blood is weak on day 8 but everything else is likely to be. It does pass. Watch some rubbish on TV with Chemo Brian and wait for it to go. xxx
Cybele

when I say weak, right onw I can barely stand up. it is OVERWHELMING
Cybele

mandy - my picc line is GREAT. it makes everything easy. it's no trouble, not painful, hardly even know mine is there.
Cybele

hiya

very very weak now, since yesterday. huge effort to do anything, even type. am on day 8 now, is that why? is your blood weak then?
would appreciate reassurance - will this pass? is it normal?

Jayne - thank you x what happened to yuo sounds beyond brutal. strewth.

Cress - you always make me laugh xx
Cressida

Maire - as you had painful mouth before I'm afraid you will likely get it again but if you use corsodyl from the day of chemo it does really help. Don't wait for it to break out. You still have time to get some Difflam prescribed as well - many nights I was able to sleep just cos I swilled a bit of Difflam. I think my sore, slimy mouth was one of the worst bits - don't endure it - beat it off before it arrives. I don't let it set up shop anymore - prevention is better than cure. xxx
Mindy63

Mandy- Same day but diff chemo. I'm feeling great at the moment. Think on Tc you crash earlier but I certainly feel much better now than I did on day 13 of FEC. I'm almost euphoric with happiness!
Cressida-When I had my funny tongue I told my husband there was no way I was taking any more chemo if it didn't resolve. He was not a bit happy. So I understand how you feel. Having to subject ourselves to this torture is bloody hard.
Queendrama-maybe we all need a burly builder to sort us out!

Cressida

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, the definition of "middle aged" is always someone at least 10 years older than me (or you).
Cressida

Morning Crackers - just read back and sorry to hear lots of you having a hard time - Cybele, Shaz, Lisalouw and others. This whole thing really is rubbish. And there is no "model" so we all have different horrible stuff at different times. I just wanted to say F*ck off to cancer and chemo.

Shaz - and anyone else - good luck for chemo today.

Mandy & Maire - can't believe you are approaching no 3. I feel a bit left behind. I want to be half way through.

Mandy - Re: Scanxiety - I remember looking at my "good" breast on the MRI pics and being horrified by all the white blobby bits - the Onc just waved her hand and dismissed them all as "calcifications"

Queen drama - Hello? pop back in and tell us about yourself. You might have done so before but we all have Chemo Brian here.

Cybele - you have worse sickness than me but I find the thing is not to get upright before taking a pill. Keep them and water by the bed.

As for me I am trying to keep the panic demon under control as I have to go back for my repeat blood test today to see if am fit to be piosoned tomorrow. Feel like I have spent a few days in the land of the well and I really don't want to go back to chemo land. I feel like a child who might just throw a strop if they make me do this again. The only way I get through the day without sitting bawling is by pretending none of it is happening. Hard to do that when it actually is. Oh, well, I still have most of today to be "well". Fingers crossed for the nice nurse at the phlebotomy centre who can get blood from a stone. Anyone else noticed that it is the middle aged women who are bursting out of their uniforms who are the best at it? I always feel better when I see a plump woman who is at least 10 years older than me. I hope it is not just me, or you all now thinking I am very strange.

Keep on keeping on, xxx
mandyp

Morning everyone!
Am on day 13!!!! And am absolutely shattered. Have no energy whatsoever - Marie - you're same place as me, how are you feeling?
Xxxx
Getting bloods done today and am gonna ask for picc line as when they did ct scan yesterday it took 2 veins to get liquid in! My arm is bruised and quite painful and do not want to get all prepped for fec3 and then get turned away. Dint need the stress!
Xxxxxx
Jayne_m

Hi Cybele

Completely with you on your blog, I had recall from mamogramme so went alone believing that I would be among the 19 out of 20 who are ok. No such luck, I knew I wason to a loser when 5 people came in to the ultrasound including a junior (I imagined them calling him and saying 'hurry on down, we have one for you'!). He fumbled around for a bit then the other doctor, female and at a guess mid-thrities (I'm 52) carried out the ultrasound and took lots of measurements - I said at that point 'you seem to have found something, what is is?' Her exact words 'it is cancer, it is in your lymph nodes, you will need an operation and you will need chemo - well you did ask'!

I was stunned and asked if there was any chance it was benign - she said 'if it comes back negative I will send you for a retest'.

Never been so scared in my life - on my own and she was brutal to a point. she was wrong about the lymph nodes, the fine needle biopsy of the lymph node was clear and so was the ultimate SNB. I chose chemo for other reasons.

She didn't have the excuse of being trained many years ogo when the approach was different. I did tell the BCN and she was horrifed and said there is no way of knowing whether it was in the nodes from a scan. I hope she was tackled about it but I will never know.

Loving the blog and have told lots of others about it

Jayne x
QueenDrama

Evening ladies. I thought I would share a funny moment with you . The district nurse came to flush my picc line. The bung was not moving. She tried all sorts of strategies but it was stubbornly refusing to move. She considered 'phoning the doctors surgery or the hospital for advice. In the end I asked my neighbour - who is a big brawny builder to help. Two pairs of pliers and a strong mans hands and it shifted! Rekief all round!
Cybele

'Please allow me to introduce myself...'
Today's post on chemonights.blogspot.co.uk
Mindy63

I've heard of it Lolly but feel a bit squeamish about having something 'in' me. I think after 2 more chemos and loads of herceptin I might end up with one but am hoping to 'wait and see' with the old veins.

lolly123

Hi Marie and Mandyp,
i am haveing FEC not sure if it has the same effects as what you are having but have you heard of a picc Line, they wouldnt have to go into the vain in the arm to adminster the Drugs it goes in the Picc Line much easyer, and dosent hurt each time you have to have Chemo, they just plug you in and away you go, maybe you should ask you Onc about it, it is quite a quick procedure and last for the whole of your treatment.

lolly
Wendy56

Lisalouw
we sound very similar except I am chemo first then surgery. Mine is 4.8mm inv ductal grade 3 TN no node involvement on the underside of breast. 4 TC as no nodes involved providing scan after TC 2 shows shrinkage. Have requested MX and need to discuss bilateral as had BC other side 14 years ago. Assume your nodes were involved to have 6 TC

My day 5 was the worst wondered what was going on as had been ok upto then felt like I had flu but was lots better next day And so far so good . Do you know if it gets worse with each cycle ?

Wendy
mandyp

Marie - (chemo buddy!!!)
My arm also sore - think it is the demise of the chemo vein! so pretty normal......
xx
Mindy63

Oh, wee question. My arms beginning to feel a little uncomfortable-it's obviously my veins. Any idea what they do about this? I've about 8 days before next treatment. (Treatment? Did I really say that????)

Mindy63

Shaz-I felt rotten on day 21 of Fec. Turns out my white blood count was down and chemo was delayed. Now I'm not sure if the 2 things were related because apparently you don't feel it when your count is low. Anyway, suffice to say I started feeling better quickly afterwards. Remember the 'drink lots of water' advice and try to get a good sleep tonight. Good luck for tomorrow.
Lisalou I'm on day 13 post TC and I'm feeling great. I was so ill at the beginning- started to pick up on day 6, had a few low points after that and then really perked up on day 10. So hold on to that thought.

mandyp

Sharon -I had pretty much the same - felt awful at day 19 and 20 just as i was expecting to be brilliant - dont know what it was all about, but i dont think i made it up?!? which is what everyone around me suggested......
......Had CT can today and stupidly looked at xrays on screen on my way out and saw lots of blobs, so am now panicking!
feel sick
x
Lisalouw

Good afternoon ladies, I've just had a grim day 5 , what is it with day 5!!! Had day of stomach cramps followed by most of the day sat on the toilet ( sorry) but I guess our bowel habbits are not the worse of our problems , I was in so much pain my temp rose which put me in a state of panic , it's now day 6 of TC and the stomach is behaving itself and the chemo brain has lifted very slightly , I still can't concentrate , spell, string words together, and the fatigue! My oh my, walking upstairs makes me feel like I have run a marathon , sweating with palpitation , it's hard to get in your head this is to make us better
cybelle , well done on the walk , I'm so hoping I feel like getting out soon as I'm sick of being indoors
wendy , I'm having 6 TC , I've had surgery WLE and bilateral breast reduction, I've one undefined margin so I have to have a scrape after chemo, I so hate that word scrape , how many did you say you have to have and did you say it was before surgery, my little swine was 4.5 cm , but underneath area of breast
cathie hope you and your daughter feeling better and your hubby gets a day off for your chemo, I went on my own and it was fine the staff were lovely and looked after me , fed and watered me xxx
suoachick that's great news !!!!!
I just want to thank everyone for there tips and sharing , it has really helped me get through some crappy moments , love to everyone xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies i do hope your all coping ok-ish

Day 21 for me today just been to have my bloods done for tomorrow fec 2. Not really looking forward to it at all the thought of having another sicky week... but its got to be done.
My hair is starting to come out now as from yesterday really, but i have decided not to do the cold cap this time. Just the thought of it puts me off.

I feel very tired today, don't really know why i thought this was supposed to be your good week!!

Good luck to everyone else with apointments or chemo this week. Xx

Sharon Xx
Cressida

Supachick - boring advice that I hope you never need but I was made redundant a few weeks before my lump (I am not very lucky) and MacMillan filled in a variety of forms for me quite painlessly and I got employment and support allowance (ESA) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA). Both based on my NI contributions from my many years of working and not financially assessed. If you apply for financially assessed benefits you can get more. I also had a critical illness policy with my mortgage that paid out very painlessly too. Working and chemo is a very individual - I could not have done it but I know many people swear their sanity depends on it. It's up to you and your side effects, but just be aware that you can get financial help if you need it. I have never claimed anything before but I definitely deserve it. Good luck, xxx
Mindy63

Fantastic news Supachick! It's great to have some tangible proof that the horrible drugs are good for something!

supachick

Thanks Cress
xx
supachick

Hi Mandy
im on the FEC T regeime but having three T first as I'm on the ARTemis trial so on three T with avastin then three FEC with avastin on the first FEC if that all makes sense??
My onc has booked me for an ultrasound in between cycles three and four to check how things are going!
I feel torn with work I love my job and have a really understanding boss and only get paid 6 months sick leave so I kinda feel like I have to make an effort on my good days to extend my leave to cover me later on (surgery then rads).not sure what anyone else has found re work?? People keep telling me not to worry but I have a mortgage and bills to pay and am concerned what happens after my 6 months of paid sickness!!
Xxx
Cressida

Supachick - Yay to shrinking!
Wendy56

Stupa chick well done for trying work but don't push yourself unless you really have to. Is it just T your having. I am having 4 TC to shrink mine and think they scan after 2 to see on progress But wow what a result for you if the dreaded Tax is working like that for you. Long may it continue and blast the bugger into touch.

wishing you well

Wendy x x
Cybele

'It's Dogged as Does It':

Today's post on http://chemonights.blogspot.co.uk/
supachick

Hi Mandy
Thanks I was so happy and when I told my husband I barely got a grunt! Can't complain really as he has been amazing so far! Just wanted to share with others who can appreciate finding the good news where we can!!
thats one of this things I'm worried about LOL!! the only reason I'm trying it is sometimes I want to go to tesco (or any other leading supermarket!) without everyone looking at me and knowing what I'm going through! I think I will also go dowin the scarf root ( have already bought quite a few-oops) just thought I should give it a go!
Xx
mandyp

Supachick - that is just great news (an irony really!). You must be releaved......
When I tried a wig on I looked like a transvestite (not that there is anything wrong with that, just not my normal look!), so I think I will stick with scarves.
mxx
supachick

Hi Crackers
so had some good news today saw my onc before my second cycle of T on Wednesday- he is very happy and says that he thinks the tumour has softened and shrunk (I had hoped this but wasn't sure if I was imagining this) ct and bone scan was also clear so really it was the best I could hope for!! Hair is very thin now with just about enough of a covering for me to go out without a hat/scarf but I don't think it will stay long!! (I didn't use the cold cap). Have my final appointment with the wig lady tomorrow she is bringing one over in my colour- still not convinced to go with it or not, also seems a lot of money in something I'm not sure of! I managed to go into work for three days last week but only completed very light duties and had to leave early as so blooming tired!
Loving the idea of a summer party.
Big hugs to all crackers
xxx
lolly123

afternoon eveyone,
Had a nice morining today, had Picc Line flushe and re dressed, but just started to bleed, but will keep eye on it (again) and have ordered my wig, very much the same as when i cut hair into a bob, will be ready in a couple of weeks, just in time me thinks.
I went to work for a visit, was lovey to see all my work freinds, but only managed about an hour before i started to feel tired, so now back home watching tv again.
i hope all you lovely ladies are managing and not too much out of sorts.

lolly
x
Cressida

Oh great, Kevin just phoned - the order is late (again) and he will fit it next Tuesday - on day 6. Am I being punished for being bad in another life?
Cressida

Morning Ladies,

Cybele - there is a thread about blogs - I have bumped it up by adding yours, but it is in "your views" under "helpful and interesting". There is some sort of competition you can enter. Go girl. Hair sounds like a huge success. Yay to PARTY.

Lisalouw and Wendy with furry/slimy mouths and Maire with sore mouth - yuk. I had this throughout FEC-T and have it again now. I find that I needed to be careful about keeping my teeth clean - gently tho. I use Corsodyl (or Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2% as it is called when prescribed) twice a day. Use it straight away - don't wait for symptoms. The worst thing that will happen is staining your teeth - you can get this sorted later. Ideally you need to seperate using it from tooth brushing and eating/drinking. If the mouth gets sore or ulcers appear you can get Difflam oral rinse which anaesthetises your mouth. This is fab stuff. Thrush is more like white platelets in your mouth - I admit to scraping them off but don't know whether you should - the weirdly delicious Nystan is what you need then. Some docs prescribe tablets but I have not needed them yet. I am fed up of tablets.

Really hope your chest pains have gone away Maire. Anxiety? Indigestion? Lots of things it could be before heart attack. You are absolutly right to get it checked though, and never feel stupid for looking after your health. Hope you feel better, x

Hope everybody is managing to keep on keeping on. If anyone remembers Kevin the door man, he is actually coming to do the door tomorrow. Well, he says he is, and he's said that before. It would have been day 6 if I had had chemo, so that would have been fun, but now I am well enough to make him tea. Just have to get up early enough to not frighten him by being mad one breasted woman.

xxxx
Mindy63

Hi Crackers,
Thank God the Christmas holidays are over (at least up here in Scotland). Kids back at school and normality (sort of) returns. I've walked youngest to school and picked up tonight's dinner so that's today's exercise ticked. It was a major stuggle to get out of bed this morning. Eventually got up at the back of 8. Bed was so cosy I could've slept another couple of hours. This is a nice feeling after having the tossing and turning heebie jeebies experienced in the days following tc.
Cybele hope you're keeping your demons at bay. Just a few more days and you'll have turned the corner.
MandyP we're chemo twins-mine's is on 17th too. No 3 is quite a milestone I think and we'll be old timers by then.
Wendy-hope your mouth is feeling better. I rinsed with salt water as a precaution against infection.
Felt a tiny ulcer in mouth this morning so applied Iglu gel-wow! It seems to create a gel dome (an igloo I suppose) over ulcer. I just used it as a precaution against infection. It does seem to be very effective at creating little igloo villages in the mouth!
Good luck to Chemo crackers this week.

Cybele

'Colonel Mustard, via the IV catheter, in the Chemo Ward':

today's post on http://chemonights.blogspot.co.uk/
mandyp

Evening all.
I'm on countdown now to my FEC 3 which is due on the 17th. 2 was worse than 1. I developed a total spasm type thing on my back and also got very very very very emotional which seems to be a common theme - hopefully i will be able to rationalise this next time......it would have been nice to have been warned that as well as constipation and piles (sorry!) that i might cry constantly for 8 days!
Also i didnt get the awful hangover head second time...... just nausea and exhaustion and bad back!
off for scan Tuesday, bloods wednesday, results and 200ml into my expander bag (nice!) Thursday and then I'm seeing a herbalist at the Haven (Leeds) on Wednesday. If I get any gems I'll let you know.....
Cybele - well done on the hair front - i have lost around 70% of my hair despite trying the cold cap - nevermind - that's the luck of the draw!!! or is it the snood!!!
Lisalou - you're nearly out of the 'grim' patch - keep strong!
Lots of love all

Mxxx
Mindy63

Lisalou and Wendy. I'm on day 11 post Tc. It has been an uphill struggle. I have been pretty weepy and have felt ill (not sick, just totally knackered). I started to feel better day 6 but got a horrible mouth. No signs of thrush but my mouth just felt evil as though the skin had been scalded. Eating was not pleasant. This made me miserable. But it lifted overnight on day 10. Think this was maybe my blood count creeping up. Apparently your mouth feels bad because it's an area where the cells regenerate rapidly and I guess they're not regenerating days 5-10. I promise it lifts! I have cried more with this bloody Tc than with anything, even my initial diagnosis. At least I'll know what to expect next time-except I'm getting Herceptin along with T and C-Oh No!
The paranoia sent me to GP out of hours today as I've been having chest pains. The doc there was pretty unconcerned so I felt stupid. But the wee red book says chest pains are a medical emergency. Just hope I haven't picked anything up in the waiting room!
Cybele-Good on you sticking with the cold cap. I really wish I'd done it esp as I ended up only having one fec.
Cressida-Thanks for the advice on infections etc. I've had a bit of a cold and have been ok. It's good to get a bit of perspective.

Cybele

THanks, Wendy, Lisalouw xxx

Today has been supremely vile - is it always day 5 that is the worst? I have the impression that there are a lot of bad day 5s going on, whichever chemo regimen people are on.

However, after a lot of wild weeping earlier, managed to pull myself together enough to go out and walk for a couple of miles, which has made me feel so much better - fresh air and exercise really do help. Nausea a bit better now, but I feel so toxic inside - and all day my arms and legs have felt as if they being inflated, as if someone was blowing me up into a Michelin man, which was very bizarre. I have spent all day checking my extremities to make sure they are not swelling up, and each time they look perfectly normal. But I feel inside I feel as if they have swollen up to elephantine proportions.

Ok, now for the good news, Cold-Cappers!

Earlier I finally took off the s***ing snood and washed my hair for the first time since FEC 2. I left it so long because I was afraid it would start falling out if I did anything to it, therfore if I just left it in the snood, nothing bad could happen.

Anyway, I washed my hair, combed it very gingerly, and - well, nothing. It's lovely and shiny after having had the conditioner on it since Wednesday, and a little hair came out on the comb, but as it's effectively been wrapped up for 4 days, that is no more more than you would expect.

So, I am on day 26 of chemo, day 5 of FEC 2, and as yet no apparent hair-loss! Which means that the Cold Cap must at least be delaying the hair loss, because I think Maire's and someone else's started going before FEC 2.
Or maybe my hair just likes poison...

Anyway, we'll see how it gosS - probably unwise even to mention it , as that will probably mean my hair will start falling out tonight, but I think it's worth noting. Important to remember to accentuate what little positive there is in this nightmare.

I can't believe it's already day 26 of chemo. What's really freaking me out though, having felt so truly bad for the last few days, is thinking about how everyone says FEC3 is the worst.

So I AM NOW GOING TO STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT AND WRITE MY BLOG POST.
Wendy56

Lisalouw
I am day 7 TC felt better day 6 day 5 was my really bad day. I have got furry mouth but been given meds to take today for thrush and also antibiotics both as a precaution. It's really strange what his poison does too you not sure if every chemo the going to be roughly the same or if it will get worse. How many have you to have have?

Cybele really feel for you I was like that with my last chemo which was AC but it did get better each session think our bodies sometimes accept it after the initial shock.

Cathie my daughters were 16 & 18 when I had BC first time. They both dealt with it very differently. 18 years old took me to all my chemo and sat munching crisps and chiocolate all the time and the 16 year old either went to her bedroom or went to friends they both dealt with it so differently but we all came through it coping in our own way. Try to stop worrying about everybody else they will be ok

love to everyone

Wendy
Lisalouw

Well it's day 4 after TC and my sinuses are burning, my mouth feels very strange and still have a twitchy left eye, but the worse thing is this fog which is in my head making me not able to function and the fatigue, does anyone know when this lifts as no way can I look after my son like this , also i have a furry mouth , is that the dreaded thrush rising it's ugly head
cybele, hope you don't catch the lerg, it's such a worry isn't it , it's going to make you over paranoid now , I'm sure you will be fine and like you say you wasn't in contact on your low immunity days xxx
cathie, glad you had a better day and your daughter had chance to have a good talk , I think it's going to be a big roller coaster ride as I've had a urge to lay in bed all day with my head in my pillow xxx
Cybele

Thanks, Cress, that exactly was what I needed to know xxx

Yes, I had the flu jab, before starting chemo, so I should be fine. Probably won't catch the bug, anyway. Just it's been a very bad morning, and my brain is mush, and I was feeling panicky.

Just keep taking your temperature, and if it goes too high then the hospital will sort it out. Even if I do get it, it won't necessarily be a crisis.

This is new Chemo Demon - the Panic Demon - sends all rational thought processes out of your head.
CALM DOWN, Caroline. Take deep breaths. Nothing bad is going to happen in the immediate future.
We are going to have such a good party in the summer, aren't we, when we're all done with chemo and can have a drink, and look back and laugh about how freaked out we all got about EVERYTHING?
Holding on to that thought.