cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Starting chemo 😳😳

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Starting chemo 😳😳

Hi mini mad

All those pre-meds are essential. There’s a steroid, anti-nausea drug and anti-histamine (I think I was told) - these prevent a bad reaction to Paclitaxel and the immediate risk of nausea/vomiting. I also had an anti-emetic in a capsule. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the steroid can conceal some of the unpleasant side effects of Paclitaxel but, if you do get them, they may come once you’ve stopped the treatment. I developed neuropathy 3 weeks after finishing chemo. The tummy injections depend on your blood results - I think to lower the risk of thrombosis - but I only had them after surgery.

From my experience, chemo with a single drug took longer than the EC treatments because first there’s the blood test, then a long wait for the results before the pharmacy can prepare your specific drugs. Then the half-hour prep, then the hour infusion, then flushing - I’d put aside 3 hours minimum (one day I was there 6 hours because they couldn’t find my papers! I left for hospital at 12.45 and got home at 8pm).You’re at the mercy of the system now. They won’t do the obvious and start the prep without the results to speed things up because there’s always the chance you can’t have treatment if your blood results indicate this. It happened once for me. Good luck - hope session 2 is better and I do hope you don't get side effects. Jan x

Thank you so much Mel and good luck to you πŸ’–

Well i've not been home long..... tiring day....couldnt believe all the pre meds before the actual drugs where given..  2 failed attempts at cannula in back of hand....i wasnt far off leaving.....sooo stressed by now.   Finally a lovely chemo sister,  first time,  put cannula above my wrist in front of arm....

then it all began,  sittng watching the drips of poison go into my body  πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ώ and then the second lot πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ώ  gave me meds to take home then starts talking about ' injections ' ?? 😳😳  what ???

nobody mentioned in all this that i would need tummy injections  πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²

So heres to my next session next friday but just a single drug then so should be quicker.

what and see if any ' nasty ' side effects pop out...

good luck to all us newbies starting chemo soon...BIG HUGS  πŸ’–πŸ’–

Good Luck tomorrow. I start mine on 18th. Not sure on which drugs yet. Hope it goes well. Sx

Hi

Im not currently having chemo (may in the future) but just wanted to wish you well with your treatment.

hugs Mel x

Starting chemo 😳😳

Hi all you lovely ladies out there πŸ’–

well tomorrow morning Friday 7th at 10.30 i am starting my chemotherapy treatment..

i am having Carboplatin and Paclitaxel.... had TNBC......

Anybody starting their treatment who would like to ' compare notes '  with me ??

good luck and BIG hugs to all πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–