1st chemo tomorrow!

1,013 REPLIES 1,013
Val54

Re: 1st chemo tomorrow!

Daughter2002

Loocie

Lol, I too have just popped in and am chuffed to see some of you have too.

You have all been on my mind so much over the holiday period. We're certainly all in very different places to where we were last year!

I can't say it hasn't been without struggle; October was a very testing month...to the point that I dropped down to working four days a week. I perked up again in November and feel back to normal again now. I hope that you are all keeping your demons at bay and are truly moving away from all of this BC silliness.

Like you say, I think it will always be lurking round the corner waiting to pop into our heads, but God willing we'll all be safe. Hazel was the first person that popped into my head last night at midnight. It's so hard thinking she's no longer with us - still doesn't seem real! She was amazingly supportive and funny wasn't she?

Lovely to have read your posts and happy that things are good for everyone. Gonna try and pop in more frequently.

Love and best wishes to you all - and here's to an amazing New Year for all xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,

Congratulations Helen, glad you had alovely wedding and holiday. Bet your really glad to be back to the snowy weather!!
Kath great news about your husband, I remember you were very worried before.
Trumpet, you sound truly back to normal!!
I missed my six month check this week due to the snow and am back to see the plastic surgeon in January for a follow up appt re prophylatic mx and recon. They are happy to do it and take fat from my tummy which I have grown especially but some of my fat is below muscle and some is above???? Think this may be due to previous caesarian but not sure. So I haven't got as much useable fat as I thought!! Can't be done for a year after rads finished and will be about a 12 hour op. Still not completely sure I want to do it.

Anyway, I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Like you said Trumpet I think of Hazel often and I hope her lovely family will be able to enjoy some of the next few days. I'm sure it will be very difficult for them.

Love to you all,

Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone on here! It's going to be a bit different to last year and i bet we are so pleased that we can see this Christmas. All my love goes to Hazel and her Family i know that everyone on this thread thinks about her very often.xxxx

Just want to let people going through the chemo now, that they will feel better and get back to normal, each day that passes means you are closer to feeling better! Look after yourselves!

I have got back to full work this year, touring, recording, travelling e.t.c and although hard at first, it can be done!!

Lots of love xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

This is to wish you all a Happy Christmas and all the very best for a healthy and Happy New Year and that we can all put these last horrid months behind us.

Congratulations to you Helen, all the best for the future. XX

I had my appointment with my chemo doc Monday and will now see him and breast doc in 6 months. Everything seems OK.

My OH had a successful heart shock which put it back into correct rhythm, on warfin for now, but thank God OK.

Thinking of you all, take care. Thanks for all your help.

Love Kath XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Congratulations Helen. Missed coming Thursday!

Happy Christmas and healthy new year to you and everyone else.

x x

Lulu34

congratulations Helen

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello All

not sure anyone is still reading this thread, I hope that we have all moved on and upwards since we started this in Sept 09.

Life is pretty good for me, got married last month and spent a month in the Caribbean which was fab, even if I now have to pay the credit card bills!

Hope you are all well and life is good for you, or if not good, then at least with good prospects for the new year.

Happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year to you all

love

Helen.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi.
Just to say that I was in the same boat as you and yesterday had my first round of 6 FECT. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, have felt a little nauseas, but i think that it was psychological, especially as i hate taking medication and the amount they have given me is having to be forced down !!
Let me know how you get on throughout the process as we are at a the same stage.

Good luck, take care
love
Michelle

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Thought I would pop in too and check up on you all. Really sorry Jane to hear about the chemo fatigue, really hope that passes soon and you feel like your old self again. I know what you mean about fearing the worst when you get an ache or pain. I put my back out a few weeks ago, I had forgotton that I had carried some heavy pots (which must of been the cause) but immediately thought it had spread to my bones! I think you are right we will always do that, well certainly initially.
Kath - sorry to hear about your husband, hope the treatment works well for him.
Helen - congrats with your second Triathalon, fantastic achievement.
It's great to see that we have all had holidays or are about to go on holiday - we have so deserved them and more.
Hayz - still think about you often.
Lynn xx

Lulu34

nice to hear from you girls....

im with you on the chemo weight thing... i managed to lose 9 lbs after getting to my highest weight since i was pregnant 16 yrs ago.

and then lost another 2 lbs when i was in hosp having my hysterectomy... thought my bits would have weighed more than 2 lbs though lol

i had originally thought i could grow it into my new boobies too but told there just not enough so had to go for the weightloss option... and prob gonna have implants when i get my Mx next yr.

got my holidays in two weeks so hope i dont pile all the weight back on again.... heading off to marmaris... iv never been to turkey before so looking forward to going some where new but will still just be 5 weeks post op so going to have to take it really easy.

take care... think of you all often.

Lulu xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, just thought I would check in too. I am now almost 13 months post diagnosis, where has the time gone?
I have my check with the oncologist on the 7th of October and an appt with the plastic surgeon ( and hopefully an op date) on the 20th.
It still seems a little bit surreal to think this time last year I was recovering from my MX and worrying about the chemo.
I am back at work full time now and trying hard to lose some of my chemo weight, well actually that's not quite true as I have just had half a box of choccies!
I am feeling well but tired and looking forward to the future. Anyone who has just started on this road please take some positivity from the ladies who have, been there, done that, and realise that life can get back to normal (whatever normal is) for many of us.
Take care, love and hugs. Debbie. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
Have been meaning to check in for a while but went on a fabulous holiday to Lanzarote. Just got back last night!!!!
Have not had a good few months. Went downhill rapidly and my BCN thinks it may be chemo fatigue. Also had labyrinthitis which was not pleasant and of course the first thing I thought of was that it gone to my brain!! Guess we will always do that.
The holiday was just what I needed but I was warned about the sun and my goodness they were right. I spent the 2 weeks lying on a sunbed under the umbellas and still came back with a good tan after burning very easily. Didn't even want a tan!! Anyway it was good to do absolutely nothing and I have got to be careful now not to do too much too quickly.
Helen, don't know how you are doing it but good on you, makes me feel exhausted just reading your post!! I think you are wonderful and how nice to do in Hayz memory. We will never forget her and I still find it difficult to think she is no longer with us.
Kath, sorry to hear about your husband, hope he is getting sorted. As you say, it never seems to stop, just when you think you are getting somewhere........ something comes along to stop you.
I am seeing the PS in two weeks to talk about recon and prophylactic mx. I have been growing my tummy (thats my excuse) nicely so there is more than enough for a nice pair of boobies!! I'm sure the tamoxifen has made me put on weight and with you Helen, the hot flushes are pretty bad at times. My friend laughs and says she can always tell because she sees me turning redder and watches my face changing colour.
Incidentally at 52, I was invited to have my first mamo the other day.... a bit b****y late!! You have to laugh although I was a bit annoyed at the time.
Well I hope everyone is feeling a bit better than I have, it can only get better!!
Love to you all,
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, how are you all keeping?

Helen you brave lass I can just get around the shops, I hope you managed OK at the weekend I thought of you.
How lovely you've got so much to look forword to after all this s--t we've gone through.

My year check up is Oct 18th, had a mammagram but not expecting much, just keep checking myself.
My O/H has a heart flutter and is on warefin until they can shock it back, are the bad things never going to end, that sounds pathetic we'll survive at least we're here to moan.
Hope everyone is taking care and life is improving for all.
Love Kath XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

seems this thread is not being used much anymore - shows we've all moved on in some way or another I suppose. To think, this time last year I was in week one of cycle one of 6 FEC. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? (yeah right!).

I've got my second triathlon next weekend, double the distance of the last one and I still can't run 2.5km, bit pathetic really, but I am definitely fitter than I was, if not any slimmer.

Then off to the Red Sea for a liveaboard week on a dive boat, diving the red sea wrecks and reefs, should be great. Then my postponed wedding in November, four whole weeks in the Caribbean, including wedding on Antigua, honeymoon sailing on a yacht through the Grenadines then home via Barbados. If there's one thing this sorry disease has taught me is to not put things off and to enjoy myself, even if it does take all the savings.

Hope you're all doing fine. I am ok, apart from the horrendous hot flushes which have all returned, not sure if they are due to tamoxifen or the menopause. Lost 11 lb in weight but am getting fatter which is very depressing, despite all the exercise I am doing. Had my one year check up which seemed to be a bit of a non-event really. Just have to keep checking for those lumps and hope I spot any which return as I don't think I can rely on anything else to do it for me.

Sunday's triathlon is being run in memory of Hayz and I will donate all the money I have raised (£370 so far) to BCC in her memory.

take care all

Helen.xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lulu...that's fantastic!! Thanks for organising the flowers and donation. As you say she was a very special person and so are all of you on here.
Lynn xx

Lulu34

hi kath, Lynn, Helen, Jane, Georgina and all

it has been such a hard time for us all and i know how much you all meant to hazel.

with all the kind donations from her BC buddies after paying for her floral tribute i was able to make a fantastic donation to breast cancer care of £345..... what a well thought of girl who touched everybody she met.

love and hugs to all
Lulu xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just got back from my work abroad, and been on this site for the first time in a long time.

Absolutely devastated about Hayz, it's not right, fair, or acceptable. She fought so hard with humour, and courage and no moans! She made me, and i expect everyone on here feel daft about our own little moans. I used to feel bad putting normal things on facebook cos knew she was still facing horrific treatment. But, she was so kind spirited she said it cheered her up to see what people were doing after treatment.

When i started this thread in Sept, all our lives were totally different to how they had been and how they are now. I really expected that everyone on here would continue the journey together.That hasn't happened. Although we have got to meet very special people and hopefully helped each other along the way.

Will dedicate a song to Hayz tomorrow. Lots of love to her fabulous family and everyone on here xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,
Yes, a very sad day today. I too managed a bit of a quiet time around 1.30pm. Still can't quite believe she's not going to come on here and let us know how she is doing. She had so many friends here, offered so much support and yet was so poorly herself.
Sending you all my love and hugs tonight, remember to look for the bright new star shining in the sky.
Jane xx

Loocie

I managed to time a drive from one site to another at about half one today. It was lovely having some peace and quiet at such a meaningful time of the day. And even though I was driving it was a very reflective period.

Hope you are all OK - especially today?

Lots of love to each of you
Loocie
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

You are in my thoughts every day Hazel. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends today. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
thanks Lulu I've found my way around so hopefully you got my message.
Thinking of you all love Kath XXX

Lulu34

Kath i didnt send a reply, just figured if you cant read PMs then it seemed a bit pointless....

so thought id try to give you directions.....

if you click on community it takes you to a page with a wee menu box....

one of the items will be inbox and there may be a number beside it telling you how many messages you have.

click on inbox and it takes you to another menu list.

the message i sent should be there... think its called 'for hazel' and underneath it will say by lulu34 if you click on the bit that says for hazel it should take you directly to the message.

hope that works

Hazels funeral is at the the Kirk of Calder at 1.30 and the burial is at 2.30... its going to be quite a traumatic day but i know that so many of you will be with us in spirit.

take care lovely ladies xxxx

Lulu34

hi kath

i have sent you a message... it will be on the lilac banner under the word community up there ^^^^

Lxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls,
Just to let you know Hazel's funeral is at 1.30pm on Friday for those who want a moment with her and cannot attend the funeral.
Kath, I had not pm before and I must have done it right!! Click on 'Lulu 34' where she has posted a message and it is underlined to get into her profile and then look for 'send a message' and click on that. It worked for me.
Lulu has ordered a pink ribbon wreath with some sparkly butterflies which sounds lovely.
Love to you all,
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone, I too would like to contribute, what's pm I'm not very computor literate sorry.
love to all Kath XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

I too have sent a pm to Lulu, at least I think I have, not done it before so hope it worked ok. I would very much like to contribute.
I would also like to be there in spirit for Hazel's funeral so yes, Lulu could you let us know what time it is please.
I still feel totally numb, can't believe such a young, lovely lady could be taken so quickly. And it was so quickly. Too quickly. They say the good die young, they were so right in this case.
Love and hugs to you all at this sad time,
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

ps What time is the funeral on Friday? I would like to be there in spirit so I will stop what I am doing and say a prayer.
Lynn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lulu,
What a lovely thing to do, I would love to contribute and will pm you. I haven't been able to concentrate at all since this afternoon, feeling so upset. I couldn't remember how to make gravy this evening as I was so miserable - seemed so trivial.
As you say Lulu it was so unexpected and quick...seems surreal to think you were out to lunch with her just 10 days ago. I realised she was poorly but thought she would beat it.
It's great you are organising this...what an amazing thing to do.
With love to you and all her BC buddies
Lynn xx

Lulu34

hi girls

i know this was one of hazels threads so just wanted to say im hoping to organise some flowers for her funeral on friday.

if anybody is wanting to contribute can you pm me.

dot has suggested getting the flowers in the shape of a pink ribbon which im hoping the florist will be able to do for us from all her BC buddies.

i have cried more than i have ever cried... its just so utterly tragic and so unexpected... we were only out for lunch 10 days before she passed away and she was poorly but not so poorly we though she would die.

anyway i know you girls supported her as much as she supported you with her fantastic sense of humour, strength of character and unfaltering friendship.

just altogether one of the most wonderful individuals iv ever had the pleasure to know.

love and hugs to you all xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

I just can't believe what I have read on facebook and here. I have been away for just over a week and have come back to this devastating news.
I have been a wreck all afternoon, crying continuously - I just can't believe Hazel has gone. She was fantastic on here (as were you all) with her wit, humour and support. Her posts were full of jokes and laughter even through the tough times.
As well as feeling so upset - I can't help it but feel cross and angry that she has been taken away all too quickly from her husband and children. It's such a pile of s**t, so unfair. Why???

I can't say anymore at the moment as I am too upset but my thoughts and prayers go out to her husband, children and her parents.

Love and hugs to you all
Lynn xxx

Loocie

Hi all

It's taken me three days to sum up the courage to even look at this site, let alone think about what I might say.

The pain of loosing this little love, is just unbearable. It happened so quickly too. I had a smashing email from her last week and although she was feeling crappy she was focussed on getting home and starting the next lot of chemo. She posted on FB on Sunday saying as much and then nothing...until we heard from Lulu.

I feel utterly wretched - I didn't cry this much when I found out I'd got cancer, or through the treatment.

Will be back again soon, but for now I want you to know that you're all as special to me as Hayz was - I'm hoping and praying that this insidious, malicious robber of lives now 'effs' off and leaves us all alone.

Fondest love and a warm hug to you all
Loo
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I'm so sorry Hayz has died, thinking of her family and friends and sending love to them all
Helen good luck with your results, I go for mine in October
Love to everyone, can''t say any more just now
Love Kath XXXXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, Jane, I'm absolutely gutted. For those of you not on facebook, Hayz died last night after losing her bravely fought battle against the cancer which had rapidly spread to her lymph nodes around her chest, and maybe into her lungs. She didn't even have secondaries diagnosed, but it still killed her.

I can't believe another one of this thread has gone, it is just so sad.

We will miss Hayz who was such an inspiration, always positive, funny, witty, upbeat and intelligent. I will miss her daily updates on her life.

She leaves behind two boys age 10 and 6 and a little girl age 3, plus husband and parents. They must be devastated.

What a waste of such a woman.

I'm off for my first follow up appointment with the breast surgeon in an hour's time, will get the results of my first mammogram. Not really in the right frame of mind for that, to be honest.

Take care everyone.

Sleep well, Hazel.

Helen.xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh my god ladies, just read Lulu's post regarding our very dear friend Hayz. How cruel this disease is, she was so young with such a young family.
I know we hadn't heard from her for a while but I did not think it was because she was so poorly.
It doesn't seem that long ago she was going a way for a weekend with Lyn B and was really excited about it.
My heart and thoughts are with her family at this terribly sad time and I am sending love to all you ladies as I know we are going to find this very difficult.
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Just a quick post as off to bed - but in answer to Jane's question about CT and bone scans, I think they are not routinely done. I did have node involvement but they still didn't think it necessary for me to have them. For me it was a personal thing ie I needed to have that reassurance to draw a line under this part in my life and move on. All the three teams were reluctant as apart from cost, there are the risks versus the benefits. I was in two minds because of the added risks of radiation (mind you having been fried for 4 1/2 weeks I shouldn't think it makes much difference). However the consultant for radiotherapy said that a CT scan was the equivalent of having 440 xrays...mmmm quite a lot!!! So basically they did let me have it and for me psychologically I have been able to 'move on'. Ooops sorry that was the long answer!!

Really pleased to see that you all are getting your lives back in order but just thinking of Hazel as she went through all this with us and is still going through more crap.
Love Lynn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies How you all doing?

Sorry to hear about Anna, thinking of her family and wishing them well.
Helen well done on your triathalon, I can just about get round the shops.
Jane still not decided yet about recon. I wasn't given a choice. I am seriously thinking of having my other boob removed and was told my surgeon would do it if I really wanted, I do in one way but I don't know.?
Loocie, Lynn, How you doing OK I hope.

Saw my breast doc Wed, as far as they are concerned everything is OK, I'll have a mammogram Sept then an appointment Oct to check it. My chemo man will see me in Dec. I too feel all over the place at the moment but am sure it'll pass as everything else has.
Jabs finish Monday great.
Take care all of you those not finished yet chin up it does end.

Love and hugs Kath XXXX

Loocie

Hiya 🙂 Like you, I asked what tests they did at the end of the treatment to get an unequivocal answer that the treatment had worked, and was told that they don't like to do scans just to check and see! The only reason I ended up having a bone and then CT scan was because of the discomfort I had in my ribs. If I hadn't have complained then I wouldn't of had the scans. They're convinced it's down to the rads now as I don't have much meat on my ribs, so it is possible the rays caught the periosteum?

I'm feeling more confused than ever about things now! One minute I'm cooking on gas and doing everything that I want and need to be doing, then next I'm running through tar! I just want things to go along at a nice pace, but can't get my life under control. Work has exploded and I am trying to reign that in, and once i have done so, I am sure things will be more comfortable there. But in my home life, I seem to go from seeing loads of people (or having lots of social activity in one week), to doing nothing! Help - I feel like my life is running away with me. I know it's about planning, but I think my planning skills got broken with the chemo. LOL 🙂 I think I need a bit more routine to my week, so will try and come up with something to keep me on the straight and narrow. My acupuncturist also recommended reiki or reflexology, so will see about getting some of that. I loved the reiki so will give that a whirl.

I saw the surgeon yesterday and she was very wise. She said that any of the three treatments in isolation would have had a devastating impact on the body and its systems. The fact that we have endured all three means that it will take a great deal of time for the body to recover. I knew that, but the way she said it really rang true in my head. I now see myself as being in recovery 🙂 My minging toenails are a stark reminder of that, if nothing else!!!

Sorry to beef on....just thought I'd get a load of gumph off my chest 🙂 Thanks for listening my angels 🙂

Lotaslove to you hunnies
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane

I've not had any scans either, and when I asked about having one my breast surgeon said I didn't need it, and if she thought I did then she would give me one. And this is despite my mammogram not showing my cancer. I read the NICE guidelines for early stage breast cancer yesterday and it says the same thing, MRI scan not recommended unless problems with diagnosis.

I'm still a bit dubious, and want to make sure I have an ultrasound as well as a mammogram.

Helen.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
I notice Loocie and Lynn have had scans, CT and bone, did you ask for them or was it routinly given? When I said to my onc about how do I know if it is all gone, he said that he only usually offers them to ladies with node involvement. I was lucky and did not have that but after having 11 cms of various tumours found I am concerned about whether it has gone anywhere else. I believe there was a little vascular invasion found too.
I have thought about paying for a scan for peace of mind but read that it could be anything from £600 to £2000!!
Still can't decide about reconstruction either?? Decisions, decisions......
Hope everyone is well,
Love to you all,
Jane xx

Loocie

Hi all, big hugs all round - it's so sad to hear of Anna isn't it? It is devestating to hear; I can't imagine how awful it must be for her family.

Well done indeed Helen, I'm so impressed that not only have you done it, but that you're carrying on too. That's fab! Just think, it wasn't so long ago that none of us had the get up and go to move off of the sofa, let alone think about walking (or swimming, cycling or running) anywhere. All power to your elbow! - and legs, lungs etc. I heard something interesting (not sure how true it is) and that is that breast cancer patients tend to carry weight...not sure why that should be (can't say it'e true for me either), but might explain why you're not loosing any?

Great news that scans and follow ups are coming back clear folks 🙂 Long may the good news continue.

It is all a bit freaky the 'anniversary' stuff isn't it? Today, last year I had my MRI scan which changed everything for me. All of a sudden a lumpectomy and rads weren't going to be enough for me! Was a truly shocking, confusing time...but then I met you 🙂 Hurrah for some things then.

Big hug everyone - keeping doing the do.
Love as ever 🙂
Loo
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Just catching up with all your posts.

Firstly just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about Anna - she was so helpful, happy and inspirational whilst we were all going through chemo. My love and thoughts go out to her family.

Helen - I think wherever you came in the triathalon doesn't really matter. What matters is that you DID IT - what a fantastic achievement, well done.
Well I did the Race for Life - actually x2 but wasn't quite so energetic or demanding as Helen's but it was just something that I had to do - it was just so poignant and symbolic of all the treatment we have had to endure and an opportunity to give something back to others.

Kath - you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel now, congrats! Your hair will be back soon - mine is coming back thicker and darker but with strange bits sticking out at the sides - one minute when I was bald my OH was saying I looked like that Catherine Tate gay bloke.... you know the one that says 'How very dare you' and now he calls me 'Crusty the clown' from the Simpsons...Charming isn't it???

Hayz - so sorry to hear you've been going through it a bit lately, you're having a really tough time of it...just keeping everything crossed that things will ease up for you soon.

Loocie - well done with your walk, loved the wig! You're still sounding really chirpy which is great.

Well hooray, my CT scan, bone scan and mammogram were all clear too - so time to celebrate.
Hope you are all enjoying this lovely hot weather.
Take care everyone
Love Lynn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
Such sad news Helen, can't believe that not so long ago she was tiling the kitchen on her good days on chemo. Can't believe she has gone so quickly. So so sad.
I think you did brilliantly Helen, I am tired just reading about what you did so well done.
Love to you all, can't really say any more tonight.
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Well I did the triathlon last Sat - the swim was fine although harder than I expected, the cycle was good and the run was abysmal - as expected! I had to run/walk and was overtaken by the entire world so after finishing the swim 20th in the class I finally came 53/56 - not very good. Although in all the age groups I came 335/465 so not so bad!

I'm glad I did it although a bit disappointed with the results and have already booked the next one in September - I'm a glutton for punishment. I went for a run this morning and I am getting better, even though it's a slow process.

Still not managing to lose any weight though, you would think all this exercise would make it drop off, but no.

First follow-up mammogram next week followed by first appointment with my breast surgeon since surgery - a year ago now. Not really nervous about it, but will be gutted if they find anything has recurred. Feeling really good and healthy at present (if fat) and don't want anything to get in the way of that.

My heart goes out to those of us who are still going through treatment and perservering with everything in the face of adversity. I heard this morning that Anna Allen (Anna35) who frequently posted on this thread and was going through FEC with us died this week - only three months after being diagnosed with brain mets. So sad. Another young woman gone. Lets hope there are no more.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Helen. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, we must all be at a waiting stage at the moment, I've got my breast appointment next Wednesday and 12 more jabs, glad when it's all over.
How are you doing Hayz?
Helen how did you get on on your triathon? was thinking of you.
best wishes to Jane, Lyn and everyone.
Love Kath XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello All

just back from deployment with the RNR to France and Spain and now getting nervous about my triathlon tomorrow! I am definitely not fit enough - the swim and cycle will be fine but the run will be a nightmare, because of my achilles tendonitis I can barely walk, let alone run, and my training has only got me as far as run 3mins walk 1 mins - not very good!

Anyway, It's a year since my diagnosis and I can't believe it's gone so quick and that I am doing a triathlon tomorrow - I'd never have considered doing that before diagnosis!

I'm part of the BCC team so will be wearing a pink vest. I have a justgiving website if anyone would like to sponsor me - I can appreciate most people here are probably not in a position to sponsor, but just give me a mental cheer tomorrow at about 11am..

should find the page (if bcc allows it of course) add www in front of that.

Hope you're all doing well, I've come back from my time away to find I missed my first mammogram as they only gave me 2 days notice! I intend not to think about it over the next two weeks!

all the best

Helen.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
Great news Kath, you are moving forward, well done. Three weeks will pass so quickly. It's great to feel you are moving forward even if it is sometimes slower than we would like!!!
Your hair will soon be growing again and when my husband looks at me and calls me baldy I just look at him and laugh. Mine is growing back his won't ha ha. Who's he calling baldy!!! Still haven't got the pink dye out yet but it won't be long!!
Lulu I can offer you some of my tummy, I've got enough to fill several D cups I'm sure. I knew there was a reason for eating all those cheese straws when having chemo!!!
Loocie as always you say such lovely things.
Hope everyone is well, not too sure about this heat, wouldn't mind a cool day!!
Love to you all,
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies, thanks for your encouragement much appreciated. Saw my Onc Monday and he's pleased with everything and will see me in 6 months and joy I only need to jab myself for 3 more weeks, as I haven't had blood clots before, 3 months is OK. great, another thing nearly over.
My surgeon has postponed my appointment until 14th July so a fortnight to wait, got a small cyst like lump on my scar which they will be keeping an eye on. Can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Lulu thanks for inf haven't seen my surgeon yet, no harm in asking, reconstruction was never mentioned, everything was so rushed this time.
Jane going wigless congrats, braver than me I look like my hubby practically bald on top, so will give it a miss just yet.
Loocie I'm so glad you've had positive results and that you can put all this behind you now, well done on passing your exam and the best of luck for the future,thanks for your little homily I am quite touched as are the others I'm sure.
Hayz how are you doing, hope things aren't too bad and you're taking care of yourself.
Helen, Lynn and all, I wish you all the best
Love Kath XXXX

Loocie

Hi all... how're you doing?

Kath - one thing I'd like to say, and this is aimed at everyone that posts here. You my have physical attributes that aren't quite what they were but your best bits are your heart, determination, strength and courage over adversity. And, I reckon that's a beauty that shines out of each and every one of you.

Thinking of you all as there are many of you that are still facing more decisions and surgery...feel very lucky and humble that for me the BC season 2009 / 2010 is over for me. My bone scan was clear, my CT scan was clear, my mammogram was clear and to top it all I passed the exam I took in April. Happy days. In my head I just need to find some way of dealing with my feelings as I feel quite oeverwhelmed by having had such a narrow escape.

Lotsaluck and love for now,
Loocie
xxx