cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 weeks of chemo

5 REPLIES 5
Em77

Re: 21 weeks of chemo

I am still working from home but have taken some time off. I need to try on concentrate on me and relax. Also now our 13 year old off school for summer we are designated taxi drivers 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

justine1970

Hi Emma

thank you so much for replying, in the car park waiting to go in and nervous but not sure why as already know the worst bit!

what an emotional rollercoaster..I haven’t thought about the cold cap yet, I have had 10 inches off my hair this weekend and eye brows micropowder on though!

Will let you know what they say and I will definitely stay in touch, are you still working? 

Justine 

x

Em77

I am having EC once every 2 weeks for 2 months then move onto weekly with Paclitaxel and carboplatin (they mix it up and I have both together once every 3 weeks) for 3 months. Every oncologist has a different plan so yours may be different. Cycle 1 I was sick the first night, it might have just been the shock of it all plus I hadn’t eaten much. Cycle 2 I was plied with food, no sickness just tired.I used the cold cap both cycles, have you thought about using it? Let me know what your oncologist says to you. You most likely will have to have an ecogram before treatment starts and I have a picc line in. Please keep in contact.  
Emma x 

justine1970

Hi Emma 

yes I think mine is the same as far as I know, triple negative but contained. They are telling me tomorrow about the cocktail!

are you on the same regime? How are you finding it?

X

Em77

Hi, I had my second cycle on Friday. What chemo concoction are you having? I was diagnosed with triple negative grade 3 but it’s contained the breast. When do you start treatment? 

Emma x 

justine1970

21 weeks of chemo

Hi

I have been told I am having 12 weeks of chemo plus one big dose every 3 weeks for 21 weeks!

That seems like a long haul!

Does anybody have any tips please or mindfulness ways to get through this?

very scared.