328009posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone advise on Chemo regime?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can anyone advise on Chemo regime?

I’m new as well and can confirm what Ally has said. It’s taking me some time to navigate around the site and two of my posts have been eaten by techno gremlins. Best wishes and good luck.

Highlighted
ktk

Hi Joannas. Your mum’s treatment sounds right. 3 rounds of ec, one every three weeks, followed by 3 rounds of t. Everyone’s treatment is tailored to them and determined by their oncologist and the procedures in their health authority. For info, I also have TNBC and had three rounds of fec followed by three of t, so very similar. Hope that helps. Kx

Hi JoannaS, 

I hope you are well today. I would say to join the chemo February starters. I’m sure most people will respond. I don’t think it’s easy to navigate around the forums, plus sometimes the robot deletes your message 🙈

I can’t see your previous post, but I am having 6 rounds of chemotherapy too over 6 months. I’m going to see if I can cut and paste the other feed to you too xx 

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/February-2019-chemo-starters 

Hi. Just wondered if it’s usual to not get replies? Posted a couple of threads in the last month and kind of (wrongly or rightly) expected the forum to be busier with at least a few contributions?

Can anyone advise on Chemo regime?

Hi lovely ladies.

My Mum is starting chemo this week for aggressive triple negative breast cancer that is also in her lymph. I am going with her for her first session and staying a couple of days to see how she goes but am a bit concerned because she says she is only having 6 rounds 3 weeks apart via infusion whereas a lot of other people seem to be describing much more complicated regimes. This is chemo pre surgery and I seem to remember the nurse wrote it down as ec9 which I presume is epirubicin cyclophosphamide, od - don’t know what this is and docetaxel x 3. Could anyone explain how the 9 and 3 fit in with the 6 rounds over 18 weeks? It looks like Mum is going to have a total of 4 drugs but unsure if these will be given all together or different combinations - can anyone help? X