Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer reccurence

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with BC in 2016 aged 24, had chemo, lumpectomy, radio and hormone treatment. Sadly in January i was diagnosed with BC again in the same breast but in a slightly different place and its now HER2+. I had a mastecomy 6 weeks ago and LD reconstruction and im due to start chemo soon and herceptin. I havent seen my oncologist yet so i dont know if im going to have the same chemo or before, has anyone else on here had chemo with recurrence and if so, did you have the same chemo or a different combination of drugs? and last time i had an 18 week cycle, did anyone elses cycle change or stay the same as before? its driving me crazy waiting to find out as im due to get married in May which is likely to be in the middle of the chemo.

If anyone can share any of their own experience that would be much appreciated.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, sorry to see you’ve had a recurrence, & whilst you have your wedding to look forward to ? I also had BC in 2016, diagnosed in September. Mine was TN, I had a lumpectomy, 4 cycles of AC chemo & radiotherapy which finished in April last year. I had a local recurrence which the symptoms started in July but wasn’t diagnosed until September. I’ve now had a mastectomy, I can’t have reconstruction yet as they say not until 18 months post radiotherapy.

This time I had 4 cycles of docetaxol & carboplatin which was a different chemo to last time. I used the cold cap this time & have kept most of my hair.

When do you see your oncologist? When I saw mine she wanted the chemo to start the following week but we’d booked a trip to Euro Disney so it was 2 weeks later.

I hope your appointment is soon so that you have a plan. The waiting is just awful. I know the first time we’d booked Euro Disney (which is why we booked again to go when I was well ?), they let me go 4 weeks so that I’d feel relatively well for the trip.

Wishing you lots of luck xx

Hi Rebecca, how did you get on yesterday? I do hope they were able to work things around your wedding xx

Hi Rebecca

Hope you are doing OK,  I was diagnosed with BC in February 2016, had lumpectomy and then lymph node clearance and then 6 cyles of FEC T chemotherapy and 20 sessions of radiotherpy. And was taking tamoxifen, was eant ot be for 5 years but that has now stopped due to new diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with recurrence in January this year,  this time mine is in the skin, Inflammatroy Breast Cancer, I am having Chemo first and have been put on 6 cycles of TC, which is Doxetaxyl and Cyclophosphamide.  21 day cycle, then will be having mastectomy with skin graft.  

I hope you get some answers before your wedding,  and can still enjoy the day.

Take Care

Julie