Cold cap/wigs

Hi

I am posting on behalf of one of my relatives who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. She would like to know if it is worth trying the cold cap to stop hair loss?

Also, can anyone recommend any wig online sites or wig shops in the West Yorkshire/Leeds area?

Thank you

Hi Aqua - sorry to hear one of your relatives has been given this news.

I had chemo back in May 17 - Aug 17, I never used cold cap myself but several did.  It depends greatly on your hairs condition before treatment and the regime of chemo you’re having.  For example, FEC or any combination of that particular chemo is renowned for hair loss (even with cold cap) - Docetaxol has less impact on hair folicles.

I reverted to a wig and still do as my hair, although growing quickly, is very unruly and grey! - I’m not in your area but it’s worth contacting a local cancer charity as they sometimes have wigs available and you give a donation.  I paid £250 for my first wig from the hairdressers/wig suppliers!!  Gave £10 donation and was allowed to take 3 from local cancer support group. 

Good luck to your relative for the future x

Thank you Jay68 x

Thank you blueash :slight_smile:

I sale high quality human hair.Mother’s day discount is on

berryshair.aliexpress.com/store/group/3-4-bundles-Deal/314952_513147971.html?albbt=1&isdl=y&aff_short_key=uNb6i2f&aff_platform=true&albslr=119984565&src=Facebook