Highlighted

Re: Cold cap/wigs

Highlighted

Thank you blueash 🙂

Highlighted
Community Champion

I used the cold cap and kept lots of hair. I had it cut and layered to about chin length or slightly longer from being long.

There is a great wig shop in Yorkshire this is it; http://www.internetwigs.com

Highlighted

Thank you Somerset 

Highlighted

Hi aqua

I did use the cold cap - seemed worthwhile as I kept most of my hair (although very thin in places).  Very important that it fits properly though - I would have kept more hair if it hadn't been too loose first time.  Managed to get away without a wig - was wearing a headband by the end (to cover very thin strip arising from the loose cap).  I was also told that with the cold cap it will grow back more quickly and less likely to change colour - don't know how much truth there is in this but mine certainly did recover quite fast and still the same colour.

Good luck to your relative.

Highlighted

Thank you Jay68 x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Aqua - sorry to hear one of your relatives has been given this news.

I had chemo back in May 17 - Aug 17, I never used cold cap myself but several did.  It depends greatly on your hairs condition before treatment and the regime of chemo you're having.  For example, FEC or any combination of that particular chemo is renowned for hair loss (even with cold cap) - Docetaxol has less impact on hair folicles.

I reverted to a wig and still do as my hair, although growing quickly, is very unruly and grey! - I'm not in your area but it's worth contacting a local cancer charity as they sometimes have wigs available and you give a donation.  I paid £250 for my first wig from the hairdressers/wig suppliers!!  Gave £10 donation and was allowed to take 3 from local cancer support group. 

Good luck to your relative for the future x

Highlighted

Cold cap/wigs

Hi

I am posting on behalf of one of my relatives who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. She would like to know if it is worth trying the cold cap to stop hair loss?

Also, can anyone recommend any wig online sites or wig shops in the West Yorkshire/Leeds area?

Thank you