Cold cap

Hi everyone,

Having my second round of fec on thursday, i cold capped but have had been shredding hairs since 4 days now after i brush it but none at night. Does it ease up? Or is it a daily thing?

Any advice appriciated.
Aimee x

Hi Aimee84,

I’m sorry you haven’t yet received a reply to your post. It looks like a few of our Forum members have been discussing this in the thread here: forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Cold-cap/m-p/1206888, which you may find useful. 

All the best,

Helena at Breast Cancer Care

Hi Aimee, I’m from the October thread and finished my chemo in January. I cold capped through fecx6. I found that I did shed a lot just after fec2 and I did continue to shed but not quite as much all the way through. I did lose a lot of hair from the top of my head and it was very noticeably thinner.  However I would say don’t give up as although I lost a lot from the top it wasn’t really noticeable anywhere else (although it did thin all over). Feel free to pm me if you have any cold cap questions and I’ll try to help! Mine did grow back fairly quickly on top once I’d finished but I’m still trying to get it to blend in with the rest now!

Good luck with your treatment!

Hi there, thanks for the reply! Did you loose strands throughout? Or did it slow down?
Ive thinned on top mostly, and hopeing i can hold onto rest throught next 4 rounds…

Any tips?xx

Any tips welcome as mine had also thinned on top xx