Docetaxel - help

Hi, I have had 3 FEC treatments and had my first docetaxel chemo on Tuesday…felt ok until yesterday when I passed out for a few minutes and ever since I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. My head, throat and back are sore and feel like I have flu. Can anyone give mr advice please?? Thank you 

Hi MrsJ13

I don’t personally have this regime but did you phone your emergency number for their advice? passing out is a bit of a concern.

Joemic x 

Hi MrsJ13

I also had FEC-T, mine was on a Thursday, after my first dose I was OK until the following Monday when I had a 48 hour period of feeling very unwell and in a lot of pain. I did have Herceptin at the same time which didn’t help! The timescale seems to be the same as the one you are experiencing. The subsequent doses did produce similar effects but either lessened somewhat or I had got used to them. T does produce strong flu like symptoms and you do feel like you have been run over, I agree. If you are concerned at all about how you feel then please phone the helpline, they will ask if you have taken your temperature so do so before you call.

Best wishes and hope you recover quickly from the side effects.