cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC recovery times

3 REPLIES 3

Re: FEC recovery times

Hi Lizandsarah

It is so hard to generalise about recovery as the chemo affects everyone differently. 

I know people who found EC fine and Taxol awful, I was the opposite.

That said even I travelled twice to Switzerland on EC (after cycles 1 and 4). I see you are going to Ireland so it is not long haul.

Both times I went the weekend before the next treatment so I had had over 2 weeks to recover and was starting to feel as good as I could. My bloods results were good and I was cautious (hand gel use etc). Earlier in the cycle your immunity will be lower. I got insurance very easily with Insurewith who have specific cancer policies. 

I think it will really depend on how you personally get on with chemo and where in the cycle/how far through treatment you are. Just recognise that you may find even simple stuff more tiring. 

I've managed to get reasonably priced cover quote from Medisafe, under £30 for a week in Ireland. 

I spoke to them by phone, as the questions are very general online and dont always cover what you are experiencing,

Do you mean after the second cycle of FEC or after all chemo?

Regardless, bear in mind that it'll be difficult/expensive/impossible to get travel insurance so soon and that the EHIC may no longer be valid in Europe (depending how things go over the next fortnight) if you're visiting there.

FEC recovery times

Hi

Starting 3x FEC and 3 X T shortly.

I wanted to get an idea as to what recovery timescales I should expect after each cycle?

We are looking to visit family abroad after second cycle, consultant has agreed I can go and I need to get an idea as to what to expect

Thanks