First oncology appointment

Hi its my first app tomorrow anyone have any tips with questions etc. Thank you Val

Just make sure you take someone with you, it’s hard to remember everything they tell you. Take a list with you too, of anything you want to ask, otherwise you’ll come out and remember in the car park when it’s too late. xxx

Thanks Daisy. I have my daughter with me and will do list of questions xx

It went well start FEC-T on 5th June. Still reading through all bits they gave me. Hope all well with you ?xx

Hi, I had a lumpectomy a month ago and I still haven’t heard about a appointment with the Oncologist. I’m getting anxious now. I rang last week and was told the referral went to the wrong place and is now in hand. Should I be concerned? Thanks Amanda

Hi Amanda I would give breast nurses a call. Just to put your own mind at rest as waiting and worrying is worse thing you can do. I always end up googling things. Hope all goes ok. We are only a message away. Val x

Had my first oncology appt today. It is a lot of information given to you so don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat anything and definitely take someone with you. When I came out of mine I repeated everything I believed I had heard and understood from the meeting to my partner and he filled in any gaps for me! Hope all goes well xxx