Need help planning for chemo!

My oncotype score came back a 23 but because I am under 50 and pre-menopausal they are still recommending chemo. I had a grade three tumor so although I’m not thrilled about this obviously I do take some pleasure knowing that if there are any loose little cancer craps floating around in there chemo will be very good about taking them out. I was also pleased to learn that my score was low enough to where I would be put on the less toxic taxotere/cytoxan regimen. It will be four sessions, three weeks apart, and if my insurance will pay for cold capping I’m going to do it since it has better results with that combo of drugs. I will also be icing my hands and feet for neuropathy purposes. But what else do I need? What lotions for skin and what for nails? Anybody have any experience with these drugs? I’ll start later next week I believe so looking to get what I need quickly.

Hi Kay , maybe best to post this in the chemotherapy section so more people will see your post  . forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Chemotherapy/bd-p/4435

@Shi  can you help ? 

Hi Kay0987 You need to get your teeth checked before starting chemo your dentists will fit you in when you tell them you are starting chemo I painted my nails black during chemo and just lost couple of toenails, others have used poly balm I think it is I’m sure one of them will pop on and advise Get thermometer to keep checking your temp during chemo, senokot, anosol, Imodium the steroids and chemo can block you up or give you lava bum sorry if tmi Udderly smooth with extra urea cream from Amazon is a tip passed down through the threads and is a cream that quenched the dry skin caused by chemo well for lots of us over the years Your trust should give you a wig voucher if you need one at all during chemo I’m sure others will pop on too Sorry you find yourself here :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

I recommend Polybalm for your nails, you rub it into the nail bed 2 or 3 times a day. After 4 cycles of EC my fingers are perfect. You can see one chemo line on one of my big toes and I have a bit of black in one other toe nail. I presume both of these wouldn’t have happened if my application method was better!