Nerve pain

I started to get numb fingers during chemo now 2 months after my last chemo treatment I’ve got fully numb hands at night , worse in the hand that the cannula went in, but the pain is horrendous. It’s tingly during the day too but at night it’s keeping me awake. The doctor says it’s carpal tunnel but I thought the taxol causes nerve damage , has anyone else had this after chemo? How long did it last and what did you do for the pain ?

Hi

I was left with neuropathic pain (as well as numb fingers and toes) but felt the pain most in my breast muscle after radiotherapy. My GP put me on Gabapentin (later Pregabalin) which helped a lot. The first treatment of choice for nerve pain is amitryptiline which was miraculous when I was prescribed it for damaged ribs abut unfortunately I can’t have it now. All you can do is ask your GP. If s/he refuses, consult your breast care nurse. Your oncologist may write to your GP requesting they prescribe pain relief. Does it matter if it’s carpel tunnel syndrome or neuropathic pain. It still bloody hurts!

Hi PJB43

I’m soon going through chemo treatment. I read your post with interest. How are you feeling, has the numbness got any better? 
I have nerve and muscle pain in my left arm and hand after the surgery so I’m concerned about this side effect of chemo. 
Hope things improve and you feel better soon.