Still losing hair after chemo cold capping

Hello!

I finished 12 weekly treatments of taxol in mid-December. I used the cold cap throughout my treatment and while my hair thinned significantly I was able to keep quite a lot of it.

After finishing chemo, I thought my hair loss/shedding would improve over time, but this does not seem to be the case. I seem to be shedding more hair than I was while on chemo!

Has anyone had a similar experience? When did your hair stop falling out after treatment? Any guidance or insight would be very much appreciated.

Hi Bobbik,

i am 4 months post final chemo now and have been thinking back to what happened with my hair after my last treatment.

Assumed my hair would stop shedding but it went on for about another 4 weeks and i also lost my eyebrows n lashes… thought i was gonna hang onto them but they kinda disappeared ??

Slight soft fluffy regrowth started around 5-6 weeks post chemo.  Now i have a full head if hair albeit short and its growing back thicker as are my eyelashes,  eyebrows as before.

We will all recover differently but as long as we get there thats the important thing.

good luck.  Mini mad xx ??