I started adjuvant chemo back in October, but after 2 cycles had to stop after ending up in the hospital with sepsis.
I'm due to start again on a different regime, sometime in the next few weeks. I'm more or less getting to choose when, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for input from the forum as I'm struggling with the decision.
Earliest date: next Thursday, when I next talk to my consultant about it. We're semi-set up that it could happen that day. Biggest pro: earlier I start, earlier I finish!
Latest date: Feb 9th (end of 12-week window). Biggest pro: another 3 weeks recovery from the sepsis (I'm doing okay, but still fatigue and some movement issues). This is also the date of my next bisphosphonates infusion, not sure how I feel about having the 2 together, or even the bisphosphs mid-cycle.
I'm also a little concerned about the idea of leaving it til the last minute - if I get covid or even a cold, that could be me out of the 12-week window. On the other hand, chemo was bad enough when I started it almost fully healthy last time, never mind still recovering now - not that I'm sure 3 weeks will fix me, it's taking its sweet time (unsurprisingly).
Any thoughts and/or pearls of wisdom to help me sort my thinking out would be very appreciated!