62394members
328362posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I send my friend starting chemo tomorrow?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: What can I send my friend starting chemo tomorrow?

Thank you, I hope you're not feeling too bad x

I sent my friend the kit from cancer support and she received it yesterday.   She says it's fab so thank you for the tip xx

Hi, I started my chemo on Thursday. Things I am appreciating are low scent toiletries, nail varnish, ginger biscuits and low sugar squash. Good books and a jigsaw are also helping. No need to.spend loads of money its the thought that counts

Thanks, yes I thought the same.  And I wasn't sure if all the stuff in those kits was actually useful or not so I asked you guys. I've sent my friend a few bits and will aim to send something little for after each treatment. Thanks again for all your tips and hope you are all feeling ok today xxx

Amazon, Not another bunch of flowers and cancer care parcel also have gift sets online if you search chemotherapy gifts. 

I thought they were all a bit expensive online for the amount f stuff in them, so I looked at what sort of things were in them, then went to the high street so I could personalise what I bought, when my friend needed chemo a couple of years ago.

Wilko and the range sell empty baskets to make up and places like card factory sell different sizes of gift boxes. 

Ooh that's great, thank you very much.  I'll have a look.  Xx

My friend sent me a chemo kit from cancer support UK wnich contains lots of lovely goodies. It was free of charge. I've also enjoyed receiving ginger teabags, mint teas, etc to combat nausea. X

Yes cooking smells seem to be making her nausea worse.  Hopefully she'll feel a little better today.  Thanks so much, nothing is easy about this cancer business -  we need to look after each other! Xx

Community Champion

Lovely idea:

Ginger tea / biscuits / Sina Original ginger chews (for nausea)

Definitely moisturiser and hand cream avoid strong smells

Xx

That's perfect, thank you so much xx

Hi MandR,

lovely idea. Just knowing someone is thinking of us always helps! Try any of the following - dark nail varnish/ cuticle oil,lip salve, skin moisturiser(Aveeno is good),puzzle book & pen,easy read book,pretty scarf(square is duel purpose neck or head). Hope that helps.xx

What can I send my friend starting chemo tomorrow?

Hi lovelies, 

My friend starts 6 lots of chemo tomorrow. I only had rads so I'm not sure what I could send her that might help a little?  She lives miles away from me so I just want her to know I'm thinking of her. Many thanks in advance for any tips.

Mand xx