What is 'normal'?

Hi all

I know the answer is everyone has different experiences and side effects but I am day 8 now following my first round of EC and still feel wiped out! When does it stop being what’s expected, or is that a silly question. 

I fortunately haven’t had nausea (which I am so thankful for) but have gone from being completely out of it for a day or 2, to very wobbly on my feet and legs like lead to a massive back ache today, turning into spasms, which from a bit of research looks like it may be from the filgrastim injections.

I suppose I was expecting a reaction from the chemo but didn’t think about the rest of the drug cocktail I have been on. 

I am so fed up, just needed to vent at 3.40 in the morning xx

You vent away, that’s what this forum is all about! What can I tell you except nothing is normal , unfortunately. Everyone has very different reactions to the same cocktail of drugs. You are on one of the harsher treatments, so I would say what you are describing is not unexpected . Your Onco and BC nurse need to be kept informed of your reaction to the treatment, and it may be that you need a reduced dosage. I know I did. My Onco described it as using a ten tonne hammer to hit an egg for the first round of chemo. You get weighed and measured because the dosage is worked out on your surface area. So the bigger you are , and I’m a large lady, the bigger the dosage. It appears to be quite normal to have a reduction so your body tolerates it better. The fsg injections help get your bone marrow producing white blood cells, so your back ache may very well be that. Again, your team need to know. I was given tips by my district nurse. One was to walk after my injection for 30 mins, and the other to have warm baths in Epsom salts . Both seemed to help.

i think you will get great support from the August monthly chemo thread where you will find others who are having similar experiences and you can help each other along. I know I valued my support thread immensely and we shared a lot of very useful tips. You are not alone in this battle, and everyone on here will help so you’ve come to the right place. Best wishes. :four_leaf_clover: :bouquet: X