What to expect: about to start 12 weeks

Hi all. New here, new to breast (or any) cancer, and haven’t really talked too much with others going through this. I have a good support system but not a ton of first hand advice from friends.
I know everyone is dealing with something different and will react differently. I’m hoping to get some feedback from those going through a similar path. I was diagnosed triple positive DCIS and a small but aggressive stage 1 IDC. I had a lumpectomy and lymph node removal in December. Fortunately my margins were clear. I do feel fortunate, but my road ahead is long.  Got my port in on Friday and this coming Friday I start 12 weeks of weekly Taxol and Hercepton, followed by 9 more months of every third week Hercepton. At some point I’ll get radiation and also 5 years of tamoxifen. Until now I’ve been pretty pragmatic and soldiering on, but the chemo and its potential side effects are now looming large. I really don’t want to lose my hair. I’m getting it cut tomorrow (it’s pretty long right now) and I know that’s going to be a reality check. I’m ordering cold caps, but just the Amazon kind. I can’t afford the high end. 
Anyway. I’m not sure if I have a specific question other than I’m hoping to connect with some people on a similar diagnosis and path. 
And what should I bring to chemo? What should I order for home? I also got cold gloves and socks, have a blanket, and some caps for/if I lose my hair. Anything else? Advice is welcome. 
Good luck to all!

Hi there is a monthly thread for people starting in feb 2023 - if you search my posts you will find posts there. I don’t know how to link. 
losing hair is horrible I’m crying all weekend over mine and I haven’t started treatment . I spoke to a friend of my husband  last week . His wife is just finished treatment  he said for her losing her hair was more emotional than her breast .I had grade 2 but because of high oncotype have to have chemo . I’m needle phobic and have a tendency to throw up very easily so am terrified of trip ahead 

Hiya, firstly take a breath. I’ve had 3 sessions of AC chemo and lost my hair and I too found it very stressful however now I’m ok with it and wear lots of lovely head gear purchased from different sites including Masumi, Amazon, Etsy and also I have 2 scarfs from the Maggie centre. Going to chemo I always take a hand held fan (this has been incredible) some soft drinks, and also some sweets to suck on as the chemo can taste a bit funny. I also take a magazine that I can flick through and lip balm and tissues. Tbh the first time I took a blanket too but I find I don’t need it, it is easier if you wear something accessible as depending on how long you’re there you may need the loo while your infusion is connected. I always try and get my positive head on before going mainly because I get nervous and once I’m there the nurses and staff are so awesome that they help ease your nervousness. I felt pretty icky after the AC chemo and I was pretty useless for about 6 days but they gave me anti sickness stuff so that was awesome and I took anything I could. I had my first of 12 weekly Paclitaxel last Thursday and had a reaction when it was going through, but they sorted me out quickly and gave the infusion slowly and then I was fine, I have felt fine after the session and I hope I continue as I am today. I even got into the potting shed today to plant some seeds that’s the first time in months I’ve got in there. Good luck and just take everything one day at a time. Plan some you time after the sessions and if you don’t need it then so be it. Here if you need anything