cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodbye pubic hair

43 REPLIES 43
Blondy

Re: goodbye pubic hair

Omg yes the best thing to happen .Very sad indeed when it eventually grew back.  My friends has never grown back .

Livestorngsummer

Anyway, it's good you don't need all these trimmers for at least some time. It's the positive thing in all this situation. To be honest, the next positive moment-is new experience with all this hair loosing. You are right, we should take in everything with humor and it really helps. 

Mad.vs.Alien

Yes..I am fairly new to this...but I always find someone with similar questions and it is sooio helpful...and always somehow brings a smile to my face....i guess we do really need to take in everything with humour...it does help a lot... my wig is called Hot Hayley.... still debating whether we need to name the fresh garden too hahahahaha
fitful head

It only just occurred to me this morning that hair loss would probably affect my ladygarden as well as my head (I know, I'm not the sharpest pencil), and was just working up the courage to google it when this thread popped up! I think it covers everything a girl needs to know: weeing, poetry, crop circles - thank you 🙂 

Blondy

Omg I am so happy after years of Brazilians to hopefully now have a permanent one. Please oh please don't ever grow back. I'm loving it.
Mad.vs.Alien

Aaahhh. I had my first chemo last week today is day 9. The idea of losing my hair is soooo hard but boy my scalp hurts, it's so sensitive I'm scared to wash my hair....Pubic hair oh waow ...i better clean that toilet and make sure my white floor in the bathroom is cleaned and scrutinised with a zoom magnifying glass😁 i just wiped off a little chunk of it....they look as if they are just sitting on my skin....Help help with my nails..
.i can see the difference straight away what i can put on my nails to save them. I have been rubbing coconut oil at night since 2 days. Any suggestions are welcomed....I am on EC for 4 cycle then Tax for another 4...
tors

freaky crop circle type underground pubic hair? There is just so much to look forward to!

Nicky65

Tors

Just wait until it does START to grow back ...that is more freaky! With me it was almost as if the hair wasn't strong enough to penetrate the skin and grew in a tiny circle just visible under the skin, most weird...the hair on my thighs did that too, but not the hair everywhere else. In fact 4 years later and my underarm hair is still very sparce..something to be grateful for!

Take care Nicola xx

tors

The last of my 6 chemos was 12 august, still no signs of regrowth. Will look like a freaky pre pubescant woman-child for eternity.

tors

still shaving legs too but underarm hair is usually rampant but hasn't grown back for 3 weeks now since i last shaved it, is a slight bonus to all this! Eyebrows still there but the stray hairs i plucked out 3 weeks ago haven't reappeared either, won't be messing with the remaining ones obviously!

Tedoris

Why are our legs not affected as quickly as our head and lady hair.
SO UNFAIR!!!

tors

i look like a barbie doll down below now, is just wrong.

Tina45

Sometimes it's a case of knocking on all doors before someone steps in to help! Do you have a BC nurse who might arrange a prescription for you? I also have chemo day on a Thursday which is day one and then the next cycle starts on a Thursday again due to the FEC and TAX having a 21 day recovery. Hope you feel better soon. I was very tired the last week and for the first time had to have a lie down after the school run, just could not carry on. Better after a restful weekend. Not looking forward to this week coming. Tinaxx

tors

will see if my gp can give it me, never know who is the right person to ask for what nowadays!

Tina45

Ask for Emend, seems to be the best there is, was prescribed this for next cycle after being so nauseous after the first two, anecdotal evidence from the forums suggest everyone found it very helpful! Have now been switched from FEC to TAX and wonder what that will bring, just when you think you know what's coming something else to get your head around.
Hope you have now fully recovered from those nasty bugs! Tinaxxx

tors

am hoping that too Tina, have spent the day feeling sicky and achy and generally blurgh, is everyone else still nauseous on day 4 after chemo, if day 1 is the actual chemo date? Think will def ask for difft anti sickness stuff, can't even drink water this time! Hair on my legs is well and truly hanging on in there, what the hell is that all about when its doing a runner evrywhere else?

Tina45

How mean, no hair on top but still shaving legs, too! Bought wig last week and with sunglasses on no one recognised me, gone from brown shoulder lengths to Jennifer Aniston blond wig! Eyelashes and brows getting sparse, too, don't feel or look like myself at present! Very sunsensitive, too. Keep firmly hoping all be back to normal next summer! Tinaxx

Kiti

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in but just have to say this thread has really cheered me up lots! Had 2nd chemo on Wed and was so obsessed with losing hair on head 😞 I'd not noticed the disappearing lady garden! Love the ATTITUDE poem too. Will be soooo disappointed if legs stay hairy though think we should have one 'perk' of hair loss??

Hope everyone feeling ok and getting through their treatment with not too many s/e. Have gd weekend. Love the sun so it's hard to keep out of it when weather so gorgeous!

Love Kiti xx

izzypal

Hello Binki,
I just love your ATTITUDE poem, makes you think.
What a great way to see things!

Best Wishes

Isabelle xxx

Lulu34

Karen i lost pretty much every hair on my body.... still had a few mental eye brows but had to shave my legs throughout 6 months of chemo.... it did slow down and become a bit sparser but never stopped completely which was a bit of a bugger.

took some hair longer to come back in than others like underarm hair didnt grow back enough to need shaved til 4 months after last chemo, but eyelashes grew back almost immediately.

Lxx

kayh317

love the posts, they really made me laugh.

Lost my little thatch early on and most of my body hair although still find I have to shave my legs every 3 - 4 weeks.

Had my head shaved before 2nd chemo. Had spent a fortune on a fantastic wig but rarely wear it. Usually wear a bandana.

No views from significant other on the loss as sadly no longer have one but life goes on !!!

will keep looking at the posts and hopefully we will all grow thick and sexy hair one day !!

Karen x

tors

at least you don't have to wax to wear a swim suit ( silver lining...?)

Kindensurprise

Hi all
Mine disappeared, never to really return! I have a very sparse covering in the lady garden area, but a very thick head of hair, which was really curly but is gradually straightening. Have eyelashes but intermittent eyebrows, so wear a fringe to cover them up. Am 18mths post chemo. Am not too bothered about it, but lady garden does look weird.

tors

ps. apparently Kate Winslet wore a pubic hair wig for Revolutionary Road as her brazilian wasn't realistic for 1950s america. Whats good for Kate.....

tors

Binki, i love that post!Thanks.

I still have a sprinkling of pubic hair but thanks for the wee advice, i will wee more carefully in future... surely i m not going to spray more than my two sons and husband who i am always complaining to as they can't seem to direct well!

My friend shaved my ( head) hair off today for me ( after your post Hayz, i guess i need to specific , and don't want anyone thinking i had my friend round to give my nether regions a number 3!). I was so sick of it being sore, looking greasy and coming out whenever i ran my fingers through it, and worrying it would all blow off in the school playground and scare the children! The annoying thing is that i had to shave my legs cos they were so black hairy and awful and didn't look in imminent danger of going anywhere quickly, but i could pull out the rest of my hair with no force!

Tina45

Hayz, I had the best laugh!!!! My house is full of builders, they must think the bald woman has lost the plot!! Going from having long hair below the shoulder to patchy no3 crew cut takes some getting used to, did use the cc but not entirely successful!

Hayz

LOL Tina45

I looked at the thread title & then read your post!

I'm assuming that you're talking about the hair on your head??!

Hxx

Tina45

If you are near day 20/21 first cycle it will probably go soon! Depends whether you want to have control when and how the hair comes off. In hindsight I wish I had taken mine off before it fell off in one go, it was so long when it came off it tangled and it took an hour to unpick, possibly my worst bc day so far, my friend then did a no. 3 crew cut. I can't explain why that was worse than the mx?

Tedoris

Only people who have hair can make that comment. I am having a bad day with hair and think maybe time to shave??? At least our lady hair is something we dont have to show the public!!

Tina45

Will keep the post in mind with my hair doing the disappearing act and no more bikini wax this summer needed, that was the first bit to go! Knowing I am not alone in this is great! Not sure how to take comments from people like at school today when one mum told me "don't worry it'll grow back and hair is so overrated anyway!!" whilst she was tossing her blond locks....... What can you say to that??

Tedoris

Brillant post will remember it on the down days!
My lady hair is disappearing at a fast rate. Have to check seat when finished on loo!! OH said it will be fine not so sure myself find it a bit creepy. As a friend said perhaps a lady hair wig but thats one you dont want real hair!lol

bebelou

I love that post binki, it has really made me smile, and put a nice spin on things 🙂

binki

After Reading you Post it made me smile. so i thought i would share this i came across Re a lady with Breast Cancer i thought it was wonderful (smiling)

A T T I T U D E

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
And noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.'

So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
And saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.'

And noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.'

And noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
'YAY!' she exclaimed.

'I don't have to fix my hair today!'

Attitude is everything!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.
I read this and it made me smile !

(((Hugs))) Binki x

Lulu34

i lost my downstairs hair first... and unlike divvy my OH didnt like me with none and after it fell out was the end of our sex life until it grew back.... in some ways it was quite reassuring LOL.

when it grew back in it grew back totally straight, fine and wispy and looked a bit like old lady foofs (im a nurse so iv seen a fair few... just incase you thought i was a bit of a freak), but it did turn back into a normal lady garden after a few months.... and now 6 months post chemo its as wild and wavy as it was before.

Lx

carlyb

This thread has made me chuckle! I'm due for my first chemo on 21st May, and both me and boyfriend are wondering if that will disappear!

Carly x

hope

p.s. No one to appreciate it though!

hope

I think I must be strange in this but I lost all my hair, eyelashes, eyebrows and all other body (and facial I must admit!) on Taxol but my pubic hair just disppeared in certain areas leaving a very tidy arrangement, almost Brazilian!!

I'm guessing this was due to having weakened the other growth by waxing over the years but can't quite understand why it didn't all go.

Silver linings!

Lee x

fairyem

Goodness mine's coming back in full force, however husband thinks I should start waxing it immediately. I told him to sod off. Just wish the hair on my head would return as quick.
Em x

Steph10

It was the first hair I lost! Came away in my hand in the shower! I wonder if it'll be the last to grow back, as I already have 0.5mm length eyelashes! Yay!

saffronseed

Whilst the hair on my head disappeared at an alarming rate, all other hair is still there thick and fast... I think I am missing out.... x

dawnhc

I remember back on the old forums posting about this and the thread was so funny - pity we cant access it still. Basically it's a warning to be careful when you pee!! Hair seems to serve a purpose in that area, of directing the stream if you get my meaning. It took me quite some time to work out why I kept wetting the back of my trousers .... and yes I had remembered to pull them down first.

Dawn
xx

Hayz

Lol.....not good for going for a wee!!!

Hxx

Divvy1

True, but my man thought it was fantastic, so at least someone was happy.
Not planning to do it again to keep him that way though !

tors

goodbye pubic hair

all i can say is wierd and freaky!