nab-paclitaxel because of paclitaxel allergy - anyone having this?

I was supposed to have weekly treatments of paclitaxel combined with four doses of carboplatin as the second part of my chemo treatment for TNBC.  However, I’ve turned out to be very allergic to paclitaxel so am going to have three treatments of nab-paclitaxel combined with my three remaining doses of carboplatin.  I’m just wondering whether anyone else has experience of this drug/combination and has any info they could share about side effects etc?

Thanks xx

Hello Wallflower,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven’t had a response yet. I hope my response will help our members to see your comment and share their advice and experience.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

Hi wallflower,

How has the nab/paclitaxel been for you? 

I’m due to start in a couple of weeks, with immunotherapy. 

Just wondering about side effects, hair loss etc…

Hope you’ve tolerated it well and are doing well. Sending you love and strength. Xxx

Oh Wallflower,

Oh I’m sorry it sounds like you’ve really suffered. Bless you, what a rough ride you’ve had. I’m hoping now you’ve had your final reduced dose the symptoms won’t come back?

Sending you lots of love and strength. XXX

So York 75, what time is your appt today? Wishing you luck for it. I had my first treatment yesterday of Abraxane (nab / paclitaxel) and the immunotherapy Atezolizumab. It’s was a late afternoon appointment but I managed to drive home and eat dinner, help get my boys aged 4 & 7 into bed. Then I went to bed and crashed! But no other side effects. I’ve got up this morning with the boys but my husband took them to school for me. Since then I’ve done nothing. Feel pretty tired and wiped out but no nausea or anything. So just wanted to reassure you. Hope you get on ok today, thinking of you. Much love. Xxx

Hello Wallflower,

I hope you are healthy and doing ok . If you don’t mind please give me some info .  After chemo did you had radiotherapy? or what type of drugs you having daily? As I started  in June 2022 Abraxone +carboplatin and immunotherapy drug  Keytruda . No idea what i’m going have next .
Thank you