cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoledronic acid as well as Chemo

7 REPLIES 7
Coddfish

Re: zoledronic acid as well as Chemo

Sorry for being late in spotting this. I am having Zoledronic acid alongside chemo. The first lot was put in directly after my first EC, so it was impossible to tell what side effect came from what. However having had the second round of EC subsequently (without the bisphosphonate), the pattern was much the same. In my experience it didn’t add to the symptom load. 

mel1989

Had my first infusion of Zoledronic Acid yesterday after Taxol and they were right flu like symptons woke this morning shivering cold i cant get warm. Took my self back to bed pjs, bed socks, duvet, water bottle still shivering. Am hoping its just 2 days it lasts for like they suggested.

Luckly youngest is away with Hubby and oldest is off out for a play as i think day in bed for me today which is a shame a ment to be 21 here. 

Hope your all well

mel1989

Thank you for your responce

I havnt yet been prescribed it, have had 4 cycle of EC every 2 weeks and yesterday had 3rd cycle Paclitaxol all going well.  Oncologist calling Mon so i giess he will mention it then as Vitamin D levels were low. 

Take care

Mel

X

Coddfish

Same here. Had my first one on Tuesday immediately after my first chemo (EC). I didn’t notice any side effects (had a remarkably easy first 3 days considering everything). 

bookish

Mine is once every six months, for 3 years.

mel1989

Ok thank you for your reply, is peace of mind its not to bad having that infusion too. 

How often do you have it?

I havnt yet been prescribed it as waiting for my Vitamin D levels to rise. 

Thank you

bookish

Hey, yes I'm doing both the bisphosphonates and chemo.

Started zoledronic acid first, and the first one was rough - like a day or so of flu. But the rest have been much easier.

Most recent one was given same day as chemo, and despite a few worries, it was absolutely fine.

mel1989

zoledronic acid as well as Chemo

Hi, 

Is any one having infusion of zoledronic acid while having chemo too, wondering how you are? 

Once my vitamin levels are up, oncologist is prescribing me  to have this infusion too. 

Weekly paclitaxol, and every 3rd carboplatmin too

Thank you