Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative therapy help

7 REPLIES 7
delly

Re: Alternative therapy help

Hi again Diana

Glad your personal email has been removed.

I sent you a private message.

Delly xxx

lovemama

Thanks Diana, Before your post I did not know there is CTC.

After my first time treatment in 2011, my oncologist happily told me my tumor market test was 0. I had no cancer.

Last year, before my bone biopsy confirming BC recurrence on sternum, my CA125 tumor market test raised but still within normal range. I had requested early booking of chemo. My onco told me chemo was on hold until bone biopsy result came out and even said I might not need chemo.

After my 4th session chemo, she only said my CA15-3 tumor marker test was within normal range. 

Funny figures..... I will talk to my onco and see if  I am eligible to take CTC , which is free in Canada. If not available, I may need your advice and/or help. Thanks again. 

Diana

Hi Delly,

According to the hospital’s blood tumour marker tests I’m fine. I’m in remission. But the CTC (circulating rumour cells) test revealed that I actually still have 50 cancer cells per 1ml blood, it is a low count but I still have cancer cells in my system. It is too small and still not detectable by the hospital CT scan machine. At least I know. Having a yearly test helps me to monitor if the counts goes up or down, or remain the same.

If you are really interested to have the CTC scan done I can help to introduce you to my health practitioner who arranged the blood test and sends the sample to the lab in Germany. I can give you info and the cost. Msg me.

delly

Crikey Diana

With no desire to cause a furore with your info, I'm massively interested as to how or where you go to get your CTC test??? It has often irked me that the UK is sooo often behind on diagnosis and treatments, compared to other European countries and the USA. Where are you??

The info that such a test provides, makes me wonder if it'll soon be available in the UK, but prior to having to wait, I'd be prepared to pay to have it done elsewhere. It could pre-empt so much, don't you think readers. Please could you let me have details, Diana.

Lotsa love  

Delly xxx

monicanatura

Hi
Apologies for being pedantic, however it’s complementary therapy, not alternative.
Alternative would suggest you would take the one route, rather then complementing medical care with complementary therapies and remedies.
Diana

Hi,

I had mastectomy in 2008 and then a axilla dissections following a recurrence in 2014. Grade 3.  Had chemo following the surgery and it was horrendous.  Now I'm considered in remission because all the blood test tumour markers are OK.  However I did a lot of research from reliable publications, such as clinical trials and oncolog journals, to embark on a personal journey to do all I can to prevent another recurrence.  

My 3 main supplements for anti cancer is a very high dose curcumin with bioperine, Longvida curcumin which is a very good modified and enhanced curcumin product, sulphorafane (Broccomax) + Trans reverastrol, all very high dose. These three supplements have been scientifically proven to have anti cancer ability.  So far I do not have any side effect.  I started with low dose and built up to a high dose.  I also take high dose Vit D3 to help the immune system, Beta carotene, calcium, Omega 3, Vit C, probiotics, and also other supplements. I'm sure there are many other good supplements.  Previously I took many supplements but I have cut down to the essentials to suit me.  

I don't eat anything with sugar and use xylitol as sugar substitute, no dairy, no meat.  Eat mostly organic, occasional organic eggs for protein, plant protein powder, lots of nuts, vegetables and fruits. Non farmed fish once in a long while.  No biscuits, cakes, buttery snacks. I feel very good.

i also go and pay to have a CTC (circulating tumour cell) test, which count how many cancer cells in your blood, even though you do not have any symptom or diagnosed with cancers.  The test is not available in the UK or NHS.  The blood sample is sent to a German lab.  The result last year showed that I still have cancer cells in my blood and it is low, this year's test show the same result. I'm hoping to keep it under control and repeat the test yearly.

i hope the above give helps.  It is my personal choice really, every one is different, but I have read so many research papers that helped me to make this choice.  

Wish you luck and keep well

Chick1

Hello Pinklily,

I see you are ER3, has hormone treatment been discussed with and recommended to you yet or were you being preemptive?

If not already, I would have a discussion with Oncologist about it and look at the pros and cons for you in detail before making a final decision.
If you are looking at natural methods, I heard flax seed could have an effect but I would check the detail/any reliable research on that.

I take Anastrazole and the worst side effects were leg and body cramps which eased with taking Calcium supplements (but think it was more due to the magnesium element.)

I am at the moment somewhat debilitated with pain and mobility issues on my right side that are currently under investigation. However I do not think Anastrazole to be the culprit and have continued to take them like a good 👧. I was ER8 so thought it important I tolerate them as much as able. Of couse my breaking point will be if my hair starts falling out in large amounts!

All the best Pinklily, X 🐥
pinklily

Alternative therapy help

I had surgery for invasive breast cancer grade 2 ER+3 on the 14th August, three lymph nodes were taken and I have 11/2 breasts now, I'm awaiting the results, hopefully in two weeks time. I'm prepared to have radiotherapy and if necassery chemo, but I have made it quite clear, I do not want hormone treatment. I am postmenapausal, age 62, suffer from artherities and at the moment in remission from fibromalgia, I don't want a flare up off that.

I've researched into many of the alternatives and at the moment I've started taking Ashwagandha 600mg, one a day. I've always taken cod liver oil 1000mg one a day and vit c 250, one a day. I don't eat dairy, smoke or drink, but I do lead an active life, walking miles, cycling and dancing modern jive.

I react badly to a number of drugs I've been given in the past, so know that my body will not do well on what they want to offer me.

I need to know what people are taking and what sort of results they have had, including side affects.

Would really appreciate some help please.