Ca 15.3 and cannabis oil

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have breast cancer stage 4. Heard it 1,5 year ago. I immediately started with cannabis oil. The cancer cells are around my lungs, not in the breast. 

The ca 15.3 blood marker is going up steadily and the oncologist does not understand why, because the situation in my lungs is not changing. I have injections of vulvestrant Faslodex every month.

So now I wonder if the cannabis oil (of which I take a lot) might interfere with the test. Anyone who has the same experience?

Thanks, conny

So sorry to hear this, sadly I dont know a lot about your particular cancer at this point.  But I have been reading a lot about cannabis use for cancer treatments and in America, where it is legalised for medical use in a nmber of states and are having a lot of good results.  Do look at some of the research.  

There are two types of cannibis, it has to be the one with “THC”…

This is a controversial subject as to if it works or not and exactly how it works. 

Amanda

Hi did you find it has helped - I have bc and started taking it , wanted more advice really xx

Conny123, as you havent come back to this thread, I do hope you are ok xx

Zena, trying to fine decent research is quite difficult, as the medical mode here in UK dismiss it, as the drug is illegal, a health care professional can not be seen to be giving advice/information on this. But in America it is a lot easier to find information.  The other problem is, as it is two differient types of treatment, divided by a fence.  One side is the conventional medical mode, the other is a holistic or alternative (some say quakery) neither appears happy if you choose the other…  trying to find ways to combine them though is quite difficult.  

I can only say, that, whilst waiting for 5 weeks, from diagnosis to first lumpectomy, I tried a couple of the alternatives.  I wasnt doing anything else, and felt for me, something was better than nothing.  I dont know if any worked clinically as I still havent got my pathology report - but the key, I felt like I was doing something positive. 

HTH, happy to chat about it…

A

x

Hi AGarside …
thanks for reply , I’m doing the same . As I am waiting a lot I feel I’m doing something… it doesn’t hurt and not addicting so can’t be bad - I also slept so well first 3 days , which at a time like this is great.
Hope it dies shrink it but guess we will never truly know !
How are you doing ATM ? X

Another “thing” I tried in the 5 weeks, was drinking a cup of Dandelion Root coffee per day.

There are some interesting articles, but little in way of hard evidence.

A

xx

Yes I’m taking 2 dandelion tablets a day too - we must have the same gp lol ?

Have you had any results yet ?
Do you think it’s helping ?

I have no idea if it has worked.

I want to get the full pathology report on the tumor just to see if there were any dead or ischemic parts…

I also want the oncotyping report as well… so far not good, but will try again on Thurs when I see oncologist.

A couple of things I use now, acupuncute alongside meds for sickness (am a Lic.Ac myself), lavender essence on my pillow at night for sleep and candula oil for my skin.  I take about 1000mgs of garlic capsules per 24hrs to help with infection WCC are still normal Day 10 test (Day 12 tonight).

I am keen to keep going with alternative ideas to help.

A

x

So far so good then A, will get some garlic as that’s a good result …
Me too , I smoked and drank a lot and ate loads of cheese before this - ( basically 2 weeks ago) and have now seen the error of my ways .
I’m rubbish at excise so I need to fight with everything else …
and it keeps me focused on a positive thing xxx

zena:  I have now received all the pathology reports for my tumour and they were interesting reading.

I was encouraged to read that there were “calcifications” where areas of cancer cells had died.  But who knows when that had happened, it is nice to think that as it was quite small (16mm) and hadn’t reached lymph nodes that for some reason this had happened when is was a grade 3 IBC…

A

xx

Dear A
That’s good news - I wonder if it was the effects of co ? What’s your gut feeling about it ?
Does any of your treatment possibly do that too ?
Very pleased no nodes for you . I have had more nodes found after MRI … so ct and bone scan results next week… bit worried but still taking it so feel it can’t hurt anyway …
thank you for the up date
Z xxx

Hi Zena,

The fact I had a very aggressive and fast growing tumour (in places) that had started to die off in places and I had begun “No” medical treatment prior to the Lumpectomy, my gut feeling is alternatives helped.  But I am aware that my own body could have produced an immunity …

A

xx

Hello, I am a newbie to the forum and to breast cancer. I am 52 and was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and am keen to find out complimentary or alternatives to conventional treatments currently offered. Particularly the use of cannabis CBD oil. It is really difficult to source or that may just be my experience so far. It seems such a minefield. Would welcome any advice or info from people that have or are using it. Research suggests positive results with no side effects. Just that it is illegal or is that just the THC variety?

I dont as yet have full info on my cancer except that it is grade 2 and 8mm. I have surgery next week and am terrified. All of this is such a horrible waiting game that it makes sense if I could do something to help my body combat the cancer and at least improve my well being. Any advice would be most welcome. I have had and still have very dark days and feel that this is something positive that I could do for myself if only I could source it. Thank you ladies.

Hi Butterfly,
Well at 8 mms & grade 2, it sounds like it’s been caught early. Mine was 7mms grade 2 & removed by wide local excision in day surgery, it was all quite straightforward. As ever, getting diagnosed is a shock & the anxiety beforehand is always worse than the reality.
If you want to do, do along to the ‘newly diagnosed’ board where there are other ladies where you are now, as well
as those of us further down the road & out the other side.
Please be assured that treatment for bc is excellent now, with most of us going onto make a full recovery & surgery & conventional treatment is the best we have in getting it dealt with.
take care & hugs
ann x

Hi my dad has got terminal stomach cancer and been looking into alternative therapies cannabis oil being one of them bit struggling to find where to get it from . Contemplated making it myself but seems hard and scared i get it wrong! Did you find it easy to get hold of from a reputable person x many thanks Louise x

Hi
I’m taking CBD oil, very little THC and higher CBD content.
I found it very helpful, helps with neuropathy symptoms and calms the mind.
I’m taking supplements, juicing celery, Parsley and strawberries. I do feel much better.

Hi ladies, I was taking can_nabis oil for 3 months, but my cancer still spread. I was also on chemo. You have to take cannabis oil with thc and cbd. Someone makes the thc oil and you buy the cbd oil they both cost £150 each. Very expensive. Apparently it takes at least 3 months to get in your system, so maybe I wasn’t taking it long enough. Some people swear by it. I stopped taking it because I’m not good at taking tablets and my husband put the thc into capsules for me, but they were making me sick in the end. It tastes disgusting lol. I have secondary bc with bone, liver and omental layer mets, so anything is worth a try. Hope this helps. Good luck ladies???xx _