Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIM supplement - any users?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: DIM supplement - any users?

Hi Lvp84

My experience with DIM was very positive, as a practitioner, I could not heal myself, so I was under a medical herbalist who had breast cancer. She recommended I take DIM in the morning on an empty stomach. I did this every morning especially morning of chemo.

DIM protected my liver and gut from the effects of chemotherapy. 
I continued to take it alongside glutathione, an antioxidant which also

protects the liver and gut from the side effects of chemo. 
Hope that helps. 

Highlighted

Hey,

yes absolutely, would love to hear from you re your DIM supplement experience. 

thanks

lara 

Highlighted

Hi 
If you need any advice regarding DIM, do let me know. I’m a masters qualified Nutritional therapist who has had breast cancer. 
Best to take advice from people who are qualified and who have also gone through cancer treatments. 

Take care 

Highlighted

Hi,
It wouldn't surprise me if DIM showed potential anti-cancer benefit as it is found in cruciferous vegetables, which along with the allium family of veg are generally found to be the most potent vegetables.

A quick pubmed search revealed that there are studies involving them both, but as is often the case most say further research is needed to confirm findings, determine safety, mechanisms etc. This study is a good review of natural compounds, including dim: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5846366/

Highlighted

Hi Lvp 

I took Dim when I was diagnosed in 2018. 
I was seeing a holistic Dr who recommended it to me, the studies suggest it can cause cell death in cancerous cells. 
I have not seen any studies re dim and tamoxifen. 

Highlighted

DIM supplement - any users?

Hi guys,

DIM is mentioned a lot on US cancer sites, with some clinical studies done suggesting it has similar effects as Tamoxifen in blocking bad estrogen. I searched this site but haven’t found anything recent, why is this not discussed more in the UK?! Seems like a big one, particularly with all the bad side effects of Tamoxifen. Anybody taking DIM? or taking it alongside Tamoxifen? Be really interested to hear from you.

thanks