Ginseng

Hi all,

anyone out out there tried Ginseng to help with fatigue? :slight_smile:

Hi anxious soul

Depending on what type of ginseng you are referring too. 

Siberian ginseng is an adaptagenic, it regulates cortisol and adrenaline. Fatigue can be caused by too much of these Steroid/hormones being released. 

Othet types of ginseng include, panax, American and Korean. These are all stimulants. 

Ok for short term use, but not long term. 

Hope that helps. 

Take care 

Hi Anxious-Soul

I previously tried Korean Ginseng with multi vitamins to combat Post Viral Fatigue and I am sure it was instrumental in my recovery back then.  Now that I am facing Cancer and the treatments I am terrified of getting that awful debilitating fatigue again and so I am already taking the KG multi vitamin supplement.  I am new here, so don’t know if I can mention brand name? But I did try one that did not seem to help, so researched and checked reviews before choosing the one that I swear by and have continued to take any time I have felt run down or know my daily diet is not as good as it should have been.  I’d say check with your clinical team, but for fatigue it does work.  It is not an instant cure though, I was on about my 3rd pack before I noticed results.

Good luck :wink:

yes, using ginseng is a promising treatment for fatigue. Both Red and Black ginseng may be viable treatments for fatigue in people with chronic illness. Because of ginseng’s widespread use, a critical need exists for continued research that is methodologically stronger and that includes more diverse samples before ginseng is adopted as a standard treatment option for fatigue.