Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New study on Curcumin

3 REPLIES 3
monicanatura

Re: New study on Curcumin

Hi 

Apologies I don’t post on here very often, I just read your concerns re curcumin. 
There are many studies re curcumin for the use in recovery of cancer treatments. I took curcumin throughout treatment in 2018, I was discharged from treatment in early 2019, given the all clear and told I did not need to return for any check ups. 
I still take curcumin every day, I only stopped when I had my breast reconstruction. The surgeons confirmed I had healthy vital tissue and my recovery post surgery was speedy. They asked me what I had been doing to keep my immune system strong, I confirmed I had been taking curcumin, medicinal mushrooms and vitamin D. The surgeons were very encouraging in my supplement and nutritional protocol and commented to continue on what I was doing. 
It’s a personal choice whether you want to be pro active in taking care of yourself when recovering from cancer treatments. 
I am blessed in the fact I am a qualified registered nutritional therapist, I had the knowledge and the skills to know how to recover. 
As I said I don’t post as often on here, I am currently undertaking a doctorate in the nutritional management of thyroid disorders.

OliveFox

I also don’t like the taste of curcumin. But I heard that it helps in weight loss and it regulates metabolism. It would be interesting to find fout more about the benefits of this spice. I tried curcumin, and it helped my digestive system and my metabolism. Still, I don’t like the taste. I just order capsules online to avoid adding this spice to my food or drinks. However, I never heard that curcumin can help cure or prevent any type of cancer. Obviously, there are speculations that different products might cause or prevent cancer. But, I prefer to verify this information and wether it's from a reliable source.

lobbyman

I hate this spice. But my mother always drinks her coffee with one teaspoon of curcumin

monicanatura

New study on Curcumin

Hi

A new study has just been published, regarding Curcumin one of the active ingredients in Tumeric, being used for the treatment of cancer. 
Iv pasted the study below, it was published in the journal of Nutrients. 

Curcumin, a component in turmeric could be an effective drug for cancer therapy, according to a new study in the Nutrients journal.

The evidence suggests that the component could help reduce the inflammatory pathways that play a role in cancer development.

Researchers looked at 12,595 studies on Curcumin dating back to 1924 and found that 37% of the papers listed cancer as the major targeted disease.

Though these papers findings look positive for supporting the treatment of cancer, no major study has been carried out on humans using Curcumin.

Scientists hope this most recent study could trigger a large study on humans.