cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Cancer Alone

204 REPLIES 204
delly

Re: Facing Cancer Alone

@Guest user  - Poppy, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted what you said and the vein in which it was said or meant. I hope you can forgive me. X❤️

delly

@Xena - Yeh, I understood that about the purpose of the Spam Folder. I just didn't know the "safest" way to get rid of the offending one. Didn't want to click on it and set off a ticking bomb!!! Am having all sorts of weird goings on xXx
Xena

Your spam folder is the email equivalent of a kitchen sink drain catcher.

If you think of it like that, it describes what it does - stop all the nasties going down the drain and clogging it all up, but gives you the chance to fish out the odd thing that you pour down the sink by mistake.

Clear it out every so often, just check you haven’t got anything in there that ought to be in your inbox first. Check “empty folder” then go to your deleted items and delete all.

Keeping your emails in good order frees up space x

Silver6

Hi Xena and Delly,

I don't know about anyone else, but I found that exchange on this Thread about scammers really informative, so thank you!

Silver6

delly

@Xena  - Okay. Thanks, sweetie. Much appreciated ❤️

Xena

You just delete it @delly 

delly

@Xena  - Oooo, thanks for replying, sweetheart. It won't bring up the senders email address, with it being in the Spam box. The $ are asked for via Bitcoin, with an actual "Wallet" address given!

Yes, all the grammar and spelling is good/correct. 

I looked into the Action Fraud site, but they say not bother sending details of rogue emails, if they're in your Spam box.

Ahh, that's good to know my security is working okay. Where the Flipp they get my email from??

Yes, I'll have a look at the latest "Phishing".  ** How do I SAFELY get rid of it from the Spam box, Xena?? **   Thanks   X❤️X

Xena

@delly pS there’s a reason it’s in your spam folder. That’s because it’s from an unknown sender and your firewall is working to protect you.

shows your virus checkers are working well.

rule of thumb, only take stuff out of your spam folder if you’re expecting it

Xena

@delly 

Ok first of all, where is the email from? If you hover your cursor over the email sender it’ll show the whole email address. Bet it’s not from a verified sender.

second, check phishing - just stick the word phishing into your Google or search engine, it’ll come up with the most common scams going around at the moment.

is the email spelled correctly? Grammar? Most phishing scams are written by bots and don’t hang together very well 

last - they’re asking for dollars. That’s a nuh-nah Nope. And they’ve apparently been chasing this from last August but only got to you now? Nuh-uh 

sounds totally bollocks

delly

@Xena  - Hi lovey. 

Could I possibly pick your brains, as you're super Techy. I need some advice, as it's got me worried.

I've received a very "threatening" Spam email, that I've been HACKED!!! Are threatening to "expose" all sorts - not that I've much to expose. That they got my email details from a particular site I'd logged into??  But I'm more worried about whether they'll be able to, or in fact already HAVE accessed banking details etc. They are DEMANDING $1700!!!! Telling me, they've had access to my details since last August. I also subscribe to Equimax, for keeping credit details in check.

I subscribe to Norton for my security. Am not as yet able to get through to them.

I'm seriously wondering if to look into "ACTION FRAUD", see if I can report it to them and they be able to do anything about it. I had to contact them last year after receiving a number of Scam phone calls on my landline. Ended up having to change my number.

All this kind of stuff, is exactly WHY I don't subscribe to any of the Social Network sites.

Would you have any advice to give me, Xena, what to do??  Delly X❤️X

delly

I MUST firstly, APOLOGISE to POPPY, for my response on another thread.

SORRY Poppy, I was being rather sensitive about having NO boobs.

delly_1-1649621798536.jpeg

@Caryl  - Our @Xena  is in the South. Bit further down than you, on the SE coast.

Yeh, Macclesfield - famed for something as important as Silk, imagine that?! Gives this little unknown town some Gravitas, if that's the right word!

Hope your Mole avoids being punished ?

Lotsa lurrrv to you ALL  X❤️X

Caryl

I think I have just posted a blank reply! How daft!

my mole has moved on, probably only temporarily but he’s giving the grass a chance to grow at the moment. 

i am in Norfolk near Norwich, so rather a long way from all of you in the north. Lovely countryside around here and only about 20 miles from the sea. 

i didn’t realise Macclesfield was a centre for silk - this area was all about worsted and dying. Norwich shawls are amazing. 

Hope you are all doing well!

Caryl xx 

Caryl

delly

@Silver6  - Snitch??  HUH, I had you sussed from the start girl! Post surgery "Irritation" my boob indeed!!!😝

Leg's doing well, taa lovey. It's in an area they would never be able to put in a cast, anyway, NOT hip. I've badly bruised my Ischial Protruberance (there!!) and pulled a ligament. I'm more concerned about your poor fox!! 

Yes, I'm living in an old silkworm town. Yes, your visit to such in Taiwan is why I find it soo fascinating that this was going on here, in this little town in Britain!! And another Yes, it was also "spun" here in the purposely set up mills for. Some lovely old Mill buildings have been converted to flats. N. Manchester is full of cotton mills, whereas here it's blummin silk!! There's a working museum, that it's taken me 8-9yrs since moving here to visit. 

I had an idea you were Glasgow area. Think you said something about you're ejecting water into the Clyde. Ahhh, and Ohhh, Glasgey! I had a wonderful 6 days cultural break there. Had soooo longed to go since at school and Art/History of Art A level. A huge lover of Rennie Mackintosh, wife, and whole Art n Crafts movement. Hill House, at Helensborough was the total icing. We also went to the Burrell - WOW, what an amazing fella to collect and set all that up. Philanthropic and Humbling or what!! Yeh, Glasgow has its crappy parts, but I was totally blown away with it. Plus, its underground system - all made our break that much more easier. LOVED IT.

@Guest user - Forgive my STRAIGHT talking to you, but you could have done to have been a little more "sensitive" in your response, Ref the "bra" thread, darlin. Yeh? Your response on it left me wishing I hadn't made any reference to "this" thread in it. Not EVERYone else feels the same way that YOU do, about their boobs situation. So please bear that in mind, Poppy. 

Otherwise, Lotsa Lurrrv to YOU and EVERYONE else,  Dellypoos xX❤️Xx   

Silver6

Hi Blue Birds and Delly the snitch!

Yes would you believe it our friend Delly let it out of the bag that I've been going topless because of the post surgery irritation, so now my reputation on another thread has gone into free fall! Lol

Sorry to hear about your knees Caryl, as though you didn't have enough on your plate!. I sympathise with your Mole, we have a Fox who is trying to take up residence in our back garden and continually digs for worms in the middle of the lawn. I look out the window and run out waving my arms and shaking my fist but it sits looking at me as though I am mad! I retreat and grab a washing line pole and charge like Lancelot at it and only then does it retreat! I'm then left with a lawn looking like a putting green!

Delly delly delly, what are you like, get that hip xrayed, you could have a fracture!

Your local area sounds lovely, how interesting about the Silk Worms and the Legacy left to the local community.

We visited a Silk Worm Farm in Tawain, followed by seeing spinning into Silk, then ladies thrust the finished product into the air before it falls lying without a single wrinkle on the fabric, fascinating!

Delly, I am in Scotland, Glasgow to be precise near a Country Estate donated by a wealthy family to Glaswegians, so lots of nice leafy green walks and wild life, quite similar then to your area Delly, but since retirement we 'travel' for months at a time, but of course Covid put a stop to that and now Cancer, the dreaded two C's.

Silver6

delly

Hi @Xena  - So has it all been "signed and sealed" then??  xXx

Xena

I have today sold my house, woohoo!!

as well as temporarily feeling extremely rich, it means I’m that little bit closer to m end goal. What with juggling three houses - the one selling, the one renting, the one buying - and sorting the finance, a rogue buyer a couple of rubbish solicitors (not mine thank god) an awol estate agent and a seller not fit to sell, it’s been a very long 8 months. Can’t wait to see the end of it!

delly

@Caryl  - Helloooo, flower.  Umph on your knees, lovey. Puts my "temporary" disability into perspective. It's tons better today, though.

On the Mole - You could do to train it, so it's restricted to turning over your beds for you, without uprooting your plants and flowers that is! 

Another "Crafty" lady hey. What do you make, Caryl??

Have just been out to feed my bird friends. Yes, it IS warmer again today. I had to chuckle at reading our @Silver6's post on another thread, about "Bra's" of all things! She of TOPLESS fame on here!!! I've told 'em not to take any notice 😝 

Whereabouts are you in the country, Caryl??

I'm in Macclesfield, just S of Manchester, directly on the borders of beautiful Cheshire and Derbyshire. lovely countryside within 15-20 mins walk from my door. The town has quite an interesting history, being famous for it's silk production many years ago, all due to it's climate being perfect for growing Mulberry leaves to feed the silkworms on. They even built a canal to barge the silk down to Liverpool and out to sea. One of the wealthy mill owners, who was also a great Philanthropist, built a large School in the centre of the town. A lovely old stone brick building that's now very much the centre of the Macclesfield universe, in that its assembly hall doubles up for use of regular classical concerts and houses a Cinema system. Has a restaurant n bar with areas for local artists/trades people to sell their wares, and the classrooms are used for various night school classes. So the whole of it is put to good use.   

I forget where "Topless" Queen @Silver6 is in the country, or don't know if you actually said, Silver??

Am just off out for a bit of a walk down the road to BnQ. See if they sell liquid Ericaceous food - no it's not part of my diet! My lovely elderly neighbours Camellia is looking a bit unhealthy leaf wise, and another garden knowledgable neighbour (I call her Charlie Dimmock!) has recommended it. So it's an excuse to get out. 

Lots of Love to Everyone,  Dellywelly xX❤️Xx    

Caryl

Hi Delly

really sorry your keg is still bad. Both mine are bad do I can empathise. Waiting for  new knees. 

just got home to find a mole has got lost under my garden. Mole hills all over the place little b*ggers. Currently sitting in the sun with my back to the mess!

I definitely want to see @CumbrianLady wall hangings. I’m into textile type craft but a bit lazy. I do like looking at what other people do!

love to you all xx

delly

Hi Booby Birds

Am still hampered and restricted with this leg. Have found it exhausting, as it throws all the rest of your body out with walking awkwardly to compensate. But is feeling better again today. I keep giving the area a good massage with Arnica cream.

I'm itching to get out somewhere further than the corner shop, cinema especially. Want to see "Duke" whilst it's back on for another couple of showings. Have read so many good reviews of it. Any of you seen it??

@Guest user

@Silver6  - How are you-hoo now?? Still getting better, I hope?

@Xena and @Caryl  - Hope you're both okay? Hope all's going through on the house sale Xena?

Lot's of Love to Everyone,  Doolally  xX❤️Xx 

delly

@Guest user

delly

@Silver6  - Hi. Thanks, but I'm not talking about "working" abroad as such. Just a "volunteering" holiday around animals.  Well flippin 'eck, woman, we finally get to hear bout your M. day. Corrr, all sounded ab-fab lovely and totally spoiling!! 🤗 Great stuff x❤️

delly

Can't remember now (🤔), if I also mentioned it on this thread, at the time of listening to and mentioning on another. Any of You ever listened to anything of Craig Armstrong's music? He's famous for his film music - Love Actually, Romeo & Juliet, etc. I ordered and received one of his cds recently, and it took me away. "Sun on You", Relaxing piano and orchestral pieces. Sooo beautiful, it made me all weepy! But don't let that put you off.

Craig Armstrong, ladies. Have a listen to.  Loadsa lurrrrv,  Dellypoos X❤️X   

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi @delly 

Apparently satisfactory is a standard word they use (I asked my breast care nurse) depending on the reader of your mammogram or something like that.
Delly the seagull was so funny, he travelled home in the foot well of my car covered by my fleece jacket to keep him calm.
Once home I filled a large bowl with water, put some cat food down for him, which he scoffed. I put him in one of the outbuildings which he went to sleep in, more food later a paddle in the bowl - then bedding downtime for the night. More or less the same the next day, but he could by then fly up onto the barn and then the house roof (so I knew he was feeling stronger) After breakfast on the 3rd day he saw and heard a large flock of seagulls flying over - up onto the roof for a few seconds, then he was gone, off with his comrades, leaving me to swill down the outhouse and yard (seagulls poo a lot)😁

Have a good evening everyone.
Poppy xx

Silver6

Hi Blue Birds,

As you say, 'Satisfactory' is such an odd thing to say, I'd ask your Doctor to clarify exactly what that mean, as it sounds so wishy washy.  Anyway, it does sound much more on the positive side of things than negative which is great!

Xena, I'd be stressing out with all the mental and financial juggling you must be dealing with owning 3 houses! Let's hope the matter gets resolved ASAP and then you will feel rich with all the 'spare' cash!

Delly - I think working abroad whilst experiencing a new Culture is an excellent idea!  Have you considered investing in a couple of TEFL Courses ie Teaching English as a Foreign Language and the TEFL English Grammer Course that makes you one grade above other TEFL Teachers?

They aren't that expensive, and some can be completed over a few weekends. They can lead to jobs in Language schools anywhere in the World, AND you can make additional money by offering private tuition. 

Since you keep asking Delly, my Mother's Day was a really nice sunny day. I stopped having an actual Birthday when I turned 50, telling my family in future no more birthdays! Mother's Day is my personal 'Special Day' and it works! Stops aging in its tracks. Lol.

So Mother's Day is BIG in my Family. This year, given my recent surgery and Breast Infection plus Pneumonia, I didn't want to catch Covid visiting a restaurant/hotel. All the family took Covid Tests prior to visiting arriving with prepared food for a buffet lunch. Tables and chairs were quickly set up in the garden, and my d.i.ls arranged entertainment and games for the grandchildren, including a Hoola Hoop competition! It was joyous to watch, music was provided by my eldest granddaughter on her violin, whilst another played her guitar with everyone singing along. Unfortunately my daughter and her husband were unable to come from France, but she Skyped and arranged delivery of a House of Bruar Hamper filled with Pates; Cheeses; Pickles; Crackers; a Jam Tree and a bottle of delicious Raspberry Gin Liquor! One son & Family brought me a Bouquet of purple/white flowers plus Champagne; whilst another son & Family an enormous basket of Flowering Plants and handmade chocolates and finally another set up an Audible Books Account for me.  My Grandchildren provided lots of Arts and Crafts they had made, so I felt thoroughly spoilt! And that, was my Mother's Day Delly. Lol.

Silver

delly

Good Morning ALL

Yes, "satisfactory" IS rather a strange word to use.

I'm somewhat frustratingly restricted with this leg at the mo'. Can't do much else 'cept sit here and annoy you all, so tough boobies! 😝  Although, it IS feeling a lot better again today, in that I'm now managing to hobble around the house sometimes withOUT my trusty pole. Lay on my bed this morn, doing some leg and groin s  t  r  e  t  c  h  ing exercises. Glad nobody could see me, as I must have looked like I was practicing for a few "new" inventive Kama Sutra positions!!! (Forgive my naughty humour!)

What a brill idea of someone to form a group, so a bit of a social get together as well, whilst doing some good, necessary work. I used to sail, when my Uncle had a boat. Often off the West coast of Scotland and around the Isles - beautiful quiet secluded beaches. It used to shock me the amount of rubbish washed up on them, some of it sizeable and surprising objects you would NOT expect to see. This was 30 odd years ago now, too. Some of these beaches inaccessible by ferries, so not down to people directly dropping it on the beaches. Just simply from what inconsiderate people used to just chuck in the sea from their boats, obviously thinking, "Oh it's okay, it'll just sink to the bottom and stay there"! The big container ships often the worst, dumping big plastic bottle crates and all sorts, that eventually got washed up. Ignoramouses. Another Delly "Grrrrrrr".  

I loved to hear about your Seagull rescue, though ❤️ What a lovely thing to be able to do.

I had a little check into the Voluntary help animals/marine life, last night. Last time I did was nearly 20yrs ago, ref spending a couple of weeks helping on whale research boat. Golly, there's a whole lot more oppos now, it's quite dizzying, but also heartwarming that so much more is available now and being done for such causes. Had a thought after dipping into, that I have to watch myself in hot climates, as I can't tolerate heat very well since menopause, so perhaps I ought to look at volunteering in the Polar regions!! Oh but helping the likes of orphaned Elephants? Eeee, it would be a dreeam to do. Another ❤️   

@Silver6 - I hope you are feeling still better again today, chest cough wise, and all else nasty you've been having to cope with. I'm giving up asking about how your Mothers Day was(?) and what you ended up doing for it? But hope you had an enjoyable day whatever you did. Have I "guilted" you into telling us YET?!!! Persistent little blighter, aren't I? 😝

@Xena  - I sooo Hope all is still moving forward with the house sale. 🤞

@Caryl  - How are you, lovey? Hope all's okay with you too.

Am Poppying off now and give you some peace. Need to go refill hanging bird feeders, as the neighbour's cats keep prowling poor unsuspecting birdies with me feeding just at ground level. Lots of love ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi @delly 

Yes. sorry Delly the results came back as satisfactory, my friend who I met in the hospital also got hers on the same day once again 'satisfactory' strange word to use, but I/we will take it I expect that's about as good as it gets at this stage?

Been around turning the heating down, so warm clothes, and hot water bottles are the order of the day never known things to be so out of control in this Country hope we get some warm weather soon.
Going to have a shower as I have been hosing down the drive and my feet are freezing mug of soup first though.
Helping on a beach clean up on Thursday, lunch provided😁 I never find anything unusual I belong to a beach group on Facebook some of the things other people find are amazing - I did bring a young seagull back once, fed it for a few days as it was so weak, once stronger it joined a flock of seagulls flying over...

Catch one and all laters have a good afternoon blue boobies.

Poppy xx

delly

@Silver6  - Hi Olympia of new outdoor lounger set! There's a "time out" factor with posting, so if you go off and do something part way through one, yes you're likely to lose it. But often a grey box appears above the box you are posting in, that says Load or Discard. If you click on Load, it'll download all or some of what you've typed in. 

The other thing to do, if you're tend to take a while to complete, is to open  a page in Word and type your post in that. Then when you've finished, go over to the Forum thread, click on the "Reply" box to open it, then "Copy and Paste" your Word post/letter into the "opened" Forum REPLY box.

It isn't my "ankle", Silver! It's a badly pulled muscle/tendon at top inner thigh that's been preventing me putting my full weight on that leg. But it's getting easier all the time. If anything's fractured, it'll be my boney left buttock bone!!😆 Have no a**se left these days. Need to get back to climbing hills!  Hasn't come up in bruise yet, but was only Saturday.

Awww, glad you've treated yourself to something nice, for WHEN? the weather is nice. It all sounds very tasteful. You'll have to post a topless piccie on new lounger. Oh, but you said your skin sensitivity has greatly lessened, so you don't have such an excuse to readily take your top off now, do you? 😆 Though from you telling us of your holiday "exposure", it doesn't sound like you need one anyway!!  Mmmm, doesn't that make you wonder if it was all down to the underlying infection building or "brewing" up? Certainly explains it all to me, kept suspecting such may have been causing your ultra sensitivity and needing checking, I'm afraid. You haven't said what you're surgeon had to say about it all.

Neither have you yet said what you did on Mother's day??? 

Have just said this on another thread, I'm watching Animal Cops. The vets have just been examining a dog that been used in a Pitbull Fighting Club, as BAIT, or TO bait the fighting dogs!! Full of old bites wounds and quite severely deformed legs, again from being savaged. Breaks my heart and makes me sick what some people do to animals. The lowest of low humans. They should throw such people into a pit bull ring NAKED!!! See how they cope with having their delicates bitten!! Grrrrr 😖

Ps.   Silver -  What are you doing with your old garden set? Giving them to charity or something?

xX❤️Xx 

Silver6

Oh I do wish they would improve this site, I keep losing my message when I'm halfway through and there is no Draft facility as a backup!  Anyway, thank you Xena for your generous offer of IT assistance, however right now I'm finding concentrating difficult as my head is full of 'stuff' but perhaps I may take you up on your offer at a later time?

Hi Delly, I do think you should get that ankle xrayed, it could be a small fracture.

Hi Poppy, how are you, any news on your Scan? I so hate waiting on results hope you get yours ASAP. How is your Garden looking? Daffys all out in full bloom? What about your Tulips? Last weekends glorious sunshine brought outxa lot of flowers, however it's been freezingcsincecwith occasional flourishes of snow, so the Tulips are looking pretty sad already.

Well having been told no holiday in the sun for me until the autumn, I decided since our existing white plastic sunbeds have definately seen better days, I just had to replace them before the sun's next appearance (Whose that laughing at this optomist?). I went on line this morning and have bought a 6 piece garden set - 2 barrel shaped wicker type chairs with glass topped table plus the matching two wicker type sun beds with similar table, all with cream cushions to match existing benchs and chairs. Hubby said "Delivery is estimated as Friday? Oh thank goodness the new furniture will be on the Decking before the heatwave arrives this weekend!" Sooooo sarcastic! Lol.

delly

@Guest user - Hi, I've just checked back through all the posts, to your mammo day. No results mentioned

delly

Morning ALL. My apologies. Forgot to post tis earlier, went off to do something 🙄

@Xena  - Aww, that's so good of you to offer to help @Silver6  out. My fall? No I wasn't dizzy, just went over on an exposed tree root, walking up a planted embankment to look at some pretty flowers I'd not seen before. Hands were carrying two heavyish bags. Should or could have put them down. Saga, Yeh you go for it, if it's a very special treat, you deserve it. I might have a look at "Solo's" singles hols. 

Oooo, that IS good news on your Durham house, another reason to celebrate with a special hol.

@Guest user  - ?

Well, all's been busy in Delly Attenboroughs garden restaurant this morning, with replenished supplies to nibble, or in the case of two big fat pigeons, to "pig out" on. Keep chasing them off to allow the little 'uns a chance. Need to get my hanging feeders filled, so they can feed without fatty pigeons pinching it. 3 squirrels nibbling their nuts again, pea-"nuts" that is 😆  i purposely sprinkle some food directly in front of the patio windows, so that they come close for viewing.

It's grey and cold here today, so may just visit warmer climes on the I/net, keep exploring holiday options for a couple of hours.

@Silver6 and @Caryl - Hope you're both okay. Silver, so I know where or WHO to go to if I ever need a bodyguard! Rufty-Tufty lady!😉

xX❤️Xx

Xena

@Silver6 I would absolutely be up for talking you through some stuff if you ever wanted to. Video chat works great for that, if you can do that? Or I can send you step by step instructions to do that 😃 I used to find with writing guidance, so many people start halfway through because to them the first steps are so obvious they forget them - but when you’re starting out that’s no use! Gaining confidence helps too. Definitely a genuine offer x

@delly  no they aren’t cheap! But I figure maybe for a trip of a lifetime kind of holiday I might splurge. If I can afford one 🤣 I might just have to go back to work, tbf that’s not the most awful prospect.

ladies I am hopefully, at last, going to complete on my house this week - the one back in Durham. I moved out at the beginning of December as the house was sold, only to find that fell through and I had to start again! What a palaver - and the estate agent no longer has n agent in the area. So it’s all been a bit of a royal pain. Paying bills on two houses and juggling three is doing my nut in, I cannot wait to be sorted and ensconced in my new house and settled! Bring it!!

delly

Hi again Booby Birds.  Hope you've all had a good day.

Well, mine has been better, since I found an extension pole this morning, I used to use with a roller to decorate ceilings. Has become a very handy "walking" pole, and enabled me to get around more easily in the house, rather than have to grip onto anything with both hands, in order to shuffle myself around. It even helped me to slowly and carefully walk down to my little shop to pick up a paper and milk. All the extra movement is greatly helping to increase the mobility. A friend suggested having a soak in the bath, but I would NOT be able to get IN, let alone get OUT again!!!

Have just managed to cook a tasty meal - roast chicken, with a large tray of roasted red peppers, red onions, little potatoes, big chunks of carrot, in Olive oil with loadsa Garlic and "Basil" (always makes me think of Faulty Towers!😆) Yummeee. And ate whilst watching "Dynasties", with a glass of red.  Beeeautiful Cheetahs hey?

I love to eat the veges cold too, so plenty extra to go at over the next two days😋 Now just watching the inimatable Vicki Woods - what a pleasure. Saw her live twice, here in M/C - felt it such a privilege.

@Xena  - I had a look at "some" of the Saga hols. Hellishly expensive!!! May just go back to looking at the volunteer work as to what destinations available, as it was be good to feel I could be of some help at the same time. Or just look at cheapy flights and a do it myself to Italy or such. Am sending you another email.

Byeee girlies.   xX❤️Xx  

delly

@Silver6  - Hey girl, good to see yer and glad to hear the oozing's subsided. Do you have another appointment booked to see surgeon for a check-up to make sure all's okay with your wound this time? Or a contact no. to call if problems, as you're saying the wound site hasn't yet healed together?? Did he have to open the skin again to allow the infection to drain (ooze), then put some new stitches in? Someone should still be keeping an eye on it for you, really.

Well, I walked into town around 6 for a few bits (mostly birdfood!!) and a walk (am trying to build up slowly). Ended up with two heavyish bags to carry back. I walked up a slight embankment slope next to the pavement, to look at a pretty flowering climbing plant. Lost my footing on some exposed tree roots, fell backwards full weight on my left boney buttock. Am lying flat on my back on the pavement with shopping spilled (thankfully wine bottle still in tact😆). Car pulled up and it was one of my neighbours, who was just about to pass when he saw me fall backwards. I struggled to get up. Did, but cannot put any weight on my left leg. He very kindly loaded up my bags n helped me into the car and out again at the house. Have very badly pulled, hoping not torn, the ligament at the very top of my inner thigh, going into my crotch. Is so painful moving around. I keep gently exercising/stretching it when sat down, but still not able to move around unless I have something to put my weight on with both hands!! Not much meat on my bum either, so expecting a nice bruise from how it feels sat on it so far. Ah, just remembered, I've got some Arnica cream in my well stocked med box 😊

Damn, b***ry bo***x!! Just when I've got my hand sorted from dog bites too. I so hope it's easier tomorrow. AND that it's not No 2 out of a 3rd. Have just taken some Paras and having a glass o red😋  I'll give it some deep massage when I go to bed, with some muscle balm.

Hope all the rest of you have had a GOOD day, though? What you others been up to?? 

Lots of love to you ALL,  DoollallynClumsyDelly!  xX❤️Xx  

Silver6

Hi Blue Birds

Oh Xena I need someone like you to resolve my IT issues! I keep asking for one of my offspring to show me how to do this or that, but its always "Can I do that on my next visit?" or if they actually tell/show me, I keep saying "slow down! Now explain again but in plain English!" I have a PC; Tablet; mobile phone and recently bought a new Laptop but I have issues with each!!! What I really need is a personal IT expert as a Lodger!

I think Saga Holidays look great, apparently they pick you up from your home and take care of you and your luggage until you reach your Hotel.  Only problem is we like to wander off the well worn Tourist Tracks and go on our own adventures, it has got us in some sticky situations, but muggers and the like totally under estimate this little Scottish Grandma at their peril and as a result have received a black eye or broken nose as I respond IMMEDIATELY and catch them totally unprepared! My husband is so used to my fast reflexes if cornered/challenged he is never phased by it, he usually laughs his head off at the retreating would be mugger holding his bleeding nose or injured eye. 

My Breast Infection has stopped oozing, but stitch area not fully closed back up yet, plus pneumonia has left me with a dreadful cough.  Oncologist has delayed RT for at least a further 3 weeks. good news is that dreadful irritation in my Surgery area is much improved. I was advised I shouldn't visit my daughter in France in May and absolutely no weekend breaks/holidays in the UK until at least end June following a period of recovery after RT has been completed.

Hope everyone is continuing to keep well, stay warm as winter gives us a final cold blast before hopefully  temps rise and stabilise!

Silver

delly

Hi @Xena  - I was just about to pop to say I ordered two of the Saga brochures. The World Wide one and the Med one. Again, thanks for that, and Yes, I've always heard good things about their hols, from a number of people. Plus, as you say, it'd be a change to be in with other like minded people. I'm going to have a look at the World ones on-line after this. How are you doing, flower??

Yeh, I'm still a bit old fashioned ref certain things techy wise. I like to have things to physically hold in my hand, books, cds, paper photos. It's interesting that vinyl LPs made a recent resurgence, as collectables. Plus you have to have the deck to play them on. I've noted more paper books are being sold again. And, they're advertising photo printers again, along with photo storage cases! All a novelty to young 'uns brought up on digital this n that.

Hope EVERY one else is okay too, and have a good weekend. Dellywelly xX❤️Xx 

Xena

Awww I am a massive fan of digital - my job before I took early retirement at 55 was as an IT project manager working on digital delivery and app. I can talk happily for hours about coding, APIs, microservices and other exci.. zzzzzzzz 🤣

@delly  I have my eye on those Borneo holidays they look mint.

delly

Hi everyone,

Hey @Xena  - What a brill idea on the Saga. Thanks for that, I must send for a brochure, as I'm still very much a paper brochure, cds, maps, paper photo's, books gal. Paid two bills yesterday by their automated phone systems a) because I feel safer divulging banking details. And b) because by the time I've brought the site up on computer, filled in banking details, computer glitches etc, it's often easier and quicker to do it by good old fashioned and SAFE "landline". So I'm not FOR those being removed either. Don't feel digital this, that and the other is reliable enough. 

One of my Delly "Crikey-Bobs" to your 3 houses!!! That's a lot to have to be dealing with, so Yeh, I BET you'll be glad to finally get it all sorted and be able to r e e l a a x. Hope it gets sorted out SOON for you, flower.

Back on the holiday theme, you've just reminded me. I still have my Mum's engagement ring she left me. I don't tend to wear rings much, unless they're simple and understated. Find they get in the way when doing practical things, so only wear them when going out somewhere spesh. This one's very lovely, but too ostentatious for me. I'd had the thought to sell it and use the proceedings to fund something special for myself, such as a very special holiday, which I know she'd approve of, rather than it sitting doing nothing in a box. So again Thanks, you've just jogged my memory. I did take it to my local jeweller, but was a bit shocked at his LOW offer, so I need to tour a few others, or find a better way to get the best price. Any suggestions on appreciated, Girls.

I've had a surprise and rare visit from Maurice and Marge, the Magpies in Delly's garden restaurant today. Magpies don't come in very often. But what interested me, was my own reaction and how much importance I/we can place on the old adages: "One for Sorrow, TWO for Joy . . . .etc". Yes, it was lovely to see just one (Maurice!), but I found myself suddenly "beaming" when he was joined by another (Marge!). Not just because it's a rare thing to see in the first place, but because of the "TWO for JOY" connection. Don't know whether to expect any OTHER joy it MAY be bringing, and whether there's a time limit to it? But I'm quite happy to just settle for it having produced a great big smile? 😊

@Guest user  - ??

@Silver6  - Lady Olympia. Are you feeling any better at all? Or are you still struggling with chest and ooozes? And what did you finally do on Mothers Day? Did you have a good one? Let us know how you ARE, lovey. (Yes, I know you told me in an email, but I'm sure everyone else wants to know too)

Sorry Girls, I've been rabbiting again 🙄 Hope EVERYone's okay and having a good day.

Lotsa lovey-dovey,  Dellywellydoodaah xX❤️Xx    

Xena

Saga do a trip to Borneo to see the orang-utans. My mum and dad went ages ago!

I’m toying with a Saga singles holiday now that I’m actually old enough. And they have a very good reputation for singles holidays. I’m just trying to get to the end of all my moving palaver so I can see what money I have left, if any! 
I moved here beginning of December am only renting til the end of May. My house sale in Durham went a little awry, as they do, and hopefully the end is now in sight with a second buyer. Just now I’m juggling three houses - my property up north, my rental, and my new house I’ll be moving into - and paying bills on two of them 🥺 I can’t wait to be at the end of it all and feel settled again! Feels like it’s been going on for months - which it has!

delly

@Silver6  - Well, you're finally here, Olympia! 😜 Thank You, sweetie, I'm doing much much better now thanks. Hand's healing well and feeling a lot more comfortable today, pain and movement wise.  I have all the gear for treating and dressing such, from when I used to be a Podiatrist. Plus know what infection signs to look out for. I feel a lot better generally today too. Think I definitely got a "chill" on top of shock, the tabs, jab and long tiring journey.

It didn't happen on the platform, was outside the station. I tried to contact the station Tuesday, to see if the lady member of staff could be given a message, to look out for the owner and tell him that unless he now muzzled the dog, I would be reporting it to the police. But it was a general no. for BR, not the station. Ohh Yes, the owner felt awful about it, was most apologetic. I hope he just takes it upon himself now to do something more. But I didn't/couldn't hang around, needed to get antiB's asap.

Yeh, ref the taxi, I asked the manager at Chester station who organised it due to the cancelled train (Grrrr 😠), if I could be taken straight home to Macc. But No, it had to be the ticket destination of Wilmslow! So it wasn't the taxi drivers fault, Silver! 

Anyway...... as I said, You haven't told us ANYthing about your Mother's Day in any of your posts since Sunday.  And how are YOU now?? Are your boob and chest clearing up well, and you able to breathe better? What did your surgeon have to say about it all, when you eventually got to see him? Did you mention anything to him about you having had ultra sensitive all the time since after your op??

@Caryl  - Ooooo, on the bra! Good that you've got one ordered. Hope it's comfortable and does the job for you. What's "all the stuff" you're involved with at the Norwich Cathedral? Cats, Yeh, I would sooo love another, but I'm not in the right place mentally, and it's a horrendously busy noisy road I'm living on here. I love 'em. Can I just ask, with you saying if you had to go through it again, you'd have a double mastectomy? Are you saying you'd be gung ho and "insist" on a double mast, to hopefully pre-empt any further boob occurrences? Or do you carry the gene??

@Xena  - Hey, that mid 60's YOUNG Dom lady is featured on the "First Dates" programme tonight, on More4. I'm going to watch it in a bit on the +1. 

Back on the animal theme, I'd love to go to do a couple of weeks volunteer work at one of animal sanctuaries in Africa. Or Borneo, where there's a large Orangutan sanctuary. Saw a programme years ago, with THE Julia Roberts, who spent some time there. She loved it, really bonded with one of the orphaned babies, and the island itself looks very interesting. Costa Rica was featured in the Wednesdays Mail. That looks really interesting too, both scenery and animal wise. Mind you, I might have to wear armour cladding on my arms!! Actually, I'd take antibiotics with me, just in case. I must set my mind on doing it, hey? Could do to get that bestseller written first and make my fortune, like whatsername, E.M. James has from her 50 Shades books!!! Or the other whatsername with Harry Potter!

Lots of love to you ALL, Booby Birds,   xX❤️Xx    

Silver6

OMGosh Delly!!!! I've just read of your horrendous experience on your return journey from your Uncle's funeral and,I just want to fling my arms around you and give you a BIG 🫂 (((HUG))).  Firstly, how are you feeling now? Secondly what about your hand, make sure to get it checked again as dogs have so much bacteria in their mouths.  What did the owner say? You should report it to the Police as BR usually have cctv on each platform and could have captured the whole incident. That was some journey back home, I can't believe the Taxi Driver refusing to drop you off at your home rather than the Railway Station, particularly under the circumstances. I hope you didn't tip him!

I wish him two simultaneously burst tyres and a long cold walk for assistance!

Silver

Caryl

Hi @delly

The oedema was there after both lots of surgery but went down and reappeared two months after RT.  Consultant says it is partly RT and partly the fact that the incision is nearly under my armpit.  I have another appointment in a couple of months but he says it will go down, and I think it is ... slowly. At least it isn't uncomfortable or painful at all.  Good news on the bra front as I have one on order which I think will help.  My problem is the opposite of yours!!!  I thought after surgery I would be lopsided but not in the way it's turned out.  I really think if I go through this again I am going to go for the double mastectomy.

I really empathise about the lack of family.  My brother-in-law lives next door but we don't have a great deal in common, although my nephew, in his 30s who has learning difficulties does huge amounts to help me.  Other than them and some cousins scattered around the country I am entirely on my own apart from an ancient aunt who I am fond of but even at 92 has all her marbles and issues orders periodically!

Good thing for cats I say!  The monsters and all the stuff I am involved with at Norwich Cathedral keep me going!

Love

Caryl x

delly

Good Morning Booby Birds

@Caryl  - When did your Oedema start, how long has it been there?? I'm aware you can have delayed tissue reactions, following rads, but 5 mnths ago now and it being blamed for the oedema appearing, just makes me question that?  xXx

@Xena  - Good for you, on the "dating site", girl.  Which did you join? Hope it reels Prince Charming in. If not Charming, then a Prince Kind, Funny and Generous?

Have to say, I haven't had a partner since 2004. Hasn't been because I didn't want one. Was because of the no boobs, and not feeling happy appearance wise. I joined Match.com  when I had had my first stages of reconstruction, it having given me a little lift and kick. Didn't start it until 2014 (was 55 then). It just kept being more and more delayed with other major life stuff/s**t happening so that was 7yrs later! after 06 and 07 masts. Exactly why I'd wanted "immediate" implant recon with both the masts, to get it all over and done in one go. But it didn't happen due to a miscommunication. I then fell off the horse with it, just before the 2nd op to replace the then desired sized expanders with the permanent silicon implants, as the surgeon cancelled a week before. Was rebooked for 3 wks later, but I'd gone into a massive mental dive with other stuff by then, so it STILL hasn't been completed. And I stopped using the Dating site too.

I was going to ask, how are you settling in, after your move? I do think family becomes that much more important as we mature in years. But especially if we've been through something like BC. My Mum was an absolute rock during both mine. Brother, who lived down South, didn't even call me once to see how I was! I later discovered he'd been going through dreadful mental probs/illness for quite some time, and it had been kept secret from Mum and I, so I didn't hold it against him. Unfortunately, Mum died a couple of years after my 2nd boob incidence, then my brother 2 yrs after that. Not having a partner, kids, or any other siblings, I miss family very much.

Yeh, "Thanks" on the Dogbite, sweetheart. The annoying thing was, that after I went back to the station from the  hospital, a lady staff member who was still there from when I'd arrived earlier in the day, saw my bandaged hand and asked what I'd done? Described the dog to me, and said it had happened to someone before!!! That the owner was regularly at the station meeting his girlfriend. Why the fffflipp didn't he say to me that it wasn't very friendly with strangers! Or, better still, keep it muzzled!

Anyway, it seems to be doing okay, and I'm feeling a lot better generally today. Sun's shining again too, so I'm doing a bit more house straightening/bashing, even if it's only an hour.

@Silver6- Pop on and let us know how you are.

@Guest user - Pops, did you tell us you'd had your results and I'd forgotten?? My memory's a bit weird at times these days.

Have a good day everyone,  xX❤️Xx     

Xena

I very cleverly got my diagnosis as we went into lockdown in March 2020. 
so I went from working full time and busy social life to screeching to a halt shielding. Then everything was cancelled too as they threw everything at covid treatments. Bit of a hairy time.

I’d say my energy levels are coming back up now - that’s two years down the line and six months after my final treatment. Although I’ve been happily divorced for 17 years now, I still hope to trip over a Prince Charming some day. I think he’s stuck in traffic at the moment. I’ve just joined a dating site actually now that I am settling having moved across the country.

I’m feeling good, looking healthy, menopause is being fairly kind my skin is still elastic and I haven’t shrivelled up like a prune so goddamit I’m getting out there again. 

@delly hope your hand is healing well, what a nasty experience x

Caryl

Hi @delly and @Guest user

its exactly a year since I discovered my tumour and I had surgery in early June. unfortunately I had to have another lot of surgery as he didn’t get all the margins, and then I had RT in October.  It actually didn’t worry me to be on my own during it all - I guess I am so used to it and I am lucky to have some good friends around,

I too want to see the wall hangings please!

Love to you all xx

delly

Had a flurry of snow here today. Didn't last long though, but flippin freeezing, so bikini's at the back of the wardrobe again 🤔

@Guest user  - Yes, there is always the possibility of it returning, but rather than live thinking "what if", which restricts your thinking and "living life", is better to condition your mind and to think "What if NOT" or "It may NEVER" - frees you up more. It does get better, I assure you. I had to go through it twice, only a year apart. I just think, "If it comes back, it comes back". I couldn't give a monkeys (s**t). But like yourself, I don't have any kids, and no other family left at all. So no "commitments" to be concerned about, but none of the support either.

So why did you not have a good birthday?? Did you not go out with your friends in the end or something?

@Xena  - You've got me intrigued on the "and those other dodgy habits of mine"?!! Perhaps you'd better "email" them to me, rather than post on here?!!

Nighty Nighty, Pyjamas Pyjamas girls.  Lots of love to you ALL, Doollally xX❤️Xx 

delly

@Caryl  - Hi lovely. I was popping back on to ask how you are, when you had you're surgery, are you also on your own? But you've just answered. t was me that pointed you over to this thread from another one. Which one? Dunno. Think I was telling you to have a look at Delly Bond, in my bikini pic!!😆 We may have been talking about reconstruction, perhaps? Or Lipo-filling??

I thought you'd had surgery more recently and your lymphoedema was from that. How long ago did you have it, and how long ago did you finish your radiotherapy?

And why do you say you don't think anyone would want you or you wouldn't want to live with anyone either? You're not saying because of your boob, are you? 

@Guest user  - Would you post some pics of your wall hangings on here.

Guest user
Not applicable

It's odd really going through the cancer treatment alone did not really worry me, I just did it NO alternative and all that.
I have to say facing life after all the treatment has finished is much harder - maybe because my energy levels are not what they were along with the 'knowing' even if not, trying to think about it, that the chances of it returning is always possible.

@Caryl  I have lived on my own for 15 years, I would never ever allow another man into my life, it took me ages to find myself after my long term partner of 27 years left, never realised how controlling he was until he left I guess you kid yourself (well I did) that everything is fine... the only male allowed to share my bed these days is my cat Mr Pumpkin😁
I enjoy my freedom, being allowed to just be me, wearing my t-shirts below my jumper line (I kid you not) my writing, my crafting being silly, as well as eating wine gums.

I know I started this thread about coping alone with cancer - but in all honesty, had we still been together I think I would have found it harder, at least when on your own you accept you have to get on with it, there is nothing more distressing than waiting/hoping your partner or whoever will know and understand your needs leaving you feeling hurt when it does not happen.

Love to one hope you all manage to get some sleep.

Poppy xx

Caryl

Good idea. I’m not sure how I found you now. I am alone and faced cancer alone last year. Now facing the bra fittings alone but frankly no one would want me and I don’t think I could live with anyone again!  Chit chat about boobies is my limit these days xx.  

delly

@Silver6  - Hi sweetie. You HAVEN'T said a dickey bird about how your Mothers Day went?? How was it and what did you do in the end??

How are you feeling now, ooze and cough wise? Golly, lost 2 stones? Is that just since your op?? Glad your Onco meet up went well. So sorry about your France trip being a no-no.  Did you call up your Surgeon? If so, what did he have to say?

Yes, I DID make my darlin Uncs funeral. I'd had a better "mental" day, the day before, so only decided to go the same morning! Ended up catching a speedy train down to Hereford, as my car wouldn't start. A slow roundabout journey from local station at Macc, would have got me there too late. So got myself to Wilmslow, 20 mins taxi away, for a direct line. Only took just under 2hrs. Lovely relaxing journey, able to enjoy the scenery which you can't do easily when driving, pleasant chats n giggles with actual people who didn't have noses stuck in their phones!! Church and Crem services and wake after were all lovely. We all sat outside in warm sunshine, more lovely.

But had fffflippin awful journey back. I went to catch a train back at 6pm, and there was a young guy standing with a dog on a lead. I said Hello, and asked if I could say Hello to his dog. Went to stroke it, and the blummin thing savaged my hand!☹️ Made a good job too, 4 deep puncture wounds. Because I have to be ultra, ultra careful with my arms and hands, not having ANY underarm nodes, therefore immuno suppressed/can't fight infection very well, any such thing can rapidly get nasty >> septicaemia. Had to rush myself to A & E in a taxi to get immed antibiotic cover and have it cleaned up and dressed.

The check-in computer was "down", so a long cue. Had to ask someone to mark my place and sit down, as I was feeling woozy by his time. Flippin technology hey! More frequently incompetent than humans. Anyway, got back to the station 2 hrs later (walked back)

After a very pleasant and fast 2hrs down, it took 5hrs to get back, and with a painful hand☹️ Firstly, the direct train was cancelled, so was rerouted on a very  s  l  o  w  train to Chester, then Stockport, then back to Macc from there. At Chester, that train was cancelled!! B.R. taxied me straight to Wilmslow station, as it was my ticket destination. Would not allow a slight detour to take me straight to Macc. Got there after 12. Took 1/2 hr to walk into the town and find a waiting taxi somewhere, as none at the station. Phone was dead, so couldn't phone my usual Macc taxis. I was tired, peed off and freezing cold, as the temperature had massively dropped. Wasn't dressed for being out that late. 

Finally got home just after 1.00am, feeling wrecked. Took two Paras, peeled my clothes off and fell into bed. Slept all through Saturday, apart from couple of loo visits, slurps of water and antibiotics, but fell straight back to sleep again. Slept through all of Sunday morning too!!

Hands doing okay so far, but I've felt decidedly off generally since. Think/hoping? it a combination of shock to system, the cold, Tetanus jab and antibiotics.

Still haven't caught up with the rest of you, so shall have a further read. Delly X❤️X