cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another lump Is it coming back?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Another lump Is it coming back?

I had grade two with nothing in lymph nodes and had mastectomy, the anxiety still does not go away.

I had chemo. It is a year since i was diagnosed and i have had first mamogram which was all clear, but the anxiety is still there, you just learn to live with it

Highlighted

I was wondering if any ladies had thought about or undergone mastectomy after treatment for grade 1 cancer. I am struggling with potential of recurrence and I know that mastectomy is not indicated for grade 1 with no lymph involvement but sometimes just wish I had mastectomy to reduce the chances of it coming back. My husband and consultant thinks this is a drastic step and not sure if it will make the anxiety go away so just wondering about other ladies experiences and decision making xxxx Thankyou 

Highlighted

So glad to hear your good news Suez x

Highlighted

That's great news! X

Highlighted

Had ultrasound this morning and no cancer seen, i am so relieved Thankyou xxxx

Highlighted

How did you get on Suez ? There don't seem to be many replies. Hope it turned out ok x

Highlighted

Thankyou Helena xxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

suez

Sorry I have just seen your post.  I can imagine it is very worrying given what you have already been through, everything crossed that it is not bc but you have done the right thing by getting it checked out.

Let us know how you get on if you want to.

Sending you hugs

helena xx

Highlighted

Another lump Is it coming back?

Feeling bit sick and scared at the minute. Nearly 4 years since diagnosis of grade 1. Had lumpectomy and treatment and now found another lump in other breast. Went to GP and practice nurse looked concerned she said she felt it too and it wasn't moving and added with my history it could be cancer again. She's referred me on and I feel so sick. If I am very lucky and it isn't cancer again I feel I want a double mastectomy I know this isn't always the answer but at the moment if I could I would pull my boobs off Im so tired of feeling scared.