Anxiety is taking over my whole being

Today, I woke up and could already feel underlying anxiety.  This has been going on since a meltdown December 2020.  I have seen 2x different therapists which has not really helped.  I came away with not much.  I have had acupuncture, I take supplements, I eat a good diet, I barely drink, I exercise.  I do everything I can possibly do and all I have done today is cry.  I have finished 5yrs of AI’s which were truly awful.  I struggled with every symptom known and kept going. I had no idea this was a problem until I was in year 5.  I do speak to BCN but not really much they can do, it’s pure anxiety.  Atm I have muscle pain in my left thigh and it’s sent me in to a tailspin.  I am over sensitive and alert about my body and never was before.  Friends and family do not understand at all.

I have done courses with two charities which were great but few weeks later I was back at square one. I don’t want any more pills to “help” me mentally.  I read how folk have their life back and I’m so jealous, they were awful for me.  I just can’t seem to tolerate them.  Some supplements I can’t take due to blood thinners.  I have posted before but I’m just not getting anywhere. 

Tonight I sat on sofa sobbing again I’m failing to fix a broken me. 

Sending you a big hug Muddypaws . I have suffered from horrible anxiety too it’s totally exhausting and can completely dominate your life .I don’t have any miracle cures but I did find 5HTP supplement helped with low mood and CBT therapy helped with anxiety .Once your body is on high alert it very difficult to switch it off . 

Hi Muddypaws, I have just joined so I can  reply to you. I am so sorry you are going through such a terrible time. I have had the same ups and downs. It sounds as if it has become too much with your thigh pain aswell. All I can offer is my support I’m no professional but have experience of anxiety, palpitations, you name it, I got the side effects then my back problems started up again. I have just finished taking (Fri) nearly 6 years of Anastrozole  and experiencing terrible side effects today, hence why I was looking on the forum. I tried antidepressants but they just made me sick and I couldn’t tolerate them. I found that it helps to know someone else out there is going through the same thing as it’s hard for friends and family to understand. Hope this makes you feel you are not alone. Sending you lots of love. 

Good morning Muddypaws. Everything you have described I’m feeling too. It’s  a year from diagnosis and I had my lumpectomy March 2021. Radiotherapy followed then the 5 years of Anastrozole began June 2021. I told myself I’d ignore any side effects as they were much better than the risk of a recurrance and resulting outcome. 
That said I think I’ve aged 10 years since I started taking them. Never have I woken up with aches and pains in a morning and such a consistent low mood and total detachment from what is going on in life. I feel in a world of my own 
My family say I’ve had the cancer removed and need to move on now as I’m wasting my life worrying about what might never happen.
I guess if it was me prior to breast cancer I would have given the same well meaning advice but I just can’t get over the shock of what’s happened snd the thought it’s going to return. 

Then I feel guilty for others who have a much poorer prognosis and feel ashamed for being so self absorbed. I am sleep deprived as  have  my first annual mammogram next month 

It’s not uncommon to feel anxious at some point in your life. Anxiety can take many forms, from feeling nervous about something that might happen to having a general sense of unease. If anxiety becomes overwhelming, it can lead to panic attacks, depression, and other mental health issues. seeing 222

Dear Muddypaws you are so not alone feeling this way. I am six years in from treatment for breast cancer still on Tamoxifen with all its weird side effects still and had a bit of a wobble this week following diagnosis of precancerous skin cancer I am using fluoracil cream which triggered a  reminder me of those awful chemo days. I have had precancerous cells treated on cervical smear before my cancer then breast cancer then precancerous skin cancer. I feel sick with worry thinking about where it may be hiding and am exhausted fighting for scans for bone pains and begging for another smear test. This group seems to be the only people who understand and who can give honest compassionate advice. Id be lost without you amazing people. I am sorry I cant make it better for you I truly wish I could make it better for you. Guesse I just wanted to let you know I understand your anxiety and fear and am sending you the biggest cuddle and lots of love.

Dear Muddypaws

i was diagnosed in Dec 2020 so know how you feel its horrible 

love ruth

Feel everything your saying. I too wish there was a magic wand xxxx

Hi Muddypaws.  I read your post and was just checking in to see how you are doing.  I was diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma on May 6th, 2022.  I have undergone a bilateral mastectomy and am awaiting next steps form the oncologist. I am sitting here with two drains remaining and in alot of pain since the surgical team has started expanding the foobs for the diep flap in August.  I, like you, spend most of my time crying.   I am so scared and unsure of what is too come.  I am convinced that every pain, whether in my legs, or chest, or head, is cancer spread.   I don’t know how to regain some sense of normalcy.  I have lost myself.  You are further in this journey and seem to be struggling as well.  So it seems to me that things really don’t get better.  Am I wrong?

Hi MuddyPaws

i contacted the Breast Cancer Now helpline because I was feeling so anxious about new breast pain 6 months post surgery and 2 weeks post final chemo session. The nurse I spoke to was really helpful and I felt much better after talking with her for nearly an hour. I have discovered a website called yoga4cancer that has some free online classes. I have done 2 sessions now, and they help a lot with anxiety and help me to feel better