Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anxiety

Westiegirl

Do you know what, you are not a silly girl.  I remember when I joined I had been looking at the forum for 6 weeks following my surgery, I had never joined anything like that before and was very wary.  I am so so glad I overcame it and joined as it has been the best thing I have done, the support from the wonderful ladies on here has got me through on many occasions, including my recent hysterectomy which brought back all the fears of the time when I was diagnosed with bc as at the time I did not know what I was dealing with, fortunately everything has turned out for the good and it was not cancer.

This site is just the best as there is always someone who has been/knows what you are going through and can offer support.  We are amazing how we do cope with everything that is thrown at us and we get through.

It is entirely up to you but it might be worth a try and can always stop the therapy whenever you want if it is really not for you, and we are always here for you as well, there is someone on here day and night (we have quite a few night owls 🙂 🙂 ).

Sending you hugs xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Westiegirl

A warm welcome from me too to this very wonderful safe place for expressing fear/anxiety/worries and also good stories. It has been a lifeline for me. I'm so glad you took the plunge and joined the forum.

Ladybowler has written a lovely message and I too would have suggested a counsellor. It really is important to find one that you click with. I tried one who didn't work, but am now seeing a lovely lady who I feel "gets me". But we are all so individual and what works for one doesn't work for another - you may find that this forum is exactly what you need. A counsellor is all about helping you to help yourself, and other options may also help you to help yourself.

I was very sad to read about your husband and your story - big hugs coming your way. You had a huge load to deal with all at the same time. Please don't beat yourself up about having what you call "buried your head in the sand". You have dealt with it in your way, there is no right or wrong way, just the best way for you and that changes as time goes by.

I too am on Tamoxifen but my consultant wants to move me to one of the other drugs at some point. I'm anxious about that as I seem to have tolerated Tamoxifen and fear that another may be more difficult. I also worry about every ache and pain - I think all of us do, to a greater or lesser degree.

Please feel free to private message me too if that helps, or carry on chatting on here.

Love and hugs

Evie xx

Highlighted

Thank you for your lovely reply and thoughts of encouragement. Regarding taking Anastrozole for another 5yrs, I have got to feel positive about that as yes your right it's hopefully keeping things at bay. Also 6 years on and I'm still cancer free so should be feeling positive.

i have tried some counselling a number of years ago and didn't find it very helpful as counsellor wasn't particularly good. I have been offered some therapy this week. I'm really not sure if it's for me though. It's very intense and feel sharing my thought and fears with you lovely ladies will help me tremendously. I have wanted to join the forum for sometime but felt to anxious to do so, silly girl.

I've sat and read many posts tonight and there are some very brave ladies out there all with a story to tell, and together we can help each other through the rough times. Life's such a roller coaster, it's amazing where we find the inner strength from to get us through it all. 

Loads of smiles x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Westiegirl

Hello and welcome to the forum where I know you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here who know exactly what you are going through, and there are ladies on here who have experienced the same loss as you whilst recieving treatment for bc and being on the same drug as you.

It is difficult to come to terms with what we have been through and the effect of the treatment that we have gone through..  I am not on the same drug as you as I am on tamoxifen due to having osteoporosis in the spine, I thought I was going to be on it for 5 years, however when I met with my oncologist in April he confirmed that I would be on it for 10 years.  I look on it as it keeping me hopefully safe from a recurrence.

Oh my dear we all know that feeling of thinking that every ache and pain means it has come back and the anxiety monster takes over our rational mind in that it is not that.

I wonder have you had counselling to help with both your bereavement and your diagnosis, if you have not then it might be something to consider as it is a safe comfortable place where you can talk about all your fears without the worry of upsetting your family and friends.

I know that this is perhaps not what you want to hear but I want to congratulate you on being 6 years post diagnosis which in itself is wonderful, I am currently 2 years so got a bit to go yet.

Sending you hugs xxx

Highlighted

Anxiety

I had a left mast in June 2012 5mths after my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. As you can imagine a horrific time for us both. I lost him Dec 2012. So as I finished my treatment I had no loving husband to comfort me and share my fears, I was on my own and still am. Initially it was said I had grade2 invasive ducal carcinoma, but final biopsy showed tumour to be grade 3. I had chemo and 5yrs on Anastrozole,  are there any other ladies on this drug as I feel I'm only one in world on it. Sept 2017 my 5yrs was up and joy I would be taken off the dreaded drugs, but after talking to my consultant he suggested that because my oestrogen level was very high it would be beneficial to stay on the drug for another 5yrs. I was gutted, mortified,  words can't describe how felt. I have stayed on it but terrified what happens after this period ends. Since this time my anxiety is terrible I've had numerous panic  attacks, on anti depressants and beta blockers. This is my first time on the forum, the fist time since May 2012 I have got all my hospital letters out and read them. I'm so frightened thinking what if it comes back. I know I have not faced up to what I have done and buried my head in the sand, but I suppose coping with bereavement at same time hasn't helped matters. I have some fabulous girl friends but I need to talk to ladies who have gone through breast Cancer. At times I think I'm going mad thinking every little ache and pain is something nasty. I really need some support 😊