cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood count is just very slightly under normal range

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Blood count is just very slightly under normal range

I had my results back few weeks ago everything good and funny thing joint pain eased haha . I have asthma and hay fever so phoned nurse as have had hoarse voice convinced it had gone to my lung . Advise of nurse it’s hay fever asthma pumps plus I have thyroid problems point I have mr google on speed dial and always look at the negatives not what it could be . Tomorrow marks my first date with chemo dates take over my life xx

Highlighted

Yes it did freak me out. Was off Tamoxifen for almost two weeks. My GP wrote to oncologist who said it is unlikely to be the meds so get back on them. My second blood test came back normal but will be checking them regularly but not until this virus has gone as can’t visit surgery 😩 hope you are keeping well x

Highlighted

I just had results back as went for pain in the leg thank goodness everything came back normal  hope everything will be ok I get you not having to take tamoxifenfor a week it freaks you out doesn’t it xx

Highlighted

Hello there. I’ve have had a low blood count this week to and my GP says it’s the Tamoxifen. I have to leave it off for a week then get more bloods done. I’m so anxious at not taking it as it’s the only thing that I can do to stop BC coming back! But she said I’am more at risk for infection which is my main health worry at the moment! I feel for you. Let us know how you get on 

Highlighted

Mine was low too in August and my go referred it to the hospital who just said to check it every 6 months and that it is not an issue. My nests and white blood cells were low. It is more of a problem if they are high.xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi I just wanted to add that I have blood tests done every 6 months as part of a trial and my blood counts were low for a while, I was told after the chemo etc they may never reach the old normal level again but it was a new normal for me. They are back up again now but I worried too...  Still do around results time.. Hang in there xxx

Highlighted

Cancer is it exhausting the fear never goes away it is always there my joints ache I feel like an old woman I’m 57 but feel 77 the after effects of treatments take the toll so I think we think the worst . I’m sure everything ok and your next blood work will be normal  try not to worry but easier said than done xx

Highlighted

Rockstarchick - it did send me into over drive but then so does everything, I’m soo scared of anything & everything it’s exhausting.

Glad you got the right result with your last blood test & good luck with mammogram result.

Thanks for your reply 💕

Highlighted

I am coming up for 6 years post diagnosis back last year I had blood tests as doctor put my to rest not that it did haha . Anyway my platelets were low they kept recalling me in to make an appointment I was so scared I didn’t go especially after googling and seeing the worst . Eventually I rang the doctor who said they were bit low so had to have repeats which I did . They increased back to normal range but still have to checked sends your brain into overdrive cancer never stops haunting you . 6th mammogram yesterday 🤞all is ok as have booked to go to Florida I end of June so excited xxx

Highlighted

Jaybro thank you for reply.

In my panic I never thought about due to my medical history that GP would react immediately so thank you for that.

GP phoned me this morning & explained to me in detail how the blood tests I had work & helped me to calm down somewhat.

I've more than likely got slight anaemia & we are going to stick to the six weeks as arranged, as all other blood tests I had were fine.

I have also been prescribed some medication to help me relax which is what I've been waiting for.

I'm hoping they work.

I appreciate your clear & understanding post that helped me. 💞

Highlighted

Hi MoDo

I really feel for you. I have a feeling things like this are going to create similar havoc in my head, though I’m doing ok right now by putting them safely in a box of irrational worries - and it seems to be working.

Presumably your GP is aware of your history of breast cancer. When finding your blood count lower than normal, s/he must have taken that into consideration and would have packed you off for a check immediately. Time is always of the essence. But so many factors affect your blood count, anaemia being the obvious one. I would advise you to get an appointment with your GP, by telephone if necessary, and explain that you were too shocked to ask at the time but are now very concerned that breast cancer may have come back - and you’d like it ruled out for your peace of mind. It’s the last bit that is so important. You can’t wait another 6 weeks.

Hope it works out well for you x

Highlighted

Blood count is just very slightly under normal range

Hi All -

Had some blood tests done last week & my blood count is just very slightly under normal range - GP said to have another blood test in 6 weeks to check this rather than considering it to be abnormal.

I'm now seriously panicking & my head is swirling round & round.

I'm thinking that the blood count is slightly down because the cancer has spread, plus the fact that GP said abormal.

what reasons could be causing this as my blood count has always been ok before.

I'm so anxious in general that every tiny thing affects me like this.

I can hardly breathe & keep re-reading the letter over & over.

Please can any one help.