cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fear and anxiety

9 REPLIES 9
Rockstarchic

Re: Fear and anxiety

It is hard I have a group of friends who were diagnosed the same time as me and yes your rightwe all still have the wobbles . It’s bizarre I look at my hair and cry as this is how it was pre diagnosis . I will probably go to doctors about anxiety but I have white coat syndrome blood pressure goes through the roof when I go there . Hope we both get the help we need xx
Biker

Oops posted twice. I am sorry I should have said rockstarchc. 

Biker

To rockchick, I too have suffered badly with anxiety after being diagnosed . But when it was so bad i went my local gp. She was very understanding and gave me medication to take the edge off. Your doctor will help with your anxiety. I think we all go through this during and after breast cancer, spoke to other people and they are the same. Hope that helps, as I know what you are going through. Best wishes x 

Biker

To rockchick, I too have suffered badly with anxiety after being diagnosed . But when it was so bad i went my local gp. She was very understanding and gave me medication to take the edge off. Your doctor will help with your anxiety. I think we all go through this during and after breast cancer, spoke to other people and they are the same. Hope that helps, as I know what you are going through. Best wishes x

Rockstarchic

Anxiety plays so many tricks on you I was diagnosed 4.5 years when I m having fab time Luke being on holiday it makes my anxiety worse I feel like I’m pushing my luck . All week convinced myself it’s back my glands have been going up and down in my neck according to no one else can feel them I think it’s all in my head . To terrified to go to doctor , yet when I am low I can pick myself up no problem . Is this normal I feel so blessed we have lovely life just always feel my bubble is going to burst xx
Biker

Thank you jencat for your reply. Yes hopefully, anxiety has been overwhelming , my local gp is giving me support seeing me two weeks . Best wishes to you and thank you agsin.

Jencat

That's good news that the herceptin is working in your breast. Do you know when you'll be starting on the chemo tablets? Hopefully like you say, you will feel less anxious once you start taking them x

Biker

Still feeling a little anxious trying to focus on the positive . At least herceptin is work ing on breast . So that is a positive hopefully. I hope to feel less anxious when I start chemo tablets. 

Jencat

Biker, just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and not to apologise, it's understandable that you're feeling anxious at the moment. Anxiety is a horrible thing. Good that you'll be able to take chemo tablets soon x 

Biker

Fear and anxiety

Not coping today, I am normally a,strong person. But after being told herceptin not working on lung mets yesterday I have been plagued with anxiety, even came up in hives. Also ashamed to say I have taken a diazepam to calm me . I will be on chemo tablets soon so they said there were options, so feeling annoyed at myself there are people going through the same . Anxiety the worse thing to feel but will hopefully get through it. Sorry for being a,woose.